DLC Package Characters (speculation)

Corbin

So if Owain, Navarre, Oboro, and Niles were added in a free update, what playable characters can you see being added via the upcoming DLC packages for each game? Here are my two cents:

Fates: Azura, Silas, Laslow, Beruka, Setsuna, Subaki (I was planning on also listing the ninja twins, Felicia, and Jakob, but since knives haven't been confirmed via update yet, I'm not considering them (I still love you guys))

Awakening: Virion, Cherche, Nowi, Gaius, Severa, Lon'qu, Tharja

SD: Merric, Ogma, Minerva, Lena, Linde, Julian

I posted this on Reddit so yeah. I did this under the assumption each pack will have some kind of story attached to it.

Fates: Azura, Gunter/Jakob (With Felica alt skin ala Robin and Corrin), Lilith/Garon. The theme is Revelation.

-Azura has already been soft confirmed so no doubt she will be added. Plus she has a major role in Rev.

-Gunter, like Azura, has a major role in Rev and also he would bolster the axe roster, who only has three currently, the lowest in the game. Though he would probably end up a Freddy clone

-Jakob is here cause he is Corrin's retainer and it makes sense he would be here. He has a Felicia alt skin so M!Corrin also has his retainer. I am less sure on Jakob getting in since they would have to create a new moveset for him and add a new weapon type, which is why I think Gunter will get in over him.

-Lilith cause she could be interesting and also has a significant role when involved with Anankos Rev. The only problem with Lilith is they would have to make a new dragonstone moveset since Tiki's would not fit with Lilith.

-Garon I can see since he is the big bad and it is a crime with how Iago got in but he didn't. The only problem I see with this is if Gunter and him get in, that's two axe users with more so Nohrian backgrounds.

Personally I'd like Jakob and Lilith to be added since Jakob would have the Nohr rep, Azura would be the Hoshido rep and Lilith would be neutral.

Shadow Dragon: Minerva, Merric/Linde, Camus. Theme is just the War of Shadows.

-Minerva is fairly self explanatory. We need another Wyvern other than Camilla and Minerva, who has had a recent surge in popularity would make the most sense IMO.

-Merric and Linde are also explanatory. They both have legendary tomes and have a connection to Marth in Merric's case and Gharnef in Linde's case. Either would be fine but my personal preference would be Merric.

-Camus is also an obvious choice. One of the big bads in SD, has a legendary weapon and also could have his own unique moveset being a Lance Cavalry. Also, like Minerva, he has gotten quite popular thanks to Heroes and SoV.

Awakening: For Awakening, I have multiple picks. First we have Severa, Inigo and Morgan (With male alt) with a theme of Future Past. Next we have a Valm theme with Virion, Cherche and Walhart. Finally we have just popular choices with Tharja, Gaius and Nowi.

-For the first choice, I think this makes the most sense. Considering we have Owain and Lucina, it makes sense to get Severa and Inigo, and Morgan would tag along since she is Robin's daughter. Also Cordy is present, so her daughter should be too. The only problem with this is that Severa and Inigo are swordies and we already have enough and those and Morgan would just be a clone of Robin. However, I still think this is the most likely since it makes sense story wise, relationship wise and also they are all fairly popular.

-Next is Valm with Cherche, Virion and Walhart. I personally would like this one however I see more problems with it. Cherche and Walhart are two axe users and if Minerva gets in, that would be three identical Wyvern Riders and Walhart would more than likely be a Freddy clone, so that's also three if Gunter gets in. Then we have Virion would no doubt be a clone of Takumi, Sakura, Anna and Niles. Basically, I like this set cause of the characters and theme, but they would all be clones.

-Finally, we have popular choices. Tharja and Gaius are fairly popular and would finish the quartet of the summer DLC. Nowi would also add another dragonstone user and she would work with Tiki's current moveset, they would just need a new manakete form for her Awakening Mode. The only problem I see here is that I don't see any possible them unlike all the others.

But yeah, that's about it. Obviously, I excluded armours, but there are just no popular armours that would make sense. The only one I could being added is Kellam, solely for his gimmick, but Kellam is really forgettable. I could also see Effie, but she is a retainer and they would need to also include her foil, being Hana like they did with Oboro and Niles, but I just don't see that happening.

I believe they've said each DLC pack will have three characters, no?

Anyway, as lazy as they were with clone characters, I think at the very least all the paid DLC folks will be original movesets to warrant purchases. Perhaps that's optimistic, but operating under that assumption...

Fates: Azura (Singer), Arthur or Charlotte (Fighter), Kaden or Selkie (Kitsune)

Awakening: Severa (Bow Knight), Inigo (Mercenary), Donnel (Villager)

Shadow Dragon: Draug (Knight), Julian (Thief), Merric (Mage)

The problem is that I'm not sure what they're doing with movesets. It seems like, aside from the various Sword Infantry lords having unique movesets, any weapon/mount combination just gets clones; all unmounted Bow users play the same regardless of whether they're an Archer, Shrine Maiden, Trickster, or Outlaw. All mounted Tome users play the same whether they're a Dark Knight or Troubador. In that regard, the only weapon/mount combinations we don't have (counting Oboro) are a Sword + Flier, which doesn't exist in the three games, a Lance + Cavalry, which will fail because Paladins are locked into Swords and Great Knights are locked into Axes, a Bow + Cavalry, which could happen as Severa, and Bow + Flier, which would have to be Reina and she's not happening any time this century.

Edited by Anomalocaris

This is more like a wishlist than a prediction, but here I go:

Fates: Garon (we need axe users and he has the best potential), Lilith (I don‘t know, I like the character and I think her dragon form would give her areally interesting moveset) and Effie (an armour unit that we still don‘t have).

Shadow Dragon: (note: I've never played, but I'll try it XD) Camus (I know him because of Echoes and Heroes... and he would be a mouned lance unit), Naga (a really crazy option, but... having the lord of dragons as a playable unit would be interesting) and Jake (is the boyfriend of Anna and we yould have a Ballistican. He could use bows as in Fates if we don't want to add a weapon type).

Awakening: Walhart (Wolf Berg can give him a different moveset than Frederick's), Cherche (to have a real wyvern rider instead of a malig knight like Camilla) and Inigo (as a Bow Knight... I prefer him as a hero and having Severa as the Bow Knight, but I prefer Inigo over Severa, so...).

So I'm going off we're getting 13 characters later on and the 4 already in the game as part of an update, so

Shadow Dragon: Camus, Minerva, and Let's throw an oddball in with Xane/Naga

Awakening: Gaius, Tharja, and Severa (hey if Cordelia is at the cutscene where Owain and Lucina reveal themselves, why not her too)

Fates: Azura, Lillith (just cause another dragon user, I honestly wouldn't mind if she was a tiki clone but a dragon fish), and Silas (would want Felicia/Jakob in, but no sense having them both and they are debatable while Silas is in every pathway and has a set recruitment)

What I think is most likely: 

• Shadow Dragon: Camus (because he's the most prominent character from Akaneia outside Marth himself), Merric (because he has a personal connection to Marth plus Excalibur and popularity) and Draug (because he's the closest to "popular Armor Knight" we're going to get)
  • Awakening: Tharja (because she's the most likely "draw" character for the pack), Severa (because of her popularity), and Virion (popularity, plus also having his preferred weapon type in-game)
  • Fates: Azura (because she's soft-confirmed already), Laslow (because of his popularity), and Charlotte (also because of popularity)

This isn't my own personal wishlist, because most of the characters on mine aren't reasonable to expect as adds.

Edited by Azure Sen

A somewhat pessimistic prediction here, assuming that there will be no free updates that unlocks the NPCs:

• Navarre, Ogma (since we have Navarre), Minerva (popularity, I suppose)
  • Owain, Severa, Inigo (to complete the time travel trio; also, everyone uses swords and swords are all the rage in FE Warriors, right?)
  • Niles, Oboro (paid unlocks of existing contents! Yay!), Azura

If the NPCs are available as updates, I'd say Camus, Tharja (maybe 3000-year-old Tiki?), Felicia and/or Jakob, and maybe Kaze. Nothing too exciting for me (besides an entire new weapon type), but I don't think I'll ever see most of my favorite characters in a crossover other than Cipher.

Edited by nocturnal YL