Possible Genealogy TT?

BlazingMage

23 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

@Ice Dragon No, but given all the other information I think it's a pretty safe assumption. Even if it's wrong the rest goes far too well with the rest of the pattern. The only other possibility I see is if she's an alternative banner character, and I highly doubt that.

When the first TT was released, people speculated that every TT reward character would be an alternate version of an existing character, that every TT reward character would only have a weapon and no other skills, and that every TT final boss would be an antagonist character. None of those things turned out to be true.

With only one personal special in the game so far, there is absolutely no reason to think they're restricting those specials to certain methods of getting characters.

11 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

What I'm initially going off of is what they've posted to the wikis (mostly gamepress, as they have datamining pages set up as well).  Looking through things some more:

Hide contents

From what I can gather after trying to look through /feg/, it appears that that is what they found, data for Arvis at 3-5, Ayra at 4-5, and Arden at 5.  I'm unsure of exactly what stats they found, given that the only images are level 40, and I can't actually find the datamined information itself, except for text (like the TT intro, or confessions).

Additionally, apparently only 1 GHB map was found (the castle map), and Arvis is the only hero flagged for GHB out of the 3 extras.  Maps have been added later for GHB before though (I don't think any of the GHB maps were in the launch version, despite all of the units through Xander being available), but I don't know if rarities have.  I'm not sure how much use the GHB flag is though (or if it actually exists).

Given this, I don't think it calculates all stats on the fly.  Most likely, they store the neutral stats (probably level 1) for each rarity the hero is available at, and have flags for boon/bane, and growth rates, which they then use to calculate from there.  Assuming that I'm interpreting the info correctly.  Every level/rarity/boon/bane combination would probably be too large of a db (especially for one expected to grow), but storing only, say, 3 star stats and calculating up or down from there doesn't seem ideal either (a lot fewer look ups, but larger calculation time.  Just because it can be calculated on the fly doesn't mean it should be, especially not if you're expecting a lot of calculations from multiple users).

Granted, this is mostly speculation and possibly hearsay for the data found.

If that really is all the case, that's a convincing reason to think Ayra is the TT unit, but it makes the question of where Arden fits in even more confusing. Especially if he seems to be 5* exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

When the first TT was released, people speculated that every TT reward character would be an alternate version of an existing character, that every TT reward character would only have a weapon and no other skills, and that every TT final boss would be an antagonist character. None of those things turned out to be true.

With only one personal special in the game so far, there is absolutely no reason to think they're restricting those specials to certain methods of getting characters.

If that really is all the case, that's a convincing reason to think Ayra is the TT unit, but it makes the question of where Arden fits in even more confusing. Especially if he seems to be 5* exclusive.

Unless Arden is a 2nd reward in TT, or 2nd GHB but even from that standpoint Arden as a GHB wouldn't make sense since he works with Sigurd's army and is not a villain. Then again we have Female Robin who was a GHB unit, but she's generally associated with Grima and Male Robin is the canon gender for Awakening. I do believe that Ayra will be the TT unit. Now that we know a Genealogy TT is on the way (can't wait to get more orbs) I'm betting that Julia will be the final boss of the TT,  and the 40% Bonus units will be: Sigurd, Deirdre, Julia, and Seliph and the 20% bonus units will be: Lachesis, Eldigan, Ayra, and Arvis. 

Just now, Othin said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Admittedly, it could be like you said, where the info simply hasn't been posted because it isn't relevant, or it could be a full calculation each time the character is generated from only a single set of stats, like IceDragon said (which seems inefficient to me, but maybe they don't think calculation lag will be a problem if they're using that method).

I think the fact that lower star stats are not posted until after they are updated in the app (for units like Seth that drop in rarity after a banner) points more towards my theory, but that could just be waiting for pulls at that rarity.  I know they used to have to wait for data, but I think since the datamining started (and especially since Gamepress started working with the dataminers), the info is pulled directly from the patch (not really sure on that though).

On 10/15/2017 at 7:24 PM, Glennstavos said:

I'm hoping for Close Def seal from the next TT. Now that Sigurd is bringing the skill permanently into the summoning pool, I think that's a sign they're okay with it being mass distributed to units for free just like Distant Def which was never locked to a seasonal unit. As for the other, 20000 point seal, I dunno. They finished distributing the stat + 1 seals already. I'd love to see them give us a Renewal seal because it's a totally self-aware reward. However, now that we have the ability to upgrade seals, it might be deemed just a bit too powerful and they'll at least wait for an opportunity to make that a 40000 point reward some day down the road. So those are my guesses for the 40000 point seal: Renewal or Close Def.

I could see Close Def as a seal, it would be broken as hell though. The Distant Defense 3 seal is already as broken as it is, stacking with Distant Defense 3 making it Distant Defense 6.  A Renewal seal would be very useful, it would stack with the already existing Renewal 3 and the Falchions. Restoring 30 HP in total, that would be OP and I actually really want that lol

Edited by BlazingMage

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I like this idea. Seems a lot more relevant than Phantom Spd, and Arvis using Phantom Res with Valflame and Spd Ploy would be wonderfully evil.

Phantom Spd is becoming more viable now with Ayra's weapon effect, Phantom Spd is probably my favorite seal in the game lol  But Phantom Res sounds pretty interesting though, I could see that happening.

50 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

No, but given all the other information I think it's a pretty safe assumption. Even if it's wrong the rest goes far too well with the rest of the pattern.

No assumption is safe off of one data point because there isn't a pattern.

57 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

The only other possibility I see is if she's an alternative banner character, and I highly doubt that.

Grand Hero Battle.

42 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

What I'm initially going off of is what they've posted to the wikis (mostly gamepress, as they have datamining pages set up as well).

In other words, no one has explicitly said stats do not exist for other rarities.

43 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

but storing only, say, 3 star stats and calculating up or down from there doesn't seem ideal either

Caches exist for a reason. You can have the server build a table from the raw data at runtime on start-up.

There's no reason to need to hard-code those values, and if you're having the server do this, there's not much performance gained by indicating in the raw data to skip rarities that characters cannot be acquired at, especially considering that most characters can be encountered at any rarity in the Training Tower (and use their actual stats, though sometimes modified a bit).

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In other words, no one has explicitly said stats do not exist for other rarities.

This is correct, as far as I can find.  On the other hand, why publish 3-5 stats for Arvis, 4-5 for Ayra, and 5 only for Arden if the data exists that indicates the rest of the rarities?

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

...especially considering that most characters can be encountered at any rarity in the Training Tower (and use their actual stats, though sometimes modified a bit).

Incorrect.  The lowest a character can be encountered in the training tower is the Fifth stratum, at 4 stars.  Story mode starts at 1 star (Palla, Catria, Minerva, Maria in Prologue-2 Normal, Xander is 2 star in Prologue-3 Normal , and all characters from Chapter 1 on are at least 2 star, with Chapter 3 onwards being 3 star).  That leaves the only other definitive 1 and 2 star heroes the free hero rotation and Narcian/F!Robin (I think all GHB after them started at 3 stars).  Edit:  The warriors maps have 3 star variants as well, though that's only 5 heroes (though 4 of them can only be used at 4 star or higher), so other special maps might ignore that.

Your point is taken though.  I'm going to see if I can contact the dataminers at Gamepress to see if they are willing to answer how the stats are stored, since I'm now curious.  I can pm you anything I find out later if you want.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi