The lack of dual audio is now confirmed [EDIT - Day 1 Update Adds Dual Audio Option]

Gaia093

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Are people still angry at this? It takes nothing away from the game.

It's a matter of preference, plain and simple.

Not sure what that has to with anger, though. This is just information.

2 hours ago, Pizzaface said:

Now I'm really glad I bought the Japanese version.

Technically you can still play the US version in Japanese, as the tweets above imply. You just need to change the system's language, but the text will change along with the audio.

Glad I got the Japanese version now. Not because I think the English voices are garbage, but since I played all other games with Fates characters (Fates amd Heroes) in Japanese, those VAs just are the characters to me. Still find it weird that they didn't include it. There are no songs to license this time, so I assume it has something to do with the huge amount of voice files in this game.

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Still find it weird that they didn't include it. There are no songs to license this time, so I assume it has something to do with the huge amount of voice files in this game.

The Japanese voice files are included in the game card. They didn't include an option to switch them simply because they didn't want to.

Edited by Gaia093

"Is now confirmed"... Boy, it's confirmed since the E3, and Nintendo remember it in all of the trailers they've launched. If the people were lying themselves all this time... XD.

However, the tweet confirms that even the american and european Switch copies have Japanese audio, but in the sacrifice to change the language of the entire game (and the Switch OS).

In my case, I don't really care about the absence of dual audio (although I'm going to have an ear bleeding with Hinoka every time she talks until I get used to it XD).

As some say, it's possible to be implemented in the future as a free DLC like in Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but who knows.

Edited by Timeman

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Are people still angry at this? It takes nothing away from the game.

That's a pretty selfish way of looking at it. It doesn't even matter to me, but to some it does, and it's an extremely simple option to leave in. For those people, it most certainly does take something away from the game.

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

That's a pretty selfish way of looking at it. It doesn't even matter to me, but to some it does, and it's an extremely simple option to leave in. For those people, it most certainly does take something away from the game.

Let me rephrase it. At LEAST people aren't as mad as they were with Fates  when they lost dual audio. I'm sorry, but not buying a game over it is dumb, but as you say, their choice. I'm sure they had their reasons for not having dual audio in.

I heard that dual audio is gonna be made a day 1 patch. Keep in mind this is from that Oscar guy on Twitter so he could be wrong.

35 minutes ago, Azz said:

I heard that dual audio is gonna be made a day 1 patch. Keep in mind this is from that Oscar guy on Twitter so he could be wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me. Most other Warriors games (at least the ones that have a dub) as of late have been offering dual audio as free DLC or via update. DW8's Japanese audio track was made available a few months after it was released, for example.

52 minutes ago, Azz said:

Could you share the link to that? I'm curious. It would be nice if they did that, but I won't be holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Gaia093 said:

Could you share the link to that? I'm curious. It would be nice if they did that, but I won't be holding my breath.

I would but I can't find the tweet :/. His twitter is @theprinceofiris if you want to go look yourself.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I would but I can't find the tweet :/. His twitter is @theprinceofiris if you want to go look yourself.

Thanks. I guess this is the one.

Sounds pretty baseless with no source whatsoever, but it'd be nice if true. Color me skeptical for the time being.

Eh, I'm personally not too concerned for my sake. I'm usually more of a dub guy first, subs second; I tend to pay more attention to VAs whom I am capable of understanding over the Japanese VAs where I'm distracted looking at the subtitles over the pictures because I don't know the language.

I'm not interested in having the Japanese language option. Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad if it were made an option for those who prefer it, but as an update it'd take up a lot of memory to store all those sound files.

Maybe as an optional free download rather than a regularly-queued update?

On 10-10-2017 at 5:49 PM, Neghis said:

Well the japanese dubs are on the cart so an update adding it is a possibility.

Happened with Breath of the Wild, so who knows?

10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm not interested in having the Japanese language option. Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad if it were made an option for those who prefer it, but as an update it'd take up a lot of memory to store all those sound files.

Again, those files are already included in the game card to begin with. That's why you can set your system language to Japanese and actually play a western copy of the game in full Japanese. Just like Breath of the Wild. This has already been confirmed to be so.

Literally the only thing a patch would be adding is the option to set those sound files directly through the menu, so that you can also have the English text. And that wouldn't take up any space at all.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:47 AM, Timeman said:

However, the tweet confirms that even the american and european Switch copies have Japanese audio, but in the sacrifice to change the language of the entire game (and the Switch OS).

Really? That annoys me, then. Surely, it can't be that much data usage, nor much time/effort to add the toggle option for voices. Why did they add the extra voice data in the first place?

Edited by henrymidfields