Dual Strike Calculation & Best Pairing for Vantage + Vengeance

Noah25648

This is a post about Fire Emblem Awakening's Dual Strike mechanic. Since a long time ago, people have claimed to never do the Vantage + Vengeance combo unless the pairing has near 100% Dual Strike rate. The only single pair that can achieve near 100% Dual Strike rate is Lucina + her spouse. This is why I'm trying to do calculation for Dual Strike rate and put that claim to the test.      

Dual Strike equation is: (Lead & Support unit’s combined Skill / 4) + 60   

1st Combination:   
Avatar's Class & Skills = Sage @ Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengeance, Hit Rate+, All Stats +2   
Lucina's Class & Skills = Dark Flier @ Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Dual Strike+, Aether, Luna   
Avatar's Skill Stat total: 53 Skill, 2 Skill Tonic, 2 All Stats   
Lucina's Skill Stat total: 55 Skill, 3 Stat Bonus, 2 Skill Tonic, 10 Dual Strike        
Avatar's x Lucina's Skill total= ((53 + 55 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2)/4) + 60 + 10 = 99.25% Dual Strike

2nd Combination:   
Avatar's Class & Skills = Sage @ Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengeance, Hit Rate+, Tomefaire   
Lucina's Class & Skills = Sniper @ Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Dual Strike+, Aether, Luna   
Avatar's Skill Stat total: 53 Skill, 2 Skill Tonic   
Lucina's Skill Stat total: 62 Skill, 3 Stat Bonus, 2 Skill Tonic, 3 Class Bonus, 2 Support Bonus, 10 Dual Strike    
Avatar's x Lucina's Skill total = ((53 + 62 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2)/4) + 60 + 10 = 101.75% Dual Strike   

Do these look correct? Please let me know of any mistakes I made.    
Thanks!

As someone who mainly deals with Vengeance for Apo, there's a few things I should note. First, you don't need 100% DS to effectively run V/V. Half my teams unequip the partner to force a 0% DS situation (those situations like no dlc/no rally where 100% DS is either not available or not worth the investment). And Lucina's + Spouse isn't the only pair to hit 100% DS as well (although it is the easiest pair to hit 100% due to child mods combined with dual strike+). FeMU x Chrom as Sniper/Sage hits 100% without DLC, just to name one. There's also some builds you can dedicate to hitting 100% DS on non Dual Strike+ units that sometimes include niche skills like defender--a skill you would instantly throw out the window because +1 to all stats just for 1 Skl seems useless. Once you throw in DLC like LB, the Skl requirement does indeed get shot down quite a bit.

Here's the setup for FeMU x Chrom to give you an example without DLC

FeMU (+Mag/-Def Sage)

Tomefaire/Vantage/Vengeance/HR+20/Galeforce

Chrom (Sniper)

Bowfaire/Prescience/Skl+2/HR+20/Charm

FeMU leads with 43 (Skl) + 8 (Rallies) + 2 (Tonic) + 8 (Pair Up) [61]

Chrom supports with 49 (Skl) + 8 (Rallies) + 2 (Tonic) + 2 (Skl+2) [61] [total 122]

Chrom leads with 49 (Skl) + 8 (Rallies) + 2 (Tonic) +2 (Skl+2) +7 (Pair Up) [68]

FeMU supports with 43 (Skl) + 8 (Rallies) +2 (Tonic)  [53] [total 121]

I can guess that your Lucina's mother is Sumia based on Dark Flier and Skl cap, but here's a great example of LB working overtime.

MaMU (+Def/-Skl Sage)

Olivia!Lucina (Dark Flier, lowest Skl mod with Dark Flier access)

MaMU leads with 40 (Skl) + 10 (LB) + 10 (Rallies) + 2 (tonic) + 2 (AS+2) +3 (Pair up) [67]

Lucina supports with 44 (Skl) + 10 (LB) + 10 (Rallies) + 2 (tonic) [66] [133 total]

Lucina leads with 44 (Skl) + 10 (LB) + 10 (Rallies) + 2 (tonic) + 7 (pair up) [73]

MaMU supports with 40 (Skl) + 10 (LB) + 10 (Rallies) + 2 (tonic) + 2 (AS+2) [64] [137 total]

As you can see, even with some disgusting mod choice, LB destroys benchmarks. It seems to me you are not factoring in certain bonuses like rallies or pair up. I'll also note that it doesn't really make much sense to run Aether/Luna on a V/V pair. Mainly because V/V implies you want consistency (but if you want to, go ahead...).

Awhile back, I tried to mess around with 100% DS, no vengeance in no dlc/no rally. I found a setup, but it didn't have enough damage (because no +42 Atk...) to actually beat turn requirements.