Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Pika_pika42 said:

Ok as I sent this message to Oboro last night, I will share it with the public too.

My suspicions are on Refa now since I think they are the only one who have not claimed their role (atleast I don't remember their claim) while everyone else's roles have been claimed and proven to a certain extent.

My 2nd suspicion is on Green Poet as their Ascetic Insomniac role seems a bit scummy.

Did anyone target me last night?

1 minute ago, Pika_pika42 said:

Mackc2 even your action has failed? Mine too.

???????

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Your action failed is all I got 

FWIW, this is the same message that I got as well.

I did not receive a message, and I don't have an action. Let's see what we have so far...

- Refa tried to redirect Proto to Marth, reported that the action failed.
- Mack tried to target Refa, reported that the action failed.
- Pika tried to target Proto, reported that the action failed.

I don't want to consider the possibility of a mass roleblock, but it's very difficult to explain these events otherwise. Even if one of these three are lying scum. Maybe Mack safeguarded me, but they claimed to have targeted Refa, so unless they're lying, that doesn't work out. And I trust Mack more than any other living player (sorry, Marth, a tree stump ain't alive) right now, so I'm not going to delve into Scum!Mack.

If scum was responsible for the mass roleblock, I would guess that they weren't affected by it. If so, Scum!Pika would have to consciously idle their Courier, but their behavior today so far seems like they legitimately tried to send a message and it failed. I don't think they're lying about that. Refa opening up with asking Mack if he targeted him also feels genuine, but less so, because I can see Refa pulling this off. In any case, we're not getting any info from role results, so we'll just have to rely on our scumreads today.

##Vote: Green Poet

I liked your D1 content, but you've been actively lurking since then, and rarely popped in to contribute. Your contributions have also been limited to really safe wagons, which seem like you're just trying to go with the flow as opposed to genuinely scumhunting.

(btw everybody else, this vote puts her at L-2, so please don't bring it to L-1)

I would like to say that Green Poet is the most likely buddy for Junko among the alive players.

Proto being Mafia Mason/Dayvig/Persuader/Roleblocker is just too much power in one role.

Mack being scum makes no sense given a)He claimed something that would've got his buddy lynched when he could've faked something bad to get FK lynched instead. b)Randomizer doesn't sound like a fake at all and also doesn't really have a lot going for it to be useful to scum. c)Bias but I've been townreading him the entire game.

Refa actually DOES have things that would point towards Refa/Junko as buddies, like how he never committed to a Junko townread per se but was always passively against his lynch. HOWEVER, trying to get you buddy lynched D2 by faking your vote being persuaded to him and almost lynching him on D2 when your other buddy got lynched the previous day is just terrible, I mean Junko wasn't even confident in faking reads after D1. Also I don't see scum!Refa agreeing to do this. Also, Junko and Refa not agreeing to bus Michelaar reads as a confused scum plan and I'm not sure if scum would've played like this.

I need to find that BBM post where he talks about Pika's unvote coming from scum as bad because I think that's a good point. Granted I have nothing to support a Town!Pika but yeah.

GP and Junko just never said anything about each other which is most likely to come from scum since scum want to distance themselves. Also she never really followed up on her reads after D2 and her Refa case was bad.

So I just read over Junks role description and that is some pretty strong evidence that GP might be scum, so they are clearly an insomniac (Or whatever role lets you night talk) and they where claiming Asetic and I believed that because of the whole debacle on day one where I basically confirmed both him and refa's role. However Junk could have easily helped him fake that role, especially since she did not reveal Asetic until after Refa revealed his hijack targets. 

However there is a small role issue, if GP is mafia they have and insomniac persuader who can activate a (probably one shot) mass roleblock, which seems like one too many abilities. Unless they are some weird Jack of all trades but Loki already had that covered. Also analysing the usage of this mass roleblock if scum had a mass roleblock it would make most sense to use it N1 and leave town a man down with no new leads and likely lacking the communication to know they where all roleblocked. So If it is mafia the clear option is that it was activated by Junko's death (just any mafia death wouldn't change as Loki died D1) which would put GP as a mafia with two weak abilities and a powerful trump card.

1 minute ago, Pika_pika42 said:

But GP is actually Ascetic unless I was blocked on N2 as well.

My action failed on N2 as well as N3.

Did you target GP N2, I was unaware of this

We don't actually know for sure that Insomniac is multi-shot; she only spoke on N1. So Ascetic Roleblocker with a one-shot persuade/insominac is possible.

I mean it could also be that Refa was lying about his redirects from the start and that he is a roleblocker but yeah. There would also be the whole claiming hijacker when the game wasn't massclaiming and then revealing to be altnight hijacker which doesn't make sense as scum.

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

also one other thing, an asetic mafia, a mafia who can block anyone from visiting a user and a godfather. How useless did they want to make the cop?

That too considering it wasn't even a normal cop but a colourblind alignment cop.

2 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Proto being Mafia Mason/Dayvig/Persuader/Roleblocker is just too much power in one role.

Mack being scum makes no sense given a)He claimed something that would've got his buddy lynched when he could've faked something bad to get FK lynched instead. b)Randomizer doesn't sound like a fake at all and also doesn't really have a lot going for it to be useful to scum. c)Bias but I've been townreading him the entire game.

Refa actually DOES have things that would point towards Refa/Junko as buddies, like how he never committed to a Junko townread per se but was always passively against his lynch. HOWEVER, trying to get you buddy lynched D2 by faking your vote being persuaded to him and almost lynching him on D2 when your other buddy got lynched the previous day is just terrible, I mean Junko wasn't even confident in faking reads after D1. Also I don't see scum!Refa agreeing to do this. Also, Junko and Refa not agreeing to bus Michelaar reads as a confused scum plan and I'm not sure if scum would've played like this.

I need to find that BBM post where he talks about Pika's unvote coming from scum as bad because I think that's a good point. Granted I have nothing to support a Town!Pika but yeah.

GP and Junko just never said anything about each other which is most likely to come from scum since scum want to distance themselves. Also she never really followed up on her reads after D2 and her Refa case was bad.

Keep in mind that there's nothing that points to Persuader being more than a 1-shot.  I can get why scum wouldn't want to use it yesterday, but they definitely could have used it on D2 to hammer Bartozio (especially when not doing so would result in town getting an extension) if it had more uses.  It's also not *YLO today, which means that either scum doesn't have a full time persuader or that they can't persuade in *YLO.  Also there's nothing that proves a full time Roleblocker exists either (or ANY Roleblocker), considering Junk's role*.  The simplest/likeliest scenario is that Junk targeted whoever BBM targeted on Night 1 (which could be Proto, but that's not important) and Proto on Night 2 (which would explain why FK's action failed).  The latter could be WIFOM, but it'd be pretty brazen for scum to WIFOM in that scenario instead of going for the safest play and protecting his buddy.  What made me doubt this was that it seemed weird for scum to have a BPV role if the only kills are coming from scum, but it makes sense if Town!Prims gets the vig when Proto dies.

##Vote: Proto

Agreed on Mackc2 on all accounts.

FTR, I was townreading Junk until the latter half of D2 (because he could have changed his vote to Pika and didn't), but w/claims + dayvigs, most other people read as townier to me.

Can you link that post?  I remember that post too but I'm too lazy to sift through his posts without ISO's (thanks, new SF!).  It was the main reason I'm not bothered by him because he hasn't really contributed much since then.

I can get where you're coming from WRT GP but Proto bothers me more.  *Also if you're assuming a full time Roleblocker, then Ascetic + Roleblocker + 1x Mass Roleblocker (assuming this is 1x because otherwise scum would have used it earlier on, and it's definitely not town because it didn't block the kill) + 1x Persuade is ridiculously powerful too.

12 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Did they mention who their target was because that target may have just been Xander'd 

FK said they targeted Proto on N2.

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

also one other thing, an asetic mafia, a mafia who can block anyone from visiting a user and a godfather. How useless did they want to make the cop?

Cop would still be pretty powerful because it could clear two townies at once.

There was definitely a mass roleblock in play last night right? I can't see any other explanation. But the same point could be raised about Proto, if he is mafia then he is a 1x dayvig, 1x mass roleblocker, 1x Persuader, neighbour which is pretty crazy too I would say Jack of all trades but all his abilities are day abilites unless there are 2 more mafia left