FE16 "leaks"

Lustrous Daybreak doesn't sound too farfetched if we're getting another Tellius game. After all, FE16 would be the first game on a home console since the Tellius games.

But I think it's a fake. We've seen how many subtitles now? Elegy of the Brave, Mutiny, now Lustrous Daybreak.

Plus, "lustrous" sounds like a weird way to describe daybreak. "Shining" makes more sense.

Edited by Dandy Druid

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like these leak subtitles are trying a little too hard.

Then again, I'd be pretty hard pressed to think of a good subtitle for an official Fire Emblem game myself.

At least there's a little more to talk about now.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

30 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Is there something big on the 7th? I know of the rumored online details supposedly behind dropped then but never heard of anything else being shown.

I mean, it wouldn't confirm anything, but it would at least raise a few eyebrows if the leak gave the correct date for the online details, and if we hear any word of "nintendo classics" during the presentation that would say something.

Lustrous Daybreak sounds like the kind of literal translation nonsense you get from Google Translate. I don't buy it. 

Subtitles tend to change pretty dramatically between regions, anyway. If changed to Fates, for starters.

Do you think we'd get another Tellius? I certainly hope IS is able to port them to the Switch's new virtua console thingy when it finally comes along.

IDK the subtitle sounds weird although the comparison to radiant would make some sense since they already made note that this is the 1st home console game since radiant dawn 10 years ago so who knows. Aside from the questionable FE subtitle the leak does seem pretty feasible plus I kind of want most of the stuff to be true so who knows, guess we will find out early next week.

"Elegy of the Brave" would be the one believable name from that list in my opinion. Lustrous Daybreak sounds very implausible to me. 

Anyhow, at this point I don't think I'll believe anything but official information as far as FE16 is concerned. Once we do get out first screenshots and trailers I'll be more open (such as all the analysis videos we got for Fates, which got a surprising amount of stuff right), but for now, I'll just wait (im)patiently for official information. Hopefully E3 will be the day; I'd dread not having even a peep then.

Regarding the "more Tellius"... Possibly? I think we'd see an Echoes title for it before a new instalment. The fact that Ike is ultra-popular yet those games not selling well is probably sending some contradictory messages to IS. I think they'd test the waters before making a brand new Tellius game.

Lustrous Daybreak huh?...i dont know. its just a leak like the others....i dont trust this one. wait for e3 in june 12th and we know much more.....

dawn i wish that the vampire leak is true but i think they done something else.

the best for us all is that we ignore that kiddie leaks and wait for e3. those leaks are there to hurt us...i dont know why the people throw fake leaks to us....why they hurting us so bad :/

i trust IS. they come up with a good fe16.

do u think they do much about the dlc? i mean they can do more just than  only a map for dlc.

sry for bad english but i try my best  :D

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

Lustrous Daybreak huh?...i dont know. its just a leak like the others....i dont trust this one. wait for e3 in june 12th and we know much more.....

dawn i wish that the vampire leak is true but i think they done something else.

the best for us all is that we ignore that kiddie leaks and wait for e3. those leaks are there to hurt us...i dont know why the people throw fake leaks to us....why they hurting us so bad :/

i trust IS. they come up with a good fe16.

do u think they do much about the dlc? i mean they can do more just than  only a map for dlc.

sry for bad english but i try my best  :D

I'm expecting a good amount of DLC of EXP/Gold/Weapons, challenge, previous FE games, story maps and the usual slice of life fanservice maps are definitely happening. I have some cool ideas of some new DLC that are not just only maps. I like to see different Class skins/clothing options for characters this would be better if the Accessory shop building returns which I'll safely assume it will. For the MyUnit hairstyles of the previous Lords/important characters that would be awesome. There's also DLC characters I rather more original/brand new characters while keeping previous characters via Amiibo.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Come on guys, "Lustrous Daybreak" is literally what you get with a 2 minute search for synonyms of "Radiant Dawn". If this title was a third Tellius game it wouldn't be such a similar name, and it would have the word "radiance" in some form. I really doubt this game will be Tellius though.

I'm feeling like there might be a Direct next week leading up to E3 for the online details Nintendo confirmed are coming in "early May". Probably a couple of games too if there is one. Though I don't think FE would be there, it's always a possibility.

That leak's prediction of a May Direct makes sense and I think us getting a Direct this month or within a week of E3 is highly likely. I can't see them taking precious time detailing any online service at E3. Even if it ends up being a great service, reminding people that they will have to pay to play games online on the switch they can currently play for free is bad press that they can't avoid and want to keep far away from E3. And a Virtual console successor is probably planned to accompany such an announcement in order to smooth it over: "look how many great classics you can play on your switch!". Altogether though, these things would take too much time away game announcements to show up at E3. 

All of the stuff detailing what's happening at E3 makes considerably less sense. Nintendo has already claimed that no 2019 games will be featured at the event. So a Paper Mario game and especially Metroid Prime 4 as a 2019 title are red flags. They've specified that the video presentation is limited to 2018 games, so 2019 stuff may appear on the Treehouse streams, but something as big as Prime 4 would not be introduced in such a format.

33 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

If FE16 ends up being an RD sequel, I will freak in the absolute best way possible. 

The only thing that'd make me more happy would be a Jugdral sequel.

That said, I am 90.01% percent sure that they're not revisiting any old continents that aren't Archanea, and 9001% sure that it wouldn't be a direct sequel.

Edited by Slumber

If we're talking about revisiting old settings, I'd love to see an Elibe game covering the Scouring. Highly doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

That leak's prediction of a May Direct makes sense and I think us getting a Direct this month or within a week of E3 is highly likely. I can't see them taking precious time detailing any online service at E3. Even if it ends up being a great service, reminding people that they will have to pay to play games online on the switch they can currently play for free is bad press that they can't avoid and want to keep far away from E3. And a Virtual console successor is probably planned to accompany such an announcement in order to smooth it over: "look how many great classics you can play on your switch!". Altogether though, these things would take too much time away game announcements to show up at E3. 

All of the stuff detailing what's happening at E3 makes considerably less sense. Nintendo has already claimed that no 2019 games will be featured at the event. So a Paper Mario game and especially Metroid Prime 4 as a 2019 title are red flags. They've specified that the video presentation is limited to 2018 games, so 2019 stuff may appear on the Treehouse streams, but something as big as Prime 4 would not be introduced in such a format.

Yeah plus I also doubt Lustrous Daybreak is even real if it was it sounds like the "Awakening" for Tellius. 

7 hours ago, Chconroy said:

If we're talking about revisiting old settings, I'd love to see an Elibe game covering the Scouring. Highly doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.

Or Magvel. That was only in one game!

Personally, I really doubt a third Tellius game. It seems like the story was always planned to be told in two games, and it would be pretty hard to make a sequel without mucking up the epilogue or making it take place far in the future which at that point is it even worth making it Tellius anymore? We saw how Awakening treated Archanea as just a nod and wink since Ylisse is basically a totally new world. 

I think we will probably a third Elibe or Archanea game eventually, but not until FE17 at the earliest if that game isn't a remake. Just a gut feeling but I think FE16 will be totally new.

47 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Good point, I'd also like to see a second Magvel game.

3 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I'm adamantly against a new Magvel game. 

IS had their chance to make it an interesting, fleshed out world, and they screwed it up. Any attempts to go back would feel like IS realizing how bad they were with the world building of that game, and trying to fix it. 

Think about it. What would we gain from a new Magvel game? The most we could get is proper lore about a location that previously had none. 

The better course of action, to me, is to make a new continent/world and flesh it out properly, or revisit a place that already has a decent foundation for building off of. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

IS had their chance to make it an interesting, fleshed out world, and they screwed it up. Any attempts to go back would feel like IS realizing how bad they were with the world building of that game, and trying to fix it. 

Think about it. What would we gain from a new Magvel game? The most we could get is proper lore about a location that previously had none. 

The better course of action, to me, is to make a new continent/world and flesh it out properly, or revisit a place that already has a decent foundation for building off of. 

You could arguably achieve both because Magvel is so underdeveloped: IS can approach it almost exactly as they would a new continent. The five "heroes" of FE8's backstory can be turned into practically anything the new game needs because we know next to nothing about them, for example.

As for what the point of that would be when you really could get start fresh... shrugs. 

It's too strong a word, but "closure," I guess?

As for the supposed May Direct, I think we'll get a Micro Direct explaining the online service at best - and even that's a stretch. Where did all the "May 7th" rumours come from?

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As for the supposed May Direct, I think we'll get a Micro Direct explaining the online service at best - and even that's a stretch. Where did all the "May 7th" rumours come from?

I think they came from a GameFaqs post.

39 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Makes it more unbelievable lol 

I was about to say. Gamefaqs is the absolute worst place to be at for this type of stuff. I wouldn't mind a nintendo direct, but honestly don't count on it. 

If we get a direct on the 7th it is definitely going to be a mini direct only used to describe the only service and maybe talk about Smash or the Virtual console to give people a reason to actually want it. It is way too late notice at this point since they haven't even announced it yet...

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

I was about to say. Gamefaqs is the absolute worst place to be at for this type of stuff. I wouldn't mind a nintendo direct, but honestly don't count on it. 

Same here even a micro pre E3 one but yeah don't see one basically gotta wait the final stretch now.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

Meh, we had a new world not too long ago with Fates, and that was pretty bad in terms of worldbuilding, so I say the best course of action is either another Elibe or Tellius game, since those are the most lore rich continents besides Archanea. 

EDIT: Gaiden 2 may also be a possibility. 

Edited by ElectiveToast