Celebratory Q&A w/Jedi - Closed, free copy winner Breezy

Jedi

To celebrate the massive success of my Japanese streams of FE:W, the influx of followers I got on Twitch and some on Youtube, I've decided to do this q&a session. 

You can ask me anything you'd like in here, although I'd rather it be more related to gaming overall I don't mind some questions about myself, I will be doing this for A week so on the 13th, this session will conclude,  It doesn't have to be related to Fire Emblem & Warriors either, it can be pretty much anything you think of barring like obvious private questions I shouldn't tell anyone.

Here's the best part, one of you who asks me questions, gets a chance to win a free copy of Fire Emblem Warriors, from yours truly, the winner will also get to select whether its the N3DS version or the Switch version. They will be randomly selected lotto style, there will be no bias in any way shape or form.

@VincentASM a pin would be appreciated for this!

Please try not to ask me more than 4 or 5 questions at a time, or less (I don't mind you posting multiple times but please keep it a little contained haha).

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To preface these questions, I've not been watching the streams since I want to avoid spoilers, so I don't know where you are in the game, but here we go:

1) How's the difficulty curve in Warriors - Do you feel like you're being challenged enough, and how does the game do this?

2) Is performance consistent? Obviously Warriors comes with two modes, one being 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps. What I most want to know is if the game sticks to these specs.

3) Who would be your top pick for DLC (again, please no spoilers for the base roster)?

4) How long does a gameplay session last in terms of completing a map - is it conducive to portable play?

1) Are there actually any significant gameplay differences between the pegasus knights?

2) Which controller have you been using? How comfortable/uncomfortable does it feel?

3) Favourite playable character?

oooh boy Q&A. i've already full spoiled myself so only dumb questions from me

1: Cay-da, Kai-da, Shee-da or See-da. Which one is correct and which is the best?

2: Whats the worst character from each of the 3 games that they could put in?

3: is the game lacking short haired redheads? trick question, the answer is yes 

4: Who is the best pegasus in the game and why is it Caeda?

5: Who is your fave Dark mage boss character out of the 3 ingame?

1) Have you ever played NieR: Automata?

2) If so, do you like it?

my brain slowly stops working

3) Why do you change your profile pic so often?

4) Why is eclipse in the middle of nowhere?

5) Why am i so obsessed with Yexin, the character in my profile pic, to the point that i dream of her while i'm sleeping?

Edited by Yexin

1) How important are the stats? Can a unit get stat screwed like in a normal FE game?

2) Is there a downside to promoting your units asap. In a normal FE game your stunning your overall growth for short term stat boosts when you early promote units. Not sure if thats a problem in this game.

3) Among the units with clone movesets such as Takumi and Sakura, are there enough differences to make the units standout as different characters? As in, is one character stronger or faster or there is a enough difference between the two to say each character has different strong points? Or are they so similar they might as well be different skins of the same character.?

Edited by wissenschaft

1. How is the difficulty scaling between Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic?
  2. What's the average time it would take a newcomer (like me) to the Warriors series to beat this game?
  3. Favorite character to use?
  4. What would you rate History Mode on a scale of 1/10.
  5. Do clones have enough differences to warrant using them or is one just better than the other?

-How frequent are "secret extensions" (hitting the charge button more than once allows for an extended combo, a la Zhou Tai's C2)?

-How often does the AI use musous and are any of them blockable?

Sure why not.

1. How would you compare FE Warriors to Hyrule Warriors?
  2. If you could add any FE character to Warriors, who would it be?
  3. What other Warriors game would you like to see?
  4. Would you rather have five clones or one unique character?
  5. Most importantly, who is Best Girl?

1. How is everyone's crowd clearing game? Anybody particularly good at it? Bad at it? Does anyone not get any crowd clearers at all?
  2. Any potential DLC characters you're hoping for?
  3. Are the mounted/flying units generally better than the foot units outside of speed? Worse? About the same?
  4. Out of the main cast, who do you feel controls the easiest/smoothest?
  5. On a scale of 1-10, express your disappointment in YHVH-head Gharnef not being a costume in-game.

I've already approached you a lot about the game, but I guess a few more things come to mind-

1: When allied forces/officers fight enemy officers off-screen, how does the game weigh the calculations for the battle compared to other warriors games- does it focus on morale versus morale, or weigh in type effectiveness / powered up status?

2: Do enemy officer's ever attack allied officers/generics while the player controlled character is nearby, or do they just get their priority switched to the player? (not counting incidental wide attacks)

3: I played DW 4 too much, it ruined my ability to comprehend new games When offscreen allied vs enemy officer  is resolved, does the game take any health away from the winning side to imply that their was an actual fight, or does it simply destroy the losers  and leave winners at their full health?

4: How do allied officers recover health midbattle- I know that some warriors games gives them a boost when you "rescue them" by going into a small radius of them when prompted, but others games leave your options more limited.

5: If you make a bastard save file for experimenting, what does the game do if you kill off most/all of the playable cast- especially in missions that autodeploy X character who is now missing?

How did you get into a few of the series you are a fan of, Trails and Warriors specifically?

We know a few of the games you are a fan of, but what about ones you aren't? Any game series you just couldn't get into no matter how many times you tried?

What do you really want to see out of FEW DLC? History Mode maps, new game mode, weapons, what do you think would be a good addition?

Outside of the roster, what additions or changes would you like to see in a potential FEW sequel?

Any games you are really hyped for over the next couple years? Any you think might slip through the cracks and be a "hidden gem"?

Edited by Tolvir

Of all the FEW characters you've played as so far, who is your most and least favorite to use? Why?

Similarly, of the FEW characters you know of so far, who are you most excited to see added and least? Again, why?

If you could add one FE character from each game into Warriors, who would you add from each (remakes don't count as seperate)?

What company would you like the bring back Sakura Wars and why?

Why is Sumire the best character in Sakura Wars and why is there no argument against that?

1. Which controller setup did you use to play this game and what options are available (pro controller, joycon attached to switch, joycon detached?) If you used the joycon did it take some time to get used to?

2. Did you try out split screen multiplayer? Is it distracting having two separate things going on at once (especially with how busy the screen can get with enemies)?

Well, here are my questions to you.

1. What's your favourite FEW moveset and pair-up (and why)?

2. If you had the opportunity of choose only one character to be putted in the game, who would be, why and what kind of moveset would you give him/her?

3. Do you like Final Fantasy? :v

I didn't have seen your stream yet. But when I have the game for my own and I finish the story I'll watch the videos for sure (even if you release a second stream with the english version... as I'll have the Spanish one (I preordered the Special Edition n.n) I won't care to see it two times, one in Japanese and one in English (as I'm studying Japanese I'm interested in this stream too, but my level maybe is still too low), to try to catch some regional (and language) differences.

And sorry for the complexity of the questions (is like a little bit of... cheating, asking multiple related things into the same question :P.

8 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

To preface these questions, I've not been watching the streams since I want to avoid spoilers, so I don't know where you are in the game, but here we go:

1) How's the difficulty curve in Warriors - Do you feel like you're being challenged enough, and how does the game do this?

2) Is performance consistent? Obviously Warriors comes with two modes, one being 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps. What I most want to know is if the game sticks to these specs.

3) Who would be your top pick for DLC (again, please no spoilers for the base roster)?

4) How long does a gameplay session last in terms of completing a map - is it conducive to portable play?

1) I feel the game challenges you mostly with the composition with enemy units, their weapons and how much you multitask and your weapon effectiveness. Higher difficulties also make enemies more tanky, and enemy stats (such as Pegasus being resistant to magic) come into play the more you increase the difficulty. Also on a number of maps the enemies will constantly hound your main base, making you have to defend and strike out at the same time, which can be stressful. 

2) Yes the performance is consistent in both modes although like most Warriors games if theres too many generals in one spot then it might slow down during Musous but even then its not bad. 

3) Jeorge probably.

4) Maps range more from 10 to 20 minutes so yes I'd say its portable friendly. Although some can go longer and the difficulties will possibly add to it.

8 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

What stats are there and what do they all do?

Did you look up what those seals do?

The standard FE set, I'm actually unaware what luck effects, but I'd assume its drops in this game. 

Str is for physical stuff 
Magic is for Magic based attacks and healing 
Skill is for Musou Damage 
Speed I think increases your overall speed in terms of movement? 
Defense and Resistance are self explanatory as is HP. 

The seals? You talking about the badges to unlock aspects of your character? It ranges from tons of things to full moveset, resistances to certain weapon types, weapon rank increases, using master seals, learning skills, getting more assist bar, getting more musou gauges. To various other little things. 

7 hours ago, Kahvi said:

1) Are there actually any significant gameplay differences between the pegasus knights?

2) Which controller have you been using? How comfortable/uncomfortable does it feel?

3) Favourite playable character?

1) The differences are mostly statline and their Musou attacks, along with who they can A+ bond with. 

2) I've been using the regular controller the game comes with by detaching the two joycons, feels weird at first but it works. 

3) For the moment its between Marth, Chrom, Lissa, Xander & the archers

7 hours ago, WyvernLord said:

oooh boy Q&A. i've already full spoiled myself so only dumb questions from me

1: Cay-da, Kai-da, Shee-da or See-da. Which one is correct and which is the best?

2: Whats the worst character from each of the 3 games that they could put in?

3: is the game lacking short haired redheads? trick question, the answer is yes 

4: Who is the best pegasus in the game and why is it Caeda?

5: Who is your fave Dark mage boss character out of the 3 ingame?

1: Sheeda :p 

2. Hmmm, well i'm personally not fond of one of the Fates ones already put in as an NPC (and later is most likely going to be playable). But he's popular regardless 
Awakening: Lets just not put in Gangrel 
SD: Ricardo probably 

3: Well it has some :P but I know what you're going for. 

4. Well Caeda does have a cool feature with the other 2 that allows them to triangle attack at full bonds, and she's pretty so theres that (the other two are cool too though, I think Hinoka has the best attack stat of the 3). 

5. Gharnef 

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

1) Have you ever played NieR: Automata?

2) If so, do you like it?

my brain slowly stops working

3) Why do you change your profile pic so often?

4) Why is eclipse in the middle of nowhere?

5) Why am i so obsessed with Yexin, the character in my profile pic, to the point that i dream of her while i'm sleeping?

1 & 2. Haven't had the chance of playing it yet oops, but I do mean to down the line. 

3. Uh even I don't know, its kind of just WHIM x.x I need to stop doing it. 

4. Not sure why you're asking me, but probably because she's way off in the distance. 

5. That I don't think I can answer at all, because I'm not too familiar with them!

6 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

1) How important are the stats? Can a unit get stat screwed like in a normal FE game?

2) Is there a downside to promoting your units asap. In a normal FE game your stunning your overall growth for short term stat boosts when you early promote units. Not sure if thats a problem in this game.

3) Among the units with clone movesets such as Takumi and Sakura, are there enough differences to make the units standout as different characters? As in, is one character stronger or faster or there is a enough difference between the two to say each character has different strong points? Or are they so similar they might as well be different skins of the same character.?

1) It seems fixed from what I've seen, the general statlines seem to fit their averages from their home games (+ some because promotions in this game make their stats silly). It matters fairly often in higher difficulty maps and the harder history mode maps.

2) I have not found one so far, I'll have to get back to you on that considering promotion gains are super huge (and you can promote from 15). 

3) Takumi and Sakura is an interesting difference, Sakura has alot of magic and she can use staves so she can function as support, while Takumi is just gonna go all out and do archer things and archer things only (also his skill stat is massive so he has some of the best musou damage in the game). Sakura does archer things and has more magic based Musou attacks (I think it scales off her magic too). Theres also weapons to reverse what your weapons damage goes off of, between str and mag, so there is some difference. 

6 hours ago, Armagon said:
  1. How is the difficulty scaling between Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic?
  2. What's the average time it would take a newcomer (like me) to the Warriors series to beat this game?
  3. Favorite character to use?
  4. What would you rate History Mode on a scale of 1/10.
  5. Do clones have enough differences to warrant using them or is one just better than the other?

1. It seems fairly good, i've seen some people start on Hard, and it could cause some struggle if they did so. But not too much, Lunatic jumps up a bit and enemy weaponry gets super dangerous. 

2. Beating the main story? I'd say around 12 to 13 hours, took me 9, getting 100%? Well add about 90 or so (I dno if I'll even 100% considering english release). 

3. Marth but I find the entire cast fun

4. 8/10 theres alot less clunkiness to it than Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode and it challenges you in unique ways compared to the story maps. 

5. Yes, as mentioned above, character stats between the clone characters are massively different so they have differing roles, Sakura & Elise being able to use staves for example. While Takumi & Leo cannot, and the stat differences etc. 

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

-How frequent are "secret extensions" (hitting the charge button more than once allows for an extended combo, a la Zhou Tai's C2)?

-How often does the AI use musous and are any of them blockable?

- There are a few, but I haven't noticed all THAT many. 

- Kinda infrequent, but they are blockable to my knowledge, they tend to focus more on hitting you with huge charge attacks in this game. 

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sure why not.

1. How would you compare FE Warriors to Hyrule Warriors?
  2. If you could add any FE character to Warriors, who would it be?
  3. What other Warriors game would you like to see?
  4. Would you rather have five clones or one unique character?
  5. Most importantly, who is Best Girl?

1. I think FE Warriors does everything better than HW outside of its Roster of characters and unique movesets, I find the maps more interesting, the FE mechanics are not as clunky as the obligatory Zelda ones, and it just flows alot better. My opinion of course (I still think HW, especially Legends is great though).

2. Ike, Matthew, Briggid, Finn, Jeorge 

3. The Legend of Heroes Warriors (the Kiseki aka Trails series). Smash Bros Warriors, Final Fantasy Warriors. 

4. One unique, but i'm pleasantly surprised how well they managed to do the clones in this game.

5. In FE or in gaming at large
If its FE, then its Briggid, if its gaming at large its either Aerith or Emma Millstein 

5 hours ago, Azure Sen said:
  1. How is everyone's crowd clearing game? Anybody particularly good at it? Bad at it? Does anyone not get any crowd clearers at all?
  2. Any potential DLC characters you're hoping for?
  3. Are the mounted/flying units generally better than the foot units outside of speed? Worse? About the same?
  4. Out of the main cast, who do you feel controls the easiest/smoothest?
  5. On a scale of 1-10, express your disappointment in YHVH-head Gharnef not being a costume in-game.

1. Pretty much every character in this game has some form of crowd clearing although I'd say the Archers, Robin and Fred are probably overall the best at it, even Tiki with her weird moveset has crowd clearing, although Ryoma is focused mostly in front of him even he has clearers. 

2. Jeorge

3. I'd say their distance covering is much superior but overall the movesets are all really good so its hard to like judge that, I will say Xander & Fred though feel like they'll be super good in the right hands, same with Camilla. 

4. I think Chrom & Lucina are the easiest to get to grips with, along with the Twins, these are who you mostly start with so its almost like the devs put them in early on purpose. 

5. 10. 

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1. Is there content to do other than fighting?

2.How to you unlock Anna?

3.Was here any interesting maps for you?

4.What made you decide to do a giveaway?

5 Which games should I play next?

1. Not particularly this doesn't have anything like Samurai Warriors 2 board game or anything of that nature. 

2. You have to get an obnoxious amount of Anna scrolls which are like the Skulltulas in Hyrule Warriors. Then eventually fight her (still need to finish doing this). 

3. There were plenty but notable ones are one where Hinoka constantly hounds you by sending Pegasus Knights through shortcuts to your base, along with one where 3 characters are possessed and super powered, so they have to be avoided while you take out the source. 

4. I wanted to give back because you guys helped the stream go so smoothly. 

5. Whats on your mind? In terms of games you wanna play haha. 

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

1. Is Caeda any good?

2; How many difficulty settings are there?

1. She's plenty good, Pegasus Knights have a good bit of versatility in this game due to how they work and kinda because at this point they are basically the only lancers you have available (until updates & dlc).

2. 4, Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic. 

4 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

1. Would you recommend this as someone's first Warriors game?

2. Any basic tips for newbies?

3. Who is the best Falchion user and why is it Takumi?

1. If you like FE I would, if you don't I'd recommend Orochi 3 instead. 

2. Pay attention to the map as much as you can, so you know where to head next, especially important in getting Anna scrolls and not missing objectives.

3. He shoots it out of his bow, what more reason do you need

4 hours ago, Reality said:

I've already approached you a lot about the game, but I guess a few more things come to mind-

1: When allied forces/officers fight enemy officers off-screen, how does the game weigh the calculations for the battle compared to other warriors games- does it focus on morale versus morale, or weigh in type effectiveness / powered up status?

2: Do enemy officer's ever attack allied officers/generics while the player controlled character is nearby, or do they just get their priority switched to the player? (not counting incidental wide attacks)

3: I played DW 4 too much, it ruined my ability to comprehend new games When offscreen allied vs enemy officer  is resolved, does the game take any health away from the winning side to imply that their was an actual fight, or does it simply destroy the losers  and leave winners at their full health?

4: How do allied officers recover health midbattle- I know that some warriors games gives them a boost when you "rescue them" by going into a small radius of them when prompted, but others games leave your options more limited.

5: If you make a bastard save file for experimenting, what does the game do if you kill off most/all of the playable cast- especially in missions that autodeploy X character who is now missing?

1. It focuses more on the latter, and allies are generally competent enough to last a bit even in a disadvantage unless its say, Tiki vs a Falchion user (get her out of there). Or a flier vs a Sniper. 

2. It tends to focus the player or the base captains when on screen. 

3. It tends to take some health away unless they are a massively higher level (and had weapon advantage). 

4. they can heal by standing in an allied fort or you heal them with your staves. (So Lianna, Sakura, Elise and Lissa). 

5. The only auto-deploy in the story mode is the twins, even on History Mode maps usually the twins are in each restricted type of map, (although I dno for the full implications) 

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

How did you get into a few of the series you are a fan of, Trails and Warriors specifically?

We know a few of the games you are a fan of, but what about ones you aren't? Any game series you just couldn't get into no matter how many times you tried?

What do you really want to see out of FEW DLC? History Mode maps, new game mode, weapons, what do you think would be a good addition?

Outside of the roster, what additions or changes would you like to see in a potential FEW sequel?

Any games you are really hyped for over the next couple years? Any you think might slip through the cracks and be a "hidden gem"?

Trails was just about 3 Christmases ago, a friend of mine thought I'd like it so she gifted me Trails in the Sky FC I played it and loved it way more than expected, now i'm waitig eagerly for Cold Steel III. 

Warriors was just a random one off buy my Dad and I did and we adored the game (DW3 for the record). 

I'm not a fan of horror series (besides Resident Evil), and despite my absolute love of Ogre Battle, I cannot get into Tactics Ogre because of how much it departs from Ogre Battle gameplay wise. 

I'd like all the things you mentioned in each pack, to be honest, HW was really good about that so I feel FEW will do that too. 

Get rid of the low hp beeping, uhhhh, maybe more maps because while there is a bit of variety you do roll through all FE:W's maps fairly often in History Mode. 

Oh boy, well lets see,  Freedom Planet 2, Trails of Cold Steel 3's localization, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Dragon Ball Fighterz, FE:Switch, Dissidia NT

4 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Of all the FEW characters you've played as so far, who is your most and least favorite to use? Why?

Similarly, of the FEW characters you know of so far, who are you most excited to see added and least? Again, why?

Favorite to use is Marth because he's insanely fast and fun to use, with tons of super speedy attacks and flashsteps. Least favorite would be... Hmm thats a tough one because they all have fun playstyles, but I think the Pegasus one, because its really weird to adapt to their style, BUT they are still really fun. They even have a super dive bomb attack along with a Young Link styled triangle move. 

Spoiler

Navarre because he's a badass, and Niles because I dislike Niles

3 hours ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

If you could add one FE character from each game into Warriors, who would you add from each (remakes don't count as seperate)?

What company would you like the bring back Sakura Wars and why?

Why is Sumire the best character in Sakura Wars and why is there no argument against that?

So lets see... 

FE1/Book1/11: Jeorge (have I said this enough yet). 
FE2/Echoes: Forsyth
FE3/12: Katarina 
FE4: Briggid
FE5: Finn 
FE6: Igrene 
FE7: Matthew 
FE8: Seth 
FE9: Zihark 
FE10: Nolan 
FE13: Say'ri 
FE14: Kaze 

I want Sega themselves to bring back Sakura Wars tbh. 

Uh because you're a fanboy of her :p

2 hours ago, ίce said:

What was your favorite map to play in story?

How's History mode so far?

The Aforementioned Hinoka map was probably my highlight besides the late game intense maps of Marth stuff

History Mode is fine, although some of the maps are irritating in how much they push your multitasking. History Mode pretty much requires you to have most characters boosted up to an extent. 

2 hours ago, Ahnah said:

1. Which controller setup did you use to play this game and what options are available (pro controller, joycon attached to switch, joycon detached?) If you used the joycon did it take some time to get used to?

2. Did you try out split screen multiplayer? Is it distracting having two separate things going on at once (especially with how busy the screen can get with enemies)?

1. Everything is available and I mostly use the default controller and the joycons on the pad, I didn't try the joycons by themselves. 

2. I haven't had the chance yet unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, WuBoytH said:

How often did you jam out to the music?

I've jammed out to it way too much. 

1 hour ago, Timeman said:

Well, here are my questions to you.

1. What's your favourite FEW moveset and pair-up (and why)?

2. If you had the opportunity of choose only one character to be putted in the game, who would be, why and what kind of moveset would you give him/her?

3. Do you like Final Fantasy? :v

I didn't have seen your stream yet. But when I have the game for my own and I finish the story I'll watch the videos for sure (even if you release a second stream with the english version... as I'll have the Spanish one (I preordered the Special Edition n.n) I won't care to see it two times, one in Japanese and one in English (as I'm studying Japanese I'm interested in this stream too, but my level maybe is still too low), to try to catch some regional (and language) differences.

And sorry for the complexity of the questions (is like a little bit of... cheating, asking multiple related things into the same question :P.

1. Marths moveset is just super fast and always in motion, along with just disorienting the enemies (he's disorienting to fight too). My favorite pair up move is probably Camilla's or the Pegasus because they sweep in and hit a wide area. 

2. Jeorge and i'd give him a moveset focusing on Parthia's flame trail capabilities in FE3, probably focusing more on like hitting people with the bow sometimes and every shot would make huge trails of fire, or explosions. 

3. I adore Final Fantasy, I'm looking forward to Dissidia NT in particular rn.

It's fine! I don't mind it at all. 

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Does Ryoma retain his brokenness from Birthright?

Ryoma is super amazing to play as and is really good against enemy officers, but I wouldn't say he's the most broken character, he feels like his BR self though in a Warriors setting. 

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I adore Final Fantasy, I'm looking forward to Dissidia NT in particular rn.

FF is my favourite franchise... You earned a million points XD. I have NT preordered (the steelbook version ewe).

1. What's your credit card information How does Corrin feel?

2. Which FE is your LEAST favorite? I'm counting the 3 Fates paths separately.

3. Outside of anything FE, what Switch games are you most excited for?

4. What non-gaming property do you think would make a cool Warriors game?

5. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Edited by Vespinae