Serenes Forest Signature of the week

Doom103

SERENES FOREST Signature of the week

Copied from Smashboards

Welcome!

"Signature of the Week" (SOTW) is a friendly competition with the purpose of promoting progress among artists and some fun along the way.

This thread will serve as the new and improved home for weekly themes, rules, and regulations, discussion about the current entries (displayed here), and the SOTW Hall of Fame (a resting place for previous winning entries).

Each weekend will bring a new theme. Once the week's theme has been posted, anyone and everyone who would like to enter may send their entries directly to me via Private Message in the following format:

------------------

Title: SOTW Entry #X

Contents of the PM: your signature + the URL link to your signature from any sort of image hosting site.

------------------

After the entries are sent in and the deadline has come around for the current week, the entries will be posted in this thread for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

***** Feel free to discuss the current SOTW entries in this thread, but please refrain from unrelated discussion and spam. *****

---------------------------

Judges

Doom103

Raven

Thunder Lord

MaSu

Kiba

Saint Sword

NTG

--------------------

Rules

Rules and regulations:

- SIGS MUST BE GFXED

- Animations NOT acceptable!

- All entered signatures must be viewable on the specified due date or they will be disregarded (do not delete your SOTW entry from your image hosting album).

- MUST be your own work.

------------------------------------

Signature of the Week #1

Theme Fire Emblem

Submit to me via pm by 11/15/08

Judging deadline 11/19/08

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Yea and you too TL

If I see someone more fit I will remove you though, only if that person makes sigs I will replace you

but judging has nothing to do with MAKING them.........we can look at something and tell if its good even if we dont possess the skills to make them........

but judging has nothing to do with MAKING them.........we can look at something and tell if its good even if we dont possess the skills to make them........

that is a double sided answer but yea pretty much for this case only, if there were better gfxer here than it would make a difference

Well, the size limit on entries shouldn't have to reflect the forum's rules, unless people actually want to use the sig they made afterwards.

One thing I would add... Make them send in a picture of the stock image they used if the did use any.

I think this would be a good idea too. It'd be interesting to actually see the changes that have been made.

EDIT:

I think this contest is mainly for GFX (Photoshop/GIMP stuff etc.), in response to the post above. And I guess animations aren't allowed just to make the contest fair, because not everyone animates.

Edited by NomadicTrooperGirl

There's one I'd like to post but it's 15MB and Photobucket doesn't want me to upload it =\

It's either animated or way too large (dimensionwise). I don't think a tiff file would be that big for these dimensions either.

No animations end of story, animations and gfx are two different things

Lyle I forgot to say the sigs have to be gfxed

Rei I would like to ask you to be judege

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Ehh, that's a pretty over-demanding contest you got there. "Must be GFXed", "No animations".....

no offense, but is this a contest to see who makes sigs just like Doom_Dragon? I mean, a sig contest without unnecessary limitations can attract member's attention (FFA - Free for All)

Ehh, that's a pretty over-demanding contest you got there. "Must be GFXed", "No animations".....

no offense, but is this a contest to see who makes sigs just like Doom_Dragon? I mean, a sig contest without unnecessary limitations can attract member's attention (FFA - Free for All)

You cant compare animations to regular sigs they are differnt

Yes they have to be gfxed, because well that what sig making is all about isn't it