Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

18 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

The multipliers are doing exactly what they were intended to do so I don't get the big fuss. Didn't you guys want closer matches?

I have been against multipliers since I've heard about them. If one team overwhelmingly defeats the other team, oh well, that's life. Shutouts happen, one-sided games happen, not everyone's a winner.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the last hour, I was sitting at an army rank of 2,928 and a total rank of 2,545. It should hopefully raise since I spent my last 400 flags this hour and gained 330,000 points, leaving me with 1,638,501 points for the round and a total of 3,267,128 points. I'm kind of amazed I made more point this round than in the first two combined.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The flier and mage gauntlets were fine, given the pool of units to choose from in Heroes at the time. And Cordelia and Minerva are among the other most popular fliers in the series and still got obliterated. I don't think anybody else from the flier selection would have fared any better against her. The mage gauntlet was also decent enough given the available choices. Who else would they have picked(who was in the game then) besides maybe Nino that would have been popular? Tharja and M Robin would have still likely come out on top.

I think Elise was an obvious favorite, but Ninian I agree was more of a surprise. I agree with your overall point, but I think those examples were fine as themed gauntlets. The only way they wouldn't have had blowouts was to not have those themes in the first place.

Which also brings up the point that they didn't need to do those themes in the first place, they just chose to. Lilina was also in the game (and a red mage), and she didn't eclipse the other female mages in popularity like Tharja either. Also, there were a decent number of mages in the game, Leo's inclusion showed that mounted mages weren't excluded, so you could've had the Dire siblings or Cecilia as well. Odin existed, too.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did you forget Chance Time?  All your coins to Wario!

Well that's true. I did do a parody post earlier in this very thread where I pretend to do MP4's Chance Time version, with SF posters standing in for MP chars, and "give all your Orbs" in place of "all your Stars".

We also need to consider adding Bowser Spaces to FEH! Garon: "Mwahahah! Well who do we have here today? Ninian? Well you're no Corrin who I love to torment, but you remind me of that girl that made me so very uncomfortable! Now Ninian, let's spin my Wheel of Fate!"

Okay... I know I said earlier I wouldn't care that much if an upset happens...

BUT I HAVE ONE EXCEPTION TO THAT STATEMENT NOW.

And that's if this turns into S!Frederick v. S!Gaius again. I cannot tolerate knowing that a few extra votes would've made Nini win. ;_;

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Which also brings up the point that they didn't need to do those themes in the first place, they just chose to. Lilina was also in the game (and a red mage), and she didn't eclipse the other female mages in popularity like Tharja either. Also, there were a decent number of mages in the game, Leo's inclusion showed that mounted mages weren't excluded, so you could've had the Dire siblings or Cecilia as well. Odin existed, too.

It's not really fair to just leave out 3DS characters for that reason either. If we axe 3DS characters and disallow themes like fliers/movement emblems, etc I think it'd quickly end up with just "units from X game" and not really any more options, and even then it'd still be lopsided on who's  most popular within their game in many cases. I think the answer that train of thought to balance gauntlets would just lead to is dropping the idea of them entirely. (not that I'd be opposed)

Basically it seems like if you don't force balancing them, they're no good, but if you do force balancing them, they're no good.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It's not really fair to just leave out 3DS characters for that reason either. If we axe 3DS characters and disallow themes like fliers/movement emblems, etc I think it'd quickly end up with just "units from X game" and not really any more options, and even then it'd still be lopsided on who's  most popular within their game in many cases. I think the answer that train of thought to balance gauntlets would just lead to is dropping the idea of them entirely. (not that I'd be opposed)

Basically it seems like if you don't force balancing them, they're no good, but if you do force balancing them, they're no good.

I agree that it wouldn't be fair to leave out 3DS characters entirely, but the first three gauntlets had no problems leaving out Elibe characters either despite the fact that some of them fit the gauntlet theme! It wouldn't be the end of the world to exclude 3DS characters from one or two gauntlets, considering they have been in every gauntlet and were even the entirety of one gauntlet.

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Dracologist said:

Do you think Ninian can still win this?

It could go either way, really.  We'll find out in a few minutes.

Just now, Dracologist said:

Do you think Ninian can still win this?

Only if people on Ninian rally REALLY, REALLY hard.

We managed to make over 1.2 billion w/o a multiplier last round, but the predictions show us losing even if we make over 1.6 billion.

And… we’re done! Time to tally up the score now.

@Korath88: same here. As long as team Ninian doesn’t gloat if they win, I’m fine. I’m not going to gloat either way because why would I.

Edited by Vaximillian

Looks like I'll have 881,122 points for this round with F!Corrin, and 2,867,014 cumulative. Looks good for ranking & feathers! I'm hoping that's sufficient to make the 1k-5k overall.

So, did anyone on Team Corrin get my Adult Tiki? I mostly got @LordFrigid's Caeda who was a lot of fun, along with @Lord-Zero's Eliwood, and a +6 Amelia from someone with the screen name of Grimoire (my apologies for not remembering who that is!).

Just now, Korath88 said:

I won't be salty about this, as long as the Corrin supporters don't gloat about their victory 

I for one won't be, but at the same time I would expect the same of Ninian supporters because I think we all got to agree that the multipliers are just ridiculous. Voting Gauntlets for determining a character's popularity is a joke now. At least in the 1st one Ephraim had a deserved victory against a character that ranked above him.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

So, did anyone on Team Corrin get my Adult Tiki? I mostly got @LordFrigid's Caeda who was a lot of fun, along with @Lord-Zero's Eliwood, and a +6 Amelia from someone with the screen name of Grimoire (my apologies for not remembering who that is!).

I don’t think I’ve got your Tiki.

@LordFrigid’s Caeda, @Lord-Zero’s Eliwood, and @Usana’s Amelia (that’s whose Amelia it is) were my most common allies too.

Just now, Korath88 said:

I won't be salty about this, as long as the Corrin supporters don't gloat about their victory 

I for one won't be, but at the same time I would expect the same of Ninian supporters because I think we all got to agree that the multipliers are just ridiculous. Voting Gauntlets for determining a character's popularity is a joke now. At least in the 1st one Ephraim had a deserved victory against a character that ranked above him.