Change in signature rule

NTG

It has been pointed out recently that some signatures seem to be way too high, and after some discussion all of the moderating team have agreed that there should a limit to the whole signature height (whole signature meaning text/quotes/image).

Therefore now, your signature must be no higher than 400 pixels ("guidelines" also apply here, so it doesn't matter if it's ~20 pixels off). The rule for image size remains the same (about 550 x 300 px).

We will wait until a week passes for everyone to fix their signatures, however after that we'll just start to shorten people's sigs for them (but a mod will PM you with your original signature in case you wanted to keep something).

--------

* A suggestion for people with many quotes:

Remove the quote boxes and just have the quotes inside speech marks.

* A suggestion for people with large images:

Resize them down or cut part of it out. If you don't have programs to do good resizes, then just post here (stating your desired image height) and I or someone else will do it for you.

--------

You may post questions etc.

Edited by NomadicTrooperGirl

If you have Paint (or a simple image editor), press Print Screen on your keyboard, paste into the program, edit so only your sig is visible, and in Paint go to Image -> Attributes to see your image size.

Or I guess you can just try comparing to this box (taken from Hanz):

limitcheckdw8.png

Edited by NomadicTrooperGirl

If you have Paint (or a simple image editor), press Print Screen on your keyboard, paste into the program, edit so only your sig is visible, and in Paint go to Image -> Attributes to see your image size.

limitcheckdw8.png

Mines a little bit bigger. Am I OK?

Or you can just right click on the image in any browser and go to "properties." It should list the image dimensions.

A simple way to check the dimensions of the image in your sig is to right click on it and select 'Properties'. Then look for 'Image Dimensions' and you're done. :)

EDIT: Yeah, what Sandman said. xD

Edited by Fireman

limitcheckdw8.png

Mine is good enough then.

Or you can just right click on the image in any browser and go to "properties." It should list the image dimensions.

I know about that, but I also have text underneath the picture.

A simple way to check the dimensions of the image in your sig is to right click on it and select 'Properties'. Then look for 'Image Dimensions' and you're done. :)

EDIT: Yeah, what Sandman said. XD

But guys, this isn't for images, it's for the entire sig itself.

I think you should remove a few of the spaces between the lines, and then it should be near enough okay.

Kay. *changes*

How bout know???

@Adam: There's never been a limit on number of quotes :0. Just as long as the whole sig is not +400.

@Yuri Lowell: Yep, fine.

@Richter Abend: Yes, too tall. I suggest removing the spaces and the code box, as Will ^ said.

@Adam: There's never been a limit on number of quotes :0. Just as long as the whole sig is not +400.

There was a limit on quotes. We were only allowed a max of 4 after users were going around with like 6 at once.

But I guess it's gone now.

There was a limit on quotes. We were only allowed a max of 4 after users were going around with like 6 at once.

But I guess it's gone now.

Oh right, I see~ Yes, I guess it doesn't matter now since we have a sig height limit.