Theories on how Lucina survived her future for so long

Based on the Future Past dlc, Lucina and the other children focused on protecting the people while trying to find ways to kill Grima. Grima I'd imagined just was contempt with watching the world be destroyed slowly, and only got involved when it got serious. So that's what I think, that or since Grima already decimated Ylisse, they decided to focus on the other areas of resistance (just saying, even though Walhart didn't use the Valentian Falchion or Valentia lost it, there's other equally powerful weapons, like the Holy Weapons in Genealogy)

11 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Based on the Future Past dlc, Lucina and the other children focused on protecting the people while trying to find ways to kill Grima. Grima I'd imagined just was contempt with watching the world be destroyed slowly, and only got involved when it got serious. So that's what I think, that or since Grima already decimated Ylisse, they decided to focus on the other areas of resistance (just saying, even though Walhart didn't use the Valentian Falchion or Valentia lost it, there's other equally powerful weapons, like the Holy Weapons in Genealogy)

Probably this, yeah. Or the devs never considered it and it was just plot armor...

I'm picturing Lucina and the rest of the kids living out in the wilderness somewhere that Grima isn't attacking. Maybe with a bunch of wild animal buddies. Until one day Naga goes "okay, I've had enough of Grima's shit" and seeks them out and goes "hey kids, want to go back and time and save the world?"

Stupid or no? I'm leaning toward stupid lol.

Grima probably did a mistake like a lot of vilains in video games or movies: premature celebration. He probably thought after getting rid of Chrom he would be okay and decided to watch the word slowly die because of his numberous minions. Maybe is he also lazy? I remember him mentionning that he would hope not to move a muscle instead of wasting his energy

He also probably didn't know that Lucina even existed, despite his host being the avatar since they share a different mind. And once Lucina and friends grew up, well it was a little bit too late to take drastic actions.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Grima probably did a mistake like a lot of vilains in video games or movies: premature celebration. He probably thought after getting rid of Chrom he would be okay and decided to watch the word slowly die because of his numberous minions. Maybe is he also lazy? I remember him mentionning that he would hope not to move a muscle instead of wasting his energy

He also probably didn't know that Lucina even existed, despite his host being the avatar since they share a different mind. And once Lucina and friends grew up, well it was a little bit too late to take drastic actions.

I read that as "premature (something clearly nsfw)". And then I went wtf and did a double take and read it again. My mind needs to get out of the gutter.

But yes, this is possible.

Yeah, more or less I'd just say that Grima is cocky. Grima did not perceive Lucina as a threat and therefore just let the Risen do what they do until eventually they all died. Grima probably thought it beneath him to directly interfere unless he deemed it necessary. 

I think Lucina says in FP that some of the gemstones were lost and that contributed to her need to flee. FP does indicate that Grima's conquest took a while, and to be fair: Grima is likely immortal to age, had the Fire Emblem in their control which in practice was impossible to reclaim by the forces of good, and had already offed Chrom and co. aka the greatest threat of all. Grima didn't need to hurry, and if they like death and destruction, why do so?

Mind you, if Grima followed Lucina through the Outrealm Gate or whatever it was right away, Grima was already keeping very close tabs on her crew. Grima probably then chose not to kill Lucina since it'd give them the chance to conquer more worlds.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think Lucina says in FP that some of the gemstones were lost and that contributed to her need to flee.

Only one of them was lost.  They only were able to retrieve 4 of the 5 as explained in the Drama CD below and inside the FP story.  Their pursue of the Gems might have been a few long battles before they finally reached the current situation they were in shown in the canon timelines.  But obviously anything before that is still an unknown thing.

Grima probably saw them more as play things to torture, or Robin fought from the inside to the extent they could curb his bloodlust to some extent, such as they couldn't stop him from killing those he saw as an immense threat, like Chrom, but they could keep Grima from killing those that were more minor threats.