Setting a Class's Battle and Map Sprite Association

Topaz Light

So, I'm wondering how to go about defining which battle and map sprites are associated with a given class. I'm trying to add in a female Knight to the Sum Patch to go along with female Generals, going into the "female Dismounted Knight" class slot. I've copied all the information over from the male Knight class (save for Class ID), and even set it to promote into the female General.

The problem is, I have absolutely no idea how to go about setting which sprites the class uses, on the map or in battle. It appears to use the female General sprite in battle—at least, that's what shows up in the battle sprite box when the class is highlighted to be reclassed into—but it has no defined map sprite, and the game crashes when you try to back out into the main reclass menu after changing a character into it.

Ideally, I would just set it to call the exact same files the male Knight uses for its battle and map sprites, but I don't know how to actually do that, or even if it's possible. I know Arch ported the female Cavalier and General classes back into Shadow Dragon, graphics and all, but I don't know what process he used to get the graphic importation and association working.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate your wisdom!

…As an addendum, does anybody know if Soldiers in Shadow Dragon are flagged as being able to reach level 30, like other single-tier classes? I can't seem to find any conclusive answer to that.

Okay I sorta kinda worked it out actually

My solution was to copy the "armorknight" ("ARMORKNIGHT" in the battle sprite section) files, paste them, and replace the "armorknight" part of the file name with "knight_f" (again, "KNIGHT_F" in the battle sprite section). There weren't originally any files with those names in the directory, but when I did this, it worked, surprisingly!

What I would infer from this is that each class has a sort of "internal name" used to find the graphic files that go to it, and that you just have to match the files to that name, but I'm not entirely certain.

Also, I checked and Soldiers can indeed reach level 30, it looks like!

At any rate, I got female Knights working, it would seem!

Now I just need to figure out how to edit map palette files to give Ballisticians back their blueness as allies.