The Irony

Icelerate

Have you guys noticed how some people are fans of Soren but at the same time dislike Sothe because his character revolves around Micaiah even though the same could be said of Soren if you replace Micaiah with Ike. Not saying you have to be fans of both characters but that type of reasoning is hypocritical.  

Edited by Icelerate

49 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .and what is the point of this topic?

. . .and what is the point of this post?

Anyway, the point of this topic is that we should all try to be consistent with our criticisms. Criticisms are good but inconsistency is bad. It weakens your own points with faulty contrived arguments. 

Edited by Icelerate

Soren and Sothe are different characters. So are Ike and Micaiah.
As a consequence, the relationship Soren and Ike have is different from the relationship Sothe and Micaiah have.
They are similar, yes, but not the same.

Sothe is literally introduced in PoR looking for Micaiah. That's his whole reason for being in the game. In RD, his character is even more Micaiah-focused.
Soren is very devoted to Ike, yes, but he has a place in the Greil Mercenaries and in the story that is more independent from Ike than Sothe's place in the story is from Micaiah.

I don't have any problem with either Soren or Sothe or their relationships with Ike and Micaiah, but saying it's hypocritical to dislike Sothe for his relationship with Micaiah while liking Soren isn't sound.

28 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

. . .and what is the point of this post?

Anyway, the point of this topic is that we should all try to be consistent with our criticisms. Criticisms are good but inconsistency is bad. It weakens your own points with faulty contrived arguments. 

To figure out whether I should close the topic or not.

And since the point of this topic is literally to be negative, then I'm going to close it.  I have had enough complaints in the Warriors subforum.  I don't need them here, too.