Holy war banner

JDtheBA

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I tested it and it didn't happen. See the screenshots I posted.

Follow-Up Ring works above 50% HP, not below. If he's below half, he won't be getting the follow-up attacks whether you have Hardy Bearing or not.

Good to know. Too bad for the hardy bearing seal, would've been interesting.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Ayra so bad, she looks great and those skills.  I also need Arvis so if he is a sage he will still be welcome since I have yet to pull any good read mages.  Another armor for TT reward sounds OK since my armor team is still rather weak so any strong units for it are fine.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I tested it and it didn't happen. See the screenshots I posted.

Follow-Up Ring works above 50% HP, not below. If he's below half, he won't be getting the follow-up attacks whether you have Hardy Bearing or not.

Oh, well I guess I misinterpreted it as Hardy Bearing's effect activating when I was playing Heroes last night, my bad. 

Edited by BlazingMage

55 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

But, am I the only one who thinks Arden's art steps into the uncanny valley? It's not clicking, I think the artist tried to emulate the original FE4 art but updated it at the same time. Arden just looks creepy.

Nah, i think the artist actually succeed. Arden has always looked ugly.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wasn't that more along the lines of Manfroy though? Arvis isn't really a schemer. He personally gave Sigurd a Silver Sword and the, in Ch.5, gave him a barbecue. He wanted to build an Empire of peace, and he did, until Julius and Manfroy corrupted it. Arvis is not a schemer.

Both he and Manfroy were schemers.  Arvis pitted the various regional lords against each other and then cleaned house, played politics to be chosen as the Imperial Heir, and he planned the barbecue to permanently remove Sigurd's influence on the continent.  Sure, it was all to create an Empire of Peace, but he was willing to do a lot of shady stuff to make his ideals reality.  Also after Julius took over and Seliph started a rebellion, he manipulated things to get Tyrfing to Seliph as part of his atonement.

Manfroy took advantage of Arvis's ambition and ideals to further his own schemes, but saying Arvis isn't a schemer because he was manipulated by Manfroy isn't correct.  Arvis still manipulated his way into becoming emperor.

(Mind, I'm taking most of this from the wiki, as I never managed to get very far in FE4.  But given all that's there, I don't think it's fair to say that all the schemes were Manfroy's doing.  It's also acknowledged in Heroes, as one of Arvis's map select quotes is apparently 'What's your gambit?', and his castle quotes talk about the sacrifices needed for his ideals.)

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, BlazingMage said:

But, am I the only one who thinks Arden's art steps into the uncanny valley? It's not clicking, I think the artist tried to emulate the original FE4 art but updated it at the same time. Arden just looks creepy.

I believe he is meant to look ugly and creepy, though. 

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah, i think the artist actually succeed. Arden has always looked ugly.

Should I feel bad for Arden? Guess being ugly is part of his character? I never played FE4 but I heard it was the darkest FE game in terms of story.

You can feel bad for Gonzales as well once he gets added. Being ugly is part of some characters' traits and I'm glad it was preserved in this case.

Also, I just looked at Ayra's stats and skills and damn. What are they thinking? The power creep is most definitely on.

yB2PDbO.png

I assembled his Sprite. Looking at the weapon sprites from this update, this red tome is new, so I assume it is his. I hope he has good stats, a new strong Red Mage would be nice.

EDIT: here is some updates/ leak info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcRlCI5WxY

Edited by Lord_Grima

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

You can feel bad for Gonzales as well once he gets added. Being ugly is part of some characters' traits and I'm glad it was preserved in this case.

Also, I just looked at Ayra's stats and skills and damn. What are they thinking? The power creep is most definitely on.

I'm just happy that they are adding more skills that compare the unit's spd, it makes Phantom Speed more viable as a seal.

39 minutes ago, Fiorex said:

Is it me or does he look like Hulk?

DMPX12GXcAAaqw6.jpg

Oh my God, they're actually pretty similar. I can't look at Arden without thinking of Hulk now and vice versa.

Tailtiu seems solid, pretty much the Linde 2.0 we expected except not quite as good but easier to build (and likely easier to obtain).

Dierdre is the best in the banner in my opinion. Her tome has an extremely useful secondary effect in ignoring buffs, and her base kit overall suits her extremely well. 

Sigurd I feel was a little overhyped. He’s pretty much Seth with a legendary weapon and better skills. I don’t feel he’s really meta changing as people were saying he was. Not to say he’s a bad unit, he very well holds his own, but I can’t help but feel kinda underwhelmed by his bases. He’s definitely in the top five for sword horsemen but as for horses overall that might be up to debate.

Arvis is disappointing. Valflame has an interesting effect, but I think the average speed really limits the potential he could have had offensively. Has a neat B-skill too but I don’t know what it’d really be useful for. Maybe pseudo-healing in TT I guess. He looks like  he’s meant to be a mage check but he can’t use G/R tomebreaker alongside his personal skill so that’s frustrating as well.

Ayra is a monster. She has everything going for her stat-wise with the exception of resistance, and her skill kit is a keeper. I should also add that her art did her justice. Really looking forward to using her.

Arden is really neat too. Insane HP and defense, impressive attack, abysmal resistance and speed. His B-skill is his saving grace and I think a combo of death blow, panic ploy, and bonfire will make him a monster on player phase.

Glad we got an overall solid group of units.

Well did a full pull from the banner with no luck just SI and merge fodder, I will have to save orbs and pull again since I only have Seliph for the TT.  I really like Arvis's art he looks really good and I will finally have a good red mage.  I hope the TT is soon since I need more orbs.

OMG Arden has Ayra's gen 1 Hero Sword, lol That's the best thing to come out of this update IMAO

So hyped for Ayra, seriously, she's miles ahead of both Sigurd and Alvis in my opinion, which is both disappointing and hella cool at the same time; anyone like me thinks her best special might not be Regnal Astra? Regnal Astra with 40 Spd accounts for a flat +16 extra damage, but like Ignis would account for +24 and it would still charge pretty freaking fast with that blade of hers, while Aether for sustainability is obviously another choice.

Also Sigurd is like... yeah, hard to kill, so... what? I love him and will pull for him, but outside of a +Spd boon/Cav team his offensive presence on PP won't be all that great unless you give him like Swift Sparrow (Life and Death will seriously cut into his tankyness, fury 3 means he can tank no blue mages after the first encounter, which is what, oddly enough IMHO, everyone seems to be so hyped for; Triangle adept might give him oneshot potential against greens but again... blues); his default skillset is obviously aimed at making a damage sponge out of him, yet... okay, but what after you have damage sponged? He doesn't even have that much EP potential because DC renders his B skill useless, while Quick Riposte means foregoing his Crusader's Ward entirely. What I mean is that while his statline is amazing and, in theory, pretty freaking versatile (he's like a slightly better Ike ON A HORSE) his default kit is so geared towards tanking that... it makes you forget how pure tankiness isn't really needed in this game. Some of the tankiest characters in the game (Hector, Lukas, Xander) are viable thanks to their great EP combat that they get through a combination of DC, quickened nuking specials like Ignis/Bonfire, QR etc... Sigurd has access to none of those if he wants to keep his default kit. Is it that dumb of me to find him really underwhelming?

EDIT: geez I'm so dumb, could a mod move this post to the Fire Emblem Heroes Geneneral topic pretty please? :unsure:

Edited by Koumal8

2 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

OMG Arden has Ayra's gen 1 Hero Sword, lol That's the best thing to come out of this update IMAO

So hyped for Ayra, seriously, she's miles ahead of both Sigurd and Alvis in my opinion, which is both disappointing and hella cool at the same time; anyone like me thinks her best special might not be Regnal Astra? Regnal Astra with 40 Spd accounts for a flat +16 extra damage, but like Ignis would account for +24 and it would still charge pretty freaking fast with that blade of hers, while Aether for sustainability is obviously another choice.

Also Sigurd is like... yeah, hard to kill, so... what? I love him and will pull for him, but outside of a +Spd boon/Cav team his offensive presence on PP won't be all that great unless you give him like Swift Sparrow (Life and Death will seriously cut into his tankyness, fury 3 means he can tank no blue mages after the first encounter, which is what, oddly enough IMHO, everyone seems to be so hyped for; Triangle adept might give him oneshot potential against greens but again... blues); his default skillset is obviously aimed at making a damage sponge out of him, yet... okay, but what after you have damage sponged? He doesn't even have that much EP potential because DC renders his B skill useless, while Quick Riposte means foregoing his Crusader's Ward entirely. What I mean is that while his statline is amazing and, in theory, pretty freaking versatile (he's like a slightly better Ike ON A HORSE) his default kit is so geared towards tanking that... it makes you forget how pure tankiness isn't really needed in this game. Some of the tankiest characters in the game (Hector, Lukas, Xander) are viable thanks to their great EP combat that they get through a combination of DC, quickened nuking specials like Ignis/Bonfire, QR etc... Sigurd has access to none of those if he wants to keep his default kit. Is it that dumb of me to find him really underwhelming?

EDIT: geez I'm so dumb, could a mod move this post to the Fire Emblem Heroes Geneneral topic pretty please? :unsure:

Moving posts is kind of a pain, and your post fits this topic fine.  Mind if I keep it here?

---

I'm giving Sigurd Escutcheon.  His goal will be to bait a ranged unit, then go into melee.  If he eats a counter, it'll be reasonably reduced.  Might want to give him Deflect Missile, since he'll already take reduced damage from magic.  My goal is to turn him into the ultimate bait unit.

@ClogonWell, I managed to get a Deidre so she'll do. 

@ Arden's art: Well, it looks like Arden. The realistic style probably turned quite a few people off.

As for Arvis, give him Speed Ploy and he's a ploy deploying machine. Fury is great for his A slot due to his B slot skill mitigating the damage from it. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Is this the thread where I can complain about Ayra's BTS,?Cuz I really don't like her BTS.

I think that's actually being discussed over in the General Discussion thread right now, but here works fine as well.

49 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

As for Arvis, give him Speed Ploy and he's a ploy deploying machine.

It's almost like he's planning something with so many ploys.

Manfroy is going to come with the exclusive Dark Scheme (or we can call it Mastermind)- it's Panic Ploy but the bonuses turned penalties will be doubled in potency.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think that's actually being discussed over in the General Discussion thread right now, but here works fine as well.

Well if it's ok then,

*ahem*

So why does Ayra have the BST of Temple Trial Boss unit? Any good reason? Besides being a good unit in her own game?

Edited by Zangetsu

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So why does Ayra have the BST of Temple Trial Boss unit? Any good reason? Besides being a good unit in her own game?

She probably won the dev popularity poll. (For the record, Sigurd and Ira scored first and second, respectively, in CYL among FE4 characters. Arden scored third.)

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She probably won the dev popularity poll. (For the record, Sigurd and Ira scored first and second, respectively, in CYL among FE4 characters. Arden scored third.)

Yay, a logic! Let's hope they keep to this and keep anyone not a trainee or super popular from getting the BST boost.