Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

22 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

But if there were no multipliers, there would be no reason to have the gauntlet, you could just check the Choose your legends gauntlet for the results.

Not necessarily though, some characters like Reinhardt are now popular because of Heroes

And then there are the Echoes characters who would be much higher now that they have been redesigned thanks to SoV

Speaking of, I feel there was a bit of missed opportunity to do an Echoes-themed VG: Alm's Army vs Celica's Army.

So Alm, Lukas, Gray, Faye/Clair vs Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny/Saber.

Actually it would be more interesting if the Lords Alm and Celica aren't even there.

Also for Team Ninian, is it hard ranking in the last round? That's probably my main decision with Tiki vs. Ninian right now

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

But if there were no multipliers, there would be no reason to have the gauntlet, you could just check the Choose your legends gauntlet for the results.

Which is why introducing it as a popularity contest, and then trying to balance against that with arbitrary multipliers was a bad idea. If it was scored like the arena, and then the overall team score was the average, then popularity wouldn't matter, and multipliers wouldn't be needed... as much, at least.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Rank #1,457. Don't think that glitched multiplied round counted to my preview score. Awesome.

Well, Team Ninian, no hard feelings. So not hard, in fact, that I brought a little friend.

Hide contents

CO1FvAh.png

With Fortify Dragons, she can take on Brave Lyns up to +8. I'll leave you to figure the rest out.

I got her directly in my first fight where she laughed at a M!Robin and an Olwen. 

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I got her directly in my first fight where she laughed at a M!Robin and an Olwen. 

Your Elincia was quick to return the favour: Ninian and Galeforce gave her three moves to kill all three enemies Lyn, Ryoma and Brave Lyn.

Oh wow, I was not expecting both Y!Tiki and Nowi to lose. At the very least Ninian still won, and I got rank 255 for some nice feathers this round (who said only people on the losing team get lots of feathers?).

@ruruo What the hell did you guys do? I thought the plan was that you guys would weaken Tiki and then join us to deliver the final blow. Oh well, guess we'll just beat you guys up a little before recruiting you then.

42 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I have fought my first battle. Fae is out there.

Nice, time to start looking for her then. Glad to have you on our side now!

Also, I'm still sending out my Elincia now, but if people want something else, just say so.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Oh wow, getting victory feathers today as an A!Tiki supporter was something I didn't expect after Nowi generally had more points most of the time.

M!Corrin won huh? Well here's hoping the Y!Tiki supporters will join us against F!Corrin because we'll need all the help we can get against her.

I support this.

1 hour ago, Frenzify said:

I still hate the multiplier mechanics for it's sheer arbitrary nature. I still think the scores should be based on something like the arena, where performance matters, and the sheer number of the fans doesn't. I'm still glad that Tiki won, but it feels cheap. The gauntlet just doesn't even make sense anymore, with its arbitrary multiplier. And I still really don't want any Corrin to win, and will put aside my hate for the multiplier if it helps defeat them. Sorry Corrin fans.

Man, my banhammer's gonna be busy tonight. :P:

What metrics would "performance" have?  The beauty of the gauntlet is that I can throw in a character I just pulled, and guarantee a win because my friends are my power.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What metrics would "performance" have?  The beauty of the gauntlet is that I can throw in a character I just pulled, and guarantee a win because my friends are my power.

"The power of friendship can solve anything!"

Finished my first battle. How funny that one opponents was Ninian. Anyway, I really like my 5-star variation of Jakob. I know he's considered one of the worst units, but the debuffs have been so easy to utilize. As for winning this round Male Corrin will probably need a few multipliers.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"The power of friendship can solve anything!"

When there's five level 1 units and one level 40 unit on your side, you're gonna stomp. :P:

Bah, I didn't pick Corn because I wanted to win, I just wanted easy loosing feathers. Ninian must be popular enough to grant me loads of multipliers but win in the event so I can side with her in the end, right..?

One of the people ranked 1 is a guy named Rey with a Ninian lead.

... I don't think it's that Rey, though. Pretty sure it's not?

Damn Ninian. Calm down a little. You're making the rest of us look bad. :D

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Man, my banhammer's gonna be busy tonight. :P:

But... but where else will I let out my salt? :(

I never really had a problem with low levelled units scaling fights down, but when you put it like that it sounds kinda... I don't know. Amusing and wrong. To hell with friendship power!