Anna Trailer

Reese Balaski

6 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

No Jake cameo, sad. He'd be the perfect guy to manage the Ballista, but of course they decided to ran Awakening's multiple Anna joke into the ground. IS hates that guy at this point.

Glad I'm not the only one who is sad still at the running "Anna is greedy" joke.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Even outside of Nintendo, this isn't a problem. The kings and queens of pandering, Square-Enix, are pretty good at giving equal representation to all of their games when they make crossover games. FF5 is usually given as much love as FF7, 8, 10 or 13, despite literally selling like, 1/10 of any of those games. Because Square's crossover games ACTUALLY feel like a celebration of the whole series.

Except Dissidia was more along the lines of a celebration where Warriors.......I have no clue what Warriors is other than a really cool concept.

2 minutes ago, Sonic Boom said:

@lack of Jake in the ballista special. 

Far easier to just reuse the same model for the attack instead of creating a new one for the sole purpose of one single special, especially when it can be used in combination with another unit's special for a Pair Up attack.

Legit explanation, but still a disappointing regardless.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Except Dissidia was more along the lines of a celebration where Warriors.......I have no clue what Warriors is other than a really cool concept.

The original selling point of FEW was that it was a celebration of the FE franchise. All Warriors spin-offs, from what I've gathered, are supposed to be "celebrations" to a certain extent. They basically made Dragon Quest Heroes 2 a JRPG to represent the franchise better, and the inclusion of long-running FE gameplay staples in FEW makes it seem like KT cared about "capturing" Fire Emblem with this game.

But Hyrule Warriors was riddled with a similar roster bias, so this might be a Nintendo thing. Apparently it was Nintendo who strong-armed the Awakening/Fates/SD focus.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

The original selling point of FEW was that it was a celebration of the FE franchise. All Warriors spin-offs are supposed to be "celebrations" to a certain extent.

But Hyrule Warriors was riddled with a similar roster bias, so this might be a Nintendo thing.

I don't recall Zelda having a rich cast. Maybe there were too many 3D rep, but I still saw my share of 2D reps in the game.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't recall Zelda having a rich cast. Maybe there were too many 3D rep, but I still saw my share of 2D reps in the game.

Hyrule Warriors was basically just OoT, TP and SS as the vanilla roster goes. The DLC added Wind Waker, with a handful of 2D Zelda characters, if I'm remembering correctly.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Hyrule Warriors was basically just OoT, TP and SS as the vanilla roster goes. The DLC added Wind Waker, with a handful of 2D Zelda characters.

You wanna give me an idea who they could have used? I can only think of Ralf & Vaati.

Going back on topic, is there any confirmation that Anna is clone or not?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

You wanna give me an idea who they could have used? I can only think of Ralf & Vaati.

Going back on topic, is there any confirmation that Anna is clone or not?

Used for what? The vanilla roster or DLC?

Because the vanilla roster could have used more than just OoT, TP and SS.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Used for what? The vanilla roster or DLC?

Because the vanilla roster could have used more than just OoT, TP and SS.

& Whose that? From the Adventure of Link to Link to the Past who could they select from?

9 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

This trailer is amazing and her movesets looks really interesting and unique. This is what this game needed more of tbh. Out there choices and less generic movesets. 

The trailer only shows her specials. The bulk of her moveset is likely shared with Takumi.

Just now, The DanMan said:

The trailer only shows her specials. The bulk of her moveset is likely shared with Takumi.

Is that a confirmation the she is? Is she any different from that other archer that isn't Takumi?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Is that a confirmation the she is? Is she any different from that other archer that isn't Takumi?

No confirmation, but basic logic would point to that at this point. Takumi seems to be the archer template, going off of Sakura.

21 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

& Whose that? From the Adventure of Link to Link to the Past who could they select from?

I'm not limiting it to the 2D games. They could have used Wind Waker in the main game. They could have used Majora's Mask.

Admittedly the 2D games were a bit tougher to pick from, since there really aren't many characters outside of Link, Zelda and Ganon, and the few that were there weren't fighters. Hell, they made Agitha for some dumb reason, so I'm sure they could have made Link's Uncle work.

But they still could have expanded the cast beyond just OoT, TP and SS in the main HW game.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

No confirmation, but basic logic would point to that at this point. Takumi seems to be the archer template, going off of Sakura.

What!? Sakura's a clone? Damn it. But are seriously saying there's going to be 4 archer & none of them has their own style?

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm not limiting it to the 2D games. They could have used Wind Waker in the main game. They could have used Majora's Mask.

Admittedly the 2D games were a bit tougher to pick from, since there really aren't many characters outside of Link, Zelda and Ganon, and the few that were there weren't fighters.

But they still could have expanded the cast beyond just OoT, TP and SS in the main HW game.

So you weren't satisfied with DLC then?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

So you weren't satisfied with DLC then?

I feel like we aren't having the same conversation.

I'm comparing base games, and how these Nintendo-based Warriors games have lopsided rosters at release, when there's really no good reason for it.

1 minute ago, Fireball260 said:

Well you could have had Agahnim, the Oracles or their villains, or someone like Marin before the second season. 

I keep forgetting him about for some reason. I did mention Ralf before but I don't know the Villain's name in Oracle of Seasons

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I feel like we aren't having the same conversation.

I'm comparing base games, and how these Nintendo-based Warriors games have lopsided rosters at release, when there's really no good reason for it.

I guess we are, since I think I thought the roster was fairly balance. Especially after the DLC.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I  guess we are, since I think I thought the roster was fairly balance. Especially after the DLC.

Did the roster need Fi? Or just four of the Seven Sages from OoT(I get this was so there was some Zora and Goron representation, but why not use Mikau instead of Ruto? Mikau CAN fight, whereas that's the one thing Ruto is not known for.)?

And oh right, AGITHA?! I forgot she was actually part of the core cast.

I can't believe the GameFAQs equivalent(s) of this thread is/are more tolerable than this one...  Never in my life...

15 minutes ago, Folt said:

Apparently we already know how to unlock Anna from a NeoGAF member:

Reveal hidden contents

You must get all the Anna's Memories stuff from the Story Mode chapters.

Fairly expected, tbh.

Spoiler

So basically she's post-story content.  Am I right?

41 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

You know, going somewhat off-topic, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Azura a clone of Oboro and have Oboro come with the Fates DLC to make it seem like it's the other way around.

Please don't let this snide joke actually come true

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You know, going somewhat off-topic, I wouldn't be surprised if they made Azura a clone of Oboro and have Oboro come with the Fates DLC to make it seem like it's the other way around.

Please don't let this snide joke actually come true

There's a lot of leftover data in game pointing towards Oboro (and Navarrae/Owain/Niles) being playable characters. I'd hope for a free download shortly after launch at this point.

So, I haven't laughed at a character trailer in a long time, but man... Anna being chased by multiple Annas while carrying a hunk of treasure over her head might actually be the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Made me imagine that this must be a thing the family has to deal with on a daily basis. Can you just imagine tiny hordes of redheads chasing each other around going, "It's mine, I saw it first, you can't have it, na-na-na-na-na!" The utter chaos their parents must have to deal with... Plus, ballista. I didn't know how badly I wanted an Anna riding a ballista until this moment. I'm going to have heaps of fun with this game.

And is there anywhere on this specific section of Serenes that is not filled with heaping, inglorious, absolutely ridiculous amount of salt? Anywhere?

2 hours ago, Lau said:

There is a major difference between old and new Anna.

Old Anna had a boyfriend, Jake. New Anna doesn't have a boyfriend.

Old Anna ran the secret shop, and there was only one Anna. New Anna has multiple identical sisters who spawn everywhere.

Awakening is just...a hot pot. There's a bit of everything, and unfortunately, there are several old characters who should be there, but they aren't, being Jake, Xane, Bantu and possibly Nagi.

Both Anna incarnations have a personality, so don't say that they don't.

Anna looks great, still a pity that Jake didn't get a cameo, but yeah.

Actually, Bantu is casually referenced by Nowi in a special tile thing. She can't remember his name, but it seems pretty clear that it's him she's talking about.

32 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Fairly expected, tbh.

Reveal hidden contents

So basically she's post-story content.  Am I right?

He also implied that

Spoiler

once that's done, she'll show up as a battle in History Mode. I guess that means completing that battle unlocks her for real.