Possible Genealogy TT?

BlazingMage

Now that we know Ayra is in the game, what are the chances of there being a Genealogy TT? I find it extremely likely, since IS seems to be following a pattern. Three characters from the PoR banner were introduced and there was a TT based on Tellius with the new characters being featured as bonus units, The Black Knight was in the game before he was playable and was revealed to be a TT unit. We know Arvis is coming, but I think Ayra being another GHB unit is unlikely. Plus they mentioned that Sacred Coins will be Tempest Trials rewards, why would they mention Sacred Coins as rewards in the Tempest unless there was an upcoming TT? What seals do you want to see rewarded if we do get a Genealogy TT? I really want the boost the blow skills to be sacred seals, they would probably stack like the Distant Def seal stacks with the Distant Def skill. What are your thoughts?

if I recall correctly we got the sacred world banner in the same month as the moment of fate TT, so that may not be the case, we may just get a proper blazing blade TT, or a tharcia TT, but it is hard to say, though we may not get a mini TT this month due to how late into the month we are.

I don't have any clue what is going to happen this month, but I think we are behind schedule.

Just now, Othin said:

Basically 100%. Bear in mind that this is already getting discussed plenty in the existing threads about the FE4 banner.

Sorry about that, I didn't see any threads talking about the Genealogy TT. But I still want to know what kind of seals people want to see as rewards in the next Tempest.

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

if I recall correctly we got the sacred world banner in the same month as the moment of fate TT, so that may not be the case, we may just get a proper blazing blade TT, or a tharcia TT, but it is hard to say, though we may not get a mini TT this month due to how late into the month we are.

I don't have any clue what is going to happen this month, but I think we are behind schedule.

I hate the fact that they didn't announce an October schedule, hope they announce one for November.  I know we didn't get a TT based around Sacred Stones, but like I said I find it highly likely that Ayra is gonna be the TT reward. If she wasn't, she would have been the 4th unit on the banner.

5 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

all I really care for right now is an arvis GHB just for the possibility of a armored mage.

armor emblem needs more options.

I recommend against getting your hopes up. It'll probably be Gen 1 Arvis, where he isn't armored, and like flying mages, armored mages will probably at least initially be seasonal-exclusive.

Edited by Othin

I'm hoping for Close Def seal from the next TT. Now that Sigurd is bringing the skill permanently into the summoning pool, I think that's a sign they're okay with it being mass distributed to units for free just like Distant Def which was never locked to a seasonal unit. As for the other, 20000 point seal, I dunno. They finished distributing the stat + 1 seals already. I'd love to see them give us a Renewal seal because it's a totally self-aware reward. However, now that we have the ability to upgrade seals, it might be deemed just a bit too powerful and they'll at least wait for an opportunity to make that a 40000 point reward some day down the road. So those are my guesses for the 40000 point seal: Renewal or Close Def.

Edited by Glennstavos

I'm expecting Arden to be the Tempest Trials reward with Alvis and Ira as Grand Hero Battle rewards with Ira's Grand Hero Battle coming next month.

Close Def seems a likely candidate for a Sacred Seal reward.

It would be nice to see another Ploy (Def Ploy please?) as well. Phantom Res or Smoke skills would also be cool. Part of me is also hoping that the Seal skills get added as Sacred Seals, which could actually make the skills somewhat usable.

I personally want Spd ploy (for Arvis, then he'd be able to ploy all 4 stats yay) or Close Defense (For Tana or just general tanking) as seals. I do wonder who is going to be the bonus along with the new banner. Hopefully its not Eldigan as I don't have him. 

Phantom Res makes sense as a Seal for the (near) future, with all the Ploys about - especially since more units with them are coming with this update. I personally feel it's too soon for Smoke Seals though, as much as I'd like to see them.

@Kiran I know your profile is a picture of Nino, but do you know where I can find the full image? I remember seeing it before but can't remember where.. 

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Phantom Res makes sense as a Seal for the (near) future, with all the Ploys about - especially since more units with them are coming with this update. I personally feel it's too soon for Smoke Seals though, as much as I'd like to see them.

@Kiran I know your profile is a picture of Nino, but do you know where I can find the full image? I remember seeing it before but can't remember where.. 

Sorry to disappoint but my profile pic is not Nino. Nor is it anything fire emblem related

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Phantom Res makes sense as a Seal for the (near) future, with all the Ploys about - especially since more units with them are coming with this update.

I like this idea. Seems a lot more relevant than Phantom Spd, and Arvis using Phantom Res with Valflame and Spd Ploy would be wonderfully evil.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting Arden to be the Tempest Trials reward with Alvis and Ira as Grand Hero Battle rewards with Ira's Grand Hero Battle coming next month.

Spoiler

The main problem with that is datamined stats.  Arvis has stats for 3, 4 and 5 stars, Ayra has stats for 4 and 5, and Arden has stats for 5 only, as far as I've been able to find.  It seems odd that if Arvis and Ayra are both GHB units, that one would be available at 3+ and the other would only be available at 4+.  It would also be odd for the Tempest to only have the 5 version of its reward hero, when all previous tempests have been 4-5.

That's not to say it's impossible.  They could be shifting things around, or add lower rarities later.  But with the current data, it seems unlikely that both Arvis and Ayra are GHB.  Arvis definitely looks like a GHB, due to having stats for 3-5, and not showing up in the story/paralogues like Lloyd, Valter, and I think Berkut (and because of the leak that said we'd get an Arvis GHB).  Ayra seems like a TT reward, due to being 4-5, but I have no idea where that leaves Arden, who's currently locked to 5.

Edit:  Threw everything under a spoiler tag in case people are avoiding datamined info.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

15 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

The main problem with that is datamined stats.  Arvis has stats for 3, 4 and 5 stars, Ayra has stats for 4 and 5, and Arden has stats for 5 only, as far as I've been able to find.  It seems odd that if Arvis and Ayra are both GHB units, that one would be available at 3+ and the other would only be available at 4+.  It would also be odd for the Tempest to only have the 5 version of its reward hero, when all previous tempests have been 4-5.

That's not to say it's impossible.  They could be shifting things around, or add lower rarities later.  But with the current data, it seems unlikely that both Arvis and Ayra are GHB.  Arvis definitely looks like a GHB, due to having stats for 3-5, and not showing up in the story/paralogues like Lloyd, Valter, and I think Berkut (and because of the leak that said we'd get an Arvis GHB).  Ayra seems like a TT reward, due to being 4-5, but I have no idea where that leaves Arden, who's currently locked to 5.

Edit:  Threw everything under a spoiler tag in case people are avoiding datamined info.

Spoiler

Maybe Arden is a non-TT reward of some kind. Some new type of quest, idk.

11 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

You can derive the level-1 and level-40 stats of any character at any rarity simply by knowing the 5-star (or 3-star or 1-star) stats at level 1 and level 40.

(See my research information for details.)

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

You can derive the level-1 and level-40 stats of any character at any rarity simply by knowing the 5-star (or 3-star or 1-star) stats at level 1 and level 40.

(See my research information for details.)

Does that matter if the data isn't there though?  We can figure it out, but the game doesn't calculate that on the fly does it?

Spoiler

Another sign of Ayra probably being a TT reward is the fact that she has a signature version of Astra (Regnal Astra) much like the Black Knight's Dark Luna. I'm 99% sure she'll be the reward.

Edited by Great Dane

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Does that matter if the data isn't there though?  We can figure it out, but the game doesn't calculate that on the fly does it?

Do the dataminers actually say that the data is explicitly missing for those rarities?

I find it unnecessary that either the game client or server needs to store the stats of every character at every level with every nature at every rarity when it can calculate all of it on the fly.

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Is there reason to believe those stats aren't actually there, or just that no one has posted them?

Maybe Arden will be on an upcoming banner, like maybe an armour knights banner, and was added early for the FE4 paralogue? It's been a while since we've had a new non game specific banner, and armours are still very few. Could be something like Arden, Kellam, and Brom to launch along with a Halloween banner at the end of the month. I dunno, I just don't see him as a TT or quest reward.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do the dataminers actually say that the data is explicitly missing for those rarities?

I find it unnecessary that either the game client or server needs to store the stats of every character at every level with every nature at every rarity when it can calculate all of it on the fly.

What I'm initially going off of is what they've posted to the wikis (mostly gamepress, as they have datamining pages set up as well).  Looking through things some more:

Spoiler

From what I can gather after trying to look through /feg/, it appears that that is what they found, data for Arvis at 3-5, Ayra at 4-5, and Arden at 5.  I'm unsure of exactly what stats they found, given that the only images are level 40, and I can't actually find the datamined information itself, except for text (like the TT intro, or confessions).

Additionally, apparently only 1 GHB map was found (the castle map), and Arvis is the only hero flagged for GHB out of the 3 extras.  Maps have been added later for GHB before though (I don't think any of the GHB maps were in the launch version, despite all of the units through Xander being available), but I don't know if rarities have.  I'm not sure how much use the GHB flag is though (or if it actually exists).

Given this, I don't think it calculates all stats on the fly.  Most likely, they store the neutral stats (probably level 1) for each rarity the hero is available at, and have flags for boon/bane, and growth rates, which they then use to calculate from there.  Assuming that I'm interpreting the info correctly.  Every level/rarity/boon/bane combination would probably be too large of a db (especially for one expected to grow), but storing only, say, 3 star stats and calculating up or down from there doesn't seem ideal either (a lot fewer look ups, but larger calculation time.  Just because it can be calculated on the fly doesn't mean it should be, especially not if you're expecting a lot of calculations from multiple users).

Granted, this is mostly speculation and possibly hearsay for the data found.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi