I'm confused on how character statues work.

RosiePosie

So I am currently playing FE Fates Birthright and I have leveled up my Fem "Corrin's" stats WAY above most of the other Corrin's I have seen online by making sure I have at least a Silver Character Statue for all of the individuals on/in my roster (almost all of them gold). I have also achieved A-S Status on everyone so not limited by anyone below A (probably overkill, but I wanted a really powerful Corrin). 

Str - 44, Mag - 36, Skill - 40, Spd - 38, Lck - 34, Def - 37, Res - 32. I don't remember my Boon and Bane unfortunately. Not sure if that matters.

My question is this. I had to tear down just about everything that wasn't a statue because there is apparently an item limit cap on how many buildings (statues included in that number I have found out). 

I read one place that once you place a statue (in this case I have tried to demolish both gold and/or silver ones) and then level up and the number goes from white back to green you can demolish the Statue and the Stat will stay as it was before you destroyed the Statue. Thus far, every time I try to do that, what ever statue I attempt to destroy lowers it's corresponding Stat thus changing my mighty Corrin back into a regular Corrin.

Am I stuck with a Castle Town that can only have Statues due to an item cap (and/or building) limit? PLEASE help!!! I want to put back all of the pretty things, but I also want an awesome Corrin too. Maybe it's a case of wanting my cake and eating it too.

Sorry for the really long post, but I wanted to be as though as possible. And Thank You in advance to anyone who helps (or tries) me.

Rose

I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground (me).

Edited by RosiePosie
Wanted to put in a quote.