Why is the fire stone only available so late in Pokémon gold and silver?

DisobeyedCargo

Evolution stones are scarce in johto as a general rule. I assume it's to discourage evolving the Eevee Bill gives you into one of the original eeveelutions, so that you're more likely to use Umbreon or Espeon, but that's just a guess. Johto and Hoenn are notorious for holding evolution stones back, but Johto is worse for it.

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

Evolution stones are scarce in johto as a general rule. I assume it's to discourage evolving the Eevee Bill gives you into one of the original eeveelutions, so that you're more likely to use Umbreon or Espeon, but that's just a guess. Johto and Hoenn are notorious for holding evolution stones back, but Johto is worse for it.

Yeah, this is a bit of a problem, as I choose to raise a growlithe.

i know you can get one from mystery gift, but I'm pretty sure you need a second system for that. And I only have 1 3DS with gold/silver on it.

Pokémon Crystal offers alternative methods to obtaining Stones via rematch NPCs who randomly gift you them from time to time. Just another of the many perks Crystal has over the original Gold and Silver versions...

Just now, JHufself said:

Pokémon Crystal offers alternative methods to obtaining Stones via rematch NPCs who randomly gift you them from time to time. Just another of the many perks Crystal has over the original Gold and Silver versions...

Maybe I should have waited for crystal to release on the Eshop.

funny thing is I played crystal not too long ago.

On 27/09/2017 at 4:53 AM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Maybe I should have waited for crystal to release on the Eshop.

funny thing is I played crystal not too long ago.

Nintendo screwed us. :p

Umbreon and Espeon are rather good though, so it's not much of a problem in my opinion, but when you want to evolve another pokemon, (my personal case being Weepinbell), we're screwed.
Well, it's not like you need to evolve them, but still.

36 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Nintendo screwed us. :p

Umbreon and Espeon are rather good though, so it's not much of a problem in my opinion, but when you want to evolve another pokemon, (my personal case being Weepinbell), we're screwed.
Well, it's not like you need to evolve them, but still.

Well, in my case, it was a growlithe. Didn't get to evolve until kanto...

i already beat the game, so this topic is more or less useless. I'd lock it up/delete it, but I have not been blessed with Mod powers.

• 2 years later...