Celebratory Q&A w/Jedi - Closed, free copy winner Breezy

Jedi

9 minutes ago, Vespinae said:

1. What's your credit card information How does Corrin feel?

2. Which FE is your LEAST favorite? I'm counting the 3 Fates paths separately.

3. Outside of anything FE, what Switch games are you most excited for?

4. What non-gaming property do you think would make a cool Warriors game?

5. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1. Corrin is great, they took a fair bit of inspiration from Smash in how they play, with dragon fang sticking into the ground for a few as they twirl around, various spinning slashes, dragon shots, overall a really fun character (just avoid them Falchion users). 

2. Revelation, just for being slow and a slog to play. 

3. Currently? Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces 

4. Lord of the Rings 

5.  African or European? 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Do you find the story too short? 

2) Does the game is hard in classic, like losing characters etc..

3) Does it get boring quickly or not? I'm a warriors fan since DW4 so..

4) How do you find history mode?

5) Do you think an update will be coming soon like HW for NPC characters? :)

Oh, wow, this is cool.

1) Do the elements attributed to attacks such as Frederick's wind and Camilla's fire actually mean anything gameplay-wise, or is it just a cute aesthetic nod to FE's five magic types?

2) If Sigurd were in this game should he take effective damage from fire elemental attacks?

3) Let's say the hypothetical sequel chooses three more games to represent on top of Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates (Blazing Blade and Gaiden/SoV will be considered un-represented at the time since they just have one bonus character and a map). Which three would you choose?

4) How does the disproportion of sword users affect the in-game implementation of the weapon triangle, in your opinion? Does it feel like axe users are shafted due to many enemy commanders having swords, or conversely lance users having an unfair advantage over most of the roster?

5) Shuriken/daggers in the Fates DLC or sequel, yes or no?

Edited by Anomalocaris

1. Do you think playable officers being attached to their horses would be a good idea for mainline Warriors games to do (like if DW10 made Ma Chao a full-time cavalry unit, for example)?

2. How much does the lack of WTA affect units like Takumi, Robin and Elise?

3. Are there any enemies in the game you found you had to absolutely use a unit with an effective weapon to fight, lest you be KO'd?

Which (if any) Warriors games do you think are better than Fire Emblem Warriors, and why?

Are there any elements from other games you wish they had included?

I'm excited for the game now that I've heard it's good, but it's been a long time since I played anything Warriors games, so I'm curious what a veteran thinks of it compared to the best in the series.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:08 AM, Jedi said:

Str is for physical stuff 
Magic is for Magic based attacks and healing 
Skill is for Musou Damage 
Speed I think increases your overall speed in terms of movement? 
Defense and Resistance are self explanatory as is HP.

I've seen it posted elsewhere that Speed is Awakening gauge (i.e. more speed = longer time in awakening mode).

As for my question (since I can only really think of one right now):

1. What are the character gimmicks in this game?  I know that Lissa's C1 gives her a buff, Marth/Celica has something similar to Zelda's light orbs, and Robin's C1 forces a yellow stun gauge on officers(not entirely sure how this works though), but I'm curious if there are any other gimmicks used for movesets.

Edit:  Also, I don't need to be entered into the drawing.  For some reason I missed the part where asking a question enters you into the lotto.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

I got a few questions that could be helpful:

1. How many unlockable characters did you managed to find in Warriors?
  2. Are there any other Fire Emblem characters makes a cameo appearance that aren't playable in this game?
  3. Did you happen to see Jake in this game and if yes, did he make a cameo appearance?
  4. Did either of the Annas explained why there's so many other Annas appeared as sisters in Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and including this game as well?
  5. Did one of the Fates characters mentioned what is the name of their home continent since that name wasn't mentioned in Fates itself?

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

3) Takumi and Sakura is an interesting difference, Sakura has alot of magic and she can use staves so she can function as support, while Takumi is just gonna go all out and do archer things and archer things only (also his skill stat is massive so he has some of the best musou damage in the game). Sakura does archer things and has more magic based Musou attacks (I think it scales off her magic too). Theres also weapons to reverse what your weapons damage goes off of, between str and mag, so there is some difference. 

Is it just Sakura's Musous, or are there other attacks too? If it's just the Musous (so they target Res, right?), well that's something they could improve on for the sequel. It's good to know that they did include some form of offense hybridity to reflect on Str/Mag dual cannons in FE regardless.

Given DW7 & 8 had weapon swapping, perhaps they could try adding it in FEW 2, that way we can have things like Heroes able to use Sword and Axes. All they'd have to do is program individual attacks with the Weapon Type property- so only the Axe hits would be effective on Lance users, and they'd do little against Swords, but the Sword hits would be good on Axes, weak on Lances.

Of course this would require some form of balancing so monotypes aren't strategic liabilities with nothing going for them. One way would be to nerf the WTA benefits that multi-types get, so less of a damage reduction/increase in stun resistance, and less of a dealt stun/damage boost compared to monotypes. Another way would be to give Ogma (to use a name) two half-movesets (so 2 Charge Attacks plus a Swap Attack), one Sword and one Axe, whereas Navarre the monotype has one full Sword moveset. Ogma might have an Axe juggler in his arsenal, but that won't matter when he fights a Sword user who he can't juggle due to WTD, and his Sword halfset lacks a juggler.

I know you haven't gotten to try co-op yet, so you can save the first two questions for later.

1. Is there an option to switch between horizontal and vertical split-screen?
  2. I watched a stream of the game that showed off co-op, and I noticed that a victory animation did not play after clearing a map. Was this due to playing through an unfinished chapter and priroitizing story cutscenes? Can victory animations be toggled? Or am I out of luck? (You don't have to find this one out for me if you don't want to. I'll find out one way or another.)
  3. On the orders/pause menu, there's a timer counting up with an apparent limit of one hour next to it. Is it a game over if you somehow fail to clear a map in under an hour?
  4. What other Fire Emblem spin-offs would you like to see in the future?
Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

9 hours ago, Metakirby said:

1) Do you find the story too short? 

2) Does the game is hard in classic, like losing characters etc..

3) Does it get boring quickly or not? I'm a warriors fan since DW4 so..

4) How do you find history mode?

5) Do you think an update will be coming soon like HW for NPC characters? :)

1. I think its just long enough, although some might find it on the shorter end. 

2. It is interesting in classic however i've learned you can revive characters for a cost. 

3. I don't think so myself, unless Musou isn't a persons thing. 

4. I think its HW's Adventure mode but less clunky so pretty solid. 

5. I'd like to believe so yes. 

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

Are there any characters that you do not enjoy playing as? Either difficult to use, awkward, etc?

Honestly this may be a boring answer but I actually like using everyone in the game. Tiki and the Pegasus probably take the most getting used to though. 

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, wow, this is cool.

1) Do the elements attributed to attacks such as Frederick's wind and Camilla's fire actually mean anything gameplay-wise, or is it just a cute aesthetic nod to FE's five magic types?

2) If Sigurd were in this game should he take effective damage from fire elemental attacks?

3) Let's say the hypothetical sequel chooses three more games to represent on top of Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates (Blazing Blade and Gaiden/SoV will be considered un-represented at the time since they just have one bonus character and a map). Which three would you choose?

4) How does the disproportion of sword users affect the in-game implementation of the weapon triangle, in your opinion? Does it feel like axe users are shafted due to many enemy commanders having swords, or conversely lance users having an unfair advantage over most of the roster?

5) Shuriken/daggers in the Fates DLC or sequel, yes or no?

1. I haven't noticed too much of elemental difference, although Camilla's fire based moves may go off her magic stat? I'm actually not entirely sure. 

2. Well yes, its canon :p 

3. I'd personally pick FE6, FE9 and FE4

4. I don't think it overly affects the Axe users, the enemies tend to have a huge variety of unit types, they only seem to actively challenge you on purpose when they lock you to axes sometimes. I actually think what the weapons effect matter way more than the triangle itself. 

5. I'd be down for that considering Kaze, Kagero and Saizo are 3 of my favorites in BR. 

9 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

1. Do you think playable officers being attached to their horses would be a good idea for mainline Warriors games to do (like if DW10 made Ma Chao a full-time cavalry unit, for example)?

2. How much does the lack of WTA affect units like Takumi, Robin and Elise?

3. Are there any enemies in the game you found you had to absolutely use a unit with an effective weapon to fight, lest you be KO'd?

1. I'd be down for people like Ma Chao doing that, it works really well in FE:W. 

2. Some enemies are tankier for them to take down while others become hilariously fast kills due to flier, or low res, it just really depends. 

3. Some Dark Xanders in a History Mode map would have been more painful if i didn't have Caeda on hand to help with them. 

8 hours ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Which (if any) Warriors games do you think are better than Fire Emblem Warriors, and why?

Are there any elements from other games you wish they had included?

I'm excited for the game now that I've heard it's good, but it's been a long time since I played anything Warriors games, so I'm curious what a veteran thinks of it compared to the best in the series.

I'm still gonna go with Orochi 3 and DW8 & SW4-II being the prime examples of amazing Warriors games just for their scope, awesome rosters and content (especially WO3), but I think FE:W reaches somewhat near them, except in roster size. 

My main wish in terms of elements would just be no clone movesets haha. 

See my first answer. I'd go super indepth but I don't really have the energy to. 

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got a few questions that could be helpful:

1. How many unlockable characters did you managed to find in Warriors?
  2. Are there any other Fire Emblem characters makes a cameo appearance that aren't playable in this game?
  3. Did you happen to see Jake in this game and if yes, did he make a cameo appearance?
  4. Did either of the Annas explained why there's so many other Annas appeared as sisters in Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and including this game as well?
  5. Did one of the Fates characters mentioned what is the name of their home continent since that name wasn't mentioned in Fates itself?

1. Theres 3

2. Theres 7 NPC's but I won't spoil who they are for those who haven't dug into it yet.

3. Nope

4. I won't know till its in English. 

5. I heard Ryoma & Xander mention Byakuya and Anya which are the Japanese names for Hoshido and Nohr, but nothing of an actual land. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it just Sakura's Musous, or are there other attacks too? If it's just the Musous (so they target Res, right?), well that's something they could improve on for the sequel. It's good to know that they did include some form of offense hybridity to reflect on Str/Mag dual cannons in FE regardless.

Given DW7 & 8 had weapon swapping, perhaps they could try adding it in FEW 2, that way we can have things like Heroes able to use Sword and Axes. All they'd have to do is program individual attacks with the Weapon Type property- so only the Axe hits would be effective on Lance users, and they'd do little against Swords, but the Sword hits would be good on Axes, weak on Lances.

Of course this would require some form of balancing so monotypes aren't strategic liabilities with nothing going for them. One way would be to nerf the WTA benefits that multi-types get, so less of a damage reduction/increase in stun resistance, and less of a dealt stun/damage boost compared to monotypes. Another way would be to give Ogma (to use a name) two half-movesets (so 2 Charge Attacks plus a Swap Attack), one Sword and one Axe, whereas Navarre the monotype has one full Sword moveset. Ogma might have an Axe juggler in his arsenal, but that won't matter when he fights a Sword user who he can't juggle due to WTD, and his Sword halfset lacks a juggler.

I'm not sure if it targets Res exactly I'd need to like test it alot more. X.x

4 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I know you haven't gotten to try co-op yet, so you can save the first two questions for later.

1. Is there an option to switch between horizontal and vertical split-screen?
  2. I watched a stream of the game that showed off co-op, and I noticed that a victory animation did not play after clearing a map. Was this due to playing through an unfinished chapter and priroitizing story cutscenes? Can victory animations be toggled? Or am I out of luck? (You don't have to find this one out for me if you don't want to. I'll find out one way or another.)
  3. On the orders/pause menu, there's a timer counting up with an apparent limit of one hour next to it. Is it a game over if you somehow fail to clear a map in under an hour?
  4. What other Fire Emblem spin-offs would you like to see in the future?

3. I haven't taken that long but Warriors games usually have a time limit before you just lose yes. 

4. I'd love to see them actually do Mars FE, in space, I mean Phantasy Star 2 already showed us Marth in Space! 

300?cb=20120311104547

I also wouldn't mind seeing a spinoff in the vein of like an action game focusing on one character, doing stealth stuff, kinda like what Starcraft Ghost was going to be.

Edited by Jedi

1. Who is the best girl in Cold Steel and why is it Sara Fie Jusis Laura Towa?
  2. Who is your favorite Trails protagonist?
  3. Your FE waifu of choice?
  4. Team Sonic or Team Shadow?
Edited by Azure Sen

17 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Which game would you want to get a separate DLC pack all on its own for Warriors?

Who would your top 5 choice characters be just from that game?

FE6. 

Igrene, Karel, Percival, Sue, Niime 

18 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:
  1. Who is the best girl in Cold Steel and why is it Sara Fie Jusis Laura Towa?
  2. Who is your favorite Trails protagonist?
  3. Your FE waifu of choice?
  4. Team Sonic or Team Shadow?

1. Well Towa is adorable and hard working, but my actual pick is Emma :P

2. Kevin Graham the protagonist of Sky 3rd, I can't say much about him because it'd be spoilery to you. 

Rean, Estelle and Lloyd are also all really great so it was a legitimately hard choice.

3. Briggid

4. Team Sonic, although I also do like Shadow.

I managed to got more questions to answer:

1. Which character has the worst Japanese voice acting in Fire Emblem Warriors?
  2. If you're choose which characters from Valentia (other than Celica), Judgral, Magvel, and Tellius do you want to see as DLC?
  3. Which character is you're main in Fire Emblem Warriors as of right now?
  4. How many Annas have you counted so far in Fire Emblem Warriors?
  5. What weapon-type does Anna use besides a Bow and Bastille?

1. Do you have any siblings?

2. Who's character to main in Fire Emblem Warriors?

3. Would you choose between Pokemon Ultra Moon or Sun? 

4. Do you have any pets?

5. What's you're favorite FE game?

Edited by ZeManaphy

4 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I managed to got more questions to answer:

1. Which character has the worst Japanese voice acting in Fire Emblem Warriors?
  2. If you're choose which characters from Valentia (other than Celica), Judgral, Magvel, and Tellius do you want to see as DLC?
  3. Which character is you're main in Fire Emblem Warriors as of right now?
  4. How many Annas have you counted so far in Fire Emblem Warriors?
  5. What weapon-type does Anna use besides a Bow and Bastille?

1. Female Corrin is much too high pitched although its not exactly that bad per say its just really off at first. 

2. I'd personally pick Forsyth, Briggid, L'arachel and Ike as one each from those 4 

3. Probably Marth although i'm basically using everyone

4. Uhhh I lost count past 15. 

5. Just a bow & her over the top tank and ballista. 

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

1. Do you have any siblings?

2. Who's character to main in Fire Emblem Warriors?

3. Would you choose between Pokemon Ultra Moon or Sun? 

4. Do you have any pets?

5. What's you're favorite FE game?

1. I don't but I have quite a few cousins who I basically consider siblings anyways. 

2. My main character is probably Marth as said before. 

3. Ultra Sun. Still need to actually play Gen 7 oops. 

4. Used to, but not currently. 

5. Its a toss up between 3, 6 and 9.

And also another thing, but I'll might put up the spoiler tag and the other ones not:

Spoiler
  1. Did you managed to see Inigo and Severa appeared in the game since we did saw Owain in the game?
  2. What other past Fire Emblem villains did you managed to see other than Gharnef, Iago, and Validar?

1. Which character that has their own horses doing the epic horse flips even more, Frederick or Xander?
  2. Do the Archanean maps on each pages of the book that shows the entire maps, do they used the NES graphics version, SNES graphics version, or the DS graphics version?
  3. Did you managed to beat Story Mode yet or are you still playing Story Mode?
  4. Who is the best Bow unit in the game?
  5. Did they managed to fix Lissa's Axe attack when she beating enemies up in the field since we did saw the Treehouse Live Event that she managed to grab Frederick with her Axe like using him as a hammer?
  6. Did you managed to see Alm appeared in the game since I saw his amiibo was shown in the official website under in the compatible list?

Edited by King Marth 64

1) Is it possible to have more than one of the same character on your team (i.e. choosing to deploy Lissa on a map where Lissa is already a fixed allied NPC)? If so, can they pull a Takumi and Pair Up with themselves?

2) This is a bit tougher since it's in Japanese, but there's a lot of character-specific dialogue for characters fighting each other or doing pair-up attacks together. All of the examples we saw in English footage were between characters from the same game, however. Have you ever noticed any cross-game interactions, like say Marth calling out Chrom's name while doing a team attack with him, or Lucina saying something different than usual when fighting Tiki?

3) What characters can Robin support with?

4) Do female Robin and male Corrin have separate supports from their opposite-sex counterparts? Or are they just the same supports with a different voice actor?

After playing a game like this. could you ever see yourself returning to games like hyrule warriors or one of the dynasty warrior games after you said this one plays the best out of all of em?

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

And also another thing, but I'll might put up the spoiler tag and the other ones not:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Did you managed to see Inigo and Severa appeared in the game since we did saw Owain in the game?
  2. What other past Fire Emblem villains did you managed to see other than Gharnef, Iago, and Validar?

1. Which character that has their own horses doing the epic horse flips even more, Frederick or Xander?
  2. Do the Archanean maps on each pages of the book that shows the entire maps, do they used the NES graphics version, SNES graphics version, or the DS graphics version?
  3. Did you managed to beat Story Mode yet or are you still playing Story Mode?
  4. Who is the best Bow unit in the game?
  5. Did they managed to fix Lissa's Axe attack when she beating enemies up in the field since we did saw the Treehouse Live Event that she managed to grab Frederick with her Axe like using him as a hammer?
  6. Did you managed to see Alm appeared in the game since I saw his amiibo was shown in the official website under in the compatible list?

Spoiler

1. No 

2. None

1. Xander. 

2. SNES iirc, and its only one page atm 

3. I beat Story Mode I streamed the entire thing. 

4. Takumi is better for pure damage, Sakura is good for Support, dno bout Anna yet. 

5. Yes. 

6. Alm is not in the game, but you can use his amiibo. 

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

1) Is it possible to have more than one of the same character on your team (i.e. choosing to deploy Lissa on a map where Lissa is already a fixed allied NPC)? If so, can they pull a Takumi and Pair Up with themselves?

2) This is a bit tougher since it's in Japanese, but there's a lot of character-specific dialogue for characters fighting each other or doing pair-up attacks together. All of the examples we saw in English footage were between characters from the same game, however. Have you ever noticed any cross-game interactions, like say Marth calling out Chrom's name while doing a team attack with him, or Lucina saying something different than usual when fighting Tiki?

3) What characters can Robin support with?

4) Do female Robin and male Corrin have separate supports from their opposite-sex counterparts? Or are they just the same supports with a different voice actor?

1. No your npc's are your other available units of your choice. No doubles exist. 

2. There is some from what I've heard, yes. 

3. Rowan, Corrin, Xander, Leo, Chrom, Tiki and Lyn 

4. I believe its the same, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

After playing a game like this. could you ever see yourself returning to games like hyrule warriors or one of the dynasty warrior games after you said this one plays the best out of all of em?

I said it ranks among the best not that it is purely the best, they all offer different things so yes I will of course go to the other games still.

Now I'm interested: What's your top five Musou games currently?

Incidentally, if you could get the weapon skill that converts a weapon user from using their Strength stat to using their Magic stat, would Sakura become a better attacker?

(Also, don't include me in the lottery: I'm getting the European Limited Edition for the Switch and will buy the 3DS one digitally so I have no need for the reward.)

7 hours ago, Folt said:

Now I'm interested: What's your top five Musou games currently?

Incidentally, if you could get the weapon skill that converts a weapon user from using their Strength stat to using their Magic stat, would Sakura become a better attacker?

(Also, don't include me in the lottery: I'm getting the European Limited Edition for the Switch and will buy the 3DS one digitally so I have no need for the reward.)

Honestly I'd probably go with Orochi 3, DW8, SW4-II, Orochi 1/DW5 as a tie and then FE:W brings up the rear of the 5. or Maybe my Nostalgia for DW3 beats it out slightly I DNO ITS HARD. 

I think she would become massively more powerful in that regard, her Magic is like 30 points higher than her Strength I think.