Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 hour ago, kcirrot said:

I feel like I've made a terrible mistake.  I thought the finals would be a back and forth with multipliers and so went Ninian.  But Corrin is being beat hard.  Much harder than I would have expected.  I wonder if Ninian players are spamming flags now?

I have spent so far 0 flags (Team Ninian)... because i missed all multipliers if there were any??? dont know didnt pay much attention today. I mean seriously we are talking about Ninian!!! Comeing from (for most people) first and best Fire emblem games. F!Corrin doesnt stand a chance against that Legacy!

Edited by Hilda

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'm Ninian all the way!  I think I'm going to change to Masked!Marth+2  but if you need something different let me know.

I switched mine from Bunny!Chrom to Masked!Marth to help out, if you would like a different red or a colorless and I'll send my list of units again and you can choose a unit

Sweet! I'm fine with that as well, her healing was actually quite helpful in the first round. Plus I'll be using Ninian in matches for bonus points, so reds and greens sound perfect right now.

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

For me at least, its how Corrin has been represented outside of Fates. I will fully agree that Corrin was not great in Fates at all, male or female as there really is no difference. I dont think they were a terrible lord though, I think they could have been a decent lord, but that was pushed down for avatar pandering.

Something I have noticed though is when you take Corrin outside of their role as an Avatar, and write them as a legitimate character, they actually can be pretty interesting. Crown of Nibelung is a good example of this, its only up to what would be the equivalent of chapter 6 for Fates, but so far its been interesting to see her interaction with both families. They also handle her naivety a little better than it was in Fates. So far, she also isnt as much of an idiot that Corrin was in Fates. They go the route of Revelation, with a lot of their own changes along the way. But instead of Azura telling Corrin about all of what is going on, Corrin realizes that the attack on Hoshido wasnt by Nohr, that the swordsman that showed up used a style that was not Nohrian or Hoshidan. So as her two families are bickering over what side she should go with, she decides to go her own way to figure out what is going on.

Likewise, I read a few of her translated supports in Warriors, and like a lot of them. The reason I am going Female instead of Male in this case is it seems that Female Corrin is the "canon" version they are going with.

Maybe that will shed some light on a few other standpoints regarding the appeal of Corrin outside of design and feathers.

Agreed on this; when removing Corrin from avatar status and Fates writing, they can be surprisingly likable. Even in Heroes, I've found that I like both of them more because they're written (with what little dialogue they have) to be characters, not a half-character half-blank-slate for the player. They just toe that fine line between naiveté and idiocy, going more one way or the other depending on how well they're represented.

Edited by DefaultBeep

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

For me at least, its how Corrin has been represented outside of Fates. I will fully agree that Corrin was not great in Fates at all, male or female as there really is no difference. I dont think they were a terrible lord though, I think they could have been a decent lord, but that was pushed down for avatar pandering.

Something I have noticed though is when you take Corrin outside of their role as an Avatar, and write them as a legitimate character, they actually can be pretty interesting. Crown of Nibelung is a good example of this, its only up to what would be the equivalent of chapter 6 for Fates, but so far its been interesting to see her interaction with both families. They also handle her naivety a little better than it was in Fates. So far, she also isnt as much of an idiot that Corrin was in Fates. They go the route of Revelation, with a lot of their own changes along the way. But instead of Azura telling Corrin about all of what is going on, Corrin realizes that the attack on Hoshido wasnt by Nohr, that the swordsman that showed up used a style that was not Nohrian or Hoshidan. So as her two families are bickering over what side she should go with, she decides to go her own way to figure out what is going on.

Likewise, I read a few of her translated supports in Warriors, and like a lot of them. The reason I am going Female instead of Male in this case is it seems that Female Corrin is the "canon" version they are going with.

Maybe that will shed some light on a few other standpoints regarding the appeal of Corrin outside of design and feathers.

Yes, but the problem I have with Corrin is that as the Avatar the players should have their own interpretation of what the character is supposed to be. Even characters like Yu Narukami & Link does a better job in that category. If they wanted Corrin as a character then they should have done that instead of giving people the idea of making a character your own.

I've been reading Crown of Nibelung myself & I do think Corrin's character is better but she still not that different. Then again it could the manga hasn't finished yet & we're mostly seeing from Leo's perspective.

From what I can understand from her support in Warriors, it seems she has a natural curiosity about other nation's culture. That's actually pretty creative since one could argue she's stand in for a new fans alike. Granted, the majority of everyone else supports also has them curious about the other worlds/timeline's culture but I still remain firm on what I said.

Thanks for taking the time answer, my opinion on Corrin still hasn't change but at least I have a somewhat better understanding about character that doesn't involve her design.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

氷華波起動!

JTxk9LM.jpg

But, why?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, Ninian is probably just that much more popular than Corrin, especially in the context of Heroes. For many of the players who are newer to the series, this is the only exposure they've had to Ninian, and she's one of the most valuable units in the game (not to mention she's gotten multiple banners and a Hero Fest banner to her name).

Her art is also better than Corrin's.

This! I've made similar points in prior gauntlets concerning the relative popularity of the characters, such as with Priscilla in the healer gauntlet. It shouldn't be all that surprising that Ninian is doing so well. People will build an affinity to characters just by playing the game, so characters that are instantly useful, have good art, and good voice acting tend to do quite well.

26 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Did I just post twice, wtf. What happened? 

The forum likes to glitch out and double post a lot, so don't worry about it.

4 hours ago, ruruo said:

Going to praying to the vote gauntlet gods for her to appear ;^; She's looking good with that medic build. I'm so curious how the match ups are done because  I feel like I've been getting the same characters over and over again. 

Fingers crossed for you.  I'm very curious about that too seeing as I've only gotten what I believe is @Rafiel's Aria Merric all day long, while I got a mix of a lot of units yesterday

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Sweet! I'm fine with that as well, her healing was actually quite helpful in the first round. Plus I'll be using Ninian in matches for bonus points, so reds and greens sound perfect right now.

I figured a red would be smart seeing as it takes out Ninian's weak point of greens.  Hopefully she will be of use

54 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Literally 90% of my participation this round has flags being used.

The final round is where it is needed.

I guess anything for the sake of ranking feathers.

45 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I guess anything for the sake of ranking feathers.

That's not what I'm doing this for.

At this point I couldn't give a crap about the feathers.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's not what I'm doing this for.

Well, good luck on whatever your goal is.

So is why Ninian winning badly here? I figure at the very least she would give F!Corrin a run for her money but Ninian is actually winning here & multiplier doesn't seem to helping F!Corrin at all. I could have never imagined this.

On 10/11/2017 at 4:35 PM, Rezzy said:

Call out to Bree on Team Male Corrin who has Marth as your lead, please change to a non-Red lead.  I keep getting mono Red teams.

@TheTuckingFypo Are you Bree?  I think, but can't remember for sure.

Call out to Kiran who has Palla as lead, same request, please non-Red lead.  I'm not sure if this a SF person or not.  There's too many default user name people.

@Arcanite Did you break?  I can't remember you ever going more than two days without playing.

Yup XD. Sorry I didnt answer sooner, its mid-term week O_O

EDIT: I swapped Marth out for Julia. Enjoy.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

50 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So is why Ninian winning badly here? I figure at the very least she would give F!Corrin a run for her money but Ninian is actually winning here & multiplier doesn't seem to helping F!Corrin at all. I could have never imagined this.

A lot of players' only impression of Ninian is from Heroes, and Ninian is a very good unit in this game, compared to Corrin, who is very lackluster.

It's kind of like a miniature Reinhardt effect, considering almost all of Reinhardt's renown comes from Heroes and not from FE5.

Wow I'm lagging behind the Corrin rankings- Only have 2000 flags. I was thinking of just doing 5 flags until we get the big multiplier where I would spend 400 for each hour, but right now I'm at ove 70,000 ranking.

Is it better to have incrememnts of 100 for each multiplier round then? Or just dump 200 in the later stages?

It's looking like one of Ninian's multipliers will likely come while I'm asleep, so I'm spending my flags whenever I'm awake for a multiplier to make sure they're not wasted.  If I run out of flags before the final hours, I'll have to trust my fellow Ninianites to make up the difference!

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yup XD. Sorry I didnt answer sooner, its mid-term week O_O

EDIT: I swapped Marth out for Julia. Enjoy.

Thanks.

I hope Bridelia has been nice for whoever's on Team Corrin.  I can't check the spreadsheet easily, is it pretty much constant multipliers?

It looks like Corrin just barely gave Ninian the multiplier.

EDIT: Yep, Ninian currently has ~98.7% of Corrin's points.

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks.

I hope Bridelia has been nice for whoever's on Team Corrin.  I can't check the spreadsheet easily, is it pretty much constant multipliers?

Oh... I'm actually on Ninian's team... ._.

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh... I'm actually on Ninian's team... ._.

Hmm, that's odd.  Where you on male Corrins last round, because I was Def getting your Marth a lot.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It looks like Corrin just barely gave Ninian the multiplier.

EDIT: Yep, Ninian currently has ~98.7% of Corrin's points.

Is this the first bonus of Ninian (I missed all day)? Oh god i dont want to know how hard Ninian will curbstomb Corrin lol

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Is this the first bonus of Ninian (I missed all day)? Oh god i dont want to know how hard Ninian will curbstomb Corrin lol

Maybe third?

first was at the 3rd hour as usual.

maybe a second one came in when i slept because i was top 2000 then dropped all the way down to 20,000

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Well, good luck on whatever your goal is.

My fiance and I just generally love her and Eliwood.

So we just want her to win.

I mean look at my avy.

Our FFXIV characters are Eliwood cat  and Ninian Au'Ra respectively.

Of course after checking in every hour like a Hawk for a Ninian multiplier and getting nothing one would pop up during the one hour I'm occupying myself completely with something else. Got only one half of the bonus. I can battle again in 24 minutes, the bonus ends in 20. Next one will probably be while I'm sleep knowing how this thing goes.