Battle animations

sandmanccl

Battle animations  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave them on?

• Full battle animations
    • Map only
    • None at all

Curious to see if you leave them on full, turn it to map-only, or just completely turn them off.

I think I got 4 or 5 maps into the game my first playthrough before I realized I could turn it to map-only and haven't looked back since. My sense of curiosity as to what the battle animations for mastery skills are hasn't been filled yet because I just don't have the patience to leave the full battle animations on.

I still leave it on map-only because it doesn't slow the game down THAT much and just leaving them off takes the satisfaction out of critical hits.

Usually I have it on individual and put it on for the units I like the most. But I think I prefer map only.

However, for some unknown reason, every once in a while the game will crap out when I get into a battle animation with a wyverrn rider. I could turn the battle animations off completely, but being that Jill and Harr are amongst my favorite units, I have to have them on, or else the game will crap out when they promote. If I have them all on, it makes the chances for the game to crap out less likely.

Full

is there a difference between map and none?

In map, you see the units attack each other (kind of like watching some form of "animated chess") and in none, there is no animation at all, just the numbers are briefly shown.

Edited by Boo

In map, you see the units attack each other (kind of like watching some form of "animated chess") and in none, there is no animation at all, just the numbers are briefly shown.

Oh Ok because i tried looking at both and didn't found them that different

I only leave animations on for the units I like. Especially Swordmasters and people with awesome skills. Usually, especially on long chapters that I hate, I leave on map or none.

BTW: 5 hit Cancel Astra = one of the most satisfying things in life.

In the beginning, I always had the battle animations on

lol I didn't know I could change it

. Then there was a period when I used the Only Map option. But after a while, I realized how boring that actually was, missing all the cool master skills, so I turned it back to battle animations.

Edited by xanatha

I prefer having them on full. It draws me into the game more, and I find that it increases the overall thrill of the gameplay.

This.

There's seriously no point in it for me to turn them off. Part of the reason I love FE so much is that it has awesome battle animations, and without them I feel like the game will lose a lot of its charm.

I use the horizontal Wiimote, and if I hold A if the they're set to "off", I get to watch the animation. Needless to say, this is extremely useful. "A" could be the equivalent of Z on the NGC controller. You should try it.

So I can switch between watching and not watching whenever I please. I usually watch when there's a boss, or if I want to see the victory pose of a certain character. I can watch laguz in battle if they're untransformed, but skip them as long as they're their ugly transformed selves. And I can listen to lOliver's theme song without having to watch his fat ass get attacked during the enemy phase. I can watch Haar attack people without having to turn off his animations for when he gets swarmed the next turn.

I use the horizontal Wiimote, and if I hold A if the they're set to "off", I get to watch the animation. Needless to say, this is extremely useful. "A" could be the equivalent of Z on the NGC controller. You should try it.

That is amazing. I never knew that! I might just leave them on off and use the A button now. Thanks!

I always leave the attack animation on. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing Valtome be Impaled by Nephenee, or watching Pelleas cast ten Verrine spells in a row. :3

Only time I've ever turned them off... Definitely Chapter 5 Part 4, the chapter where you fight Izuka and his endless army of Laguz. Watching Tibarn dodge a thousand times in a row isn't so fun. :/