Pokemon x Fire Emblem Concepts & Ideas

Paladin Thomas

So, for a while, I've been thinking about ideas for a Pokemon Fire Emblem crossover. I thought I would just post them here for feedback.

*Characters would be Pokemon, but with FE classes. Affinity would be turned to Typing and would depend on the species of Pokemon.

*A new Manakete like class that allows users to use their Pokemon movesets and abilities.

*Supports would stay the same, BUT Children units would depend on egg groups.

*Promotion would become Evolution.

*A new cast of characters.

*Generic units would depend on their class. (I.E. Pegasus Knight would likely be a flying type)

*Vulneraries would become Oran Berries, Concoctions would become Sitrus Berries, etc.

*In a perfect world, a completely new soundtrack, but it's unlikely. Hopefully some remixed Pokemon OSTs at least.

*Legendaries would not be included in the actual gameplay. It would take too long to develop a special class specific to each one, and if they were implemented, they would likely be too overpowered.

And that's all I have at this point. If you got ideas as well, post them below. I'm interested in what people think of the concept.

Characters would Pokemon gijinka (humanized mons) with classes based on their appearance, types and stats. Growths would also be influenced by stats.

support moves and abilities could be translated into skills

i.e.  [sword dance]  gives you a +8 strength boost if you use "wait" on player phase instead of attacking or taking some other action action. [dragon dance] gives +4 strength / +4 speed.  [calm mind] gives +4 magic/+4 res. etc, etc, etc.

intimidate puts a [seal attack] debuff on everything around you.

damaging moves would take the place of weapons; physical/special split = strength and def vs. magic and res.

Moves like Shadow Ball and Psychic have their secondary effect replaced with "chance to inflict seal res."

Moves like Crunch and Iron Tail have their secondary effect replaced with "chance to inflict seal def."

...a lot of this stuff can probably eventually be done via romhack... 

Edited by Shoblongoo

The whole evolution/ promotion thing has one thing that kinda worries me: since FE classes only ever have promote into an advance class once, that'd mean, if it was to be translated over to this project without any changes to the formula, you'd either have to stick with evolutionary lines that only evolve once/ have two stages or cut certain members of an evolutionary line (example: include Staravia and Staraptor, but not Starly).