Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Yeah, it's less about the role being broken in this game (which I don't think it was FWIW; now that I know the setup, the balance seems fine), and more a uh personal thing.  I don't think either of them getting lynched would ever happen unless I persuaded Marth onto them.

Obviously Reinhardt had an Attack Boon, was merged to +10, buffed by Hone Cavalry and two Goad Cavalry, and procced Dragon Fang.

Fair enough on that. Like I said, it was inspired by the lovers role in SFMM2, except I did not want to deal with either of them becoming third party and felt that giving them a kill was the best way to make them different from traditional masons. That, or having the other kill themselves on the following night, which I considered but that's probably even more unfun to roll.

That doesn't explain why he can't kill Xander though

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Refa said:

Oh right, forgot to ask.  Just curious as to why you were scumreading me.  Asking for a friend because I'll definitely never roll scum after this game again.

When you're scum, you sound more distant.

Also, you said (with regards to Michelaar): "Faked slips are planned, and this obviously wasn't".

I immediately thought that you were saying the truth here (correct me if I'm wrong), but it seemed like you were saying this from the point of view of someone who knew for sure, rather than from someone who just thinks this way.

18 minutes ago, Refa said:

This one is definitely me but I don't really like random roles.

It's not just you. I'm not too bothered by this one because of flavour, though.

35 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

When you're scum, you sound more distant.

Also, you said (with regards to Michelaar): "Faked slips are planned, and this obviously wasn't".

I immediately thought that you were saying the truth here (correct me if I'm wrong), but it seemed like you were saying this from the point of view of someone who knew for sure, rather than from someone who just thinks this way.

Oh, good catches.

It's not that you can't have both an Empowerer and a Safeguard, it's just kind of like if you have a Doctor and then also a Bodyguard. They both do the same thing but one is just flat-out better, so having both is weird. I don't think I would have made a different choice. I do think I got too focused on the numbers and the fact that a no lynch didn't delay the loss though. It would have been smarter to no lynch just so that Bartozio would have been able to empower FK to get a cop result.

tbh I didn't even think Bartozio was scum until some time after the Empowerer claim; I just basically compromised and voted him as the best of a bunch of options I was all unsure about. In some other games I might have defaulted to a no lynch in that scenario but since that same philosophy worked out on D1 with the Michelaar lynch I was like "you never know maybe it'll happen again"

game wasn't imbalanced or anything but I just think the random JoaT was a bad role. It's not necessarily a bastard role but I wouldn't have it except in a bastard game.

Hmmm. . .

I like a bit of randomness, but I do like a little bit of warning, too.  Perhaps something like "red orb: Investigative (you will receive some sort of result), green orb: protective", etc.?

This was a lot of fun to read.  Now go join Prims' game!  'cept for me, I'm too damn busy.