The dumbest thing that you said about Fire Emblem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Sophia is a good unit (I still use her as my main Shaman in FE6 though because Raigh's a bitch and Niime, i forget she exists)
  2. Fates' story is good
  3. Ests are good units (I still use most of them though)
  4. Both Jugdral games are terrible oh wait, i still hold true to that opinion
  5. Awakening Pair-Up isn't broken

Lets see...

1. Don't use Jeigans
  2. Only promote at 20
  3. Est characters are good units
  4. Use a variety of classes (which can be extended to: don't use multiple of the same class)
  5. Armored units are good units
  6. Save valuable items in case you need them later

Basically, name a noob trap, I've said it before (not necessarily online, though).

EDIT: Oh, and the worst thing I've ever said: prepromotes are bad. There you go, ladies and gentlemen. I used to say incredibly stupid things.

Edited by DolphinDingus

FE 5 is harder than FE10 (answer- the hype is not real. despite some nasty pre-promotes enemies during the escape and mechanics)

FE4 is harder than any game that isn't FE1, FE3, FE8, FE9, or Awakening Normal/Hard mode (answer-  Holy blood boosted growths, enemy Paladins being grind-tier enemies for new recruits, Replacement runs not actually making game harder due to the fixed units you still get AND their own usuable stats )

FE3 is Harder than any game that isn't FE1, FE4, FE8, FE9, or Awakening Normal/Hard Mode (answer- low  enemy stats, funnel friendly map design)

Being weighed down significantly matters in FE7-9 (answer- you still double 90% with the speed penalty so feel free to use Javelin!pegusus knights and Soren)

There's a list somewhere, where I claimed that FE games are worse SRPGs than any other Japanese SRPG from a really broad list of games (answer- it's ridiculously broken on the whole, but not THAT ridiculously broken)

The only thing preventing FE from being a good franchise is removing "strategy" from the title of the genre it is in. (answer- answer)

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

He is though.

In 2 playthroughs of Por he ended up with 13 and 10 speed and his best stat beside hp was his 17 luck at level 20. 

Edited by Tuvy2

7 hours ago, Armagon said:
  1. Both Jugdral games are terrible oh wait, i still hold true to that opinion

At least you're admitting that this a dumb thing you say.

Anyway.

• Kris' presence isn't THAT distracting.
  • Gaiden could never be turned into a good game.
  • Jagens are all bad and not worth using.
  • Mages/Sages are vanilla and boring.

I once said, when I was very new to FE, that prepromotes are bad because they steal EXP from unpromoted units. It's funny thinking back on it, how much of a scrub I was. Of course this was only due to me starting out FE and asking for advice on lolGameFAQs and listening to them. I'm glad I think differently nowadays. 

Oh, dear. Where do I even begin?

• Wendy is worth it if you put in the effort to train her up. 
  • Don't bother training up the Dawn Brigade. They'll just become dead weight come late game.
  • The usual "don't use Jagens, they eat up EXP" spiel.
  • The FE8 trainee units are integral to a great playthrough. (14 year old me was an ardent supporter of underdogs, apparently.)

Finally, the single worst thing I've ever said apropos to an FE game:

• Don't use Seth.
Edited by Xanaxian
Really needed to emphasize how badly I forked up once.

• I need to replace Marcus soon. He's not doing very well and is kill-stealing (first FE7 playthrough)
  • Seth is even worse than Marcus. (first time I tried FE8 before VC)
  • lol bye Jagen (I blame this one on Normal difficulty)
  • What are these new paralogues on the map? New units? Who do I recruit them with? (first playthrough of Awakening, promptly reset when I came to the realization that Lucina wasn't the only child from her timeline)
  • I can outrun the Black Knight (first time playing through Path of Radiance. This one cost me Zihark).

5 hours ago, Tuvy2 said:

In 2 playthroughs of Por he ended up with 13 and 10 speed and his best stat beside hp was his 17 luck at level 20. 

Generally speaking, he's very good, it's just you got unlucky with the RNG on both occasions.

"Oh boy! RD is a brand new FE game, and I'm so excited to play it!" As a FE fan, I don't think I was ever so disappointed in a game I wanted to love, but couldn't. I think it was my first realization that just because it's from a series that I love, that it doesn't necessarily mean it would be good.

I was in the Jeigans are bad camp for a while, but then Marcus came along. And I'm talking about 6 Marcus, who is arguably the best designed Jeigan for being instrumental early on and falling off later when he's supposed to.

26 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

"Oh boy! RD is a brand new FE game, and I'm so excited to play it!" As a FE fan, I don't think I was ever so disappointed in a game I wanted to love, but couldn't. I think it was my first realization that just because it's from a series that I love, that it doesn't necessarily mean it would be good.

Wait... were you disappointed that it was a sequel to PoR, and you didn't know the story? Or that you straight up didn't like the game? Or... some other reason? Because I really like RD, and I'm wondering how being excited for it was one of the dumbest things you said about FE...

Other stupid things I've said: "Oh, this character has low constitution, so I can't give them heavy weapons." Also, at one point I did think the trainees were good units.