Looking For Skills for Gunter

XIII Hearts

Hey there.  I'm currently playing through Conquest once again in order to finally complete it on Lunatic and in this play through I wanted to use Gunter as much as possible.  I know he sucks, which is why I'm looking for skills to help make up for his shortcomings.  I already got Aptitude for him, but I need more skills in order to make sure he doesn't instantly die.

I'm mainly looking for two skills in particular; Wary Fighter and Pavise.  Wary Fighter so that he won't get doubled and Pavise to take advantage of his Skill stat and help his survivability even further (I can get Aegis through Heart Sealing him into a Paladin).  I know I could have done it myself had I made a Female Corrin with Knight as her secondary class, but I don't like using Knights, and I'm already at Chapter 16 so I don't want to have to play through the game another time.  So I'm asking if anyone can share their MyCastle with a Gunter that has those skills that I mentioned.  I'm a North American player by the way.

I don't have wary fighter on Gunter because I restrict that taking skills in my conquest runs. But I will say that Gunter is in fact usable even in lunatic because of his good bases(except speed). Before I get destroyed by conquest vets he is a solely a player phase unit unless he tanks only 1 physical unit enemy phase because of his speed. With access to a lot of weapons and an acceptable attack stat he can help clean up really easy and can let you get a decent calvary unit with no investment without having to train up Silas or peri. Just don't look at him as a frontline unit and he is indeed usable.

I can confirm that you can beat the game using Gunter without making him pair up fodder, and that you don't need invest in him to be useful, just play off his strengths.

P.s. I found forging some of his weapons helped out a lot too.

again before I get flamed I am arguing that he is usable without babying him with bonus skills... not that he is actually a top tier unit.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:50 AM, JimmyBeans said:

I don't have wary fighter on Gunter because I restrict that taking skills in my conquest runs. But I will say that Gunter is in fact usable even in lunatic because of his good bases(except speed). Before I get destroyed by conquest vets he is a solely a player phase unit unless he tanks only 1 physical unit enemy phase because of his speed. With access to a lot of weapons and an acceptable attack stat he can help clean up really easy and can let you get a decent calvary unit with no investment without having to train up Silas or peri. Just don't look at him as a frontline unit and he is indeed usable.

I can confirm that you can beat the game using Gunter without making him pair up fodder, and that you don't need invest in him to be useful, just play off his strengths.

P.s. I found forging some of his weapons helped out a lot too.

again before I get flamed I am arguing that he is usable without babying him with bonus skills... not that he is actually a top tier unit.

Gunter at his maximum potential is legitimately one of the highest power unit in the entire Conquest. Some people actually manage to solo Conquest Hard with him by relying on how crazilly overpowered his skillset are

On 10/8/2017 at 7:04 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gunter at his maximum potential is legitimately one of the highest power unit in the entire Conquest. Some people actually manage to solo Conquest Hard with him by relying on how crazilly overpowered his skillset are

I agree! People need to realize that the later you get a unit the less growths actually matter, and considering you don't get Gunter until about the last stretch of the game, his growths don't mean anything. I like Gunter a lot, and I find him fun to use despite his low popularity.