Look, Dude of Kong's Art

property of nuvelle

Hello SF users. It is I, KongDude, here to provide some of my art.

I recently bought a new sketchbook that I'd use seriously (all my other ones... I don't know what happened to them), so I thought I'd post whatever I drew in there. As a Junior who wants to become an illustrator/artist, it'd really be helpful to get some feedback and such.

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/artofsher

All my work:

Spoiler

So on Page 1, I have a Young Tiki drawing.

Spoiler

5MeTIPn.jpg

Finding creases in clothing is a bit of a problem for me. Also knowing where to shade in.

And she isn't exactly loli-like here, looks a bit older, but overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.

Edit: Wow, I got the date wrong too. Should be 25th

11/5/17

Spoiler

RyowFiK.jpg

12/23/2017

Spoiler

12/28/17

Spoiler

12/31/17

Spoiler

1/9/17

Spoiler

1/11/17

Spoiler

1/12/17

Spoiler

1/14/17

Spoiler

1/16/17

Spoiler

1/18/17

Spoiler

1/20/17

Spoiler

1/24/17

Spoiler

1/27/17

Spoiler

Edited by KongDude

Hey, nice drawing overall.  The biggest thing I would change would be the arms.  It looks like you were trying to have her with her arms behind her back, but it sort of makes it looks like she has no arms here.  The second thing I would change would be her mouth, since it looks a bit off, but it's hard to explain how precisely.  For the clothing folds, on her skirt, they should not hug the legs that tightly, but sort of fall loose.

Hope that helps.  Hey own drawings are pretty cheesy, but it's fun to try.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, nice drawing overall.  The biggest thing I would change would be the arms.  It looks like you were trying to have her with her arms behind her back, but it sort of makes it looks like she has no arms here.  The second thing I would change would be her mouth, since it looks a bit off, but it's hard to explain how precisely.  For the clothing folds, on her skirt, they should not hug the legs that tightly, but sort of fall loose.

Hope that helps.  Hey own drawings are pretty cheesy, but it's fun to try.

Thanks! I wasn't really feeling the arms so I decided I'd just put it behind so I wouldn't need to deal with it. I did have some trouble with the mouth. It might be the placement of it. The skirt thing was experimental to try and figure out clothing creasing but it does seem a little awkward.

Edit: Oh, looks like I actually forgot to line in the bottom half of her left arm.

Edited by KongDude

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Thanks! I wasn't really feeling the arms so I decided I'd just put it behind so I wouldn't need to deal with it. I did have some trouble with the mouth. It might be the placement of it. The skirt thing was experimental to try and figure out clothing creasing but it does seem a little awkward.

A good way to do clothing creases or just poses and such in general is to step in front of a mirror and either make a mental note of how things look or even take a selfie of it for reference.  I think there's also some sites online that you can use for art reference.

I'd also suggest - within reason - observing and sketching other real people as well - something that I do when I'm on the train, or in a cafe/bar. If you see someone playing music or a public talk, then so much the better, as you can look at them without looking like a freak. And don't be afraid to make mistakes!

Edited by henrymidfields

• 1 month later...

FINALLY UPDATED!!! I decided to get better with digital, so here's a Tana piece.

Spoiler

RyowFiK.jpg

She's missing a couple details but overall got what I wanted.

I'm really happy with the outcome. First finished digital illustration! I normally don't get into the coloring stage but I was able to push through.

Thanks Cuboon for referencing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like these. I like your coloring and your style but I need to critique one thing. It's something I usually make a mistake of and you probably caught on to it too. The mouth placement is too low. Try placing the mouth is little higher up. If you fear the chin being too big instead of the upper lip, don't. It's actually a pretty effective style used in most 90s anime.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, shintarouee said:

Your art's very cute! I'd love to see you try more poses though.

Thanks! Poses are still something I'm trying to get down. One of my current commissions has a pose that I'm rather happy with, I'll make sure to post it here.

• 2 weeks later...