The dumbest thing that you said about Fire Emblem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, DragonFlames said:

- Uh, guys... Guys? Dumping all resources on your favourite unit / character to make them strong automatically means they are viable, right? (Sanaki is best mage! / Kurthnaga is best dragon!)

I don't know about you, but I made a playthrough of radiant dawn and managed to make kurthnaga ridiculously op before the second endgame map, just don't waste bonus xp on him and he is pretty solid after about 5 blossom levels. by the time I got to degiensia he could one round a white dragon.

I recall thinking that meg was not viable at one time, but in RD almost everyone is viable, I still to this day shoehorn mist into my endgame team.

I don't want to start over though, on my first time playing a fire emblem and a painfully underleveled myrrh was one rounded by orson, a few chapters prior half my team was killed by vigarde until I learned what bonus damage is

I already have a pegasus knight, when I let tana die in her recruitement chapter

I think I'll go with ephraim because I've already had  a bunch of chapters with erika, I learned after vigarde, that I had really messed up. I still managed to beat the game on that file, almost everyone died but I still beat it.

The usual suspects of "ew prepromotes are such exp hogs, off to the bench" and "wow [est of the game] is so powerful after trained, best unit!" apply to me too. I think I learnt better on my 3rd or 4th FE.

Also, "Mist and Rhys are the best units to give bexp to" in PoR. (context: I was convinced it was best to level everyone to 20 to promote them with levels and leveling healers was annoying)

4 hours ago, Sylphid said:

The usual suspects of "ew prepromotes are such exp hogs, off to the bench" and "wow [est of the game] is so powerful after trained, best unit!" apply to me too. I think I learnt better on my 3rd or 4th FE.

Also, "Mist and Rhys are the best units to give bexp to" in PoR. (context: I was convinced it was best to level everyone to 20 to promote them with levels and leveling healers was annoying)

I always train Mist because she's the only healer Ike gets when he's facing the Black Knight, and any chance I have to not have to do that fight over again is a chance I'll take. Especially since she has to fight those reinforcement soldiers if she's going to help. As for rolf... well... yeah good luck getting an underleveled archer up to speed.

It's easy to say inaccurate things about a game when you first play it so I won't include first time arounds like when I initially played my imported Fates (I considered Takumi top tier).

I guess it would be when I was somewhat into min maxing in Awakening and adamantly thought Assassin was the best class for females :huh:

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

I always train Mist because she's the only healer Ike gets when he's facing the Black Knight, and any chance I have to not have to do that fight over again is a chance I'll take. Especially since she has to fight those reinforcement soldiers if she's going to help. As for rolf... well... yeah good luck getting an underleveled archer up to speed.

I do the exact same thing. But I don't make her the top bexp priority, or pour all my bexp into her+rhys anymore :P:

(Incidentally, Rolf was my usual third bexp target. Though that's because I like the lad, not because of thinking it's the most optimal thing to do)