FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Jake

Jake looks at Weiss in intrigue. “You’re currently in Levfia right now. I’m guessing you’re not familiar with this place at all. I’d like to chat about my world and what it is, but perhaps we should move to the Aliese coast right about now. There should be a dock up ahead."

Edited by NoahStratos
Forgot to close quote

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake

“All I know that there’s a abandoned fortress near that coast, and the enemy is migrating towards it. Maybe we’ll see some singularities that happened with all you folks that came bursting from the heavens?”

Jake then looks up at the sky and sees a glimpse of a dark mauve storm heading towards Aliese. “That’s strange… we should try to investigate. Does anyone want to follow me?”

Raven and Gimli look at each other and nod in agreement. Gimli moves to pick up the still lifeless body, as he knew he could lift it easier than Raven could. "Ready when you are, Jake. Chuks, go tell the others where we're going."

William

"Eh, I suppose I'll be coming with. Who knows, I'm sure this heavy armor will come in use."

Brady

The violinist just shrugs, and nods his head. Healing is always helpful, and that was his job, as a priest.

Dolce

Dolce isn't sure what's happening. She isn't sure what she's supposed to say, or what she's supposed to do. She almost felt as if this didn't concern her, but no one answered her question. Someone had to have seen Pico. And when she found her, she'd go on her merry way, looking for a way back to Selphia herself.

"I suppose I'll come along, if only to look for Pico."

Boey

''I-I guess I have no choice, huh? I'll go along.

Chuks

The guy is just quiet, staring at the rest of the group. You can't read his face, but he just goes along.

Vanessa

With Elice tagging along on top of the her mount's saddle for convenience sake, Vanessa makes her approach toward the group just beyond, their shadow fly past the ones who also start to move in response to hearing where they are headed now.

"Ah, I see them," she says, gradually elevating down on the grasslands, before noticing the smoldering of what she thought as a peculiar bonfire. Doesn't seem to be that important--the point is to get to know who they were referring to as Jake among several others she's not familiar with, though it's more to how foreign the region she were heading at in the first place.

Nevertheless, she lands her mount low enough to walk in the midair without stopping the pace, her eyes directed toward the man with a bow, "Excuse me, are you the one who's named Jake?"

Lim

For being one of the closest to experience how abnormal things can be, listening to what they are speaking and the addition of people with similar features--both delicate and rough, Lim isn't exactly paying that much of attention. In fact, he already distanced himself from the group a little further from them. All of his attention is affixed toward the tome he's holding onto, the very Thunder tome he was given to. The prospect of casting thunderbolts at the flick of fingers is a fascinating way to demonstrate magic at its finest. By opening the book's cover, he reads a spell from what was written in it.

"Thunder." He says, brandishing his palm toward the stone he hid himself from minutes ago. Nothing seems to occur from his incantation, must it be a bit louder? He calls out the spell again, "Alright, I'll show you my might. Thunder!"

He makes the same gesture, but nothing. It's all winds and faint voices. "C'mon... I cast Thunder! Thunder! Lightning! Thunder!" In his desperation, he does the same but still nothing. He can't be deceived that magic don't exist, as for him to see one blasting is genuine.

So he repeats the same word again, but really, the air is free from any ionized force. His annoyed expression stems up, yet he refuses to give in by trying more times, to the point where he notices them making their move, rallied by the one called Jake. Surely, he has no reason to not catch up with people he can trust, for now. Whether he has proficiency in magic or not, he is more than confident to prove that he is here for a reason untold.

Tomas

Tomas has remained quiet for a fair while, but that's because he was mainly listening. Talking isn't the most necessary right now. At least, up until the question of if everyone is going to follow Jake comes up. That's definitely something that he'll have to respond to. "Of course. I will most definitely follow if it helps me return to Archanea in one piece. As for the-" He pauses for a moment, blinking. Did... Did he just feel a drop of rain on his foot? He looks down, and- ...Oh, that's what it is. No wonder he thought he heard someone faintly snoring. And why Kyodaina hadn't answered, too.

He bends down, giving the sleeping girl something that's not strong enough to be a slap, but too strong for a simple pat. Regardless, it's enough to make Kyodaina stir. "Hey, wake up. Are you staying with us?"

Kyodaina

To say that she was expecting to be slapped awake, or even need to be waken up at all, would be a lie. She didn't even expect to be asleep on someone's foot if she did. "...A-Ah!" She pulls herself up to a standing position, somewhat slowly but not too slow. "Sorry, sorry... I've been trying to not do that so often, but everyone just kept talking and I couldn't really keep track of everything..." She mumbles, looking up and over at those dark storm flying towards another city. "I guess I can follow along after the storm with you."

Jake

Jake noticed two women sitting there a bit disheveled. Once he took a good look at Gabriella’s crying face and requested something from Vanessa. “Before we go, mind taking these two back to Anna’s store? They probably need a good rest. They don’t feel good… Come back with us when you’re done. Just look for the smoke still rising into the sky.”

Gabriella’s face turns pallid as she got on Titania, Vanessa’s pegasus. Elice was snoozing on the steed.

Jake was worried about these two, and their unexpected breakdown made the walk to the docks quite slower.

Vanessa

Instead of receiving what she was expecting to hear, her question was answered with a favor to turn the two women to a place she barely know of. While it's a simple task to ferry especially lightweight people, she feels reluctant when the other girl points to where it is--toward a place just a bit further to the cliff side. It's true that bringing anybody who aren't quite fit for what will come only spells unwanted casualties, but it just doesn't make it better when she is reminded by the presence of an archer who managed to score a hit on her mount.

"That's... No, I understand." However, she decides to not falter just because the attacker might still very well be hiding around the thickets, since it's the least of what she can do to thank the azure-haired maiden who saved her life. Moreover, should the chance comes to light, she will be more than relentless to find whoever did the deed.

"I'll be right back. Now, hang on tight." With her words, feathers already flutter across the grasslands, then to the other side of the forest.

Lim

"...I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but heck, did I just see them riding a flying horse?" He adjusts his eyeglasses and places it back, "What a weird world I'm in."

Vanessa arrived at her destination: a quaint place that Anna had owned, who was now hostage. She got off her pegasus and opened the door coyly as the two other girls slowly mosey into the house.

What fate befell them out of the blue? Vanessa had no clue. She looks up at the sky and she recognized it was a bit dimmer than usual. Jake was waiting for her, and there was no time to waste.

Vanessa

The flight was smooth -- danger still remains, but no harm is done, for now. She should be on her way back to the mobile group she left minutes ago, but what's taking her so long? Was she having a little chat with them or did something got in the way?

Among the dangerous-looking weaponry showcased decoratively on the walls, her gaze is directed toward something reddish green, somewhat round, and stacked in large quantity. Must've been collected and put to sell by the owner of the shop, whom Jake refer to as Anna, and truth be told, she was trying to contain her hunger the whole time. It's tempting to just take them out and have a bite already, especially when the merchant is nowhere to be found, she concluded after peering about the place trying to find her. But is it really the right thing to do? The thought crossed her mind, that it's very uncharacteristic of her to do something anyone would forbid. If only she didn't lose her money on the way, she could've paid a sum and left a note.

In the end, Vanessa sits on the saddle and prepares to lift off after disposing of the leftovers. They do satisfy her, at the price of bearing guilt and shame. Maybe Anna would be so kind to forgive her, but that won't be happening anytime soon considering her ongoing situation -- missing in action, of unknown cause. She makes a mental note about paying her later, now en routing toward the darkening spiral of clouds as instructed by Jake.

Jake

Jake saw Vanessa returning to his crew, a bit satiated from food that he didn’t know about. “Vanessa, that took you a while, didn’t it? Do you think everyone’s ready yet?”

Jake, for a short moment, put his attention to Lim, who’s still dumbfounded about Vanessa’s ride. “Were you staring at her pegasus when she left and when she returned? Pegasi are basically horses with wings in layman’s terms. You did say something about a ‘flying horse’ a while ago, right?”

Vanessa

"Yes, as it should be." She continued, "Though I couldn't find Anna anywhere, I'm sure they'll be fine."

Lim

"I see, so it's the same thing." He adjusted his glasses and moved on, "Well, there's nothing to do in here. Fill me in, where are we going?"

Jake

“Oh, didn’t catch me saying it the first time? It’s a dock that could take us to Aliese. I assume that there’s a sailor of some sorts who can take us there. Don’t worry, I probably have the pay. Surely no one at the coastal town should be hurt right?”

Jake made a “come with me” gesture and the whole army was beginning the trek.

Chapter 2: 6 Degrees of Chaos

Half an hour later...

‘So far, so good.” Jake thought. His hopes were broken when the town of Paralia seemed to be ravaged. “Did the storm pass through here or something?”

Off to the side is a woman with a bandana slicing a blob of gelatinous properties into half. Strands of scarlet hair were poking out. She noticed a gang coming through the town’s entrance and rushed off to talk to Jake.

“How the hell did you end up with a motley crew, eh? Seems like you got through a jam. Anyways, what’s your name?”

Jake sweat drops as he said his name curtly.

“Name’s Eris. Retired pirate. I’ve been keeping track of these ships since the captain I used to work with became missing. What do you want?”

The humble archer grabbed a sack of gold. “We’re here for a trip to Aliese.”

Eris snatched the sack. “Oh, hey. Not bad for a second-timer. That’s my incentive. I’ll take you there, but don’t expect me to provide a two-way trip.”

“Okay then, I guess,” Jake huffed. Eris used a “come here” gesture to let Jake’s bunch of misfits to follow her. Then they arrived at the wooden ship. The humans that came from the real world had little to no interactions with wooden ships like the one.

Eris looks towards the shaking sea. “A rough forest of waves ahead. Can’t expect a safe trip, but anything for money, no?” Eris then runs to the ship to get on the deck. The others followed suit.

When the ship starts its tough journey, Jake sits with the three strange people that had arrived as soon as a book fell from the sky. The humans from the real world were busy interacting with the troops from similar worlds like Jake’s own.

Dolce looked a bit sad, then raised her head up when Jake asked a question. “Who’s the doll you call Pico? How can we find it? No one in Levfia has a doll collection as far as I can tell. I feel like there’s a serious reason why you need it back.”

(OOC Note: didn't expect for post length to jump to this level after a short post drought of some sorts)

Dolce

Dolce was very much in a state of disarray. Pico was missing, she was separated from Lest, everything suddenly turned upside down for her. She was almost on the verge of tears, when she heard a voice directed at her.

"A doll...? Pico isn't a doll. She's... A ghost. She's tied to my spirit, and I have no idea where she is. If we're separated for too long, then... She'll vanish, forever."

Dolce cradled her head in her hands, as she spoke, trying to keep herself calm. "Pico has been with me since I was a young girl. We were always together. Even when I turned myself into a catalyst for Rune Energy, to keep Lady Ventuswill alive and well, she never strayed far from the Obsidian Mansion. If it weren't for Pico, enlisting Lest's help, I would probably still be that... Hideous, marionette beast."

Gimli

"Don't worry yeself, lass. I would say no time will pass between when we all left our worlds and when we return. Granted, me elf friend Legolas could wait an eternity for my return, but that is neither here nor there. In time, all of us will be somewhere even less familiar than here, so let's take things easy while we can.

Raven

Raven climbed up to the crows nest of the small ship. He had only sailed 4 times, and all on the same ship, but there wasn't that much difference between Fargus' vessel and Eris', at least in his mind. "I'll let you all know if I see anything. I know from experience the seas are rife with seedy characters, like pirates and strange individuals. We must have caution about us.

Dolce

"You claim that time won't pass as fast, between here, and there? How can you be so sure? How fast do you predict time will flow?"

Gimli's reassurance did nothing to help her calm down. Deep down, she was still panicking. If she didn't get back in time, then... Pico will be gone. Forever. It could just be a couple of minutes — It could be an hour — It could be a day. She didn't know, and she didn't want to find out.

Edited by 「Nil」

Jake

The assumed widower looks at Dolce with concern. “A ghost? If you think she’s real, then are you linked to her by any chance? Think of it like a master-and-servant contract. It could be possible that—”

A gale of wind smacked Jake in the face.

Eris

Eris was at the steering wheel of the ship, about to lose control. Wild waves were crashing down on the ship as the rain starting to get heavier.

The pirate looked a bit dazed from her focus on navigation. “We’re under fire, I don’t know how much longer this ship will take!”

If the ocean made one smart move, the ship would fall apart. Her panic had a purpose.

Lim

When Jake said that he would bring them a free sail to 'somewhere', somehow, Lim expected that the place they were visiting firsthand would be a bustling market filled with loud crowds of merchants and traders from overseas. The thought once deadpanned him, replaced by a cautious sense upon contact with something weird among the dilapidated structures, only to return back during the voyage he is taking.

"So this is how it feels like to seafare the blues..." He sighed, "Man, this is so boring. All I can see is nothing but water, and the way this ship sways makes me dizzy..." Just before he is about to lean over the wooden walls of the cabin, he feels something plummeting, small but massive, followed with crackling sound of lightning, "Oh, what now?! That's it, I'm staying inside."

Vanessa

Amidst the storm the ship is currently facing, Vanessa seems to be worried by two things; she no longer finds her mount sheltered by the eaves of the ship, and how the waves raving the hull judging by the constant sway of the ship. At one side, her fur would get wet, it'd do no good if it gets too heavy for her to fly should there be unexpected onset in their wake -- a feeling not dissimilar with the battle between mobile-flight monsters on their way to Taizel. To a lesser concern, there are chances that the ship won't be able to keep bracing the seas. She'd be alright, but what of those who couldn't swim nor fly? Are dories enough to keep hold should it happen?

Raven

Raven climbs down from the crow's nest. He could no longer see for very far, and he risked being struck by lightning at such a high place. He saw Gimli at the base of the mast. "This is going to be a big one, my friend! Is our robed friend alright?"

Gimli

" Aye, he is in the hold. Although I fear we may join him if the storm worsens. We must hold fast until the storm passes. " Gimli planted his axe into the floor of the ship, trying to keep balanced, though his short but muscular legs certainly didn't lack for balance on their own.

Dolce

Dolce was rocked, and thrown around with the boat. She had experience with airships, and had even rode one in the midst of a storm, to stop the Sechs Empire, but she'd never been on a seafaring ship. And the rough waves got to her. She began to feel sick. Really sick.

William

William himself, was not used to ships either. He'd always kept to dry land. It made him feel safer than just floating aimlessly on the deep blue. "What's going on...?!" He couldn't even get lost in his thoughts, during this weather. And he could get lost in his thoughts, in a lot of situations.

Brady

Out of the trio, Brady was the only one with experience with seafaring. Sailing back and forth between Ylisse, and Valm, really hardened him up, and while such rough weather could affect him too, he was ready to provide assistance, if needed. ...Which, most of the current party could probably use. Especially Dolce.

Jake

Jake had a slight headache. “Ugh, Eris was right, this sea is a little too rough.” Maybe I can…

Eris belted out a curse. Just before he could react, a rather large tsunami tackled Jake down onto the wooden floor under him.

════════════════════════

3 hours later…

The archer opened his eyes and felt something funny in his mouth. He spat out a shrimp. “How did that get there? Something must’ve— crap.”

The boat that Eris had been driving was now broken into many wooden boards. It felt like the sun was rising… if the purple tempest hadn’t blotted out the placid sky back on the main island. Jake’s cohorts were there on the shore, just not in the best shape.

Eris barely got up. “Is the… ship okay?”

Jake shook his head. Eris replied, “Shit. That means I have to repair it sooner or later. Don’t think I have time now. We’re just not far away from that fortress. I can barely make out violet lightning bolts coming from the sky to smite us.” She was directing Jake’s attention to a rapidly rushing river.

In his mind, the clueless archer was thinking, “Could that lead us to the fortress she was talking about?”

Eris looks back at the vessel she had fond memories of as a rogue, not unlike an Edward Drake of the real world where Kyodaina, Chuks, and the others lived in. She needed her attention.

Eris talked to Jake a moment before leaving. “I need to go head the direction you aren’t going in. There’s a smaller seaside town that could help me repair the corvette I just took you on. Take it easy, squirt.”

She took up her axe and walked towards what should be a more unkempt patch of land.

Jake needed to act quick. The storm had to go, one way or another. Just as he sees a well-worn road to his right, rain falls onto Aliese. Maybe the army will wake up to the showers.

Hours has gone past ever since seawater breached the sinking insides. The shoreline is brim with wooden parts, planks, and people turned castaways. One thing certain, is that sailing truly isn't for everyone.

"Graah!" The rage-induced voice signifies an overt rise of a buried man, dampened by the open windy atmosphere that almost swallowed them whole. He could feel the heavy debris trapping him loosening thanks to the help given by the green-haired girl. Supported by hand, he stand unsteady among the fallen parts of the ship, falling weak on the white sands with heavy wet legs and clothes, spitting out saltwater with a wry expression seeking blame. His eyeglasses is now far from being usable, yet anything beyond him is still visible.

"A free pirate tour to a land of 'somewhere!' That's some good stuff right there! Right there!" Removing the shoelaces to go on barefoot, Lim continues, "Now, whose goddamn idea was it, to sail when a friggin' storm is still stirring up, like it begs us to come and then drown us down?!"

"Now now," Vanessa responds, "you have the right to be mad, but indignation solves nothing. Let's get ourselves to help the others, alright?"
"Nah, I'm good." He enters himself in a small cove, "I'll be honest that I didn't expect you to be able to carry these off. Not like that I don't want to help, I'm just not that great with muscles and I feel sore."
"I see." She turns herself away, "I won't force you. Relieve yourself a bit, you can always lend us a hand later."