• Alice
    • Koiuya
    • Alex
    • Miguel
    • George
    • Ellyn
    • Sid

XT7Mv1k.png

I started this hack around the start of december, since I don't have much time on PC, the progress is kinda slow.

Story: In the Melgen continent, there are two very powerfull countries, they're Arcadia and Petos, Arcadia suddenlly started to invade other countries, even though king Arcadio and King Petos are on good terms with each other, so wat's the reason that made king Arcadio suddenlly attack it's neighbors?

Follow the story of Izarck, as he makes his path from a simple squire to a famous Hero.

Features: No bandit chapters!

New items.

New icons for new items.

Some new classes.

18 chapters as of now(counting the prologue, chapter 4x and chapter 14x)

Some new music.

New mugs.

New events.

New maps.

New custom battle animations.

Some screenshots:

Olds:

IXRWrqL.png0nkigDo.pngtNW9gQU.png

5AqVW1x.pngP4bK7zM.pngNc1AHuj.png

EBEyYa5.png66bs2YU.pngmn0EUAZ.png

OfrrfNE.pngcE0Zo6g.pngKR9DnEZ.png

6IWKRgr.pngwuCVHKz.pngQVFacBW.png

Recent:

rbo937G.pngaCNCz05.pngPgdlnid.png3eUf7be.png1pjR2Df.pngGnUXuqH.pngNTWMJEb.pngRmc8b6Z.pngFPexNvU.pngQvu7SMm.pngWqpcdx0.png34MU8u3.pngFeIzORL.pngcwoGhni.pngGi6FJx7.pngaI0J7H3.pngdOHi8tH.png51Jg8Ss.png

tisMmnH.pngvD2ctmM.png3DjDI8E.pngNu6Cbfm.pngSrLUFB9.png

Even newer:

y3fORiq.png39uVA7n.pngMw2DPNs.pngqnEhwIU.png

8q1YNjo.pngZLYET5k.pngqoHj4sJ.pngFXimLoX.png

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p62u8li7pdnozpi/Izarck+Quest+UPS+NEW.ups

Update notes:

Chapter 11-15 Created

Some mugs, that previously were only recolors, were swapped to splices.

Known issues and gliches:

Lamp sword use effect works properly but it crashes the game if used right after resuming a chapter. Make sure to always savestate before using it's use effect.

By grammar isn't the best, if someone could help with it would be of great help.

The same can be said about my mugs.

Credits:

Eventer:

Yang Kai

Mapper:
Yang Kai

GraphicsCredits:
Mugs:
Yang Kai
NickT
Gradivus0
Knight Resource

Battle Animations:
Yang Kai(Izarck Squire, Leticia, Succubus)
Mage Knight404(Alternate Fighter)
The Blind Archer(Armored Brigand)

Michaiah (BladeMaster)
Marshall Sage (Spud)
Female Soldier (Dr0zz)
Female Monk (Teraspark)
HoodLess Shaman (Temp)
IDK:
Female Civillian
Emperor
TrueBlade

Map Sprites:
Yang Kai(Squire, Armored Brigand)
Female Monk (Teraspark)
IDK:
TrueBlade
Emperor
Axe Cavalier

Class Cards:
Yang Kai(Female Nomad)
IDK(All other female cards)

Songs:
All ripped from ROMs using Zahlman Song Editor,
with Sappy being used to find the Header and
GBA2midi when the ROM wasn't compatible with Sappy.

Tutorials:
Ultimate Tutorial by Blazer.
Arch Event tutorial.
Blazer Tutorial on adding new items.

Programs:
HxD Hex Editor
Event Assembler
Nightmare by lots of people
FEditor by Xeld and Hextator
GBAGE
MAR array inserter
FE Map
FE Recolor
BS Palette assembler
Sappy
Zahlman Song Editor
Usenti
GM8.1 Sprite Editor
GBA2Midi
NUPS

Huh, this appeared out of no where. Considering most new concepts never make it out of concepts, this is a surprise. Congrats on the work. There is a depository of free sprites you can use as long you give credit. You can recolor some of those mugs to match the scheme of yours, or even splice some around. 

For those asking it's FE7.

I've played the first 3 chapters including the prologue and overall it's alright, the story has a couple of interesting hocks that I'm intrigued to see how they'll play out. Though the text seems very lopsided, this is seen during the first chapter as there's a lot of text to introduce all the characters and their traits. Then when you get to the recruitment it's only 4 text boxes. It seems very unequal for no real reason and I recommend you add at least a bit more to introduce Lya. I enjoyed the prologue and the characters were introduced well enough that I could get a grasp on who they are. 

Balance-wise base stats are unevenly disrupted among the characters, Maikon for example has lacking stats in all areas and has a pitifully low HP that I wouldn't dare to allow him to tank. For example Lya beats him out in all stats except defence which I think is odd, of course I don't know growth rates. I'm assuming Marshall is a Jagen type character thus not considering him. Maps are too big and don't have a lot of intractable terrain, it's a tad boring at times just moving your units all the time. Shrinking down the map or increasing the enemies that move would alleviate this problem.

While I'll may be nitpicking replacing the enemies that don't move with 0 mov will help the player to plan accordingly. Please give the heroes in the prologue hand axes so you can't cheese them with the ranged characters you have. Buff Vincent a bit, maybe con or speed so he doesn't get doubled if he uses the brave lance against Yang Kai. The Draco bow has the brave description but not the brave effect and in my opinion Zero and Mandy should have a A-support to emphasis the married part. Also my ore technical and nit picky try to change Zero to the leader of the player army for the first map as Izarck is still considered the leader.  Also shouldn't Yang Kai have battle quotes against the heroes? Also Chapter 2, Liriana will always heal someone even if they are at full health. This results in No Damage on No Animations but plays the full animation if you have them turned on. If you need some hacking help ask around in the forum or go the rom_hacking part in the discord chat.

Continuing to nitpick capitalisation for song titles and chapter names so far don't seem like titles, for example Cogs of Destiny. The C and the D are capitalised. So changing chapter 3's name with this would be Night of Ambushes. Just nitpicking I know so I'm sorry if I come across as a bit mean. There are some spelling mistakes as well so please look through that, for example the ful at the end of powerful. This occurs a couple of times in the prologue. OverLord to Overlord, Water bolt to Water Bolt (like Dire Thunder in heroes. Is what I would say but since FE7 doesn't capitalise weapons such as Iron axe I don't know what to say, I'd leave this up to your judgement), shipp to ship. I know English isn't your first language so I wrote some down whilst playing.

Since the only custom weapon I have so far is the Water Bolt it gave me a very Tharcia feeling considering how powerful it is, being a pref weapon and has many uses which I enjoyed. Also despite all my critique I enjoyed what I played so far, this hack definitely isn't difficult but I enjoyed playing through the chapters and not worrying too much about characters dying and all that. Hope I don't come across as too angry and congrats for all the work you've made so far. Making a hack with quite a couple of chapters is no small feat. 

Edited by Galactaray

On 05/10/2017 at 5:14 PM, Galactaray said:

For those asking it's FE7.

I've played the first 3 chapters including the prologue and overall it's alright, the story has a couple of interesting hocks that I'm intrigued to see how they'll play out. Though the text seems very lopsided, this is seen during the first chapter as there's a lot of text to introduce all the characters and their traits. Then when you get to the recruitment it's only 4 text boxes. It seems very unequal for no real reason and I recommend you add at least a bit more to introduce Lya. I enjoyed the prologue and the characters were introduced well enough that I could get a grasp on who they are. 

Balance-wise base stats are unevenly disrupted among the characters, Maikon for example has lacking stats in all areas and has a pitifully low HP that I wouldn't dare to allow him to tank. For example Lya beats him out in all stats except defence which I think is odd, of course I don't know growth rates. I'm assuming Marshall is a Jagen type character thus not considering him. Maps are too big and don't have a lot of intractable terrain, it's a tad boring at times just moving your units all the time. Shrinking down the map or increasing the enemies that move would alleviate this problem.

While I'll may be nitpicking replacing the enemies that don't move with 0 mov will help the player to plan accordingly. Please give the heroes in the prologue hand axes so you can't cheese them with the ranged characters you have. Buff Vincent a bit, maybe con or speed so he doesn't get doubled if he uses the brave lance against Yang Kai. The Draco bow has the brave description but not the brave effect and in my opinion Zero and Mandy should have a A-support to emphasis the married part. Also my ore technical and nit picky try to change Zero to the leader of the player army for the first map as Izarck is still considered the leader.  Also shouldn't Yang Kai have battle quotes against the heroes? Also Chapter 2, Liriana will always heal someone even if they are at full health. This results in No Damage on No Animations but plays the full animation if you have them turned on. If you need some hacking help ask around in the forum or go the rom_hacking part in the discord chat.

Continuing to nitpick capitalisation for song titles and chapter names so far don't seem like titles, for example Cogs of Destiny. The C and the D are capitalised. So changing chapter 3's name with this would be Night of Ambushes. Just nitpicking I know so I'm sorry if I come across as a bit mean. There are some spelling mistakes as well so please look through that, for example the ful at the end of powerful. This occurs a couple of times in the prologue. OverLord to Overlord, Water bolt to Water Bolt (like Dire Thunder in heroes. Is what I would say but since FE7 doesn't capitalise weapons such as Iron axe I don't know what to say, I'd leave this up to your judgement), shipp to ship. I know English isn't your first language so I wrote some down whilst playing.

Since the only custom weapon I have so far is the Water Bolt it gave me a very Tharcia feeling considering how powerful it is, being a pref weapon and has many uses which I enjoyed. Also despite all my critique I enjoyed what I played so far, this hack definitely isn't difficult but I enjoyed playing through the chapters and not worrying too much about characters dying and all that. Hope I don't come across as too angry and congrats for all the work you've made so far. Making a hack with quite a couple of chapters is no small feat. 

Thank you so much for the critiques. :)

On 06/10/2017 at 4:27 AM, goldy007 said:

Its been an awesome hack so far. After saving on Chapter 12, Chapter 13 does not work & develops some glitches. I  can only see Lya & her brother talking & then it crashes.

Thank you. :)

Ooops, I messed up when I was compiling my project files and inserted the events over the maps, sorry,

Update, fixed the glitch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/058z8tjgxcf2uh8/Izarck+Quest+UPS+NEW+2.ups

Edited by Yang Kai

8 hours ago, Yang Kai said:

Thank you so much for the critiques. :)

Thank you. :)

Ooops, I messed up when I was compiling my project files and inserted the events over the maps, sorry,

Update, fixed the glitch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/058z8tjgxcf2uh8/Izarck+Quest+UPS+NEW+2.ups

I saw your animations on youtube a while back. I was looking at custom animations to see if I could find some good ones and play the hack they belonged to. Love the game so far. Only really big critiques I have is clean the story text up, cleaning up mugs and matching sprites to mugs (some sprites have a different skin color than the mugs). Biggest pluses for me: Love the animations and I always love custom classes. 

Also I have 0 hacking exp, but I'm a journalism major so my grasp on grammar is pretty solid (I don't grammar check my posts so dont judge off them lol). If there is a way to send me the text in like a word doc or something I can probably spend about 2-3 hours a week and clean things up a bit if you don't get anyone who is willing to help.

One more thing, new 2 ups crashes my nups when I try to patch it, might need to check the patch.

Edited by UndeadAI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...