• Robin (Male.)
    • Owain.
    • Inigo.
    • Brady.
    • Gerome.
    • Morgan (Male.)
    • Yarne.
    • Laurent.

Chrom: Olivia. I like their dynamic and Inigo makes the most sense as Chrom's kid. He looks like Chrom, and the comparison to Lucina is very reasonable here since she'd be his sister.

Lucina: Gerome. Childhood friend thing. I'm a sucker for that. :P

Robin: Frederick. He's best husband, best knight, and best retainer. <3 I love him to so many pieces! Koei only made him even better for me too (in FE Warriors) and that's on top of sexy abs Summer Freddy being a thing in Heroes. He's pretty much my favorite FE character along with Ike now.

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom: Sumia, but only cause I do find them adorable on some occasion, though I do wish their pairing wasn't so forced. F!Robin is a close second though, and sometimes higher at times.

Lucina: M!Robin ALL THE WAY! Was the girl I had Robin pair with on my first playthrough and I loved it all the way. RobiCina FTW!

To date these are my preferred pairings for Awakening.

Robin- Cherche. Cherche is one of my favorite Awakening characters and I really like this pairing. Especially as I usually make a large build avatar, which results in him looking older than most of the cast so Cherche makes sense for that reason also.

Chrom- Typically Olivia, I don't know why but I really like this one. In the first place Inigo is my 2nd favourite kid character, Inigo has blue hair as does Chrom so there's that.

Lucina- I like the pairing her with Gerome. For one thing Gerome is my favorite child character so there's that, also Gerome and Lucina seem like the most mature (grown up) of the child characters so I think this pairing makes sense for that reason as well.

Chrom: Olivia. This is a pairing that gives equally great benefits to both children, and I especially like them as a couple. Inigo looks quite convincing as Chrom’s son and the supports between them make the most sense. 

Lucina: Gerome. They have good chemistry and I like the backstory they share.

Robin: For Male, it’s Sumia all the way. They have great supports and  the children resemble each other’s parents so well (especially Morgan). For Female it’s just Chrom because whatever.

Chrom and Sumia just because it's easy to max out and they have a decent support. Being able to get A rank really early can be nice with the extra boosts they give each other.

Lucina and Gerome because they have a neat history with each other and I like the contrast between someone with a wyvern murdering sword and a dude who rides a wyvern himself.  

M!Robin... depends on boon and bane but usually Cordelia because of her good genes, access to armsthrift (I'm stingy) and just being a strong unit. Can't go wrong with her.

Maribelle for Chrom (if it's not Sumia, that is). I'm also fine with Sully, but the less I have to say about Chrom and Olivia, the better.

Robin's suitor depends on my mood, frankly.

Lucina... I haven't actually bothered to pair her off, but I voted Gerome.

Chrom: Sumia because I really don't like the both of them and sheer laziness. Not reading their supports (I'm programmed to press that start button in a heartbeat) makes it go easier.

Lucina: Inigo because I've seen fan-art I've liked of them and her Gerome supports I feel are a cure for insomnia.

Robin: This made me realize how little I re-play Awakening. I never done any child units. But I like Female with Gaius and the Male with Tharja.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Lucina: M!Robin ALL THE WAY! Was the girl I had Robin pair with on my first playthrough and I loved it all the way. RobiCina FTW!

Well, you're enthusiastic. I actually married Robin (not named Robin at the time since I actually thought he was an avatar back then, silly me!) with Cordelia as I didn't know how long the game was and kind of rushed into an S support with the first normalish looking girl that wasn't Lissa and seemed decently likable. Now, however, I can't really pair Male Robin with anyone else but Lucina. Let that be a lesson to never rush marriage (life lessons with Fire Emblem).

Chrom is pretty much meant to be with Sumia, and I'm fine with that as his other options are...lacking. I do legitimately like them together though and playing through it again more recently, their support didn't seem quite as pie-centric as I remembered.

I don't use Female Robin much (never actually beat it using her) so I really don't have a pairing for her that I'm dedicated to. If I were to play through it with her again though, I would probably put her with Priam. 

26 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, you're enthusiastic. I actually married Robin (not named Robin at the time since I actually thought he was an avatar back then, silly me!) with Cordelia as I didn't know how long the game was and kind of rushed into an S support with the first normalish looking girl that wasn't Lissa and seemed decently likable. Now, however, I can't really pair Male Robin with anyone else but Lucina. Let that be a lesson to never rush marriage (life lessons with Fire Emblem).

Chrom is pretty much meant to be with Sumia, and I'm fine with that as his other options are...lacking. I do legitimately like them together though and playing through it again more recently, their support didn't seem quite as pie-centric as I remembered.

I don't use Female Robin much (never actually beat it using her) so I really don't have a pairing for her that I'm dedicated to. If I were to play through it with her again though, I would probably put her with Priam. 

Yup. In all honesty, I cannot see anything more perfect for Lucina than Robin. It's the ultimate irony even. Lucina going back in time to stop her father's murderer and Grima, only to literally love with the one that becomes both. I have this headcanon where Lucina had a childhood crush on Robin at first, but thought she grew out of it later on because of the war and all. But after going back in time and now meeting Robin when they're the same age, all those feelings she had back then resurface and grow to the point of love. 

Honestly, I do wish that Sumia wasn't pushed too hard onto Chrom. It's kind of why she's so unpopular. And it didn't help that she also had limited options too. But yeah, Sumia feels the most right, since I use M!Robin. 

F!Robin has plenty of pairings herself. Plus, if you become Lucina's mother, there's the other irony where the murderer and Grima ends up being her own mother, wanting to save her father at the cost of her mother. 

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yup. In all honesty, I cannot see anything more perfect for Lucina than Robin. It's the ultimate irony even. Lucina going back in time to stop her father's murderer and Grima, only to literally love with the one that becomes both. I have this headcanon where Lucina had a childhood crush on Robin at first, but thought she grew out of it later on because of the war and all. But after going back in time and now meeting Robin when they're the same age, all those feelings she had back then resurface and grow to the point of love. 

Honestly, I do wish that Sumia wasn't pushed too hard onto Chrom. It's kind of why she's so unpopular. And it didn't help that she also had limited options too. But yeah, Sumia feels the most right, since I use M!Robin. 

F!Robin has plenty of pairings herself. Plus, if you become Lucina's mother, there's the other irony where the murderer and Grima ends up being her own mother, wanting to save her father at the cost of her mother. 

I think the drama works better with Male Robin since Lucina had to actively choose him instead of being born to Female Robin which she had no control over (plus, it just seems like they are awkwardly flirting almost in the Male Robin support). That, and I believe that in the end, love for one's spouse should be greater than love for one's parents so it means more with Male Robin. I also like to think that Lucina would be a good reason why Male Robin did not succumb the second time. Plus, Female Morgan with Aether is nice. Give her Galeforce along with her mother and they become a mother-daughter duo of incredible destructive capabilities (I do wish the support wasn't so generic even if I understand why they did it, but the event tile conversations on Lucina's end [or anyone else who can only have a Morgan] are expressly for Morgan so that's nice, also, no mention of Chrom being the world's youngest grandpa is disappointing though).

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I think the drama works better with Male Robin since Lucina had to actively choose him instead of being born to Female Robin which she had no control over (plus, it just seems like they are awkwardly flirting almost in the Male Robin support). That, and I believe that in the end, love for one's spouse should be greater than love for one's parents so it means more with Male Robin. I also like to think that Lucina would be a good reason why Male Robin did not succumb the second time. Plus, Female Morgan with Aether is nice. Give her Galeforce along with her mother and they become a mother-daughter duo of incredible destructive capabilities (I do wish the support wasn't so generic even if I understand why they did it, but the event tile conversations on Lucina's end [or anyone else who can only have a Morgan] are expressly for Morgan so that's nice, also, no mention of Chrom being the world's youngest grandpa is disappointing though).

I won't go and say that love for one's spouse is greater than love for parents. Love is love regardless, so I don't think one should be undermined over the other. However, I do agree that to fall in love with Robin is something that she had a choice in, whereas being Robin's daughter would be something that Lucina had no control over. 

Morgan's always been a nuke. A character that surpasses every other character. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I won't go and say that love for one's spouse is greater than love for parents. Love is love regardless, so I don't think one should be undermined over the other. However, I do agree that to fall in love with Robin is something that she had a choice in, whereas being Robin's daughter would be something that Lucina had no control over. 

Morgan's always been a nuke. A character that surpasses every other character. 

Not all love is created equal. Would you say you love your friends as much as your parents or grandparents?

And, yes, Morgan is always OP, but with that set up they can get in some nice bonding as they get three actions in one turn.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Not all love is created equal. Would you say you love your friends as much as your parents or grandparents?

And, yes, Morgan is always OP, but with that set up they can get in some nice bonding as they get three actions in one turn.

Depends on how strong the friendship is and how the bond with parents are. That's why I say that love is love and one isn't always superior to the other. Some cases has you love your friends or lover more. Some has you love your family more. It all depends on the person and how their relationship with the people are like. 

Indeed. Also, sometimes you can even see Morgan as a thing of symbolic nature, where Morgan from a 2nd Gen unit represents a new future that exists now. Of course, it's heavily implied Morgan comes from The Future Past DLC.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Depends on how strong the friendship is and how the bond with parents are. That's why I say that love is love and one isn't always superior to the other. Some cases has you love your friends or lover more. Some has you love your family more. It all depends on the person and how their relationship with the people are like. 

Indeed. Also, sometimes you can even see Morgan as a thing of symbolic nature, where Morgan from a 2nd Gen unit represents a new future that exists now. Of course, it's heavily implied Morgan comes from The Future Past DLC.

If you love your friends more than your spouse, that probably does not bode well for your marriage.

Yeah, but I still would have liked a little more reaction from the others. Especially if she's 3rd (two and a half?) gen. At least give her and her grandparents a special event tile or something like that. 

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

If you love your friends more than your spouse, that probably does not bode well for your marriage.

Yeah, but I still would have liked a little more reaction from the others. Especially if she's 3rd (two and a half?) gen. At least give her and her grandparents a special event tile or something like that. 

Exactly. Not all marriages works out. In fact, some relationships fall apart because the other person doesn't like their lover's friends. 

That would be awkward enough as it is. Think the last thing Sumia or Chrom wants to know is that they're grandparents before they even hit their 30s.

40 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Exactly. Not all marriages works out. In fact, some relationships fall apart because the other person doesn't like their lover's friends. 

That would be awkward enough as it is. Think the last thing Sumia or Chrom wants to know is that they're grandparents before they even hit their 30s.

Well, I'm a till death do we part kind of guy so...

Reminds me of my brother's theory that Chrom is just blocking it all out for the sake of his own sanity.

As much as I'd love to keep chatting about this though, I think we're into PM territory here.

48 minutes ago, darkblade2814 said:

Male Robin x Panne, (Bunnies should have multiple children)

Female Robine x Priam (Best gotoh Ever)

Chrom and Sumia (Implied to be canon)

Lucina and Gerome (the same as her parents)

How do you figure? Chrom and Sumia are together in the intro with baby Lucina, they have that scene on the pegasus, and interaction in a cutscene after her recruitment. Gerome...gave Lucina a mask which is only ever divulged through a support. Everyone's entitled to their own ship, but it's hardly implied canon.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Thane said:

I've almost never not paired Chrom together with Cynthia because I can't see her as anything other than Lucina's sister. 

Except Chrom can't marry Cynthia. He can marry Cynthia's mother, Sumia, but not Cynthia herself.

Anyway, Chrom x Maribelle, Lucina x Gerome, Robin x Aversa.

Chrom X Sully. Childhood friends, plus very alike in terms of interests and personality? Sign me up!

Lucina X Male Morgan. What a perfect pair. His happy attitude seems to make the burden she carries less heavy. If I have Female Morgan instead, I'll pair Lucina up with Laurent. No particular reason, they seem like a nice match.

Male Robin X Noire. Very sweet supports, ones that I find are a bit more normal than the usual wackiness (especially for the 2nd generation characters). Nothing to get in the way of discussion, pep talks and a date!

Female Robin X Stahl. Again, among the more normal ones. Just seems so natural, they get along easily.