Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not yet, but this game has only been out for a bit over half a year. Give them a year. Most players are expecting these banners to reprise for the same occasion next year.

Ohoho, I will look forward to that if they decide to dabble in revival gachas! Especially since I've been out of the loop of what's been going on in this game for the past few months.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that scares me the most about this banner is how it will empower defense teams. The chances of a dancer refreshing units like Reinhardt or Brave!Lyn were pretty slim before, but now that there are 3 ranged dancers, we could very see set-ups where there would be no spots out of Reinhardt's range left on the map if he ends up getting danced.

Not to mention that while I'm still not sold on how powerful Azura's weapon will be in the player's hands, it's definitely extremely strong in the AI's hand since Infantry unit now have a chance of getting +3 across the board, which was extremely unlikely to happen before. At least she still goes before blade tomes, but there's still the possibility that she gives +15 damage to an infantry blade user, which is is not something I'd like to face.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And if a Halloween banner drops too late, yeah, I won't be interested in using those units anymore because Halloween will be over. As I said, nobody puts on costumes and hands out/collects candy in November (unless there's a Halloween delay). Dunno what the rest of the world does in November, but in America, we put our Halloween stuff away and start getting ready for Thanksgiving.

I still use Spring Lucina. :/

You've been heated with FEH since release. You need to simmer down, lmao.

*popcorn*

Man, every banner thread that Ana doesn't like turns into "They're not that useful" and "but they are".

I think she needs to realize her biases for characters and their value in gameplay need to be separated.

I remember when she tried to say Summer Freddy was a nuke.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nobody celebrates Christmas in January or Easter in May or as I said, Halloween in November.

Nobody celebrates Halloween on a day other than October 31 unless October 31 is a weekend (schools and businesses generally celebrate Halloween on the closest school day or business day).

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It can't happen at this point though. It wouldn't make any sense. And even if it did, I'd no longer want to pull for them, personally. Maybe others will, and that's cool for them. But for me? Eh.

The Halloween banner will likely start on the 26th or 27th of October. That's plenty in time for Halloween.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why pull on this banner when most players by now have Olivia and possibly Ninian too? Hell, I have all three of them, though that's just me. I definitely know not everyone does.

Arena Assault. With seven Dancers/Singers, I can use one on every team. I can copy and paste my Arena team and breeze through the whole mode.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Halloween banner will likely start on the 26th or 27th of October. That's plenty in time for Halloween.

Given that every other gacha under the sun celebrates Halloween, this seems the most likely.

Still somewhat surprised this is a limited banner. We've never had a non-seasonal limited banner.

Edited by dragonlordsd

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It can't happen at this point though. It wouldn't make any sense. And even if it did, I'd no longer want to pull for them, personally. Maybe others will, and that's cool for them. But for me? Eh.

I don't know about your neighborhood but around here I have not seen a single house with Halloween things out yet. And I haven't heard a single person talk about what they are dressing up as yet either. It is way too early for Halloween right now.

Dancer banner was not what I expected but I really need more dancers since I only have one Olivia.  I really want Inigo since I always wanted to see him dance.  Sadly I only have 60 orbs : (

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

Dancer banner was not what I expected but I really need more dancers since I only have one Olivia.  I really want Inigo since I always wanted to see him dance.  Sadly I only have 60 orbs : (

It's month long, and the average number of orbs we get per month is ~200.

I'd say you've got a good shot.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Still somewhat surprised this is a limited banner. We've never had a non-seasonal limited banner.

Brides?

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe. We don't know for sure. I'm still not holding my breath.

18 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I think she needs to realize her biases for characters and their value in gameplay need to be separated.

I remember when she tried to say Summer Freddy was a nuke.

How is bias for certain characters involved when nobody's been mentioning any specific ones?

And Summer Frederick is kind of a nuke compared to other daggers. He's more support than anything, sure, but he's still good for combat too.

19 minutes ago, Aera said:

I still use Spring Lucina. :/

You've been heated with FEH since release. You need to simmer down, lmao.

Uh, except the only banner I've legitimately disliked in like the last four months until now was the Nohr summer one?  I was mostly hyped for something in the game during that time otherwise.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Brides?

Brides are still considered seasonal.

I'm really liking this banner though. Shigure, another Kaya8 Azura, and Inigo sounds great. Olivia would be my last priority but I'll get to her eventually.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Brides are for weddings, not for any specific holiday. Weddings can take place at any time of the year, they just happen in June most often for Japan. Nobody celebrates Christmas in January or Easter in May or as I said, Halloween in November.

I just make sure I have room for an extra red or blue depending on if I need to use Olivia or Azura. Take Nowi off and use Ninian and you still have your blue breath unit.

Ana the TT banners end in 8 days it makes a lot of sense for a Halloween banner to start when they end because it will be October.  They have had several banners at once several times I expect to see a Halloween and a FE 4/5 banner after TT is over.

2 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Would have liked it more if Shigure was a flier, but I guess that's too op.

Actually, Shigure now being there means that his original one can exist as well. After all, we had Spring Xander before the original Xander. Original Shigure is sure to eventually come as well.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Brides?

Serious question, here. Someone mentioned back then that "spring brides" were a thing.

I mean, I know they are in some western cultures, but are they in Japan?

Edit, looked it up, and oh, wow, it is. "June Bride" is actually a thing in Japan.

Edited by dragonlordsd

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. There's no reason to believe Heroes is skipping on Halloween. Literally every other gacha game does something special for Halloween because it makes money. It also keeps the fandom happy.
  2. Unless they're planning to have another 3-week set of bonus units, a new banner must necessarily start the week before Halloween for the next set of bonus units to be available at the start of the Arena season.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Summer Frederick is kind of a nuke compared to other daggers. He's more support than anything, sure, but he's still good for combat too.

A nuke in this game has something like 65+ effective Atk or 55+ with a brave weapon, which is something Summer Frederick can't do.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why? Weddings happen at all times of the year.

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Serious question, here. Someone mentioned back then that "spring brides" were a thing.

I mean, I know they are in some western cultures, but are they in Japan?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

June is a popular time to get married in Japan.

"June brides" are a thing. It's also not Japan-specific, which is why "June brides", the phrase in English, exists and is a thing. You can Google it.

5 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Ana the TT banners end in 8 days it makes a lot of sense for a Halloween banner to start when they end because it will be October.  They have had several banners at once several times I expect to see a Halloween and a FE 4/5 banner after TT is over.

That's not how new character banners work. Banners for existing characters don't run on the same schedule that new character banners run on.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How is bias for certain characters involved when nobody's been mentioning any specific ones?

Uh, except the only banner I've legitimately disliked in like the last four months until now was the Nohr summer one?  I was mostly hyped for something in the game during that time otherwise.

I come back to SF sometimes just to see what people are saying about the new banner, and I happen to see you complaining. 

I think it's not worth it to not pull just a couple from this banner. I have all three dancers, and I really want these units, lol. I've wanted Inigo, not Laslow, since release.  I think you'd just have to give the banner a try. There's nothing wrong with the dancers, they're more help than anything. If you try to get at least one unit from this banner, you have a 100% chance of getting a dancer. 

Also, they can function as a non-dancer and a regular unit. These units, without sing/dance equipped, can function as regular units and can be danced/sung to as well.