Holy war banner

JDtheBA

24 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

I think Imma skip this banner, never played genealogy and not too interested in it tbh.  I'll take a free pull anytime, but I'll save the rest of my few orbs for the Takumi banner.

You call it saving, yet you spend them on a colorless hellhole, with a shared focus by a useless scrub (besides LoD fodder, I guess). I see some irony in that :P

I ain't pulling either, anyways, but found this mildly amusing.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just blessed by RNG-sus. In just 14 summons (5 rounds in total), I used 60 orbs and got 2 Sigurds, 1 Tailtiu, and 1 Deirdre.

The first Sigurd (judging by Gamepress) is +HP/-Def. The second is +Spd/-Def. The Tailtiu is unfortunately +HP/-Atk. The Deirdre is +Res/-Spd.

The previous day I was conned out of $60 by a Carnie. At least I got my wallet back...but you know what?

I'M KOMAEDA!!! YOU CAN'T STOP KOMAEDA!

Edited by MilodicMellodi

200 orbs later and I still haven't gotten one of the characters god damnit. 

My pity rate was once broken by a 5* Tharja otherwise I haven't gotten anything. That's the third time in a row where I have a pity rate of over 5% and still don't get a 5* (what's wrong with my luck...).

Well it's still the first day and there are still plenty to come (the chances of getting  both Sigurd and Deirdre are getting lower and lower though).

1 hour ago, Crushie said:

My pity rate was once broken by a 5* Tharja otherwise I haven't gotten anything. That's the third time in a row where I have a pity rate of over 5% and still don't get a 5* (what's wrong with my luck...).

Well it's still the first day and there are still plenty to come (the chances of getting  both Sigurd and Deirdre are getting lower and lower though).

You have some serious willpower. 200 orbs three times in a row with no results? That's only happened to me in the Elincia banner and I was raging mad.  I also just spent 90 orbs in the new banner with nothing to show for it and I'm already depressed af.

teach me your meditation routine

So it seems I got cursed by the gatcha devil. I used 65 orbs  (that's the most I used at once) and I don't have a single Holy War character to show for it. Jeez, I'm going to have to wrap up the rest of my lunatic missions if I want to get enough orbs to pull one of them.

Oh well in the worst case scenario Ayra will probably be a "free" tempest trial character and I prefer her over any of the other Holy War characters and hey I did get a perfect 4star IV Fae. Gotta look at the bright side.

1 hour ago, Crushie said:

That sounds like me on the CYL banner. I spent 200+ orbs easily hunting for Lucina all month and came out with just a Cordelia and Effie breaking the 5.25% pity rate, and I already had both of them. I did get a CYL Ike just before the banner ended in a last effort summoning, but he's -def +res which is like the worst and I'm still salty.

I got a Sigurd in 30 orbs, but cursed with -spd, then wasted 20 more orbs for a replacement or Dierdre but failed and called it quits. Hope you manage to get them, the luck can be beyond fickle sometimes.

I'd really like Dierdre too but I think I'll just keep saving for Halloween.

2 hours ago, Crushie said:

Thats tough! 

Take it lightly, though. If you cant get them now you might get them later - they are here to stay. Unlike the performing arts banner which made me resort to buying orbs in the end (at least with a lucky ending).

Right now I really need to save up a couple of hundreds orbs for some future banner - so from now on I will try to just do one full pull maximum per new focus banner and the free pull on the others. Cant wait to get home and see what it will give me.

1 hour ago, Ranulfo said:

You have some serious willpower. 200 orbs three times in a row with no results? That's only happened to me in the Elincia banner and I was raging mad.  I also just spent 90 orbs in the new banner with nothing to show for it and I'm already depressed af.

teach me your meditation routine

The worst part is that I didn't resort to buying the orbs, so I always had to sit out a few banners to gather up orbs :D the last banner where I pulled the character I actually wanted was the one with Tana and Innes (and Innes only came home at the last day). I tried to get Ike in the TT banner but got Lilina instead (not even mad I didn't have her before).

Just sit back, grab some tea and try not to smash something when you pull the 10th Cherche --> rinse and repeat until you have no orbs left :(

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That sounds like me on the CYL banner. I spent 200+ orbs easily hunting for Lucina all month and came out with just a Cordelia and Effie breaking the 5.25% pity rate, and I already had both of them. I did get a CYL Ike just before the banner ended in a last effort summoning, but he's -def +res which is like the worst and I'm still salty.

I got a Sigurd in 30 orbs, but cursed with -spd, then wasted 20 more orbs for a replacement or Dierdre but failed and called it quits. Hope you manage to get them, the luck can be beyond fickle sometimes.

I'd really like Dierdre too but I think I'll just keep saving for Halloween.

Hey we had the same experience! I tried Ike and Lucina and got... Delthea. welp. But hey you managed to get Ike in the end so that's something and you can still get Lucina in the future :)

Congrats on your Sigurd too, I think he is quite the monster regardless of the -spd bane.

14 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Thats tough! 

Take it lightly, though. If you cant get them now you might get them later - they are here to stay. Unlike the performing arts banner which made me resort to buying orbs in the end (at least with a lucky ending).

Right now I really need to save up a couple of hundreds orbs for some future banner - so from now on I will try to just do one full pull maximum per new focus banner and the free pull on the others. Cant wait to get home and see what it will give me.

Thanks, yeah I once tried to get Lukas on his banner and got him as a 4* just one week after it ended :D yeah buying orbs can lead to some serious regret if you don't get the intended character, glad you got yours.

Spoiler

English and Japanese voice clips for the six Jugdralis added with today’s update. Includes unreleased and datamined units, so be warned!

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I wonder how Ayra and Arden will be obtainable. I don't doubt Arvis will be available in a Grand Hero Battle, but what about the other two?

Nothing prevents them from doing two grand hero battles. Legion and Clarisse were revealed back-to-back, and had their battles back-to-back too.

Arden seems more probable as a tempest reward than Ayra now. Ayra at least started out hostile.

4 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I wonder how Ayra and Arden will be obtainable. I don't doubt Arvis will be available in a Grand Hero Battle, but what about the other two?

At least one will be a TT reward I assume. Not sure about the other one.

I'm still stuck rolling for Inigo so no FE4 characters for me.

Oh wait.  But seriously, there's a lot to look forward to, I'm more interested in Arvis and his debuffs than how broken Ayra is though.  Arden having the highest HP and DEF in the game should be fun too, and I love that he has his pursuit ring.  They really went above and beyond this time around.

Got Sigurd, Deirdre, and fittingly Seliph after a fair number of orbs (also some good repeats to merge).

Then I went over to the dancer banner and spent the rest of my orbs to no avail. It seriously feels like there's some hidden odds on special banners. I've thrown literally hundreds of orbs at it by now and gotten none of the focus units back.

Anyway, awesome to have Arvis and Ayra datanimed! Arden is a surprise, and a meh one tbh. But always nice to have more Jugdralis.

Dunno about you guys but i'm starting to actually feel a power creep now. Back then, i dismissed it since Skill Inheritance could fix it. But now, we have Sigurd, Arvis, Arden, and Ayra with uninheritable Skills, something that only the CYL Heroes should have imo, at least when it comes to the A-B-C Skills. Like, i get Ayra having a unique version of Astra, since she was the first ever character in the series to use it, but why does she get her own Legendary Weapon? Silver Sword+ would've been enough. If you were going to give her a Legendary Weapon, why not Balmung? They're probably saving that for Shannan though. Actually, what does Ayra's Blade do?

And i'm not liking the Rings being uninheritable. There's no reason why they shouldn't. Follow-Up Ring makes Arden automatically better than most of the Armors in the game. If it could be inherited, then it'd help some of the lower-tier Armors catch up.

I don't want to see uninhertiable A-B-C SKills becoming a trend in the future.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dunno about you guys but i'm starting to actually feel a power creep now. Back then, i dismissed it since Skill Inheritance could fix it. But now, we have Sigurd, Arvis, Arden, and Ayra with uninheritable Skills, something that only the CYL Heroes should have imo, at least when it comes to the A-B-C Skills. Like, i get Ayra having a unique version of Astra, since she was the first ever character in the series to use it, but why does she get her own Legendary Weapon? Silver Sword+ would've been enough. If you were going to give her a Legendary Weapon, why not Balmung? They're probably saving that for Shannan though. Actually, what does Ayra's Blade do?

And i'm not liking the Rings being uninheritable. There's no reason why they shouldn't. Follow-Up Ring makes Arden automatically better than most of the Armors in the game. If it could be inherited, then it'd help some of the lower-tier Armors catch up.

I don't want to see uninhertiable A-B-C SKills becoming a trend in the future.

I think uninheritable skills are a nice way of differentiating units. But the sheer power here is a bit odd, especially the CYL-style boosted stats.

Ayra's Blade is basically Blazing Durandal, but instead of Atk, its boost and Heavy Blade effect are Spd.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think uninheritable skills are a nice way of differentiating units. But the sheer power here is a bit odd, especially the CYL-style boosted stats.

I get that but like, it's kinda worrying if uninheritable skills keep popping up, especially on the more powerful units.

Yay, got Sigurd :D Now just gotta wait for a banner with Eldigan, and hopefully Quan will come along soon and the band can be back together :D

Edit: Whoops, though this was in the Holy War banner thread. Oh well >.<

MODEDIT: heck yeah it turns out i can fix that

Edited by Integrity

Only took 45 orbs to get Seliph’s parents and got a +Atk/-HP Eirika as my free summon.

Deirdre is +Spd/-Res (not bad but could be better) and Sigurd is +Spd/-HP (-Res could be better but still good though ouch on the -4 for -HP or -Res).

Lunatic quests were rather easy though there were stuff like +1 +Atk Death Blow 3 Reinhardt with Hone Atk 3 buff unable to ORKO Sigurd on map 1 and map 3 Ayra almost ORKOing Fury Camus with full cavalry buffs.

If I have to make some guesses, I can see Arvis and Ayra in GHBs and Arden being a TT reward.

Edited by Roflolxp54

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I get that but like, it's kinda worrying if uninheritable skills keep popping up, especially on the more powerful units.

As long as Rein is around, Ayra won't get out of control. But then and again, that's why it's powerCREEP. It doesn't happen fast.

But Ayra is really pushing the envelope.

Sigurd doesn't do anything too weird, since he's a mage tank without distant counter. Most players want their mage tanks to be either a) mages b) archers or c) distant counters, in order to not waste turns. So Sigurd doesn't really advance an existing part of the meta, he's more of a niche unit.

Ayra, on the other hand, completely pushes out existing non-dc swordies. She is so tanky and has such high damage out put that pretty much no one else can compete.

She has 40 base speed, which can easily be pushed up to 48 with skills, a speed based heavy blade weapon effect and the single best special in the game. At this point, there isn't a sword that can match her in raw damage, especially if she runs fury (though she'll probably want to stick with desperation)

Edit:

I also agree that other armors should be allowed to inherit the pursuit ring.

Edited by dragonlordsd

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Ayra, on the other hand, completely pushes out existing non-dc swordies. She so tanky and has such high damage out put that pretty much no one else can compete.

She has 40 base speed, which can easily be pushed up to 48 with skills, a speed based heavy blade weapon effect and the single best special in the game. At this point, there isn't a sword that can match her in raw damage, especially if she runs fury (though she'll probably want to stick with desperation)

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if she easily gets into the top-tiers. Her weakest Stat is RES but that's like, 80% of the cast's weakest stat.

At the very least, Ayra's gonna be free so everyone will have a chance to get her.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Ayra's in the game. She's one of my favorite characters from FE4, but man, i'm just worried about powercreep in the future.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if she easily gets into the top-tiers. Her weakest Stat is RES but that's like, 80% of the cast's weakest stat.

At the very least, Ayra's gonna be free so everyone will have a chance to get her.

Indeed. For that reason, I'm much more excited than outraged. I'm really looking forward to using her.

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

Indeed. For that reason, I'm much more excited than outraged. I'm really looking forward to using her.

Yeah, same. The same also applies to Arden and Arvis (though Arvis doesn't appear to have anything too spectacular).

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, same. The same also applies to Arden and Arvis (though Arvis doesn't appear to have anything too spectacular).

I know, right?

I'm very disappointed, because I will have to use him, as he fills a gap in my ranks for a red mage tank. (Tharja and Lilina just don't have the resistance to perform that role).

But yeah, stat-wise, he doesn't bring much to the table. I also don't get why Valflame has a whole bunch of ploys stacked on it. I mean, it's interesting sure, but the Valflame in geneology was all about raw, ridiculous damage. I expected it to be something along the lines of ragnarok, but only for attack.

Edited by dragonlordsd