The current roster (Spoilers!)

Denomon

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

An alternate reality that is probably better than ours.

I'm damn near ready to toss money at this game simply for not having Tharja or Gaius like people speculated.

Well thats different, someone willing to buy the game based on the absence of characters.

10 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Ganondorf with Agitha's moveset was also quite fun to watch.

That is possible? I know that the weapon swap glitch involved characters with multiple weapons, so I guess this became a reality after Ganondorf got his fire-batless Trident?

10 hours ago, Iridium said:

I learned today that Iago apparently does actually have fans. Presumably we're dealing with some of the people responsible for him being a more popular character (according to CYL) than Tethys, Ashnard, and Est. And both Validar and Gharnef, for that matter! and my waifu nimue but that goes without saying

Choose Your Losers more like it. I don't totally mean that, though I don't care for it when the CYL results are brought up all the time. It was one poll of ephemeral popular opinion. And more to the point, Ashnard, for all his illogic in letting the Ike and co. get to Crimea (which isn't totally illogical since it lets the chaos grow and medallion break is what he wants) and for his lack of personal connection with the heroes, he does not deserve to be below Iago. I blame the newness of Fates and obscurity of the Tellius games on this result.

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But wow, it looks like the villains really will be the worst case scenario. We always knew these three games don't have any good villains but its like they didn't even try.

Did they try at all? Did we ask for too much? Were they internally divided? Were their resources limited? Could we have gotten a better game and pre-release PR? Yes to all of these questions. 

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm not gonna justify their decisions, but I'd imagine the reason they chose three sorcerers was because they wanted all the villains to be responsible for the ultimate big bad or help him gain power or something to that effect, and since it's typically dark mages who are responsible for raising the dragon from the dead/slumber, they figured that those villains were the best options for that.  That, and I guess it was thematic or something.  I won't pretend to know their intentions, but I assume these might be their reasons.

Thematics, like having the whole Nohrian Hoshidan families, interfered again, and in this case it hit gameplay variety too.

Garon is a puppet for big bad Mr. I in Fates. Walhart could be justified as "I have the same goals as the so-called heroes, but I'm going my own way and if the heroes get in the way, I'll strike them down." Warriors Orochi 3 could justify having Susano-o, a clear good guy, continually fighting the heroes, Walhart could be the same.

13 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There isn't an Armor Knight and no Lance Cavalry?

I guess we need to give the Japanese more time, but it is disappointing if they don't show up at all in the Story Mode it seems. Hyrule Warriors guaranteed that all of its non-DLC PCs were involved in the plot to some measure. Dynasty and Samurai games also try to give everyone at least one little appearance in the story, even if they are never the central star of it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well thats different, someone willing to buy the game based on the absence of characters.

I really dislike those two. They actually would be deal breakers. They were the two I was dreading when it was announced that the focus would be mostly on SD, Awakening and Fates.

As much as I'm not a fan of either Fates' or Awakening's casts, and as much as the focus those two games bothered me when they started announcing the roster, they picked characters who I mostly tolerate. Camilla and Takumi teeter on the edge of being deal breakers, but pretty much everyone else I either like, or consider pretty inoffensive.

Basically, while I'm not super jazzed about Warriors' roster, I'm at least jazzed that it's not as bad as I think it could have been.

Edited by Slumber

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

So I saw that Marth can promote; is that the first time ever, or does he do that in New Mystery too? Does this mean Tiki will get a promotion? Huh, what do you do with that, add more ribbons?

It's the first time Marth has ever had a promotion.

Just now, Jedi said:

It's the first time Marth has ever had a promotion.

That's pretty awesome, honestly. We might get our first ever Manakete promotions, too. 

Of course, his low stats are nothing abusing the secret shops in FE1 can't fix!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess we need to give the Japanese more time, but it is disappointing if they don't show up at all in the Story Mode it seems. Hyrule Warriors guaranteed that all of its non-DLC PCs were involved in the plot to some measure. Dynasty and Samurai games also try to give everyone at least one little appearance in the story, even if they are never the central star of it.

Seeing the stream, even the enemy cavalier and paladins only use swords.

There are enemy Armor Knights.

11 minutes ago, flare9 said:

So once you unlock. F robin/m corrin / anna /celica and lyn in history mode you can use them in story mode?

That's Free Mode. It's where you get to play story maps with every character (and any combination) you've unlocked so far. Story Mode still restricts you.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

Seeing the stream, even the enemy cavalier and paladins only use swords.

Really? Really now. KT, you couldn't give Cavs lances? They've been using them constantly since... only FE1. This ain't no weapon-pairing-of-the-month thing like what Generals get. Tellius you say? Oh please! That was the exception, and even then we had 3 Lance Knights and Petrine too, more than any other weapon type! This is just insultingly lazy! No wonder Camus was never shown! He never had a chance! Oh, wait, I get it, KT has zero experience in making polearms work on horseback. Nope, Frederick is in this game and Lu Bu has been axing on Red Hare's backside since forever!

Seriously KT? How could you not get such a basic aspect of FE down? Just what was going on behind the scenes? Good Gotoh let Camus be DLC and fix this travesty. And it isn't like we've seen Hardin yet either, despite the fact he is implied to be a Sword Cav canonically since someone gives a Silver Sword to Marth to hand to Hardin in FE1. Xander is our only Sword Cav, Frederick our only Axe Cav, Camilla our only Wyvern. Not even clones exist so far.

All of these promoted costumes look great! I'm really interested to see how Marth and Caeda look now. Especially Marth: I need to know if they went with his New Mystery design for his promotion.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

All of these promoted costumes look great! I'm really interested to see how Marth and Caeda look now. Especially Marth: I need to know if they went with his New Mystery design for his promotion.

From what I've seen, no. He has golden armor pieces. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

From what I've seen, no. He has golden armor pieces. 

Aw, that's a shame. Sounds like he got a similar treatment as Tiki did, then. I'll still be excited to see it myself, just slightly less so now.

5 hours ago, Thane said:

That's pretty awesome, honestly. We might get our first ever Manakete promotions, too. 

Of course, his low stats are nothing abusing the secret shops in FE1 can't fix!

Marth is actually broken in both FE1 and FE3 haha

1 minute ago, Luankachu said:

Just found this. It's a compilation of most of the promotion outfits found so far (though for some reason they used Elise's Cipher card instead of a screenshot of her in-game.)

Holy shit, promoted units or those that don't promote look so badass! 

1 minute ago, Luankachu said:

Just found this. It's a compilation of most of the promotion outfits found so far (though for some reason they used Elise's Cipher card instead of a screenshot of her in-game.)

That is weird they use Elise's card art, I guess they just couldn't find a good image of it. Also Ryoma and Celica are missing. I get Celica since you have to beat the game and then go through her History Mode map but I'm surprised no one has promoted Ryoma or at least shared what he looks like (Though I imagine it is like his Cipher art where he is King of Hoshido like Xander got).

1 minute ago, Azz said:

That is weird they use Elise's card art, I guess they just couldn't find a good image of it. Also Ryoma and Celica are missing. I get Celica since you have to beat the game and then go through her History Mode map but I'm surprised no one has promoted Ryoma or at least shared what he looks like (Though I imagine it is like his Cipher art where he is King of Hoshido like Xander got).

I think the album is still being updated. I first found it when I didn't have access to a computer and they didn't have pictures of half of the characters in there yet.

18 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Do M and F both get one? (Not looking at pics) 

ugh when do we know if Navarre and then are playable or not?

I haven't been keeping up with the streams but it sounds like people have been clearing out History mode? I feel if they were unlockable surely they'd have been found by now.

I know Anna hasn't been found either, but I suspect she's like...the final unlockable.

Anna, female Robin, and male Robin are all confirmed playable and none of them have been unlocked yet afaik.

There's still a good chance that Owain, Oboro, Niles, and Navarre are unlockable as well. Just because they haven't been unlocked yet doesn't mean they aren't unlockable- the three characters I mentioned again are proof.