Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like the pairing myself, but that support was awful.

agreed. this is why i prefer M!Robin/Chrom. they totally botched the F!Robin/Chrom supports imo. still, the in game interactions do a lot of justice for it.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, if they made her a flying Manakete, since she has usable wings in her humanoid form, then how will she work regarding buffs? Would she be able to grab both Fortify Dragons and Hone/Fortify Fliers?

that sounds interesting, but i kind of don't want it to pan out that way, just because Flier buffs should be for...units who ride Pegasi/Wyverns/etc. however, i really do hope they do retain the fact that she can fly in human form and can move over forests, mountains and such. it's a pretty unique feature that differentiates Myrrh from other manaketes. and then there's Kurthnaga who also is one of the few flying dragon laguz (the only other one being his father, iirc), so i wonder what will happen with him as well. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm honestly surprised to see so many around the net thinking Nowi has an easy path out of Block B.

I think there's a real real chance Adult Tiki can beat her, and even if she doesn't, Female Corrin is more popular and will probably take her out.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I will be very surprised if he beats young Tiki. Male Corrin, for the most part, seems to be far less liked than his female counterpart (the degree to which I find ridiculous, they are the same character and they make the same stupid decisions) and isn't Corrin overall a rather divisive character?

In a more rational world, you would be absolutely correct. Sadly, Female Corrin somehow gets major popularity for 2 reasons.

1. Design- People like how she looks and that overcomes any problems people have with personality. Just look at Tharja or Camilla for that.

2. Basic sexism- There are people who don't mind Corrin's naivete and stupidity on a female character because some expect princessess to be meeker while expecting princes to be stronger, thus Male Corrin gets the blunt of hate.

Obviously, neither of these reflect my own views. As far as I can see, both versions of Corrin are stupid as heck regardless of design and deserve hate equally.

2 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I would have had such a good time, and there would have been a greater chance for him to not have to share a banner with other greens! ;v;

One day I will get to unleash him for his own team. One day....

Until then though I’ll just have to be content with forcing other people to use my Soren whenever I’m not on a green unit team.

In all honesty I’m still not sure how good of an idea having Soren in this gauntlet would have been simply because his dragon blood is so deeply buried in his own games. I know Heroes doesn’t care all that much about spoilers, but I think that might have been a bit overboard even for this. I’m really hoping we get a mage gauntlet round two for Soren to pop up in. Oo! Or a strategist gauntlet once a few more characters from that archetype get added. 

Who would be in a Stategist gauntlet though? We have the 2 Robins (although F Robin might not count since she's GHB and can't be summoned via a VG banner). Leo is a pragmatic strategist so he counts (another VG again lol). Maaaaybe Virion since he has a bit of knack with tactics in his support with Robin? Yukimura if he ever gets added?

Anyway looking for more friends for Team M Corrin :) Number is 3013825616

Edited by mcsilas

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Who would be in a Stategist gauntlet though? We have the 2 Robins (although F Robin might not count since she's GHB and can't be summoned via a VG banner). Leo is a pragmatic strategist so he counts (another VG again lol). Maaaaybe Virion since he has a bit of knack with tactics in his support with Robin? Yukimura if he ever gets added?

Dammit no more Leo. I don't even technically dislike him but I'm going to flip a table if he gets into another gauntlet. Also, if Leo counts as a "strategist" then Takumi should too, by virtue of supports showing that he does like strategy games like shogi.

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

In the three minutes of thought I gave it I was thinking one of the Robins, Soren, Innes (admittedly I am entirely going off of his “regal strategition” thing. I haven’t played SS yet), Lewyn if and when he gets added, Leo (sorry @Sunwoo :P), maaaaaybe Roy (being the scholarly lord counts as tactition-like enough right?), Katarina, and Yukimura I guess I had kind of forgotten he existed until you mentioned him. Heh

If there's ever a strategist gauntlet, August needs to be be added as a unit so he can join in. I would support his team without a second thought.

56 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

1. Design- People like how she looks and that overcomes any problems people have with personality. Just look at Tharja or Camilla for that.

The only thing that makes me like Female Corrin (and Robin I suppose) more is her hair. I'm tired of all the male avatars getting short-and-messy hairstyles as their default. They're not all exactly the same, but at least it seems like they tried with the female defaults. How about a male avatar with long hair as his default? Even shorter than Kris's and Robin's? A flat top cut? A mullet? There are so many possibilities, and they've chosen the most boring and safe "anime protagonist" option every time. 

I actually don't mind the Corrins outside of their story roles. They're way more doofy than any other lord, and I respect that uniqueness. I like their designs for the most part too (except the bare feet thing is a little weird), although I'm not sure if I think they fit well as Fire Emblem designs.

32 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

In the three minutes of thought I gave it I was thinking one of the Robins, Soren, Innes (admittedly I am entirely going off of his “regal strategition” thing. I haven’t played SS yet), Lewyn if and when he gets added, Leo (sorry @Sunwoo :P), maaaaaybe Roy (being the scholarly lord counts as tactition-like enough right?), Katarina, and Yukimura I guess I had kind of forgotten he existed until you mentioned him. Heh

I guess if he isn't GHB, Iago might count.

Also I haven't played FE5 but I think Reinhardt mentioned a tactician friend or something?

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If there's ever a strategist gauntlet, August needs to be be added as a unit so he can join in. I would support his team without a second thought.

The only thing that makes me like Female Corrin (and Robin I suppose) more is her hair. I'm tired of all the male avatars getting short-and-messy hairstyles as their default. They're not all exactly the same, but at least it seems like they tried with the female defaults. How about a male avatar with long hair as his default? Even shorter than Kris's and Robin's? A flat top cut? A mullet? There are so many possibilities, and they've chosen the most boring and safe "anime protagonist" option every time. 

I actually don't mind the Corrins outside of their story roles. They're way more doofy than any other lord, and I respect that uniqueness. I like their designs for the most part too (except the bare feet thing is a little weird), although I'm not sure if I think they fit well as Fire Emblem designs.

Trying not to make this a gender thing but I just like Female Corrin's design way more because Male Corrin has boring hair/design options. Her default design is a lot more interesting, and I like her flowy hair (although I do like her short hair options). None of Male Corrin's hair options really do it for me, if he had some of Robin's short hair options then I'd warm up to him a bit more, I think. And yeah the bare feet thing is really odd to me overall- it's like they really want to stress that they can now put feet in the models, unlike Awakening!

That said, the Fe:W Hoshido Noble M!Corrin does look pretty neat at least. I just don't think the default design really suits M!Corrin. The hair sort of reminds me of a white-haired Inigo/Laswald so I kept mixing the two together in early game screenshots

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I guess if he isn't GHB, Iago might count.

Also I haven't played FE5 but I think Reinhardt mentioned a tactician friend or something?

Trying not to make this a gender thing but I just like Female Corrin's design way more because Male Corrin has boring hair/design options. Her default design is a lot more interesting, and I like her flowy hair (although I do like her short hair options). None of Male Corrin's hair options really do it for me, if he had some of Robin's short hair options then I'd warm up to him a bit more, I think. And yeah the bare feet thing is really odd to me overall- it's like they really want to stress that they can now put feet in the models, unlike Awakening!

That said, the Fe:W Hoshido Noble M!Corrin does look pretty neat at least. I just don't think the default design really suits M!Corrin. The hair sort of reminds me of a white-haired Inigo/Laswald so I kept mixing the two together in early game screenshots

Shoot, I forgot Saias exists in FE5. Now my August stands no chance to make it into a strategist gauntlet :(

To be honest, I don't remember most of their other hair options (I lost my copy of Fates along with my original 3DS a while ago), but since the default design is the one they constantly use for everything (for good reason, admittedly, since it is the default), the male hairstyles annoy me even more, especially in Heroes where I see them both fairly often. I also like Female Corrin's art in Heroes more than Male Corrin's, although I like his art more than Summer Corrin's, so I guess it evens out?

I really wanted to work that feet joke in somewhere, but I couldn't find a decent way to slip it in, so I just left it alone. I'm glad you achieved what I could not.

YES, he looks so much cooler with that design! I was surprised by how much I liked it when I saw it. And then Female Corrin's promotion just looked like her standard Nohr Noble design if I remember right, which is much less interesting. She's someone I may keep in her default outfit when I promote her. 

Also, I felt like there should be a secondary vote (Twitter poll maybe?) of who has the best dragon form design

I mean that leaves out Sophia, but it would be interesting to see the results

And we get orbs if the poll gets X number of retweets

I think Fae's chicken dragon form is the most unique and would get my vote

7 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I would have had such a good time, and there would have been a greater chance for him to not have to share a banner with other greens! ;v;

One day I will get to unleash him for his own team. One day....

Until then though I’ll just have to be content with forcing other people to use my Soren whenever I’m not on a green unit team.

In all honesty I’m still not sure how good of an idea having Soren in this gauntlet would have been simply because his dragon blood is so deeply buried in his own games. I know Heroes doesn’t care all that much about spoilers, but I think that might have been a bit overboard even for this. I’m really hoping we get a mage gauntlet round two for Soren to pop up in. Oo! Or a strategist gauntlet once a few more characters from that archetype get added. 

For strategist, we have Jeigan, Robin x2, Soren, Katarina, Leo (sorta), and they might be able to stretch to get a couple more.

As far as the Little Tiki v. Big Tiki vote split, I believe the latter will get more votes.

1. She's in Awakening, which is a game that most FE fans have played.

2. More accessible in-game.  I've summoned 4 A! versions, while I have yet to summon one Y! Tiki.

3. Lightning Breath >>> Flmetongue

Overall, I feel Female Corrin will win, because of her (bafflingly high) popularity and bc she won the Summer VG pretty easily.

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

2. Basic sexism- There are people who don't mind Corrin's naivete and stupidity on a female character because some expect princessess to be meeker while expecting princes to be stronger, thus Male Corrin gets the blunt of hate.

And yet, we loathe it when we get Celica and Eirika types. Although nobody complains about no naive males, since Marth, Roy, Leif, and Seliph all have a gentleness to them already. So the guys get the best of both worlds- strength and weakness relatively free of complaint.

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

They tried making Ike not an effete softie, he didn't sell. 

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

For strategist, we have Jeigan, Robin x2, Soren, Katarina, Leo (sorta), and they might be able to stretch to get a couple more.

Innes is said to be a good strategist, even though we never see him in action (he did blunt the Grado invasion of Frelia it is mentioned). Roy has a reputation as a strategist lord too. I haven't actually played FE6, but Merlinus certainly isn't composing the battle plans from looking over the script, and there is nobody else but Roy who could be doing it.

On that note, wonder how they'll handle Kris? They can use the default artwork for both appearances, but I wouldn't want them to both be sword infantry users. I'd take Fris as a Peg Knight instead (she can keep the sword, perhaps give her physical durability so she's not just a poor Elincia). Neither gets a personal weapon in NM, so mayhaps they could get the 4-5 downgrade.

57 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

As far as the Little Tiki v. Big Tiki vote split, I believe the latter will get more votes.

1. She's in Awakening, which is a game that most FE fans have played.

2. More accessible in-game.  I've summoned 4 A! versions, while I have yet to summon one Y! Tiki.

3. Lightning Breath >>> Flmetongue

Overall, I feel Female Corrin will win, because of her (bafflingly high) popularity and bc she won the Summer VG pretty easily.

There's two big reasons Adult Tiki might get more votes, as well.

Honestly, they should have had both TIkis and both Corrins go against each other in the first round.  It would prevent them from getting their votes split, but also prevent the weird possibility of a Tiki vs Tiki or Corrin vs Corrin final.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, we loathe it when we get Celica and Eirika types. Although nobody complains about no naive males, since Marth, Roy, Leif, and Seliph all have a gentleness to them already. So the guys get the best of both worlds- strength and weakness relatively free of complaint.

Innes is said to be a good strategist, even though we never see him in action (he did blunt the Grado invasion of Frelia it is mentioned). Roy has a reputation as a strategist lord too. I haven't actually played FE6, but Merlinus certainly isn't composing the battle plans from looking over the script, and there is nobody else but Roy who could be doing it.

On that note, wonder how they'll handle Kris? They can use the default artwork for both appearances, but I wouldn't want them to both be sword infantry users. I'd take Fris as a Peg Knight instead (she can keep the sword, perhaps give her physical durability so she's not just a poor Elincia). Neither gets a personal weapon in NM, so mayhaps they could get the 4-5 downgrade.

I'm not sure what you mean about Ike, his games didn't sell that well, but that may be more due to PoR coming out on one of the lowest selling Consoles towards the end of its lifespan and just getting no marketing in general.

I wouldn't mind Sword Peg Kristine.  For Kristopher, I'd like to see an Axe Cavalier.  I think his "canon" class was Cavalier, and even though Cavs don't get Axes in FE12, they've shown that "anything" classes can end up getting just about any weapon, to pull out the Faye example.

Maybe we could get an Avatar Banner with Mark, Fem Mark (does the FE7 female Mark have a different name?  Morgan would work, but that name's taken, as well as Marcia and Maria), and both Krisses

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure what you mean about Ike, his games didn't sell that well, but that may be more due to PoR coming out on one of the lowest selling Consoles towards the end of its lifespan and just getting no marketing in general.

His appearance as a whole distinctly does not cater to the Japanese ideals for a anime-ish protag. He's popular still, but if anything it's in spite of his appearance I think, especially his RD self. I should have been much clearer than that. My bad for being lazy.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe we could get an Avatar Banner with Mark, Fem Mark (does the FE7 female Mark have a different name?  Morgan would work, but that name's taken, as well as Marcia and Maria), and both Krisses

For Female Mark, Marsha is still open, that's close-ish. Phonetically, you can pronounce it the same as Marcia, but you can also pronounce Marcia "Mar-see-uh", so there goes that issue. For their appearances, making them hooded (the FE7 sprite doesn't show one, but we could add them) and hiding their actual appearances for the most part could let the duo be the closest we get to playable Kiran.

As for what to give the FE7 Tacticians in weapons, well they never fight in game, so they could be a bit creative and do something like Dagger Mark and Tome Marsha (if we ran with that name). In line with their more backline role. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

His appearance as a whole distinctly does not cater to the Japanese ideals for a anime-ish protag. He's popular still, but if anything it's in spite of his appearance I think, especially his RD self. I should have been much clearer than that. My bad for being lazy.

For Female Mark, Marsha is still open, that's close-ish. Phonetically, you can pronounce it the same as Marcia, but you can also pronounce Marcia "Mar-see-uh", so there goes that issue. For their appearances, making them hooded (the FE7 sprite doesn't show one, but we could add them) and hiding their actual appearances for the most part could let the duo be the closest we get to playable Kiran.

As for what to give the FE7 Tacticians in weapons, well they never fight in game, so they could be a bit creative and do something like Dagger Mark and Tome Marsha (if we ran with that name). In line with their more backline role. 

Maybe it's just the Strategist type casting, but I'd imagine both Marks having Tomes, with at least one of them being Red.  We need more viable 4* Tomes.  If they do end up giving Kristopher an Axe, they could give the other Mark a Blue Tome, so there isn't too much Color overlap.

12 minutes ago, Aera said:

Is Ninian about to pummel all the other dragons at this early of a stage? 

This has been said before, but SF is most certainly not an accurate representation of the FE fandom as a whole. Back in the first two gauntlets, a lot more people who hang around here supported Ephraim and Minerva than Lucina and Camilla respectively but, well, we all know how those gauntlets ended. Ninian might end up being the juggernaut for this one, but if F!Corrin's team is anything like it was back during the summer gauntlet then it'll probably be her instead.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On that note, wonder how they'll handle Kris? They can use the default artwork for both appearances, but I wouldn't want them to both be sword infantry users. I'd take Fris as a Peg Knight instead (she can keep the sword, perhaps give her physical durability so she's not just a poor Elincia). 

Female Chris (by Naga I refuse to use the K spelling) used a cavalier/peg knight portrait in the CYL poll, so I wouldn’t mind if she became a peg knight in Heroes.

I wouldn’t mind either or both of them being swords (I love swords and swordspeople) but variance is always good.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ike has the same hairstyle type as the male avatars, just with the addition of a headband. For that matter, isn't default Male Kris's design assumed to be based on Ike? I remember seeing that mentioned somewhere, along with default Female Kris being based on Mia. If any lord is the standout in hair, I'd say it's Marth, since his hair is much more straight compared to the messy spikes of everyone else, and he's got that iconic Royal Hairband. Actually, Seliph might be a better exception, with his ponytail and poofy bangs (and headband, before Ike did it!). Either way, they both seem to be much more popular in Japan compared to Ike, who just has that headband to make him "different"; surely there's room to experiment with an avatar eventually.

I assume you were referring to their personalities, but I care about more important things when it comes to characters. Clearly.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Female Chris (by Naga I refuse to use the K spelling) used a cavalier/peg knight portrait in the CYL poll, so I wouldn’t mind if she became a peg knight in Heroes.

I wouldn’t mind either or both of them being swords (I love swords and swordspeople) but variance is always good.

Seems like a great opportunity to take the best of both worlds and make her a sword flier. Sure, we just got Elincia, but she's still only our third one; more options couldn't hurt. All they would need to do is give her a different role to fill, since I highly doubt we'll be getting a better Brave Sword flier. Perhaps she could bring the Ladyblade is some fashion? And then give Phina the rapier that she deserves.

I wonder if they'd make any of their quotes reference those personality/background options from New Mystery, or if they would play it safe and stick with the whole "training is my life and I love Marth more than the air I breathe" thing.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What about Marcus?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't finished SoV yet so I can't say anything specific about Celica. But part of me thinks that Celica and Eirika get criticism partly because both of them are overshadowed by a male lord who is either "more badass" or "more flawless" or something like that. Meanwhile, only one of male or female Corrin exists in a playthrough at a time, and female Corrin has the self-insert and customizable factor to make up for her personality shortcomings. Plus ... if Eirika and Celica were actually male lords with their personalities, do you think they'd be better liked or hated more than their female selves?