FEW Support Compilation

Corbin

35 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno. I like to think of it like this. If the support is the same, but not actually in the story, then having the same conversation can just be seen as a "What if" where F!Robin was there instead of M!Robin. Same situation with Corrin. But since they aren't part of the actual story, canon-wise for the game, they weren't the ones there.

Fair enough. I don't really plan to use either of the alts anyways.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

That just shows Nintendo's approach to localization/translation and is not an objective judgement over what makes a good translation or not. We also don't know if it was the main writer's look at the script and approved it. We have no way of knowing their company policy at all. They certainly didn't look Fates over, or they would have realized that Kouga is called both a country and a village in the same sentence at one point. Or that Mozume is referred to as both Hoshidan and Nohrian (menu description and roster respectively).

It's fine if you don't care about small details and stuff being changed. For me, the devil is in the detail, and that's how I was taught to do it. You always need to change something, especially when it's supposed to be voiced later and translations are never 1:1 (Which, as a translator, I understand well, thank you very much.). But any change has to have some justification to it. Did anyone here honestly scratch their head at the flower hair tie and go "What a uniquely Japanese concept. As someone from western society, I simply do not get it at all."? This isn't a random line of dialogue that would have sounded stilted if translated 100% accurate. This is a detail that had no reason to be changed, besides someones personal opinion on humor. Which I would always be very careful with.

This wasn't even such a big gripe for me. I only brought it up in response to someone shouting at me for daring to criticize Treehouse. Again, feel free to be content with Treehouse's translations, but don't try and tell me how I am supposed to think about them. 

Let me clear a few things up.

Yes, there is no objective right or wrong when it comes to translations. I also did not say you couldn't dislike Treehouse's localisation. Merely that I think you're starting to go overboard, especially with the examples you provided. Like I said, if you had cited really flippant and bizarre changes or omissions, I could totally understand. But you are basically saying the localisations aren't doing their jobs properly (by saying they are "unprofessional") because of minor changes--that while important in their right--they have every right to change, if they feel like it.

This is a detail that had no reason to be changed, besides someones personal opinion on humor. Which I would always be very careful with.

You just said there's no objective right or wrong, but you are contradicting yourself and making assumptions based on how you operate. I know you are a translator and have your standards, but it's entirely possible the people on the localisation team have their own thought processes and standards. Yes, they could have left in the flower tie and nobody would've batted an eyelid. On the other hand, it's not like they totally butchered it; they at least replaced it with something plausible. As I'm sure somebody else suggested, most likely they wanted to play up Lissa's playful side and emphasise the gag.

Evidently you don't agree with the thought process--and that is A-OK in my book--but when you start saying, it shouldn't have been changed, basically "I'M RIGHT!" it irks me to no end. And I am a fan translator as well. Sometimes I think you need to keep a more open mind. I love my New Mystery of the Emblem translation, but I wouldn't go knocking on NOA's doors and telling them they're wrong for changing Maris to Malice, purposely leaving out a reference, etc. I would just be like "oh, they did it different. Cool, I guess."

These are all suggestions, you don't have to accept them.

Look, I care about the small details as well (Radiant Dawn omitted so many neat details that it's legitimately scary), but I'm not going to raise a pitchfork because they've been changed. These things are nice to know, but presumably the localisers didn't think they were important enough to keep (and for some instances, there may have been space issues). For 99% of people, this appears to be true, since I've never found anybody who's mentioned these changes.

Also, the people on the localisation team are human as well, so mistakes are bound to slip in on occasions. I honestly wouldn't use that as an argument to highlight how unprofessional they are. The rest I won't argue about, because that goes into a deep rabbit hole of creative vision and whatnot. At the end of the day, we've had some writers look at English translated versions of their works and have actually been surprised in a good way. Even if the original writers weren't given the final product to look through (which can be impossible if they don't understand English), who's to say they're not fine with it? Either way, we're both making assumptions here.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I am most certainly NOT the Treehouse defence force, but I feel like somebody has to step up for them every now and then. Otherwise we'll always get people IMHO needlessly hating on them. (--And for the record, I am also not saying they haven't done things that warrant hate.)

Back to the main topic on hand, I'll try and work on cleaning up Celica (minus her Lyn conversation, I think?), unless somebody else has already volunteered?

Edited by VincentASM

7 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

everyone can have a support level with everyone. it's just only some pairs have an actual convo. that's why i've been using the word convo than support. Sakura and leo can have Rank A support yes but they do not have a convo when reaching A.

How tragic... best pairing got shafted again.

43 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Let me clear a few things up.

Yes, there is no objective right or wrong when it comes to translations. I also did not say you couldn't dislike Treehouse's localisation. Merely that I think you're starting to go overboard, especially with the examples you provided. Like I said, if you had cited really flippant and bizarre changes or omissions, I could totally understand. But you are basically saying the localisations aren't doing their jobs properly (by saying they are "unprofessional") because of minor changes--that while important in their right--they have every right to change, if they feel like it.

You just said there's no objective right or wrong, but you are contradicting yourself and making assumptions based on how you operate. I know you are a translator and have your standards, but it's entirely possible the people on the localisation team have their own thought processes and standards. Yes, they could have left in the flower tie and nobody would've batted an eyelid. On the other hand, it's not like they totally butchered it; they at least replaced it with something plausible. As I'm sure somebody else suggested, most likely they wanted to play up Lissa's playful side and emphasise the gag.

Evidently you don't agree with the thought process--and that is A-OK in my book--but when you start saying, it shouldn't have been changed, basically "I'M RIGHT!" it irks me to no end. And I am a fan translator as well. Sometimes I think you need to keep a more open mind. I love my New Mystery of the Emblem translation, but I wouldn't go knocking on NOA's doors and telling them they're wrong for changing Maris to Malice, purposely leaving out a reference, etc. I would just be like "oh, they did it different. Cool, I guess."

These are all suggestions, you don't have to accept them.

Look, I care about the small details as well (Radiant Dawn omitted so many neat details that it's legitimately scary), but I'm not going to raise a pitchfork because they've been changed. These things are nice to know, but presumably the localisers didn't think they were important enough to keep (and for some instances, there may have been space issues). For 99% of people, this appears to be true, since I've never found anybody who's mentioned these changes.

Also, the people on the localisation team are human as well, so mistakes are bound to slip in on occasions. I honestly wouldn't use that as an argument to highlight how unprofessional they are. The rest I won't argue about, because that goes into a deep rabbit hole of creative vision and whatnot. At the end of the day, we've had some writers look at English translated versions of their works and have actually been surprised in a good way. Even if the original writers weren't given the final product to look through (which can be impossible if they don't understand English), who's to say they're not fine with it? Either way, we're both making assumptions here.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I am most certainly NOT the Treehouse defence force, but I feel like somebody has to step up for them every now and then. Otherwise we'll always get people IMHO needlessly hating on them. (--And for the record, I am also not saying they haven't done things that warrant hate.)

Back to the main topic on hand, I'll try and work on cleaning up Celica (minus her Lyn conversation, I think?), unless somebody else has already volunteered?

Look I apologize for coming across so harshly. I did not mean to imply that everything Treehouse does is utter garbage. Most of their translations work well for what they were intended to get across. I guess after a year of doing nothing but comparing Fates' original script with Treehouse translations even tiny differences can make set me off. It's just that this tiny detail seemed so weird to change, that I started questioning why. I don't know if this is a language perception thing (English isn't my first language) but while the flower thing just seemed like an innocent little prank, the "Jerk" stitching felt actively mean spirited. It's something you expect from a bully, which I know wasn't the intention at all, but that's how it came across to me. Especially in the context of Takumi's divisive reputation in the fandom. Seeing most people's reactions, I can tell that isn't how it comes across to others, so it was probably just me here.

The thing is as small as details like these are, they can often change people's perceptions of the characters and stories. Not that it would be the case for this one in particular, but it does happen. This is why I am particularly strict with sticking closely to the original message. I never meant to say that my translations are somehow innately better than Treehouses', I am sure their's are far easier to voice for one, since making the dialogue sound fluid is something they do excell at admittedly. I just feel that the cost of it is often too high.

I wasn't even trying to make this into such a big thing. I guess it was originally (in the reply that set off this whole thing, not yours) mostly the feeling of my opinion being invalidated and being essentially told to "Shut up! Everything's interchangeable anyway, so you have no right to say anything about it!" which is why I clung to my argument so hard. I have done some further translating (of Marx/Takumi) and most changes in it aren't big anyway. Still I think there should always be room to question certain and criticize certain translation choices (even the small ones) and take a look at what the original was trying to convey. It's just that the general attitude here is that fan translations aren't neccessary anymore, since we now have Treehouse's golden word on the matter.

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I wasn't even trying to make this into such a big thing. I guess it was originally (in the reply that set off this whole thing, not yours) mostly the feeling of my opinion being invalidated and being essentially told to "Shut up! Everything's interchangeable anyway, so you have no right to say anything about it!" which is why I clung to my argument so hard. I have done some further translating (of Marx/Takumi) and most changes in it aren't big anyway. Still I think there should always be room to question certain and criticize certain translation choices (even the small ones) and take a look at what the original was trying to convey. It's just that the general attitude here is that fan translations aren't neccessary anymore, since we now have Treehouse's golden word on the matter.

Again, I am sorry for the way I phrased the response.

What set me off was the attitude of "since it's NOA it's worthless". I'm sick of the constant shitflinging and hypocrisy of Fates localization that went on (and still does go on in some places), and it dragged all that back up. No official localization that's held in notable regard is ever 1:1 (SD's made the dialogue far more flowery where the original was largely plain Japanese, a choice the fan translators tried to keep to when doing NME; 8-4 has done an almost complete tone shift in recent MH games, turning the text and dialogue from straightforward and self-serious to far more jokey, self-aware, and memey-- a change that is loved by many). 

I can't read a lick of Japanese; I just follow a couple of localizers (well, an ex-localizer and someone studying to be one) and run my own comparisons using fan translated material from time to time. You're fully free to do what you want to do; I should not have come on so strongly.

Edited by The DanMan

10 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Again, I am sorry for the way I phrased the response.

What set me off was the attitude of "since it's NOA it's worthless". I'm sick of the constant shitflinging and hypocrisy of Fates localization that went on (and still does go on in some places), and it dragged all that back up. No official localization that's held in notable regard is ever 1:1 (SD's made the dialogue far more flowery where the original was largely plain Japanese, a change that is praised; 8-4 has done an almost complete tone shift in recent MH games, turning the text and dialogue from straightforward and self-serious to far more jokey, self-aware, and memey-- a change that is loved by many). 

I can't read a lick of Japanese; I just follow a couple of localizers (well, an ex-localizer and someone studying to be one) and run my own comparisons using fan translated material from time to time. You're fully free to do what you want to do; I should not have come on so strongly.

I too reacted with the bad memories of the fandom fight back then in mind, only it was people shitting on fantranslators and calling everyone who criticized the localization pedophiles who just wanted to stroke their waifus. At this point we are both just reacting to things that others said years ago, so I too will try to step back from this more. For what it's worth, I have similar problems with 8-4 (Henry's memes were funny, but they swallowed up his entire personality) and other localization companies that have this approach. I guess it's just a dissonance from how I am able to enjoy the original content, while still being in the English fandom that often has very different ideas of the characters and plot. I just think it's possible for a localization to both sound good and carry the same "tone" of the original and get frustrated when localizers seem more in love with their vision of the story. Those are just assumptions on my part of course, and I admit to often being unneccessarily hostile.

I also apologize for laying it on too thick with my negativity. 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

I too reacted with the bad memories of the fandom fight back then in mind, only it was people shitting on fantranslators and calling everyone who criticized the localization pedophiles who just wanted to stroke their waifus. At this point we are both just reacting to things that others said years ago, so I too will try to step back from this more. For what it's worth, I have similar problems with 8-4 (Henry's memes were funny, but they swallowed up his entire personality) and other localization companies that have this approach. I guess it's just a dissonance from how I am able to enjoy the original content, while still being in the English fandom that often has very different ideas of the characters and plot. I just think it's possible for a localization to both sound good and carry the same "tone" of the original and get frustrated when localizers seem more in love with their vision of the story. Those are just assumptions on my part of course, and I admit to often being unneccessarily hostile.

I also apologize for laying it on too thick with my negativity. 

I'm just sorry that you've seen me be too overbearing more often than not as of late.

@Nanima

That's fair enough. Since you mentioned it, I imagine it's not easy trying to carve a niche for yourself. I personally love finding out what the original Japanese text was like, but most people are probably indifferent--and of course, there are always going to be some who take an antagonistic standpoint. Anyway, I think it was good to get our views out.

Haven't started on Celica yet, but I did do something that's hopefully a bit useful.

Here's the order of supports and what's in what file for the support dump I uploaded:

Notes: The empty files may or may not be indicative of anything. It could be supports to be added or more boringly just the extractor finding what it thinks are files, but aren't. Also, usual disclaimer, I tried to label the files carefully, but I could've made mistakes.

Some observations. There is clearly a core set of characters, then Cordelia, Anna, Celica and Lyn were added later. Lyn appears to have been added last.

Assuming the empty files are actually supports, there may be 22 new supports, of which 5 of them are Robin/Corrin supports (looking at the gender-swapped supports at the very end). The latter could be achieved with, for example, Robin x Niles/Oboro/Navarre and Corrin x Owain/Navarre.

The other 17 could easily be Niles/Oboro/Owain/Navarre supports. I mean, there are 2 Niles supports in the list already in the same approximate region.

14A3 Rowan Lianna

14A4 Rowan Robin
14A5 Rowan Lucina
14A6 Rowan Takumi
14A7 Rowan Xander
14A8 Rowan Elise
14A9 Rowan Marth
14AA Lianna Chrom
14AB Lianna Ryoma
14AC Lianna Sakura
14AD Lianna Leo
14AE Lianna Corrin
14AF Lianna Caeda
14B0 Chrom Robin
14B1 Chrom Lucina
14B2 Chrom Ryoma
14B3 Chrom Camilla
14B4 Chrom Elise
14B5 Chrom Marth
14B6 Lissa Lucina
14B7 Lissa Takumi
14B8 Lissa Sakura
14B9 Lissa Xander
14BA Lissa Elise
14BB Frederick Lucina
14BC Frederick Hinoka
14BD Frederick Xander
14BE Frederick Camila
14BF Frederick Leo
14C0 Frederick Corrin
14C1 Frederick Marth
14C2 Robin Xander
14C3 Robin Leo
14C4 Robin Corrin
14C5 Robin Tiki
14C6 Lucina Hinoka
14C7 Lucina Elise
14C8 Lucina Marth
14C9 Ryoma Leo
14CA Ryoma Corrin
14CB Ryoma Marth
14CC Hinoka Elise
14CD Hinoka Caeda
14CE Takumi Xander
14CF Sakura Camilla
14D0 Sakura Tiki
14D1 Xander Corrin
14D2 Xander Marth
14D3 Camilla Caeda
14D4 Elise Tiki
14D5 Corrin Tiki
14D6 Marth Caeda
14D7 Marth Tiki
14D8 Caeda Tiki
14D9 -
14DA Rowan Celica
14DB Lianna Niles
14DC -
14DD Lissa Cordelia
14DE -
14DF Lissa Anna
14E0 -
14E1 -
14E2 Robin Anna
14E3 Lucina Cordelia
14E4 Lucina Anna
14E5 Ryoma Cordelia
14E6 -
14E7 -
14E8 Ryoma Anna
14E9 Hinoka Cordelia
14EA -
14EB -
14EC -
14ED -
14EE -
14EF Sakura Cordelia
14F0 Sakura Niles
14F1 -
14F2 Xander Celica
14F3 Camilla Cordelia
14F4 -
14F5 Camilla Anna
14F6 -
14F7 -
14F8 -
14F9 -
14FA -
14FB Corrin Celica
14FC -
14FD Marth Celica
14FE Caeda Cordelia
14FF -
150A Lianna Lyn
150B Chrom Lyn
150C Robin Lyn
150D Takumi Lyn
150E Xander Lyn
150F Corrin Lyn
1510 Marth Lyn
1511 Tiki Lyn
1512 -
1513 Anna Lyn
1514 Celica Lyn
1515 Rowan Robin
1516 Lianna Corrin
1517 -
1518 -
1519 -
151A Robin Leo
151B Robin Corrin
151C Robin Tiki
151D Corrin Ryoma
151E Corrin Xander
151F Corrin Tiki
1520 -
1521 Robin Anna
1522 -
1523 Corrin Celica
1524 Robin Lyn
1525 Corrin Lyn
1526 Robin Corrin
1527 Robin Corrin

Edited by VincentASM

Since I don't see them in the list, I translated 3 more supports that I unlocked.

Ryoma and Leo

Leo and Robin

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/hjGpzNx6

the types of chess part is a little confusing to be honest lol

Camilla and Chrom

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/YVgvy3Lp

this one has me laughing to death lmao

"My heart only has Corrin"

I proceed to hate Camilla more and more everyday!

Rowan is legit one of the worst characters in this franchise now. Sure there was naive tools and full of themselves people but usually not this bad and they have an arc that resolves this issue or shows more of them in a support.

I have never SEEN a character that flat out dissed a tactician like Robin or tactics in general and then proceeds to act like their skills was the reason they won. 

If I didn't hate Rowan that much already I sure hate him 100x over now. 

Can we please have Alfonse back?

I have to say I like Robin and Leo's support as well as Leo and Ryoma's. A lot.

Does anyone have the exact link where they're getting these support convos though? I wouldn't mind trying to translate some myself.

2 minutes ago, Kobushi said:

Does anyone have the exact link where they're getting these support convos though? I wouldn't mind trying to translate some myself.

Check this post.

I'm making progress with Celica's supports. I've added 4 of the 6 here. I'll probably finish them after lunch.

Here is my take on the Marx+Takumi support.

Again, the gist of it is the same as the English one. There are some small details on Xander's past which can be found in the Chinese translation but not the English.

One thing of note is that Takumi actually speaks very politely when talking to Xander. Guess he is a bit intimidated haha. I tried getting it across, but I am not sure if I managed it. Can see why the localization didn't bother with it.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'm just sorry that you've seen me be too overbearing more often than not as of late.

It's fine, you have also seen me being pretty whiny as of late, so we can call it even.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

@Nanima

That's fair enough. Since you mentioned it, I imagine it's not easy trying to carve a niche for yourself. I personally love finding out what the original Japanese text was like, but most people are probably indifferent--and of course, there are always going to be some who take an antagonistic standpoint. Anyway, I think it was good to get our views out.

Haven't started on Celica yet, but I did do something that's hopefully a bit useful.

Here's the order of supports and what's in what file for the support dump I uploaded:

Notes: The empty files may or may not be indicative of anything. It could be supports to be added or more boringly just the extractor finding what it thinks are files, but aren't. Also, usual disclaimer, I tried to label the files carefully, but I could've made mistakes.

Some observations. There is clearly a core set of characters, then Cordelia, Anna, Celica and Lyn were added later. Lyn appears to have been added last.

Assuming the empty files are actually supports, there may be 22 new supports, of which 5 of them are Robin/Corrin supports (looking at the gender-swapped supports at the very end). The latter could be achieved with, for example, Robin x Niles/Oboro/Navarre and Corrin x Owain/Navarre.

The other 17 could easily be Niles/Oboro/Owain/Navarre supports. I mean, there are 2 Niles supports in the list already in the same approximate region.

Reveal hidden contents

14A3 Rowan Lianna

14A4 Rowan Robin
14A5 Rowan Lucina
14A6 Rowan Takumi
14A7 Rowan Xander
14A8 Rowan Elise
14A9 Rowan Marth
14AA Lianna Chrom
14AB Lianna Ryoma
14AC Lianna Sakura
14AD Lianna Leo
14AE Lianna Corrin
14AF Lianna Caeda
14B0 Chrom Robin
14B1 Chrom Lucina
14B2 Chrom Ryoma
14B3 Chrom Camilla
14B4 Chrom Elise
14B5 Chrom Marth
14B6 Lissa Lucina
14B7 Lissa Takumi
14B8 Lissa Sakura
14B9 Lissa Xander
14BA Lissa Elise
14BB Frederick Lucina
14BC Frederick Hinoka
14BD Frederick Xander
14BE Frederick Camila
14BF Frederick Leo
14C0 Frederick Corrin
14C1 Frederick Marth
14C2 Robin Xander
14C3 Robin Leo
14C4 Robin Corrin
14C5 Robin Tiki
14C6 Lucina Hinoka
14C7 Lucina Elise
14C8 Lucina Marth
14C9 Ryoma Leo
14CA Ryoma Corrin
14CB Ryoma Marth
14CC Hinoka Elise
14CD Hinoka Caeda
14CE Takumi Xander
14CF Sakura Camilla
14D0 Sakura Tiki
14D1 Xander Corrin
14D2 Xander Marth
14D3 Camilla Caeda
14D4 Elise Tiki
14D5 Corrin Tiki
14D6 Marth Caeda
14D7 Marth Tiki
14D8 Caeda Tiki
14D9 -
14DA Rowan Celica
14DB Lianna Niles
14DC -
14DD Lissa Cordelia
14DE -
14DF Lissa Anna
14E0 -
14E1 -
14E2 Robin Anna
14E3 Lucina Cordelia
14E4 Lucina Anna
14E5 Ryoma Cordelia
14E6 -
14E7 -
14E8 Ryoma Anna
14E9 Hinoka Cordelia
14EA -
14EB -
14EC -
14ED -
14EE -
14EF Sakura Cordelia
14F0 Sakura Niles
14F1 -
14F2 Xander Celica
14F3 Camilla Cordelia
14F4 -
14F5 Camilla Anna
14F6 -
14F7 -
14F8 -
14F9 -
14FA -
14FB Corrin Celica
14FC -
14FD Marth Celica
14FE Caeda Cordelia
14FF -
150A Lianna Lyn
150B Chrom Lyn
150C Robin Lyn
150D Takumi Lyn
150E Xander Lyn
150F Corrin Lyn
1510 Marth Lyn
1511 Tiki Lyn
1512 -
1513 Anna Lyn
1514 Celica Lyn
1515 Rowan Robin
1516 Lianna Corrin
1517 -
1518 -
1519 -
151A Robin Leo
151B Robin Corrin
151C Robin Tiki
151D Corrin Ryoma
151E Corrin Xander
151F Corrin Tiki
1520 -
1521 Robin Anna
1522 -
1523 Corrin Celica
1524 Robin Lyn
1525 Corrin Lyn
1526 Robin Corrin
1527 Robin Corrin

I think I just realized something. So based on the datamine we know that Cordelia, Anna, Celica and Lyn were all late additions. All the late additions also happen to use the same weapons as the NPC crew, Oboro, lance, Niles, bow, Owain and Navarre, swords.

My personal hypotheses is that the NPC crew were swapped out in favour of the late comers. Cordelia is more popular than Oboro, seeing as Cordy got 7th in CYL and Oboro didn't even place in the top 20. Also I think the devs realized people would not be happy if Oboro got in but Azura didn't. Anna is pretty much a series mascot at this point so that easily trumps whatever Niles could bring to the table. Celica replaced Owain solely because of Echoes. Also the producer likes her too. Finally Lyn replaced Navarre (And we know this because they use the same moveset) because of CYL. But obviously they had the majority of the assets done for the four, as evidenced by Niles' supports so they decided that they couldn't scrap them and so put them in as NPC characters and, potentialy as DLC/free update characters.

Just an observation...

1 hour ago, Peaceful_User said:

"My heart only has Corrin"

I proceed to hate Camilla more and more everyday!

Rowan is legit one of the worst characters in this franchise now. Sure there was naive tools and full of themselves people but usually not this bad and they have an arc that resolves this issue or shows more of them in a support.

I have never SEEN a character that flat out dissed a tactician like Robin or tactics in general and then proceeds to act like their skills was the reason they won. 

If I didn't hate Rowan that much already I sure hate him 100x over now. 

Can we please have Alfonse back?

Alfonse wasn't supposed to be in this. :P

Regardless, I've noticed you're apparently the only one complaining about Rowan. Mind quoting his full convos from this topic? Because I at least looked at his Takumi and hard-to-see Lianna one, and the worst he's done in those is...stealing cookies, calling them bad, and being cocky in front of Takumi. I'm curious to see how his Robin convo of "dissing tactics" played out, and if it was really frustrating or something different. If anything, it's sorta refreshing seeing a lord act more like a childish goof; the closest we've seen to that is Alm, but that's not saying too much (as one who likes him).

1 hour ago, Kobushi said:

I have the game so I just translate it as I unlock them.

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

Lyn replaced Navarre (And we know this because they use the same moveset)

so that's been confirmed... well, that's sad

could you please tell me if it's 100% true, or just an assumption?

if it's true, where can i find it out by myself?

Just now, Yexin said:

so that's been confirmed... well, that's sad

could you please tell me if it's 100% true, or just an assumption?

if it's true, where can i find it out by myself?

Well for one, in the image of Navarre he has two swords, like Lyn does and just from gameplay I've seen of him in videos, his and Lyn's play style are pretty much 1:1.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Here is my take on the Marx+Takumi support.

Again, the gist of it is the same as the English one. There are some small details on Xander's past which can be found in the Chinese translation but not the English.

One thing of note is that Takumi actually speaks very politely when talking to Xander. Guess he is a bit intimidated haha. I tried getting it across, but I am not sure if I managed it. Can see why the localization didn't bother with it.

It's fine, you have also seen me being pretty whiny as of late, so we can call it even.

Wait, that's your Tumblr? I just sent a request to clean up Lianna and Ryoma's support. Ugh, I feel so stupid.

2 minutes ago, Corbin said:

Wait, that's your Tumblr? I just sent a request to clean up Lianna and Ryoma's support. Ugh, I feel so stupid.

No problem haha. I'll still translate Lianna/Ryouma unless you just wanted the localized version.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Regardless, I've noticed you're apparently the only one complaining about Rowan. Mind quoting his full convos from this topic? Because I at least looked at his Takumi and hard-to-see Lianna one, and the worst he's done in those is...stealing cookies, calling them bad, and being cocky in front of Takumi. I'm curious to see how his Robin convo of "dissing tactics" played out, and if it was really frustrating or something different. If anything, it's sorta refreshing seeing a lord act more like a childish goof; the closest we've seen to that is Alm, but that's not saying too much (as one who likes him).

Only one complaining publicly anyway, I think Rowan's pretty terrible too. Ask and ye shall receive:

Spoiler

Phew, we won. Thank goodness my.strategy played out how I hoped....L.Your strategy? You mean my skills. Did.you see how many enemies I cut down?...O.You still don't trust my tactical sense?.I thought I had earned your approval....A.Pull your weight in a fight, and you'll.always have my approval!...E.But you gotta admit, knights are far.more important than tacticians....M.You still don't understand that there's.more to war than just swordsmanship....L.Let's hold a short symposium on the art.of battle. You may learn something....H.Art? Knights don't need art! They just.need to train and become strong....O.It's a pity you feel that way. To think,.you'd be a splendid knight otherwise....K.You may not need tactics to charge in.headfirst, but there are other ways......Let's say, for example......M.The enemy has 10 times your forces..Even with strong knights, could you win?...1.Well, victory in that case.would be difficult......Q.But with a keen strategy--sneak attacks,.pincers, diversions... See what I mean?...M.You have to admit, strategy and tactics.are just as important as any weapon....G.Even so, coming up with strategy is.a tactician's job. Not a knight's....N.Not true. A tactician can only plan for.the future, not foresee it perfectly....M.The tide of battle shifts constantly..The front line must know how to adapt....P.Knights must have good judgment and.adapt on the fly; otherwise the plan fails....G.In other words...knights can't always.just do what the tacticians say?...L.Precisely. Tacticians paint the broad.strokes; knights fill in the details....P.So if a knight is strong enough to fight.and smart enough to employ strategy......%.I know where you're going with this....J.If you can protect your friends with.your brains as well as your brawn......).Your skill as a knight.will be peerless....3.I like the sound of that. That's what.I'll become!...+.That's the spirit. I'm sure you can do it!...3.In that case, would you mind.teaching me strategy?...:.I wouldn't mind at all..I'll teach you everything I know....D.Let's start with what informs strategy..I have a list right here........That is a really long list.... .N.Somewhere out there an enemy knight.is actually putting in the time to study..!.=.I can't let some enemy outclass me....All right, I'll do it..".L.You must be a master tactician, huh?.Do you know everything about strategy?.#.=.Hardly. Strategy is always changing,.so I'm always studying..$.:.Then let's study together. We'll each.grow in our fields!.%.O.I'm sure you'll one day not only become.a fine knight but a fine king as well..&.).Huh? Become a fine what and a.what when?.'./.You'll be great, Rowan..Now let's get started!

Edited by Azure Sen