Team Leo complete? (spoilers)

Etrurian emperor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm saying don't get your hopes up. It's better to be cautious and pleasantly surprised than too hopeful and unpleasantly surprised. 
Berserk Warriors, for instance, apparently had multiple characters with voice lines, models, and movesets that were NPCs/enemy only-- it is very well within the realm of possibility that they aren't playable whatsoever.

The NPCs in Berserker Warriors generally had exclusive but limited movesets and some even low quality models (like an npc Anna that showed up in the stream). Owain at least seems to have a standard moveset based on Ryoma's and model on par with the playable cast for the intermission scenes. This seems closer to a Hyrule Warriors situation to me, where the characters are either npc just for the main story but can be unlocked in the extra mode or will be added later through updates.

Edited by NeonZ

4 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

The NPCs in Berserker Warriors generally had exclusive but limited movesets and some even low quality models (like an npc Anna that showed up in the stream). Owain at least seems to have a standard moveset based on Ryoma's and model on par with the playable cast for the intermission scenes. This seems closer to a Hyrule Warriors situation to me, where the characters are either npc just for the main story but can be unlocked in the extra mode or will be added later through updates.

Being added  in an update does sound possible. But then again, I think in HW that happened because the moveset wasn't fully complete. That shouldn't be a problem, at least not for some of these.

First image of Navarre (And yes he is dual wielding like Lyn so clones confirmed):

Spoiler

59caefe48857b_.jpg.d2f8426958ddb932d0d99db2d9713e8d.jpg

I guess have Owain too in game too (Who actually appears to have his own moveset?):

Spoiler

59caf025d71f3_.jpg.136ed136603fd4338bec2a1d79a8c42f.jpg

7 minutes ago, TheSS said:

Being added  in an update does sound possible. But then again, I think in HW that happened because the moveset wasn't fully complete. That shouldn't be a problem, at least not for some of these.

They'd still need multiple unique specials in order to become playable characters even if the basic moveset is reused. There's also the issue of promoted models (although I hope they aren't kept from being playable due to something like that. It'd be better to ignore model changes with promotion than to cut them altogether).

Edited by NeonZ

7 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

They'd still need multiple unique specials in order to become playable characters even if the basic moveset is reused. There's also the issue of promoted models (although I hope they aren't kept from being playable due to something like that. It'd be better to ignore model changes with promotion than to cut them altogether).

Nobody has touched Colosseum mode yet; we still can't say anything for certain (though I'm not expecting them to be playable at this point).

9 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Yeah, pretty much everything you said is on point. There IS work to do. But it's too small for you to be able to justify not including them.

Ok, now that I have done some thinking (And looking on the JP wiki), you normally unlock a History mode map when you get all the characters who were in that game (From story mode I mean). You likely unlock Owain from doing the Awakening History mode map, and Oboro from the Fates History mode map.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

At least he dies for good and they don't pull some possession/last second redemption nonsense.

Spoiler

Pretty sure he sacrifices himself to save Yelena. Chapter 17 is literally called 'Sacrifice'

Just now, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Pretty sure he sacrifices himself to save Yelena. Chapter 17 is literally called 'Sacrifice'

Darios is an enemy in that chapter and your main objective is to stop him from completing a ritual. 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

Darios is an enemy in that chapter and your main objective is to stop him from completing a ritual. 

Spoiler

Yeah, but we also don't know what has happened between that chapter and the last. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if he was a) the villain all along or b) sacrificed himself cause he the man. Either way the story is gonna be cliche as fuck, not like we expected anything else.

27 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, but we also don't know what has happened between that chapter and the last. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if he was a) the villain all along or b) sacrificed himself cause he the man. Either way the story is gonna be cliche as fuck, not like we expected anything else.

Spoiler

I mean, it's a Warriors game, so it's not like the story really matters all that much.

How many chapters are there though? I wanna get a sense of how long the story is.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean, it's a Warriors game, so it's not like the story really matters all that much.

How many chapters are there though? I wanna get a sense of how long the story is.

21 + prologue and premonition. Overall playtime is the same as HW's.

3 hours ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

@Ertrick36

Oboro looks to be confirmed here.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

First image of Oboro (It's not the best, but it's something):

Reveal hidden contents

59caee5a30863_.jpg.0482f2572f2c9bc3451942c2e37bd990.jpg

I've been clamoring for a moment where this would be appropriate...

siPbFRK.png

O-BOR-O!!!

I spent, like, 30 minutes on this pic.  30 minutes of pure quality assurance, with the Takumi seal of approval.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Welp, this was not a surprise...

Reveal hidden contents

WBQbyw3.jpg.b92ad0e5ffe233e0dabdb4b3433bdd61.jpg

Spoiler

Defnitely not surprised to see him not only become villainous to some degree, but also die.

What is at least a little surprising is to see the mother still alive in spite of this dude dying.  Though there's information about various different parts of the game, most of which are hard to place the chronology of.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

EDIT: Gharnef

Reveal hidden contents

59caf4260c835_.jpg.d11d6339ff85e775f5899b9f4d555b21.jpg

Damn, Gharnef looking extra spoopy.

Also...

Spoiler

Image result for zelda cdi what are all those heads

What are all those HEADS?

Not my favorite Archanean villain, but definitely still cool; prefer him over the grumpy dragon grandpa, if I may be blunt.  And now we've got the unholy (not using that word ironically) trinity of evil dark mages with Iago, Gharnef, and Validar.  I'd love to see them come together to either plot the demise of their foes or get into a Game of Thrones type of conflict over who gets to be the supreme dark pontifex of the ages.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

And now we've got the unholy (not using that word ironically) trinity of evil dark mages with Iago, Gharnef, and Validar.  I'd love to see them come together to either plot the demise of their foes or get into a Game of Thrones type of conflict over who gets to be the supreme dark pontifex of the ages.

"They won't be able to work together for long. They just end up killing each other or the heroes will do for them. The same will befall Nergal and Jedah and Izuka. But don't worry, I arranged it that way. All is going according to my plan. I talked to each of them behind their backs, and lo and behold, they take my advice. It will not be too long my master! Your holy blood hath perished, but a new body will soon be yours!"

"Veld, report to me, how is Manfroy progressing?"

"Very well, all is according to plan my True Master."

"Excellent. This world is a pitiful thing, in need of starting over. The black masters will gather so much dark power altogether, Manfroy will then steal and attempt to concentrate all this power into one form. But, it will fail, there is simply no way to stabilize it. I cannot let that dark power implode though, I need it to explode. But to make it explode, I need a force to hit it with, fortunately, in response to the efforts of the forces of darkness, the heroes of light are massing the holy power. Once they have amassed it, I will trick them into developing it into a weapon to smash Manfroy's creation, and then I will take control of it and combine it with my liege lady's power. Light and Dark, in concentrations the likes of which have never been fathomed before, will smash into each other, and the annihilation reaction shall purge this entire world of all pretenses of life, save for my Goddess and myself. Thus, we shall be able to start anew, and create a world free of suffering."