The current roster (Spoilers!)

Denomon

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

From what I've seen. She's a trickster/adventurer and a ballistician.

And there's so little gold for so many Annas

Actually, just think of the endless waves of mooks you kill in this game as 1 gold coin each. Theres a reason Anna is supporting our team. Anna of the massacre. lol

27 minutes ago, Folt said:

Huh... apparently, the dialogue was datamined, and

Hide contents

There's lines directed at and from Owain, Niles, Oboro, and Navarre that would only really work if they're the player's selected character.

Interesting...

What could this mean? 

(meanwhile inside my head) 

Please let Owain be playable. Please let Owain be playable! PLEASE LET OWAIN BE PLAYABLE! I DON’T CARE HOW! JUST PLEASE LET HIM BE PLAYABLE!!! 

(I apologize for my Owain fanboyism...)

Alright, so... say Owain isn't playable in the end. What do you guys think about the possibility that Lyn (and maybe by extension, Celica) might've taken his place? By that, I don't mean she took his moveset, but the development time.  He seems to be featured relatively heavily in the story, despite being a lesser priority character. What if, since we know IS and Nintendo are concerned with character popularity (see: Lucina), they asked for Lyn to be added (since they already said they were surprised by her worldwide popularity post Choose Your Legends) and that took away from the time to finish some stuff up, such as Owain's moveset? Kind of similar to a Sonic in Brawl situation, where we know he caused some characters to be cut. I wouldn't be surprised.

15 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Alright, so... say Owain isn't playable in the end. What do you guys think about the possibility that Lyn (and maybe by extension, Celica) might've taken his place? By that, I don't mean she took his moveset, but the development time.  He seems to be featured relatively heavily in the story, despite being a lesser priority character. What if, since we know IS and Nintendo are concerned with character popularity (see: Lucina), they asked for Lyn to be added (since they already said they were surprised by her worldwide popularity post Choose Your Legends) and that took away from the time to finish some stuff up, such as Owain's moveset? Kind of similar to a Sonic in Brawl situation, where we know he caused some characters to be cut. I wouldn't be surprised.

I think that's a pretty good assumption to make. Lyn and Celica's inclusion does seem to be very last-hour, and normally it wouldn't make sense for ally characters featured in the campaign not being playable while two extra characters are.

If this were the case, though, I'd be glad it happened.

24 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Certain possible. Right now the NPCs are in the same spot as the villain trio in Hyrule, where several things are done but they aren't complete yet if the datamine is to be believed. 

3 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Certain possible. Right now the NPCs are in the same spot as the villain trio in Hyrule, where several things are done but they aren't complete yet if the datamine is to be believed. 

To be honest, I'll bet they just ran out of time. I just looked at the datamine too, it looks like all the different text for each character also exists for Owain, Oboro, Niles, Navarre and also Darios that exists for playable characters.  I won't be surprised if they're added in a patch a month or so down the line, splitting the time between base game release and DLC release nicely to keep fans playing.

Haha, I love this line in the script:

Victory is mine, Odin. I mean...Owain.

Not sure who says it, but it's a battle callout. Probably Niles or Leo.

Edited by dmurr

7 hours ago, Folt said:

Huh... apparently, the dialogue was datamined, and

Hide contents

There's lines directed at and from Owain, Niles, Oboro, and Navarre that would only really work if they're the player's selected character.

Oh plz, make Oboro playable!!! Like... the lack of none mounted lancers is ... a big hit for me!!  I love the class thanks to how good Nephenee was on my PoR file

Plz be playable, be playable be playable. Plz KOEI let me play with her

8 hours ago, dmurr said:

To be honest, I'll bet they just ran out of time. I just looked at the datamine too, it looks like all the different text for each character also exists for Owain, Oboro, Niles, Navarre and also Darios that exists for playable characters.  I won't be surprised if they're added in a patch a month or so down the line, splitting the time between base game release and DLC release nicely to keep fans playing.

Why'd they insist on releasing when they did when they still had characters they hadn't yet finished? Knowing they probably finish them for free (unless they're evil and make them DLC) is good, but how would things have been hurt if the game had been delayed a ~month? This isn't a game with a delayx10000 history. The release would be a little closer to the holidays, but certainly nowhere near past that prime buying season, so what difference would that make in sales?

And still nothing on Armor and Lance Cav.? Well, you only did half right KT. And mind you of the five chars that might be free fixed, 3 will be swords. KT, you'll still have that WT diversity statement against you.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why'd they insist on releasing when they did when they still had characters they hadn't yet finished? Knowing they probably finish them for free (unless they're evil and make them DLC) is good, but how would things have been hurt if the game had been delayed a ~month? This isn't a game with a delayx10000 history. The release would be a little closer to the holidays, but certainly nowhere near past that prime buying season, so what difference would that make in sales?

And still nothing on Armor and Lance Cav.? Well, you only did half right KT. And mind you of the five chars that might be free fixed, 3 will be swords. KT, you'll still have that WT diversity statement against you.

yeah it really makes me wonder about the DLC characters. because despite saying they didn't want a ton of sword characters. there still is a TON of sword characters, and no armor knights? wtf i was half expecting like a draug or a barthe or some crap lmao

I found a video with a lot of promotions

Spoiler

Notice that is missing Xander, Ryoma, Tiki, Corrin, Anna, Lyn and Celica (did I forget someone?).

Also I found a Lucina gameplay with her wedding dress

Spoiler

Edited by Timeman

8 minutes ago, Timeman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Notice that is missing Xander, Ryoma, Tiki, Corrin, Anna, Lyn and Celica (did I forget someone?).

Marth & Caeda were also not shown

17 minutes ago, Timeman said:

Hide contents

Yeah the person who uploaded that was only at Ch. 12 at the time so they didn't have Ryoma, Xander etc recruited at the time.

Game developers typically don't have a negotiable release date. After a certain point a publisher locks in a release date and it rare when they allow any extensions. This may seem like the publisher screwing up games (and sometimes thats what happens) but if you know anything about software development, you have to have a set deadline or these projects might never end (infamous duke nukem forever as an example).

Lyn and Celcia were most certainly added in last on recommendation from IS (fanservice). I doubt they were force in, Koei was the one that asked in the first place. Mostly likely they wanted to know who would be the best bonus characters to include.

Also, Bridal Lucina looks like just a skin that has no effect on her gameplay.

Edited by wissenschaft

Well...owain...will be always ODIN DARK for me...he said it himself its cooler xD

Buuut...i only hyped for that game since the first announcement because i "KNEW" my Knight in Lustering Black Armor will be in the Roster...and for Ike...I thought to be in Smash and an Amiibo Confirmed him automatically...RIP Tellius...I Swear...how thinks look he isn't even DLC...but he could still make an awesome appearance like in SSBB..."GREAT ATHIR"...just like that 0-0

On 9/28/2017 at 11:38 PM, SniperGYS said:

Oh plz, make Oboro playable!!! Like... the lack of none mounted lancers is ... a big hit for me!!  I love the class thanks to how good Nephenee was on my PoR file

Plz be playable, be playable be playable. Plz KOEI let me play with her

OMG...Nephenee would be so awesome...but I would be Satisfied with Lucas too, i think they are both pretty much alike from character, and i like both in  the same way.

EDIT: I meant LuKas from Fe echoes...not Lucas; PK FIRE!

Its kinda funny they added tiki in young...just so we can play as a loli

Edited by Kataya

5 minutes ago, Kataya said:

OMG...Nephenee would be so awesome...but I would be Satisfied with Lucas too, i think they are both pretty much alike from character, and i like both in  the same way

Let's wish for a "Lancer dlc" : bringin us Oboro, Nephenee, Lukas, Forsyth, Donny and Aran

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Let's wish for a "Lancer dlc" : bringin us Oboro, Nephenee, Lukas, Forsyth, Donny and Aran

They already leaked the Japanese announcement regarding dlc...so all DLC will be focused on the three games...sooo good likely hood there will be no Tellius and so on. But maybe Skins...since only the main chars with unique skills like athir have a unique moveset...like the stunt ike does when aethir triggers or the barrel roll from lucina/chrom in the cutscene.

1 hour ago, Kataya said:

They already leaked the Japanese announcement regarding dlc...so all DLC will be focused on the three games...sooo good likely hood there will be no Tellius and so on. But maybe Skins...since only the main chars with unique skills like athir have a unique moveset...like the stunt ike does when aethir triggers or the barrel roll from lucina/chrom in the cutscene.

Not leaked; they actually announced the DLC, both in Japan and in the West.  They also blatantly hinted at Azura being one of them.

And they announced that they'll take requests for future DLC, so if you want some Tellius rep, send them your feedback (or just take part in the poll on the forums).