Soren =o

Level 4 Boyd has 8 Str and 7 Spd, giving him 5 AS, which means he can easily double all those axe guys.

Oh, and he doesn't lose AS anymore from as early on as level 7, and that's when his true rape starts.

To be fair, he averages 6.9 speed. Not quite 7. So if he's not average, he's at 4 speed.

And level 7 is his level 5 levels after you get him.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtfbbq

Rounding is for n00bs.

On fixed mode, Boyd has 50 base exp in both str and spd. So he has exactly 5 AS... at lv 3. And 7 AS at lv 5 (iron axe gives +5 spd growth. Also -5 str growth).

On random mode, lv 4 Boyd has a 72.8% chance of having 5 AS or more. Not counting adjustments in growth from weapons and enemies since I'm not sure if they affect random mode. If they do, it's higher than that since fighters and bandits give +5 str growth and don't affect spd growth.

It doesn't matter whether or not you think 5 AS is great. What matters is whether or not he's fast enough to double attack enemies. And he is. Ch 2's fighters all have 0 AS. Chapter 2's bandits range from 0 to 1 AS. 1 is a bit more common.

Edited by Reikken

Boyd's always turned out awesome for me. He's my fave character for the sole reason that he can one round pretty much everything he can double unpromoted while everyone else at the same level has trouble beating enemies. His strength is just incredible and he usually has enough speed to double enemies, meaning the enemy is as good as dead. He's definately my fave character in both games.

Edited by KSFF2150

Heh, I like both Soren and Boyd. Both are awesome for me and since I didn't read the whole thread (no time, sorry) I have no idea why a thread named "Soren" has Boyd as some main topic as well. Anyway, they are both awesome. Boyd is strong (after promotion even more) and some funny fellow. Soren is an awesome mage and sage and...his death glare causes me to glomp him rather than run away from him XD (Put me in a REAL situation with him and I am sure I will run...-.-""") But Ike and Soren...NOT as any pairing! I LOVE their frienship-relationship! ...friends don't have to end up together in a lovey-dovey way all the time...

Well I'm against the norm I detest Soren... he's got a spiffy design but he's such an clingy emo kid IMHO. He's a complete jerk and clings to Ike like a parasite. I've tried to use him on a few occasions... he's turned out decent once out of about 5 playthoughs granted I've tried him only once and I don't care for him so I drop him quickly for Illyana who is statistically worse but has come out amazing for me 4/5 times.

Bastian concurs like he has never concurred before.

Uhm...what? ._.

Well I'm against the norm I detest Soren... he's got a spiffy design but he's such an clingy emo kid IMHO. He's a complete jerk and clings to Ike like a parasite. I've tried to use him on a few occasions... he's turned out decent once out of about 5 playthoughs granted I've tried him only once and I don't care for him so I drop him quickly for Illyana who is statistically worse but has come out amazing for me 4/5 times.

Ah, then you are thinking like my best friend. She doesn't like Soren as character. She thinks he is too emo and clingy-to-Ike, too. BUT she sees that Soren is an awesome mage/sage. ...but she does say Illyana turns out better in the end.

Hey, Illyana is damn good, too! I use both. And ...well, Soren is a better emo than that Sasuke Uchiha or however he is called. And he isn't THAT emo, more likely cold and direct. And so much more but I've gotta go now (besides, I'm too lazy to think about arguments now, ...you ARE right in some points, after all! And it's your opinion :D)

And I wanna huggle both Ike and Soren :3 just because they are awesome and are doing the most in my fights XD

I'd actually like to meet a clingy emo type like Soren. I mean, he's in desperate need of a hug and I don't have much else to do, so...

In a way, the Ike and Soren thing is a symbiotic relationship. Soren is grateful to Ike for obvious reasons and Ike has a dear friend. Having someone as loyal as Soren is a great gift, I think.

Of course, he treats everyone else like shit. But that's a side effect xP

I'd actually like to meet a clingy emo type like Soren. I mean, he's in desperate need of a hug and I don't have much else to do, so...

In a way, the Ike and Soren thing is a symbiotic relationship. Soren is grateful to Ike for obvious reasons and Ike has a dear friend. Having someone as loyal as Soren is a great gift, I think.

Of course, he treats everyone else like shit. But that's a side effect xP

who would want to meet a disrespectful stupid brat? I mean, he can even insult your mom when he sees the chance.

who would want to meet a disrespectful stupid brat? I mean, he can even insult your mom when he sees the chance.

Hey, he's a brilliant strategist, what more do you need?

And on the topic of Soren, I never do a good job of bringing him up, and it shows when I have to use Calill in the final chapter. :(

Sooo.....

I like Soren's personality! It's not emo... maybe similar in ways, but not emo. And even if he's cold and stuff, I don't blame him. But... yeah... I like Soren's personality!

lol, yeah I'm not all that fond of the SorenxIke thingy much. It's not that way anyway, Soren has plenty of reason to like him as a friend and only him.

SOREN HAS AWESOME STATS!!! AND EVEN IF HE PROBABLY DOESN'T, HE ALSMOT ENVER FAILS ME!!!

For me, my Soren is always better than Ilyana. I do know that Ilyana's awesome too, but my Soren was always better.

Soren does seem to give problems early on, but mostly he does pretty good. He dodges quite a lot for me.

Plus, wind magic is also my favorite element! =)

And last of all, his looks aren't really all that bad either =D I like his red eyes! Red eyes are awesome!

I don't know what to think of Soren.... Usefullness (in PoR) only Tormod can compete with him really.

Many will say Calill can compete but I disagree. She is useless because she is one of two Sages in the game who can't heal (but she'll sadly always be way better than Bastian).

Now in Radiant Dawn, Soren is once again shoved down your throat, but it isn't as bad.

Micaiah- Shes to slow to be great, but she is required... might as well make her heal.

Illyana- Grade A Useless

Tormod- He might be remotely useful if he didn't take a huge unnecessary LOA.

Calill- Some people like using her... I don't.

Soren- A candidate for best ArchSage in the game.

Bastian- One of my favorite characters in the series personality wise... and in this game he is really good (particularly compared to his epic failure appearance in PoR.) To bad he joins so late.

Pelleas- My favorite Sage in RD. His stats are as good as Soren's. He uses powerful dark magic.... now if only he didn't join so late and came with Adept...

Edited by Chris Lionheart

I don't know what to think of Soren.... Usefullness (in PoR) only Tormod can compete with him really.

Many will say Calill can compete but I disagree. She is useless because she is one of two Sages in the game who can't heal (but she'll sadly always be way better than Bastian).

Now in Radiant Dawn, Soren is once again shoved down your throat, but it isn't as bad.

Micaiah- Shes to slow to be great, but she is required... might as well make her heal.

Illyana- Grade A Useless

Tormod- He might be remotely useful if he didn't take a huge unnecessary LOA.

Calill- Some people like using her... I don't.

Soren- A candidate for best ArchSage in the game.

Bastian- One of my favorite characters in the series personality wise... and in this game he is really good (particularly compared to his epic failure appearance in PoR.) To bad he joins so late.

Pelleas- My favorite Sage in RD. His stats are as good as Soren's. He uses powerful dark magic.... now if only he didn't join so late and came with Adept...

Oops sorry for double post.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Soren's good but I think most of the other sages could be good too if they had more playtime. As for his personality, its a bit depressing but he does have a good reason for the way that he is.

My opinion on the magic users:

Micaiah - useful in part 1, after that, she's basically a healer cause she can't one round anything

Ilyana - I'd use her more if she didn't take exp away from the DB and she comes in underleveled when she joins the GMs

Tormod - He should've been playable in part 3 cause he could've been awesome

Calill - I like using her, even if she's a bit underleveled compared to the rest of her team

Soren - Arguably the best cause he has the most time to grow and his stats are pretty good although he is a little slow sometimes

Bastian - He's alright, he's just slow and can't really one round anything except generals, dragons, and a few other laguz, which is okay when he joins but other units need the exp more

Pelleas - Haven't used him that much but I'll use him on my next playthrough and see how he does. Dark magic looks so cool and its powerful so I expect him to be pretty good.

Sanaki - She's slow but she's really powerful. I'll use her if I feel like it if only to weaken the enemies for others to kill.

If you give him a reason to do so...probably. I don't think he would insult anyone if there isn't a rational reason for that. And life wasn't very nice to him (like it is usual in such times, especially for ...him) so it is sorta a side-effect. It doesn't change that loyalty to Ike, even if it is sorta clingy-to-Ike-ish, is a very good thing in general. They can lean to each other, after all. And trust each other with everything they have. It is something quite unique.

And yes, he is in need for a lot of huggles *.* ...okay, I shouldn't exaggerate...he'll kill me with his stare anyway XD

Edited by Celestie

He only rejects pplz becuz he hates himself =((((

Also, I would almost certainly not use Soren in PoR regardless of usefulness because his Sage dress is lolwtfgirly. At least he promotes out of it in RD.

Hey, he's a brilliant strategist, what more do you need?

And on the topic of Soren, I never do a good job of bringing him up, and it shows when I have to use Calill in the final chapter. :(

i don't need a brilliant strategist if it's THAT brilliant as to insult your mom in front of you.

i mean, would you need a stupid pain-in-the-ass emo kid who looks to insult your mom for a living, just because he's a brilliant strategist? gb2bsmentfgt

I just realized what I hate the most about Soren. He's such a know-it-all. He acts like he knows the answers to everything and will correct everyone for even minor errors. Like in PoR, Ike asks Soren if Bertam is on par with Petrine and he says something like "that's not necessarily so". Then goes on to explain the Four Riders when Petrine and Bertram are two of them, which is kinda what Ike figured. He pretty much feels the need to correct every little mistake, like everything has to be perfect. I hate people like that cause obviously nothing is perfect. But honestly, Ike would be SO lost without him. Soren has to explain so many things to Ike cause he won't "get it" on his own.

I just realized what I hate the most about Soren. He's such a know-it-all. He acts like he knows the answers to everything and will correct everyone for even minor errors. Like in PoR, Ike asks Soren if Bertam is on par with Petrine and he says something like "that's not necessarily so". Then goes on to explain the Four Riders when Petrine and Bertram are two of them, which is kinda what Ike figured. He pretty much feels the need to correct every little mistake, like everything has to be perfect. I hate people like that cause obviously nothing is perfect. But honestly, Ike would be SO lost without him. Soren has to explain so many things to Ike cause he won't "get it" on his own.

Ah yeah...he is sorta know-it-all...but he DOES know a lot MOAR, doesn't he? Perfectionists are everywhere, Soren is just one to SHOW it in front of everyone. ...and he probably exaggerates, but whatever.

And Ike is SO lucky to have Soren at his side so...the loyalty-thing and best-friend thing between them IS a very nice one! And since he is a main character everyone has to endure him, even without using him XD But since I am all obsessed of Ike and him he never is away from the battlefield :D