FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Prologue: Alternate Army

07:00, Levfia
Levfia, a small continent, houses an Anna that one might not remember. Like her sisters, they are merchants looking for a way to substantially live. This Anna was reading scriptures on the worship of Naga and Mila, two of the most notable divine dragons in the world that they currently live in. Jake creaks open the employee door of Anna’s store to tell her dismal news.

“It’s horrible. Damn near impossible to go out for a stroll,” Jake complained. “A horde of strange warriors are approaching from the north.”

Anna put the scrolls down. “This is grave news,” she fretted. “I must tell the humans we’ve been housing for a week.”

Jake was skeptical about Anna’s plan. “Are you sure these four are good for the job?”

Anna stopped and thinked about it. She nodded. “If they’re from another world, then they must have some kind of potential!”

She ran to the guest rooms upstairs to wake them up. Gabriella and Kyodaina were happily snoozing away in their beds. Chuks was lazing out on his bedroom floor and Simon lighted out during the middle of the night frantically trying to contact an unknown deity with his prayer books.

Anna opened Gabriella’s door and yelled out her name. “Get up. We’ve got something bad going on near our town.”

Gabriella is free to post.

Somewhere else around the house, Jake opened the door to Chuks’ room. What he saw through the window in Chuks’ room was an axe hurled toward a window in a house across the road. This was an unsettling sight for Jake. He tried to get Chuks up, but he wouldn’t budge. So Jake decided to drag him on his legs to move him out of the bedroom. That’s when Chuks finally opened his eyes and realized something was quite different.

Chuks is free to post.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuks was happily snoozing away. It's the first time he actually could sleep well in... years. Whatever the cause was for him coming to this world, Chuks didn't mind one bit. The people he lived with were really nice too, so that is a bonus point in his book. 

Suddenly, he fell in a black hole... and woke up to Jake pulling him by his legs. Chuks immediatly freed himself and got up. ''What's going on? Why am I being woken up in the middle of the night?'' Jake didn't look like he was playing a prank on him. Chuks face immediatly turned serious. ''....This is something bad, isn't it?''

Gabriella was dreaming happily... her dreams were her best friends, in her dreams she didn't need to worry about anything... about the problems she had to face in this new world, were things weren't rainbows and butterflies... that day she would dream about her life in France, she was in the beach with her friends, the moon was shining and the sand was cold and fresh, the sky was clear with no cloud to be seen, the graceful and beautiful sound of waves echoed throught out the whole beach and alongside the fresh breeze, they made a perfect harmony... with her friends she was... happy... a feeling Gabriella hadn't felt the moment she arrieved at that new land... she would only feel disgust... fury... and sometimes... sadness... 

She was sweetly enjoying her dream until...

“Get up. We’ve got something bad going on near our town.”

"Please... Just... Five... more... minutes..." Murmured Gabriella as she blindly threw her pillow trying to hit whoever had woken her up, "I... want... to...sleep..."

Jake replies to Chuks, who had just woken up abruptly. “Chuks, this is a dangerous situation. I and Anna need some help with an army. They’re all purple and rather tough so we need someone to help ward them off. Should we get Simon?”

In another room, the French girl was throwing pillows at Anna. The redhead clearly had enough of her laziness. “I’m going to zap you with an Elthunder if you don’t get up right now,” she scolded. Something was definitely urgent.

Meanwhile, Kyodaina hears the noise across the second floor hallway and wakes up startled.

Kyodaina is free to post.

''Hmm.... I don't think you can rely on that guy. He is doing... strange things. However, I think I am able to help. I want to.... protect this place. This is the first time I felt at peace for a long time. I am not gonna back out now. You can wield a bow, right? Then surely, you have some more weapons to spare. One for me, perhaps? I want to help.''

This,, desire. Protecting people? The only thing he knew about in his own world was to mercilessly kill anyone who'd stand against him, and destroying everything that he didn't approve of. Are these.... human feelings? Chuks couldn't believe himself.

Kyodaina was never the sort of person to be an early riser, but especially when considering this world, it might just be the timeframe of her mind compared to everything around her in this unfamiliar region. Regardless, the fact that there was a lot of thuds and thumps from across the hall was definitely enough to wake her up from whatever dream she was caught in, coughing a little as she tried to collect herself. Still, rising this early means she's not completely focused, but once she's up, she can't really force herself back out again.

So rather than do that, she makes her way across the hall, trying to stretch slightly as she pokes her head into the room across the hall. She's not sure whose room it is, but she can hear... Anna, was it? Well, she's hearing the redhead saying something about thunder to another girl trying to sleep. "What's... What's with all the racket over here...? It woke me up from that nice rest I was having."

Alarmed by her statement Gabriella immediately jumped out of bed with a scared look on her face, "You know if it was Jake he probably wouldn't be like this..." Murmured Gabriella to herself as she got dressed. "So what's the problem now? Moth went to your room and you want me to kill it?" Mocked Gabriella as she let out a big yawn, after that she quickly rubbed her eyes, and in the shade of dark mixed with a bit of yellow, for a second, were the faces of her parents, the man and woman that raised her to be what she was, she never said she loved them... and now with her gone, she knew from the bottom of her heart that they were looking for her, "I've got to get out of this place..." she thought.

"Well Anna? What is it?"

Anna gave an uneasy smile. “Yeah, we have a big army coming for our tails.” Anna turns around to look behind her and spots Kyodaina staring into the room. “What are you doing here? It’s already over, she just woke up. Anyhoo, why not we head out?”

Jake, meanwhile, had an aura of doubt about what Chuks had said. “Anna only runs a convenience store. There are no weapons and the books are plain and ordinary.” A scream pierces the air. After a long pause, Jake suggested, “Where is that noise coming from? Might as well check.”

Simon was in his room. He was alone on a wooden stool heavily breathing.

Simon is free to post.

Simon let out a panicked scream. He grabbed his face, wiped the cold sweat off, and stared at his bible for a second. He had fallen asleep, and had been caught in a nightmare. What it was about he didn't know, but it terrified him all the same. "Dios Mio." He gets up, picks up the rice beater left in the room, and headed out of the room, bible in hand. He peered into the room where Jake and Chuks were. "Sorry about that, I think I ate something I should not have last night. Anyway, I did find out that I could use this thing that you used to cook rice balls with last night can be imbued with holiness to heal people. Mind if I borrow it? We might need it for that pretty large band outside, along with anything else that can do something against them."

Kyodaina blinks a few times as she's looked at, raising a hand to wave at Gabriella before realizing what Anna said. "...Oh, I didn't know it was over. And there's an army coming at us? I barely even know how to fight, and they're coming at us before breakfast? I'll go and get myself ready..." She mumbles, heading off back to her room to finish getting herself ready. Namely, actually forcing her mind awake and changing into clothes that would be better for outside things than lounging around. That, and finding the stick she was using to train with...

Anna turns toward Gabriella. “How about you, miss? Should we wait for Jake?”

Jake meanwhile was heading downstairs. “We’ll wait at the store counter down here to wait on my wife. Surely she won’t wait for long. Let’s head on out boys.”

Edited by NoahStratos
OOC: Ubiquitous typo

Simon looked at Chuks and pointed to the skillet on the table. "Grab that, will you. You could use it." Simon grabs a small pouch of herbs and waits by the door. "By the way, I never did thank you for letting me stay with you. I owe you my thanks, at the very least."

While waiting at the Store counter for Anna and the others, Simon pointed Chuks to the skillet that was on my table. "Grab that, will you. You could use it." After Simon said this, Chuks grabbed the frying pan and said to himself that this would have to do. Meanwhile, Simon was thanking Jake for letting him stay with them. Chuks wasn't having it. ''Now is not the time, Simon. Save those words for if you live.''

"Whatever... Do what you want... I'll just follow you." Said Gabriella trying to sound nice and interested, but utterly failing. Meanwhile she went looking for her Umbrella in her wardrobe, the Umbrella was a reddish color with a purple shade, it was as good as new, as Gabriella refused to train." Found it, go grab the other girl or whatever." Gabriella was trying to hold the tears on, "Why did it have to be me? It could have been anyone else... I would give anything to go back to France..."  A small tear hit the floor, but Gabriella quickly covered it up and cleaned her face, hopping for Anna not to see it. 

Anna is the last of the six to head down the steps. Anna had forgotten something. “One second.”
A few moments later, Anna can be seen just outside the window with her horse. “Are we ready? Follow my lead. Up north, everybody.”
Jake leads the ragtag army out of the store.

09:30, Fields near Northeastern Side, Levfia

Jake was panting when his wife had reached the area that they have located some of the warriors at.

Jake looks at the mute Pegasus Knight with a lance ahead in their vicinity. He looks at the four civilians that were the first modern humans to show up near their town.
“Guess you need some power boosts to help you get through this jam, huh?” Jake surmises. “Let’s see if we can protect ourselves.”

Prologue Battle: Alternate Army

Spoiler

c56ac1d2ee14047e67499db89e84c7d2.png

Map in spoiler.

Main Objective: Rout the enemy
Second Objective: Gain better weapons to use in battle

Blue units are placeable in blue-bordered tiles

Spoiler

Green Units:
Jake - Lv1 - Iron Bow - 18 HP - D19
Anna - Lv1 - Elthunder - 22 HP - H23

Red Units:
Barbarian - Lv1 - Bronze Axe - 23 HP - D9
Barbarian - Lv1 - Bronze Axe - 21 HP - K7
Mercenary - Lv1 - Bronze Sword - 18 HP - C4
Pegasus Knight - Lv3 - Bronze Lance - 17 HP (Boss) - H2

More details in spreadsheet

OOC Disclaimer: Map designs may be subject to change due to its current simplicity. Custom map unit sprites will be used later on.

Edited by NoahStratos
OOC: Formatting errors

Prologue Player Phase Turn 1

Spoiler

b34a9154c832ec721c4ce166122d5288.png

Blue Units:
Kyodaina - Lv1 - Stick - 23 HP - K20
Chuks - Lv1 - Frying Pan - 16 HP - I19
Simon - Lv1 - Kneader - 25 HP - E21
Gabriella - Lv1 - Umbrella - 16 HP - G20

Begin...

OOC Hint: Saturation of an unit's image = unit's HP %. The grayer your colors look, the closer your HP is to 0.