Celebratory Q&A w/Jedi - Closed, free copy winner Breezy

Jedi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MrStardustRicon said:

How the hell do I beat you in a supposed second Sonic 3 race?

Favorite Fates sibling?

Push Ups and plenty of juice. :p 

Ryoma and Xander, I just love big brother archetypes and it helps they have really cool designs (Ryoma wins overall for me though).

Will you have enough saved up to buy Trails of Cold Steel 3 if/when it's released in the US?

Is FE:W balanced around the sheer number of swordies that we get?

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Will you have enough saved up to buy Trails of Cold Steel 3 if/when it's released in the US?

Is FE:W balanced around the sheer number of swordies that we get?

Yeah for sure, honestly i'm considering getting a PS4 and the Japanese version just to play it and then just trying to interpret it all, since i'm that sucked into Trails and its totally your fault

While the overwhelming amount of Swordies looks like a problem I think they handled it as well as they can, Lissa, Camilla & Fred don't have TOO many issues but thats probably because you don't fight all da swordies or many swordies at once.

1) What kind of enemy would you say is the most annoying to face, named and generic?

2) Do the low-level (i.e. the hordes of mooks you can just plow through with one attack) enemy archers still deal effective damage to pegasi, or is it only the captains and named characters?

3) This will be Gharnef's first time being voiced. If you could pick anybody as his English voice actor, who would you cast as his voice?

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Push Ups and plenty of juice. :p 

4) Are you a fan of DBZ Abridged, or are you just quoting the original Funimation dub's line?

Oh, how fun!  I have a few questions of my own:

1. If you go to Story Mode with female Robin and male Corrin (since I know they're costumes), what happens?  Does it affect the cutscenes?  Does the dialogue during the battle reflect their current gender, particularly if they're among the four you control?

2. How long and hard was it to unlock female Robin and male Corrin?

3. Besides the NPCs already in the game, who do you think might be included in the announced DLC?  And why do you think Azura should definitely be included?

4. Doesn't my baby girl look gorgeous mowing down enemies in her wedding dress?

(You don't need to put me in the drawing because I already preordered the Special Edition.)

36 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

1) What kind of enemy would you say is the most annoying to face, named and generic?

2) Do the low-level (i.e. the hordes of mooks you can just plow through with one attack) enemy archers still deal effective damage to pegasi, or is it only the captains and named characters?

3) This will be Gharnef's first time being voiced. If you could pick anybody as his English voice actor, who would you cast as his voice?

4) Are you a fan of DBZ Abridged, or are you just quoting the original Funimation dub's line?

1. Xander, Leo and Elise and Generic Knights 

2. I think they do? But most of the damage will come from enemy Snipers

3. Scott Mcneil, who had a really good snarly Piccolo in the Ocean dub of DBZ

4. I'm a huge DB fan in general, so both in a way, i've seen DB, Z and such in both English, Japanese, and now TFS, I can freely switch between them. 

11 minutes ago, Fastesthe1 said:

Oh, how fun!  I have a few questions of my own:

1. If you go to Story Mode with female Robin and male Corrin (since I know they're costumes), what happens?  Does it affect the cutscenes?  Does the dialogue during the battle reflect their current gender, particularly if they're among the four you control?

2. How long and hard was it to unlock female Robin and male Corrin?

3. Besides the NPCs already in the game, who do you think might be included in the announced DLC?  And why do you think Azura should definitely be included?

4. Doesn't my baby girl look gorgeous mowing down enemies in her wedding dress?

(You don't need to put me in the drawing because I already preordered the Special Edition.)

1. I actually haven't tried this yet, but i'm pretty sure in the prerendered scenes it'd still be Fem Corrin & Male Robin. 

2. It didn't take me THAT long for Female Robin, but theres some nasty maps on the Fates history map to get Male Corrin, the Xander & Ryoma maps in general, which lock you to Lianna/Rowan and the Hoshidans or Nohrians depending on who your facing, and said opponents are super powered and highly aggressive. 

3. I think Azura, Kaze, Minerva, Merric, Tharja and Severa have solid shots but I dno beyond that. 

4. The elegant machine of destruction never stops

(Noted thanks).

Mighty kind of you to do something like this.

1. Main Heroes team?
  2. What do you think of the unlocking process for Lyn, Celica, Male/Female Corrin/Robin, etc.?
  3. What do you think of the Japanese voice acting in Warriors?

Thanks!

Does the amount of posts we make here affect our chances in the lottery?

Are you like me who, despite loving Ryoma's design overall, can NOT stand the over sized shoulder armor?

I see you rockin' the Lianna badge, which leads me to my next question: who would you want to see in the next badge update?
Also tell Vincent where's King Chrom. He promised this!

How useful would you consider a horse unit's ability to charge through enemy crowds

Edited by Motendra
additional question

Well why not.

1. Favourite swordie to play?

2. Do the little sisters (Sakura and Elise) have much reason to lay as them over their clone brothers?

3. Is Tiki fun to play and is her musou-to-awakening ability abusable like in HW with YLink?

4. What characters/costumes do you want to see from the DLC?

5. HW or FEW?

Finally for an unrelated question, dogs or cats?

How much does the game forces you to play as certain characters in history mode? One of the fun aspects of HW to me was how the game gave me no choice in many missions, so i HAD to be good with everyone. For some wonky movesets like Zant, Agitha and Ruto... it sucked at first. But I ended up liking everyone in the end.

Also, how good is Sakura in this game? I know Takumi is better unless you need to be defending somewhere, because Sakura has staff access. But is she still strong, and fun?

7 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

What's your favourite class in FE, and what experience led you to this opinion?

My favorite class is probably Swordmaster, just because of how much I like super fast swordmen being super anime. 

6 hours ago, Lukey140701 said:

Mighty kind of you to do something like this.

1. Main Heroes team?
  2. What do you think of the unlocking process for Lyn, Celica, Male/Female Corrin/Robin, etc.?
  3. What do you think of the Japanese voice acting in Warriors?

Thanks!

1. Closest thing to a main team rn I have is probably Elincia, Bike, Clarisse, Nino. I'm working on both a flier and horse team 

2. I think its actually fairly tedious but it makes History Mode feel worth playing more. Anna however is reallllllllly annoying to unlock. 

3. I think its pretty good overall, barring my annoyance with high pitched Female Corrin. 

6 hours ago, MrBawa said:

Your review already made me want to buy the game but... how hard is unlocking Anna? I've read about the requirements but I hove no idea if that's hard or time-consuming.

Thanks for doing this!

Its probably the most time consuming thing in the game, its not hard until later, as it keeps building its difficulty by how far you get in Story and History. 

No problem.

5 hours ago, Motendra said:

Does the amount of posts we make here affect our chances in the lottery?

Are you like me who, despite loving Ryoma's design overall, can NOT stand the over sized shoulder armor?

I see you rockin' the Lianna badge, which leads me to my next question: who would you want to see in the next badge update?
Also tell Vincent where's King Chrom. He promised this!

How useful would you consider a horse unit's ability to charge through enemy crowds

Unfortunately not

I really depends on what the over sized shoulder armor is on, if its stupidly by itself its not really good, but if it matches the armor its on I don't mind it. 

I'd like Matthew or Briggid myself haha. 
@VincentASM looks like you had a promise :P: 

I'd say its really useful, considering Fred, Xander, Leo and Elise can get through crowds easier than most thanks to it, allowing them to cover any distance they need better than pretty much everyone. I'd highly recommend always having one of these 4 around. 

5 hours ago, Azz said:

Well why not.

1. Favourite swordie to play?

2. Do the little sisters (Sakura and Elise) have much reason to lay as them over their clone brothers?

3. Is Tiki fun to play and is her musou-to-awakening ability abusable like in HW with YLink?

4. What characters/costumes do you want to see from the DLC?

5. HW or FEW?

Finally for an unrelated question, dogs or cats?

1. Marth, but I love playing as all of them, Chrom, Xander & Ryoma are the close 2nd ties, then Lianna (still need to unlock Lyn :<) 

2. Yes considering they can use staves and have extremely more magic, theres a skill youcan make Sakura's arrows go off her magic stat instead of her strength, Takumi meanwhile focuses speed, skill (which is Musou damage) and some bit of power. Elise is less tanky than Leo but has more raw damage. 

3. Tiki is weird to get used to but I'd say she's fun, and I believe it will be as abuseable since her first charge move does transfer her musou to her awakening bar. 

4. Pantless Marth, Sumeragi Ryoma come to mind. 

5. I like FE:W more, but HW especially Legends has its huge merits.

I've had a dog and i've been around cats, nowadays i'd probably be more of a cat person, but I still like dogs. 

4 hours ago, Sikker said:

Are Roy and Marth in this game?

1/2! 

4 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

What, in your opinion, would be the best warriors game to pick up for the Vita/3DS? I'm interested in expanding my breadth in the franchise, and that is where I would like to begin.

Also, has there been a sighting of Tunic Marth yet?

Ultimate Orochi 3 on the Vita probably, HWL on the 3DS if you have a N3DS, I cannot recommend a Warriors game to someone who just has a plain 3DS since it can't handle it. (speaking from experience as someone who has the default model 3DS). 

Not yet, but it'll probably be coming at some point or anything, Link in HW did get a costume based on his classic first look eventually.

2 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

How much does the game forces you to play as certain characters in history mode? One of the fun aspects of HW to me was how the game gave me no choice in many missions, so i HAD to be good with everyone. For some wonky movesets like Zant, Agitha and Ruto... it sucked at first. But I ended up liking everyone in the end.

Also, how good is Sakura in this game? I know Takumi is better unless you need to be defending somewhere, because Sakura has staff access. But is she still strong, and fun?

History Mode has a decent amount of character forcing, and its usually a group, I had a really strange restriction I ran into the other day where I could only use Robin, Tiki, Elise and Leo. 

Sakura is good for her healing factor and is fairly strong, especially with a skill that allows her to deal bow damage with her magic stat instead of her strength stat.

1. How is your day?

2. do the Clone characters in Warriors games still feel decently unique (like Marth and Roy in Melee).

3. What other Nintendo Francises do you think Warriors should cross over with next. 

Edited by Locke087

1) What's your opinion on Rowan and Lianna now that you've played the game? Waste of character slots? Inoffensive additions that help give a neutral ground to the story? Fun characters being unfairly judged?

2) Of all the characters you have who would you say is the most dominant in each of the stats?

3) How about weakest in each stat?

Which of the new twins was your favorite? Do they play differently from each other at all or are they clones of each other?

If you could add two characters from every Fire Emblem game, who would you add?

Which character do you find to be the least fun to play as?

How would you change the clone characters to make them more unique? 

Edited by AirPhoenix

Are you a Hoshido, or Nohr Noble?

Are the stat level-ups randomized?

56 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Unfortunately not

Tbh, I was half-joking about that but good!

59 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'd like Matthew or Briggid myself haha. 
@VincentASM looks like you had a promise :P: 

@VincentASM, he may ignore me, but I gots receipts! :P:

Are you able to play on just the one joy-con? I'm hoping not to have to spend a load of money just to play multiplayer. 

Any stages you found particularly annoying?

Edit: What do the generic class enemy captains play like? Any especially cool looking or annoying to fight against?

Edited by functionally_insane

1. Is there any other Warriors Spin-offs you would like to see?

2. Would there be any Fire Emblem spin-offs you would like to see?

3. How does Cordelia play when compared to the sword users like Chrom?

4. Is dodge-cancelling still as effective as it was in Hyrule Warriors?

5. What would be your favorite game genre? (RPGs JRPGs, Shooters, 2d or 3d platformers, Etc)

6. Who is your Smash Bros main?

8 hours ago, Locke087 said:

1. How is your day?

2. do the Clone characters in Warriors games still feel decently unique (like Marth and Roy in Melee).

3. What other Nintendo Francises do you think Warriors should cross over with next. 

1. Went well, work was smooth! 

2. I'd say the statlines make them standout at least, not as much in Chrom & Lucina's case but still. 

3. I'd love to see a Smash brothers version. 

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

1) What's your opinion on Rowan and Lianna now that you've played the game? Waste of character slots? Inoffensive additions that help give a neutral ground to the story? Fun characters being unfairly judged?

2) Of all the characters you have who would you say is the most dominant in each of the stats?

3) How about weakest in each stat?

1. I'd like to see how they are in English, but i think they're fine. I actually love Lianna's design and Rowan is a dork so it balances his goofy design out, I think they're unfairly judged. 

2. Uhhhhh 

Xander and Chrom seem to have the best strength 
Ryoma has speed 
Takumi Skill 
Elise Magic (Sakura is pretty beefy here too). 
Def I think is Fred 
Marth I think has the best Luck? Of people I have so far
Res the Pegasus all have really high res. 

3. I didn't pay that much attention but Elise has the lowest strength, Chrom & Marth have miserable Magic, Fred has really low res. 

8 hours ago, Azz said:

Just another question, what do each of the stats do?

Strength is physical damage 
Magic is Magicial Damage and Stave usage 
Skill is Musou Damage 
Speed is Awakening bar longevity (or so we theorize) 
Res and Def are the same 

8 hours ago, AirPhoenix said:

Which of the new twins was your favorite? Do they play differently from each other at all or are they clones of each other?

If you could add two characters from every Fire Emblem game, who would you add?

Which character do you find to be the least fun to play as?

How would you change the clone characters to make them more unique? 

Lianna, they're clones but with different stats, Rowan focuses more power and Lianna is faster. 

FE1/11 - Jeorge, Wolf
3/12 - Katarina, Clarisse 
4 - Finn, Briggid 
5 - Selfina, Sara 
6 - Igrene, Percival 
7 - Matthew, Eliwood 
8 - Seth, L'arachel 
9 - Zihark, Ike
10 - Elincia, Nolan
13 - Say'ri, Miriel 
14 - Kaze, Scarlet 

I find Pegasus to be the most standard and dull but they still have neat aerial tricks. 

I'd have Lucina focus on class change in her moveset using all the different classes featured in Awakening as charge moves, i'd give Sakura scrolls with having some bow side moves, I'd make Elise focus more on pretty looking magic with sparkles and fireworks, I'd have to think harder on the rest. 

7 hours ago, Motendra said:

Are you a Hoshido, or Nohr Noble?

Are the stat level-ups randomized?

Tbh, I was half-joking about that but good!

@VincentASM, he may ignore me, but I gots receipts! :P:

For the glory of Broshido (although I like Conquest alot). 

They are semi fixed to my knowledge. 

7 hours ago, ShadeOfTyranny said:

Question:

Have you played any other Warriors games, and if so, how does Fire Emblem Warriors compare to them?

I have played most of them, and I'd say FE:W compares very favorably while not quite reaching the toppest of tiers (Those being Orochi 3, DW8 and SW4-II), its still really really good and uses the FE mechanics in the ways I hoped they would. 

7 hours ago, functionally_insane said:

Are you able to play on just the one joy-con? I'm hoping not to have to spend a load of money just to play multiplayer. 

Any stages you found particularly annoying?

Edit: What do the generic class enemy captains play like? Any especially cool looking or annoying to fight against?

No you need both for all the various controls. 

The History Mode maps for Ryoma and Xander on the Fates map are super brutal and rush you down with no mercy and super powered enemies you have to find a way to debuff them while getting relentlessly assaulted.

The captains have some of the movesets your dudes have, like the mages have Robins, and the Great knights have Freds, although dudes like Knights have their own unique movesets, Knights and Snipers are annoying to fight due to their tankiness & quickness, as are mages

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

1. Is there any other Warriors Spin-offs you would like to see?

2. Would there be any Fire Emblem spin-offs you would like to see?

3. How does Cordelia play when compared to the sword users like Chrom?

4. Is dodge-cancelling still as effective as it was in Hyrule Warriors?

5. What would be your favorite game genre? (RPGs JRPGs, Shooters, 2d or 3d platformers, Etc)

6. Who is your Smash Bros main?

1. Trails/Kiseki I'd literally die of happiness for. 

2. I'd like an action/stealth game where you play as a Thief, that'd also have badass hack n slash segments. 

3. Cordelia and the other 2 pegasus focus on wide sweeps and carrying people into the air to juggle them until their meter is depleted. 

4. Yes

5. I'd say Platformers, Beat Em Ups, JRPGs and Action games, but I dabble in all genres. 

6. in 64 its Mario, in Melee its Peach, in Brawl its Marth, in Project M its Link, and in Smash 4 its Ike.