Pairing your Avatar.

Your Husband/Wife in Fates  

31 members have voted

1. 1. (Males Only.) Who is your wife in Fates?

• Azura (All Paths.)
    • Hinoka (Birthright/Revelation.)
    • Sakura (Birthright/Revelation.)
    • Camilla (Conquest/Revelation.)
    • Elise. (Conquest/Revelation.)
    • Comment.
    • I'm a Girl (Don't vote on this question if you are a girl.)
  2. 2. (Females Only.) Who is your husband in Fates?

• Azura (All Paths.) (L******)
    • Ryoma (Birthright/Revelation.)
    • Takumi (Birthright/Revelation.)
    • Xander (Conquest/Revelation.)
    • Leo (Conquest/Revelation.)
    • Comment.
    • I'm a Guy (Don't vote on this question if you are a Guy.)

17 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of, Midori and Elise are both on my list of characters to marry in future runs (I find the support chain with the former in particular to be rather sweet).

17 hours ago, GreenDragon17 said:

Midori's support is really sweet. I love how she takes care of the avatar while he's sick, Elise's is sweet as well. Something about their personalities just warms my heart.

Don't worry. The police is on their way.
Nah, just kidding XD
I agree 100% with the both of you. Their support chains with Corrin genuinely warm my heart. Kind of like Nowi's with Robin in Awakening. Sakura's, too, especially the S-support.

As a side note: Elise makes a pretty strong Dragonstone Kana and you can get her much earlier than, say, Ophelia!Kana or Nyx!Kana (since Elise joins very early in Conquest and still early enough in Rev), too, if we want to take gameplay into consideration.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't worry. The police is on their way.
Nah, just kidding XD
I agree 100% with the both of you. Their support chains with Corrin genuinely warm my heart. Kind of like Nowi's with Robin in Awakening.

As a side note: Elise makes a pretty strong Dragonstone Kana and you can get her much earlier than, say, Ophelia!Kana or Nyx!Kana (since Elise joins very early in Conquest and still early enough in Rev), too, if we want to take gameplay into consideration.

Hahahah, I laughed too hard at this lmao...

I think I went for witch Elise since her magic stat was pretty high, I dont remember what I did with Kanna though because I think that was my fifth or sixth playthrough and I stopped playing around that time lol.

I am a man but try playing as the female heroine to see if the writing, interactions and gameplay reflect gender differences, according to the period when the story takes places. 'Fates' simply disregards all of this, but I still have mostly played as adult female Corrin.

I have only played 'Conquest'. On my first campaign, Corrin married Silas, who felt like the 'natural' choice. I then played various campaigns with no S-Supports (at all), and lately have been marrying Corrin to Odin, because I like his personality and because I wanted to try Nohr Noble Ophelia.
As adult male Corrin, my character married Anna.

In my opinion, marrying the avatar to the kids feels wrong. I understand medieval characters marrying at fourteen or fifteen years of age, but the children in 'Fates' are written as kids. It is the interaction with them which feels unnatural.

This is probably stressed by my dislike of the appearance of the 'kid' avatars, thus I have only played as an 'adult' avatar.
Little female Corrin looks hideous. She has no neck! What is wrong with the artists? A game with no feet, then avatars with no neck.

10 hours ago, starburst said:

I am a man but try playing as the female heroine to see if the writing, interactions and gameplay reflect gender differences, according to the period when the story takes places. 'Fates' simply disregards all of this, but I still have mostly played as adult female Corrin.

I have only played 'Conquest'. On my first campaign, Corrin married Silas, who felt like the 'natural' choice. I then played various campaigns with no S-Supports (at all), and lately have been marrying Corrin to Odin, because I like his personality and because I wanted to try Nohr Noble Ophelia.

In my opinion, marrying the avatar to the kids feels wrong. I understand medieval characters marrying at fourteen or fifteen years of age, but the children in 'Fates' are written as kids. It is the interaction with them which feels unnatural.

This is probably stressed by my dislike of the appearance of the 'kid' avatars, thus I have only played as an 'adult' avatar.
Little female Corrin looks hideous. She has no neck! What is wrong with the artists? A game with no feet, then avatars with no neck.

Wait until you see the newest thing: Characters without hands!

Though 'kid' male Corrin doesn't look that much like a kid, I think. At least, he's not much younger in appearance than, say, Takumi or Leo.
'Kid' female Corrin, though... yeah, she's a straight up loli. How she's supposed to be older than Leo, Takumi or even Sakura or Elise is beyond me, honestly.

17 hours ago, starburst said:

Aren't they all adults though besides Kanna? And thats why Kanna cant marry them or anything. Besides theres a lot of dialogue saying their only adults and what not. Such as Midori mentioning shes only short and so on.

I love how incest is your only options in the poll aside from Other. xD Not that I'm complaining.

My favorite waifus are:

1. Sakura. She's very nice and caring, and surprisingly brave. She's the only Hoshidian sibling that never says Nohrian Scum, because she doesn't harbor any hatred, only compassion. Sharing a name with my favorite anime character is a nice bonus. xD I'm kinda salty that her support with the avatar is so lame though.

2. Elise. She has a cheerful and energetic personality. She genuinely loves the avatar and has an unwavering desire for peace, making her one of the most mentally strong characters. Her support is really sweet.

3. Felicia. She's kind and hardworking. Despite the universe conspiring against her, she's dedicated to her job and never gives up. Plus she and the avatar have known each other for a long time. What's not to love?

4. Selkie. She has a cheerful and playful personality, and enjoys life without a care in the world. Her support doesn't do her justice though.

5. Midori. She likes to help others with her medicine. Her support is also heartwarming.

Even though I've all but exclusively played as a female avatar, my pairings have been pretty reaching.

My first husband was Silas, for the same 'naturalness' that I bet a lot of people felt going into the game. It's not a perfect support but the childhood friend angle does do him favors, and he doesn't have an awful personality like some of Fates's characters. His other supports though... Silas stop hitting on my sisters

My second was actually Gunter. I'm not an geezer pleaser, but when I saw that he was only marriageable in Conquest and that was my second playthrough, I felt compelled to give him a shot. Plus, he's a really sweet old guy even if Revelation tries and fails to make him a bad guy, and he reclasses nice and easy into Hero, which is probably my favorite class in the franchise.

My Revelation playthrough I married Jakob, but I didn't actually like it. It was just a matter of convenience, getting his Evasive Partner skill to make me tankier. My real third husband was Kaze. I'm not sure how I felt about the support itself, but I do find Kaze as a character to be perfectly charming and appealing, like Silas. Guess it makes sense that the two have a support.

As for my wives, though I've yet to really enjoy them proper, my first wife was Azura. However, most of my love for the pairing isn't from the game proper, but rather the fandoms take on the relationship. You know, actually doing anything with it. Azura's supports are so fucking bland in Fates proper with the avatar! There's no passion! No true romance! Give me my gay water wife

My second wife is, perhaps predictably, Scarlet. What can I say, when a girl hits your type, she's your type. A freckled blonde badass in red that rides a dragon and doesn't afraid of anything? drools And not only that, her support is adorable as hell! She's such a sweetie!

My third wife is Mozu. Her support with the avatar is alright I suppose, but really? I just love Mozu the character. She's so sweet, so dedicated, so damn good as an archer holy shit that I just can't help but want to give her the world and also lots of hugs and kisses because i'm gay

On 8/11/2017 at 3:47 PM, GreenDragon17 said:

Aren't they all adults though besides Kanna? And thats why Kanna cant marry them or anything. Besides theres a lot of dialogue saying their only adults and what not. Such as Midori mentioning shes only short and so on.

I think that you are making a sort of anachronistic judgement.
Are the second generation characters adults by modern standards, i.e. at least 18-21 years old? No, most definitely not.
Are they adults by medieval standards? Yes, certainly. Considering that puberty set a decisive distinction between 'childhood' and 'adulthood' in the Middle Ages, that girls aged 12 and boys aged 14 were eligible for marriage, and that the 'age of consent' in western Europe was between 10 and 13 years of age until the very end of the 19th century.

Again, the age is not the reason why marrying the avatar to a second generation character feels wrong to me, but the interactions with them. The same could be said about Elise, by the way.

I have read that the original Japanese supports were edited for the western audiences, and the lines that you are referring to might have been added because of this 'edition.'

On 9/11/2017 at 5:51 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

My first husband was Silas, for the same 'naturalness' that I bet a lot of people felt going into the game. It's not a perfect support but the childhood friend angle does do him favors, and he doesn't have an awful personality like some of Fates's characters. His other supports though... Silas stop hitting on my sisters

Silas and Camilla's A-Support only needs to use past tense to make sense. This support using the present tense is not only awkward but completely out of character for an already married Silas.

Silas and Elise's S-Support is simply rushed, as most of them are. I do not find their previous supports particularly bad.

On November 6, 2017 at 7:13 PM, GreenDragon17 said:

Midori's support is really sweet. I love how she takes care of the avatar while he's sick, Elise's is sweet as well. Something about their personalities just warms my heart.

Agreed. Anyway, this got me thinking, isn't there a trope for when a caretaker falls in love with whomever they're taking care of? I think there is, but I could be wrong.

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Agreed. Anyway, this got me thinking, isn't there a trope for when a caretaker falls in love with whomever they're taking care of? I think there is, but I could be wrong.

Closest thing I could think of is the Hikaru Genji plan, though that's expression is more associated with raising a child to be a spouse http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WifeHusbandry

On 11/13/2017 at 3:50 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah. It's called Florence Nightingale Effect. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlorenceNightingaleEffect