The current roster (Spoilers!)

Denomon

Remember that some characters in Hyrule Warriors were not playable at release (Volga, Cia, and Wizzro). It is possible we may receive free DLC to make these unique NPCs playable. Alternatively, they may be packaged in with their respective paid DLC, although that would suck it this was the case...

As for Anna, I have a feeling her unlock method is probably through the Anna Memories thing (think the Skulltulas from Hyrule Warriors).

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Denomon3144 said:

Anna, female Robin, and male Robin are all confirmed playable and none of them have been unlocked yet afaik.

There's still a good chance that Owain, Oboro, Niles, and Navarre are unlockable as well. Just because they haven't been unlocked yet doesn't mean they aren't unlockable- the three characters I mentioned again are proof.

They did say some characters would appear in the story but wouldn't be playable. I have a feeling Owain, Oboro, Niles, and Navarre are those.

6 hours ago, Thane said:

Of course, his low stats are nothing abusing the secret shops in FE1 can't fix!

Or the star orbs in FE 3 Book 2, though I will agree with Jedi in that Marth's actually pretty good, especially in FE1 where a lot of classes couldn't actually promote and most other units weren't all that great anyway.

On that note, wow, I can't believe I now get to see Marth receive an actual promotion.  I half expected Marth's promotion to just be his New Mystery/Book 2 design.  It's still no pantsless Marth, though.

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

They did say some characters would appear in the story but wouldn't be playable. I have a feeling Owain, Oboro, Niles, and Navarre are those.

Or maybe they were referring to characters like Darius or Yelena (and maybe the villains as well), though I don't remember exactly what they said in that regard or whether or not it was a dubious translation.

Though only time will tell, I suppose.  I myself would most certainly prefer if they were actually playable, and even if they aren't, I don't see a reason to keep them unplayable for the duration of this game's life, especially considering that they're fan favorites.

21 minutes ago, Sire said:

Alternatively, they may be packaged in with their respective paid DLC, although that would suck it this was the case...

I agree, that would be crappy.

That's literally just them locking out content pretty much already on the game's disc and making you pay them to unlock it for you.

Its funny that Hyrule Warriors has more Lance wielders then Fire Emblem Warriors!

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Really? Really now. KT, you couldn't give Cavs lances? They've been using them constantly since... only FE1. This ain't no weapon-pairing-of-the-month thing like what Generals get. Tellius you say? Oh please! That was the exception, and even then we had 3 Lance Knights and Petrine too, more than any other weapon type! This is just insultingly lazy! No wonder Camus was never shown! He never had a chance! Oh, wait, I get it, KT has zero experience in making polearms work on horseback. Nope, Frederick is in this game and Lu Bu has been axing on Red Hare's backside since forever!

Seriously KT? How could you not get such a basic aspect of FE down? Just what was going on behind the scenes? Good Gotoh let Camus be DLC and fix this travesty. And it isn't like we've seen Hardin yet either, despite the fact he is implied to be a Sword Cav canonically since someone gives a Silver Sword to Marth to hand to Hardin in FE1. Xander is our only Sword Cav, Frederick our only Axe Cav, Camilla our only Wyvern. Not even clones exist so far.

Even counting Tokyo Illusory FE and Berwick Saga, Fire Emblem warriors is the first game in whole franchise not to have horse mounted Lancers. It feels super weird. 

Ma_3ds_cavalier_playable.gifMa_3ds_paladin_playable.gif

Especially as they use Awakening sprites.

As for Hardin, I think the implication back then was he was skilled with everything. He did start with a steel Lance.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not only that, but the lancers we DO have are composed mostly of fliers. :/

The ONLY playable lance users are Pegasus Knights with clone movesets.

Among the enemy officers/mini bosses there are the following Lance class sets exclusive to them. The Awakening sprites are the same ones used on the map.

Ma_3ds_knight_enemy.gifMa_3ds_general_enemy.gif

Knight and General 

Ma_3ds_soldier_enemy.gif

Soldier and some sort of Halberdier with a custom sprite. I think Oboro uses the same moveset.

As mentioned above, the Cavalier and Paladin enemy map sprites have them clearly brandishing Lances despite all of them being Xander moveset clones and thus only using Swords.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

The ONLY playable lance users are Pegasus Knights with clone movesets.

Among the enemy officers/mini bosses there are the following Lance class sets exclusive to them. The Awakening sprites are the same ones used on the map.

Ma_3ds_knight_enemy.gifMa_3ds_general_enemy.gif

Knight and General 

Ma_3ds_soldier_enemy.gif

Soldier and some sort of Halberdier.

As mentioned above, the cavalry enemy map sprites have them use Lances all of them being Xander clones and thus only using Swords.

They really screwed this up by not including Azura here. She would have been the perfect lancer to use as a ground user really. 

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

This is also the first FE game not to have Armor Knight or its weapon variants playable!

KT selectively listened to the fanbase and heard how terrible Armor Knights were. So rather than fix them, they decided to throw out the irreparable class altogether for the player. Aren't we happy now?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

KT selectively listened to the fanbase and heard how terrible Armor Knights were. So rather than fix them, they decided to throw out the irreparable class altogether for the player. Aren't we happy now?

Even Berwick saga included a Joke character Armor Knight and an Armored unit substitute.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

They couldn't even bother with a Cavalier lance user as a playable character? 

No wonder why they don't why have Camus, they were too lazy to make "Guy on horse with Spear."

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Even Berwick saga included a Joke character Armor Knight and an Armored unit substitute.

No wonder why they don't why have Camus, they were too lazy to make "Guy on horse with Spear."

Or even the original Jagen? Like why? 

11 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Wasnt there also this thing against characters with prf/regalia weapons? Or was it just the weapons themselves?

Edited by Motendra

Because we totally needed more clone sword masters..

I wonder how much this roster was Koei's decision alone and how much was bad advice from Nintendo?

Who knows. But making Celica as a sword user was even worse. Could have gone with mage. Hell, her ultimate attack is a magic attack.

13 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I wonder how much this roster was Koei's decision alone and how much was bad advice from Nintendo?

Yet how could Nintendo/IS give bad advice? How did they not see the roster being complied? How did longtime workers on FE not point out the flaws?

It's hard to believe Koei would by itself come up with such a bad roster if they worked on it from a largely what seems best for FE-Musou gameplay blend perspective. If Koei was operating wholly based on what it thought was popular, and a limited, hastily assembled understanding of what FE is, then I could see this roster coming together. The absence of Tharja and Gaius seem to contradict the idea they were operating wholly on popularity, as does the inclusion of Hinoka, but on the contrary, it does support the idea they had an imperfect idea of popularity.

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Wasnt there also this thing against characters with prf weapons?

For FEW? Well Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Celica, Xander, Ryoma, and Corrin has a prf weapon and so does Leo and Takumi and Caeda and Tiki too since she's the only Dragonstone user so far. That's a sizable proportion of the roster.

Japanese players, gut this game as fast as a master sushi chef can filet a fish. We're hoping there are untapped depths just waiting to be revealed, but we're so wary given what has been shown so far. End the uncertainty and let us move on until the DLC releases!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Evidently she needed to be a Marth clone, even though Robin's moveset exists and she's used Tomes in Heroes.

Yeah, her movesets were like Marth's, weren't they? But yeah, it'd have been much better received if she was the mage user, since we don't have that many mages already.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet how could Nintendo/IS give bad advice? How did they not see the roster being complied? How did longtime workers on FE not point out the flaws?

It's hard to believe Koei would by itself come up with such a bad roster if they worked on it from a largely what seems best for FE-Musou gameplay blend perspective. If Koei was operating wholly based on what it thought was popular, and a limited, hastily assembled understanding of what FE is, then I could see this roster coming together. The absence of Tharja and Gaius seem to contradict the idea they were operating wholly on popularity, as does the inclusion of Hinoka, but on the contrary, it does support the idea they had an imperfect idea of popularity.

But they went with a pretty safe/predictable roster? I mean, they took the most obvious choices of all the games and included Lyn, Celica and Anna as extras. Lyn because of her popularity (idk, these are assumptions), Celica because she's from the most recent title and Anna because Anna is Anna.

What is at fault here, imo, is the lack of class diversity where they left basic classes like Knights and Cavaliers out (cavaliers being lance cavs). Also, there's no soldier, fighter, thief, mage nor dark mage.

Edited by Quintessence

Evidently she needed to be a Marth clone, even though Robin's moveset exists and she's used Tomes in Heroes.

Thing is, given how simplified Heroes is, giving her a tome was more a necessity for putting her in the game at all. In Echoes, while she does use both, she mainly fights with the sword so as to not expend energy due to its very nature. As disdainfully it is, I couldn't pick a better way for her to be, other than perhaps switching all of her C1-6 to spells so she's not a clone. Otherwise, cloning her from Marth is actually quite accurate

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For FEW? Well every Lord has a prf weapon and so does Leo and Takumi and Caeda and Tiki too since she's the only Dragonstone user so far. That's a sizable proportion of the roster.

I'm almost certain it was at least mentioned in one of the interviews that I can't pick out at them immediate moment. What it actually pertains to, i dont recall, however...

A few thoughts:

bride Lucina is gorgeous and has such a cute dresssss

more improtantly;

anna confirmed at last? Hehe her skills reference that Ballista class (who actually looked like decently designed in Fates)

And all anna sisters  that made me giggle~

hope the rest of NPC crew gets to be playable someday soon (and not locked behind paywalls)