Fire Emblem Warriors - Spoiler Questions and Answers Thread

Anomalocaris

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Silent shifter said:

Is it true that you need to complete the game twice to unlock Anna? If yes, both on hard or above difficulty?

Thanks.

Sorta-yes. Each chapter has two Anna's Mementos. One is found on any difficulty, and can be found somewhere on the battlefield after 1000 KOs IIRC. The second one can only be found after beating the game, and only on Hard or Lunatic mode. The second one has some kind of challenge you need to do in order to get it, like defeating a certain enemy without letting a certain character fall below a certain HP threshold, or capturing and holding all keeps before triggering the final officer of the map (you are given a hint on the mission in the menu).

On 10/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, Silent shifter said:

Is it true that you need to complete the game twice to unlock Anna? If yes, both on hard or above difficulty?

Thanks.

To unlock Anna, finish any of the illustrations and beat the extra map unlocked with it. There are 5 illustrations and you only need to unlock 1, so for example, you can get the first extra map by getting the second of Anna's Mementos in chapters 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 12, and getting all 10 of Anna's Mementos in the first History Mode map, and you can get the extra map. These extra maps have level 80 enemies, and at that point you're way more than powerful enough to beat Story Mode's final chapter at Lunatic. Still, you aren't actually required to beat the later chapters again to get Anna, so the simple answer to your question is no.

2 hours ago, Lodestar65 said:

Is there a recommended time to promote?

From what I understand it makes no difference when you promote, it doesn't reset your level or change your growth rates.

The bigger question isn't when to promote but who to promote; you only get a few Master Seals during the story and have to get the rest from History Mode, so they'll be in limited supply for a while.

2 hours ago, Lodestar65 said:

Is there a recommended time to promote?

17 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

From what I understand it makes no difference when you promote, it doesn't reset your level or change your growth rates.

The bigger question isn't when to promote but who to promote; you only get a few Master Seals during the story and have to get the rest from History Mode, so they'll be in limited supply for a while.

The JP Twitter page has been throwing in tips here and there since the game's release and covered this for one of them, saying its recommended to promote as soon as possible. (at least thats what google translate says

otherwise, you're correct, nonetheless

Indeed! It's quite important to promote as it boosts the character stats a lot, it's quite useful for some chapters (as I have the game for the 3ds)

I already finished one map with ennemies at level 60 with my takumi level 40 so you know.. It just takes a lot of time to do this (arena mission hello) 

By being promoted, you don't die as easily as being not promoted, so when doing something underleveled it's not as worst. 

I'd say promote one of each weapons types first to have a large useful cast against every weapons ; then choosing characters you love the most. (my Rowan is very useful, he's like 83 here when other characters are 30-50 ; if only I knew earlier how to change characters... Ahaha) 

Edited by Metakirby

Indeed. I promoted Tiamo first and foremost and I don’t even like her. Just super useful. I’d suggest Sheeda because her musou attacks have faster animations lol. 

Camilla next and I do NOT like her either. Same reason as Tiamo.

Sakura over Takumi solely because of staff utility and Liz is beyond annoying to use.

Frederick is a good one to promote for defensive pair ups and to cover Camilla’s weakness to archers.

Rowan/Lian honestly don’t really need a promotion. Maybe if you find them too squishy. Further reasoning would produce some minor spoilers.

Marth, Chrom, or Lucina. Any falchion user because manaketes are tanky af and are a pain otherwise. Tiki is useless imo.

i don’t like how any of the tome users play. Edge-lord Leo, vanilla Reflet, loli-Elise.. pick your poison. I go with Elise for more staff utility.

i promoted lyn cause of fan service. I think I covered every type with some extra seals to spare by the time you get to endgame right?

Edited by Rayhaku808
Forgot tome users!

2 hours ago, Rayhaku808 said:

Indeed. I promoted Tiamo first and foremost and I don’t even like her. Just super useful. I’d suggest Sheeda because her musou attacks have faster animations lol. 

Camilla next and I do NOT like her either. Same reason as Tiamo.

Sakura over Takumi solely because of staff utility and Liz is beyond annoying to use.

Frederick is a good one to promote for defensive pair ups and to cover Camilla’s weakness to archers.

Rowan/Lian honestly don’t really need a promotion. Maybe if you find them too squishy. Further reasoning would produce some minor spoilers.

Marth, Chrom, or Lucina. Any falchion user because manaketes are tanky af and are a pain otherwise. Tiki is useless imo.

i don’t like how any of the tome users play. Edge-lord Leo, vanilla Reflet, loli-Elise.. pick your poison. I go with Elise for more staff utility.

i promoted lyn cause of fan service. I think I covered every type with some extra seals to spare by the time you get to endgame right?

Re: Tome users:
The only thing I don't like about them is that they make things too easy. lol Universal heavy stunner ftw.

Re: Tiki:
Tiki's actually one of the better units (in player hands). She does, however, have a bit of a slow start, requiring 1.5 musou bars before she can do anything. Once she gets them, she can burn them for 50% awakening which is enough for dragon form. From there, so long as there are enemies to dragonstomp and build musou off of, she can maintain dragon from indefinitely.

Sadly, she can't use dragon form in the AI's hands, so she's really ineffective when not personally controlled. >.>

8 hours ago, Lodestar65 said:

Another promotion question: Are Master Seals in the harder parts of History mode or the easier parts?

they're in all history mode maps though the missions are usually a little higher level than normal in that map and are S rank rewards

On 10/16/2017 at 7:58 AM, Technoweirdo said:

Re: Tome users:
The only thing I don't like about them is that they make things too easy. lol Universal heavy stunner ftw.

Re: Tiki:
Tiki's actually one of the better units (in player hands). She does, however, have a bit of a slow start, requiring 1.5 musou bars before she can do anything. Once she gets them, she can burn them for 50% awakening which is enough for dragon form. From there, so long as there are enemies to dragonstomp and build musou off of, she can maintain dragon from indefinitely.

Sadly, she can't use dragon form in the AI's hands, so she's really ineffective when not personally controlled. >.>

Wow, Tiki can maintain her dragon form. Sweet. Thats awesome.

I for one really like how the tome users movesets look. I'm going to use Leo because team Nohr forever. I'll probably go with Lianna, Chrom, Leo, Camilla. For story mode.

Edited by wissenschaft

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

When would you recommend players dive into History Mode? Should they wait until after completing Story Mode?

No need to wait to complete story mode. The first history map has low level requirements. So I'd suggest using the characters your not using in story mode so you spread the XP around. Also, once you complete a history map, more missions appear and theres still the challenge of S ranking maps which gets you rewards like the promotion item.

Edited by wissenschaft

On 10/14/2017 at 1:52 AM, Anomalocaris said:

Does Classic Mode provide any sort of reward or practical benefit over Casual Mode, like better money, an achievement, or even just a little star on your save file or something?

I don't think so. I know hard mode gives 1.5X multiplier to the gold you earn so I suspect other rewards might increase at higher difficulties.

4 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

Anyone got some advice for Chapter 12? I really seem to have hit a brick wall with this one. :/

Spoiler

I recommend getting your four units to pair up so that they're easier to manage. The only way to open gates to progress in this map is to take forts. After a while, the real enemy reveals them self, and bringing him to half HP will get berserk Ryoma and Xander off your back so that you can play the rest of the map in peace. Xander and Ryoma follow behind you or your allies pretty closely, so just keep telling them to take the forts that you take so that they stay on the move.

Edited by Glennstavos

9 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Usually the threshold is 2000 kills. Check the pause screen, it should show the rank thresholds provided you aren't highlighting a character.

That’s really difficult to do. I barely got to 1600 in the 7 minute time limit.