Jump to content
Baron the Shining Blade

Fire Emblem Warriors full English website is now open.

Recommended Posts

The official English site is finally in full swing. You have the basic rundown of the game with sections for Heroes, Gameplay, DLC, and amiibo. It should be able to answer most basic questions about the game now. A few things I noticed (bear in mind I haven't been watching streams beyond the first hour or so of the game):

  • The Chrom and Tiki amiibo (which have a gorgeous close-up. I only now could see that Tiki is smiling) do each give a unique item the first time you tap them; Chrom's Training Sword and Tiki's Tear respectively. So it is similar in vain to how Link's amiibo unlocked the spinner in HW. Other FE amiibo give higher quality items.
    • Apparently dragonstones have been standardized with steel and brave variants, and probably others.
  • Musous are known in the English version as Warrior Specials. Though we probably knew this already from English demos.
  • In the Gameplay section, we have details and screenshots of the Camp menu where you access shops and upgrades. It's just nice to see this specific stuff in English.
Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, they actually gave us an english website for this game. I'm surprised. I thought they'd just ignore the western fans.  Lets hope they do some english advertisements before the game comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

From brand-new characters to Fire Emblem™ favorites, this roster has it all. Each hero has their own move set and style for you to try out in battle.

I swear this is low-key trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"From brand-new characters to Fire Emblem™ favorites, this roster has it all. Each hero has their own move set and style for you to try out in battle."

LOL, do I need to point out whats wrong with this........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY. It was driving me absolutely insane that they added a bunch of characters as they were shown, but for whatever reason skipped Elise and Sakura, but added Lyn, Celica, Caeda and Tiki when they were revealed. Like, what??

Also, I really wish they would make more amiibo for this game. Now is the time for a Lyn amiibo! 

Edited by dmurr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it says new weapons on the DLC packs, along with the typical "and more". Nice to see confirmation of more content at least. I imagine there is probably another History Mode Pack for each, along with new supports.

edit: and can we not try and pick apart everything wrong with the site? It's a website meant to advertise, of course it's going to over exaggerate a few details. Get over yourselves. 

Edited by Tolvir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So it says new weapons on the DLC packs, along with the typical "and more". Nice to see confirmation of more content at least. I imagine there is probably another History Mode Pack for each, along with new supports.

edit: and can we not try and pick apart everything wrong with the site? It's a website meant to advertise, of course it's going to over exaggerate a few details. Get over yourselves. 

:shrug:

I was complaining about the previous website. I think this one is actually really nice.

New supports would be really cool honestly. I hope they add them for each DLC character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

"From brand-new characters to Fire Emblem™ favorites, this roster has it all. Each hero has their own move set and style for you to try out in battle."

LOL, do I need to point out whats wrong with this........

Wow, yeah, there is a lot wrong with this sentence. If all the FE favorites are in this game, where are Ike, Roy, Ephraim, Hector, etc. then? :/

And there are definitely cloned movesets.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dmurr said:

:shrug:

I was complaining about the previous website. I think this one is actually really nice.

New supports would be really cool honestly. I hope they add them for each DLC character. 

You were fine, I was meaning the other two complaining about the website mentioning movesets and rosters. You didnt do anything wrong, it was annoying that it took so long to update the site.

That is what I am hoping for. Even if they get less supports than the main cast, as long as they get at least 3-4 I would be fine.

Edited by Tolvir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I find that hilarious. XD 

But I guess they think that Lyn and Celica are enough to count as favorites. XD

To be fair, of the Choose Your Legends poll Top 10s (though clearly biased by the time of release), we got 10 out of 20.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result

Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, fCorrin, Marth, Cordelia, mRobin, Takumi and Leo

Azura is practically confirmed DLC, and I'd say Nowi and Tharja have pretty good chances also.. though they aren't talking about DLC yet.

I'd say Celica is more the Roy to Warriors's Melee than because she's a favorite.

Edited by dmurr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dmurr said:

To be fair, of the Choose Your Legends poll Top 10s (though clearly biased by the time of release), we got 10 out of 20.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result

Lyn, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla, fCorrin, Marth, Cordelia, mRobin, Takumi and Leo

Azura is practically confirmed DLC, and I'd say Nowi and Tharja have pretty good chances also.. though they aren't talking about DLC yet.

I'd say Celica is more the Roy to Warriors's Melee than because she's a favorite.

People really dont give the recent cast of characters enough credit for how popular they are. We love to look at everyone pre Awakening as the most popular, but Lucina made it into the CYL banner for a reason. And several Fates and Awakening characters werent far behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

People really dont give the recent cast of characters enough credit for how popular they are. We love to look at everyone pre Awakening as the most popular, but Lucina made it into the CYL banner for a reason. And several Fates and Awakening characters werent far behind.

Oh, I'm not saying that the Awakening and Fates characters don't deserve some popularity, since I absolutely love Lucina, and I really like Takumi as well, and definitely Robin. But I do feel like there have been some wasted opportunities. In all honesty, Elise and Sakura should have been NPCs here, so we have two spots available for Shadow Dragon characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, I'm not saying that the Awakening and Fates characters don't deserve some popularity, since I absolutely love Lucina, and I really like Takumi as well, and definitely Robin. But I do feel like there have been some wasted opportunities. In all honesty, Elise and Sakura should have been NPCs here, so we have two spots available for Shadow Dragon characters. 

Im not disagreeing with anyone in particular here, I am just saying in general that a lot of people in the community seem to forget that, well, Fates and Awakening were Fire Emblem games as well. I agree, the roster could have been better. There were better choices available, but I think as a first game in a potential series, and with DLC, that the roster is not nearly as bad as people like to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Im not disagreeing with anyone in particular here, I am just saying in general that a lot of people in the community seem to forget that, well, Fates and Awakening were Fire Emblem games as well. I agree, the roster could have been better. There were better choices available, but I think as a first game in a potential series, and with DLC, that the roster is not nearly as bad as people like to think.

It isn't in all honesty. It's mediocre, average. It's not bad, but not that great either. Decent enough though. And plenty of characters that are fun to use nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

People really dont give the recent cast of characters enough credit for how popular they are. We love to look at everyone pre Awakening as the most popular, but Lucina made it into the CYL banner for a reason. And several Fates and Awakening characters werent far behind.

Totally. Awakening dominated the votes, it's easily the most popular in the series. It wasn't even new anymore when the poll happened, it came out ~5 years prior. FE7 has probably the largest enduring amount of popularity, though. If anything, Smash Bros. decided the CYL winners more than anything else. Ike and Roy received significantly larger numbers of votes than anyone else in their games.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, I'm not saying that the Awakening and Fates characters don't deserve some popularity, since I absolutely love Lucina, and I really like Takumi as well, and definitely Robin. But I do feel like there have been some wasted opportunities. In all honesty, Elise and Sakura should have been NPCs here, so we have two spots available for Shadow Dragon characters. 

I would agree with this. As much as I love Elise, I feel like the Shadow Dragon characters have become classic characters by this point and it would've been nice to see a few more of them.  I wouldn't be surprised if they planned a few more that ended up on the chopping block because they aren't as well recognized as the Fates siblings.  ...then again they still opted not to include Azura over both the youngest siblings despite her arguably being the face of all 3 versions. Though I can see why they would save a fitting, popular character for the first round of DLC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the game and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it from what I've seen so far of the gameplay. That said, that line on the website still made me laugh.

Edited by wissenschaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmurr said:

I would agree with this. As much as I love Elise, I feel like the Shadow Dragon characters have become classic characters by this point and it would've been nice to see a few more of them.  I wouldn't be surprised if they planned a few more that ended up on the chopping block because they aren't as well recognized as the Fates siblings.  ...then again they still opted not to include Azura over both the youngest siblings despite her arguably being the face of all 3 versions. Though I can see why they would save a fitting, popular character for the first round of DLC. 

Honestly, no datamine shows Azura moveset being in the game files. So its not like they took Azura out of the game to put her in DLC. They really have not made the moveset for Azura or any of the NPC that are in the game. So chances are they were getting close to the deadline and made some decisions on who the cut (always the case with any software project). Azura probably got cut and left for DLC because making her would have required them to make another unique moveset (unmounted lance). Thats a lot of animations to make, which makes it relatively expensive (especially time wise).

Edit: Oh, interesting info from Jedi's Q&A thread. Even among characters with clone movesets, there are still some differences that can matter. For example, he explained the difference between Takumi and Sakura:

Quote

Takumi and Sakura is an interesting difference, Sakura has alot of magic and she can use staves so she can function as support, while Takumi is just gonna go all out and do archer things and archer things only (also his skill stat is massive so he has some of the best musou damage in the game). Sakura does archer things and has more magic based Musou attacks (I think it scales off her magic too). Theres also weapons to reverse what your weapons damage goes off of, between str and mag, so there is some difference. 

So staves are in the game and I assume an equivalent of the shinning bow is in the game which would allow Sakura to do magic damage to low RES enemies. Takumi gets to shine as a Musou special nuker. So hurray for Takumi fans.

So in light of this, it may be the case that even those characters with clone basic movesets will still be different enough from each other to have different strengths. Think about it, what if Camilla can make use of a Bolt Axe and Corrin a Levin sword. It seems like a way for characters with clone movesets to be effective against different enemy types.

Edited by wissenschaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tolvir said:

So it says new weapons on the DLC packs, along with the typical "and more". Nice to see confirmation of more content at least. I imagine there is probably another History Mode Pack for each, along with new supports.

edit: and can we not try and pick apart everything wrong with the site? It's a website meant to advertise, of course it's going to over exaggerate a few details. Get over yourselves. 

To be honest, I think this site looks better than the Japanese one. Though, why is female Robin placed before Male Robin? You know, the main one.

2 hours ago, dmurr said:

Totally. Awakening dominated the votes, it's easily the most popular in the series. It wasn't even new anymore when the poll happened, it came out ~5 years prior. FE7 has probably the largest enduring amount of popularity, though. If anything, Smash Bros. decided the CYL winners more than anything else. Ike and Roy received significantly larger numbers of votes than anyone else in their games.

Let's not forget Lyn and Lucina too. All four were in Smash in some form and I'm doubting that's a coincidence, even if people harp on Lucina for being a clone. Still, looking at CYL in a more broad sense, it is clear that Awakening and Fates have broader appeal in their casts since non main characters actually made the top 20 (plus Awakening had the most votes overall with Fates coming in second).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Let's not forget Lyn and Lucina too. All four were in Smash in some form and I'm doubting that's a coincidence, even if people harp on Lucina for being a clone. Still, looking at CYL in a more broad sense, it is clear that Awakening and Fates have broader appeal in their casts since non main characters actually made the top 20 (plus Awakening had the most votes overall with Fates coming in second).

Well, but Awakening and Blazing Blade all have other characters in that are popular (Hector, Tharja for example are next in line). My point was that none of the other characters (Micaiah being the exception) from Roy and Ike's games are even remotely as popular as the two of them. I don't think the majority of Lyn's popularity comes from a one-off Assist Trophy the player rarely sees. Otherwise Hector wouldn't have ranked 3rd for males. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Roy91 said:

Well, but Awakening and Blazing Blade all have other characters in that are popular (Hector, Tharja for example are next in line). My point was that none of the other characters (Micaiah being the exception) from Roy and Ike's games are even remotely as popular as the two of them. I don't think the majority of Lyn's popularity comes from a one-off Assist Trophy the player rarely sees. Otherwise Hector wouldn't have ranked 3rd for males. 

It was still enough to get her some recognition. Not enough for all of it, but then again, I think Ike and Roy benefited more from Smash than Lucina did too since she was popular before Smash. 

Also, Hector is still a lord (and potentially much more important if you play his story), so I don't think really counts as a non-main character. Same with Lyn (in fact, Hector is more of a main character than Lyn). Lute and Dorcas to my knowledge were the highest pre-Awakening non-main character and they have meme power.

Also, it kind of bugs me that Lyn is on that opening video loop thing at the top of the page so much, and yet not a single Awakening character is in it. Okay, at first I noticed that Lucina wasn't in it then I realized that not a single Awakening character was.

Edited by Arthur97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...