Fell Contract

Raven

Fell Contract  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who signs the Fell Contract you can obtain in-game?

• Matthew
    • Legault
    • I use Jaffar
    • I don't use Assassins

I've voted Matthew. I get him and Guy to an A support, then watch Matthew and Guy Silence and critical, respectively, everything in range. It's quite fun.

Everyone else?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find any uses for Assassins in my strategies. Other than in FE8 where the enemies mostly fail, Assassins don't do enough damage for me (to 1 round enemies) and I don't like relying on lucky criticals or OHKOs.

I've voted Matthew. I get him and Guy to an A support, then watch Matthew and Guy Silence and critical, respectively, everything in range. It's quite fun.

Everyone else?

I've done that a few times, but I consider Legault the better assasin.

I don't find any uses for Assassins in my strategies. Other than in FE8 where the enemies mostly fail, Assassins don't do enough damage for me (to 1 round enemies) and I don't like relying on lucky criticals or OHKOs.

Well Assassins are considered one of the worst class among most expert players, alongside with Snipers IMHO. They happen to have the worst Str cap of 20 which is quite not good when you think about it. They're also complete slaves to the RNG, even more so than most other classes (Beserkers and Swordmasters). Meaning they depend on the RNG to put out critical hits. Especially their skills OHKO/Silencer which happen to be no better than critical hit in a LOT of situations. Meaning they need to relay on killer weapons such as Killing Edge in order to active their OHKO/Silencer skills to be of decent use. Which can hurt your fund ratings since they probably need more just 1 Killing Edge.

On top of that, Assassins are quite a waste of time in FE7 since the earliest point that they're able to promote either of Matthew/Legault is Night of Farewell. Which is quite a tough call between both Matthew and Legault for that only one Fell Contract...Earth Seal won't even work to promote them. Also there aren't any arenas left to arena abuse other than Battle Preparation, but you'll have so little time to train them since the Chpt. only ends in 5 turns. Especially, if your ain't hitting anywhere near a level 20 Assassins. Its also a bad idea to hog all the enemies to either of your protential Assassins while you should be more worry about finishing leveling up your teams. You can also purchase unlimited Fell Contract at Chpt. 30/32 Victory or Death for like what 50000 Golds in a Secret Shop?! So not worth it, seeing as you get another protential Assassins the last minute of the game and you probably wouldn't want to just them. By the time they're already promoted you probably already assembled a good army. Especially if your playing Eliwood's mode since you don't unlock the gaiden chapter on that mode. Playing Hector's mode would be a good opportunity to level up your Assassins if you were to unlock the gaiden chapter in Chpt. 32x. But again it's a waste of time and already assemble your army then. Unless you REALLY like Assassins so much...

I still like Assassins despite the fact...

On ranked runs, you might not even want to promote your Thieves. Why, because you want them to steal stuff to contribute to the Funds Rank. And if you really want to use an Assassin, then you can just use Jaffar, but I wouldn't use an Assassin at all. Matthew and Legault are incredibly useful, though, but only as a Thief.

On non-ranked runs, Matthew is the best in my opinion. He joins early and at a high level (if you trained him in Lyn's Story) and will give you several very useful Items. Plus, he supports Guy. And Guy, as we all know, pwns.

I consider myself to be a expert players but I only like Assassins just because they're cool next to Swordmasters. I would vote for Matthew of giving the Fell Contract but realizing that using it to promote Matthew would take away your fund ratings so I'm gonna go for Jaffar because he saves you the opportunity to not use a Fell Contract. And he has a good start-out base stats.

I don't particularly like using assassins for stated reasons but when I do, Legault. And in my personal exerience, Guy has been the worst myrmidon turned swordmaster ever. He was never horrible, just average.

• 2 weeks later...
Guy has been the worst myrmidon turned swordmaster ever. He was never horrible, just average.

Somewhat off topic, but I completly agree with you. Karel usually turns out better for me.

Back on topic, I used it on Mattew once, he ended up with fantastic speed, but everything else was average. I havn't tried Legault peoperly, so I just use Jaffar (shame about the low strength though, Volke in FE9 got a higher cap [24])

Somewhat off topic, but I completly agree with you. Karel usually turns out better for me.

Back on topic, I used it on Mattew once, he ended up with fantastic speed, but everything else was average. I havn't tried Legault peoperly, so I just use Jaffar (shame about the low strength though, Volke in FE9 got a higher cap [24])

That was probably to make up for the lack of ability to use swords, only knives, which kind of sucked.

I use Jaffar and Legault.

Legault just has an awesome personality and he pwns...oh and he has a great visual design too. Purple hair rules.

dont forget his scar. that is cool too

If I use it, it goes to Matthew just because by that point I put alot of work into him. 90% of the time I don't bother though. Usually I kill off Jaffar on purpose.

If I use it, it goes to Matthew just because by that point I put alot of work into him. 90% of the time I don't bother though. Usually I kill off Jaffar on purpose.

So you don't go to Night of Farewells?