Volunteers to help with the FE Warriors section

VincentASM

9 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks, I'm liking the progress with History Mode.

You may have noticed I started making a table template for the stage details and S Rank requirements. You can find the table over here.

I'll also try and cover as much ground as I can. So far, I've jotted down a lot of notes in notebook for several maps from Noble Lady of Caelin and Together to the End, but I've only had time to transfer this info to one page so far.

I noticed your cool template, and made a few changes to it which you seem to have adopted. I also went and applied it to the pages I had already written.

I removed Allied Base Captain from the table since it's only relevant if you have a Pegasus Knight being assaulted by Archers or something, and they're almost always the same as your Commander anyway.

Thanks for the assistance!

Edit: Been meaning to ask, is there any artwork for the non-playable characters? Been meaning to give them short profiles like the playable ones have.

Edited by Anomalocaris

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Edit: Been meaning to ask, is there any artwork for the non-playable characters? Been meaning to give them short profiles like the playable ones have.

Not that I'm aware of, but we can use a still from a cutscene.

Anyway, I've been playing through History Mode, trying to catch up. So I haven't been able to add much content today.

I did reshuffle the main History Mode page a bit and I also tried to edit the table for Together to the End.

I realise there's a LOT of info to squeeze in the table, but I tried to minimise the width as much as possible. 1000 pixels is about the maximum I would recommend and even that's stretching it by a far margin (800 pixels is about ideal, but I think that's impossible without cutting out some info).

The other thing I did was move the guide links to the left so for the people with small resolutions, they can still see the links straightaway.

When I have more time (and there are no objections), I will change the other tables.

EDIT: I could move the notes elsewhere, but I'd have to see what the other History Mode pages are like.

Edited by VincentASM

41 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Not that I'm aware of, but we can use a still from a cutscene.

Anyway, I've been playing through History Mode, trying to catch up. So I haven't been able to add much content today.

I did reshuffle the main History Mode page a bit and I also tried to edit the table for Together to the End.

I realise there's a LOT of info to squeeze in the table, but I tried to minimise the width as much as possible. 1000 pixels is about the maximum I would recommend and even that's stretching it by a far margin (800 pixels is about ideal, but I think that's impossible without cutting out some info).

The other thing I did was move the guide links to the left so for the people with small resolutions, they can still see the links straightaway.

When I have more time (and there are no objections), I will change the other tables.

I've done a few Space-Time Distortions ("Elise and Iago" on Lyn's map is hilarious, by the way), but lately I've been just grinding for some materials so I don't have much to put on the wiki. I did establish some templates for Timed Onslaught, Timed Attack, Pincer Escape, Fort Siege, and Fort Defense mission types, though.

I did see the changes you made to both the main History Mode page and Together to the End, and they're good. If you intend to change the other four tables to that format, I'll avoid editing them for now.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Some trivia in terms of boss gimmicks for each map:

Invisible Ties: The enemy commander will promote after being defeated and get stronger.

The Path Is Yours: Both the Embrace the Dark and the In the White Light enemy commanders will power up and rush your base. Capturing their base and using the Dragon Vein will weaken them.

The Dark Pontifex: The enemy commander summons clones of himself.

Noble Lady of Caelyn: The enemy commander will summon the final boss upon defeat before retreating.

Together to the End: The enemy commander summons clones of himself, revives for a second round after defeat, and summons the finl boss upon his second defeat before retreating. Essentially a combination of many of the above gimmicks.

Which gimmick did you guys like the best? I kinda like the Dragon Vein one, though I'm also somewhat fond of the "summon final boss after defeat" one due to Hyrule Warriors nostalgia.

I finished almost everything except Anna's second Memories. But my computer is dead so I can't help at the moment. 

And I hated the dragon vein one where the boss rushed your base, that's was just annoying at first because I didn't see it coming so I just lost one time with Ryoma destroying everything on his way.. 

I edited all the History Mode tables, but I've gone back and further edited the first two ones to move the notes elsewhere. When I get more time, I'll do the same to the other three.

Also, I made a mistake and combined Timed Attack and Timed Onslaught. I fixed it for the first two tables, but I've yet to check the remaining ones. Just in case anybody notices anything strange.

Huh, I liked the final boss summoning in theory, but it got tiring the 2nd time in Together to the End. Plus with the boss reviving, I have no idea how to clear the map fast enough for a S Rank. I barely managed it for Noble Lady of Caelin : /

EDIT: Invisible Ties for reference.

Edited by VincentASM

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I edited all the History Mode tables, but I've gone back and further edited the first two ones to move the notes elsewhere. When I get more time, I'll do the same to the other three.

Also, I made a mistake and combined Timed Attack and Timed Onslaught. I fixed it for the first two tables, but I've yet to check the remaining ones. Just in case anybody notices anything strange.

Huh, I liked the final boss summoning in theory, but it got tiring the 2nd time in Together to the End. Plus with the boss reviving, I have no idea how to clear the map fast enough for a S Rank. I barely managed it for Noble Lady of Caelin : /

Yeah, we can't lump Timed Attack and Timed Onslaught together, they're surprisingly different beasts (even if the same strategy of "crush everything as Camilla" is the same).

Speaking of which, here's the format I used for Timed Attack missions. They're very predictable maps.

Oh, and I should point out that ALL of the Space-Time Distortions have some kind of extra condition to become available, it's just that by the time I started writing up these guides I had already met many of the conditions so I don't know all of them.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that your allies dying in the Space-Time Distortion missions DOESN'T give you a game over. Granted, I've never let them die, but they're not listed in the defeat conditions like the allied base and commander are.

Edited by Anomalocaris

If you can manage to be at Velezark when the timer is at 10, you won't have any problems, same for Darios.

I won the map with him at rank S the first time and noble laedy the second time. 

Lyn is really useful has she can do a lot of damage quickly. 

Spare your Awakening for Velezark/Darios if you can, and don't forget to pair up with someone to quickly beat anyone. 

I think my Rowan was 80 and my Lyn was 70 when I first played this map. 

NPC don't give any game over because they're not in the defeat condition, that's right :) 

Space distortion's conditions are clear all map rank s and clear all map any rank, I think there's also beat the boss of the map conditions and there's no other conditions if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Metakirby

7 hours ago, Metakirby said:

Space distortion's conditions are clear all map rank s and clear all map any rank, I think there's also beat the boss of the map conditions and there's no other conditions if I remember correctly. 

I'm pretty sure the four conditions are:

• Clear five levels with S-Rank
  • Clear all levels
  • Clear boss level with S-Rank
  • Clear all levels with S-Rank

Though Invisible Ties has five distortions, so I don't know what the fifth would be.

6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm pretty sure the four conditions are:

• Clear five levels with S-Rank
  • Clear all levels
  • Clear boss level with S-Rank
  • Clear all levels with S-Rank

Though Invisible Ties has five distortions, so I don't know what the fifth would be.

Yeah you're right for the boss map s rank, I don't know for the first one but I never saw any other conditions as I always unlocked them from the start most of the time 

16 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Well, I had True Power unlocked on a lot of my weapons so Xander and Leo had -slayer skills (and were mostly sent to take on key enemies who had weaker defence and resistance respecitvely to complete the first mission). That left me with lots of time to deal with Darios (and Velezark who I used Dual Specials against).

Huh... taking all the Deploy Limits and checking which characters get restricted by them, Celica is the one most affected by the restrictions (because of Within the Heart allowing everyone but her, the only Deploy Limits that allow her being Females Only, Swords Only, and Unmounted Only), followed closely by Lyn (who's only allowed in Females Only, Swords Only, Unmounted Only, and Within the Heart), and then Tiki (Altean Heroes Only, Females Only, Unmounted Only, and Stones Only which is typically combined with some other deploy restriction based on a weapon).

After that comes Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Marth, and Caeda (due to their respective weapon, gender, mounted/unmounted, and story restriction + each has an Anna scenario + Within the Heart where they are allowed) and the Fates siblings except Leo and Corrin (gender, weapon, mount/unmount, and one story restriction which they all fall under and another story restriction which limits them based on the kingdom they hail from, and then the Within the Heart restriction), then Chrom (Male, Sword, Unmounted, Awakening Heroes, Warriors against Fate, Distant Light, and Within the Heart) and Leo (Male, Tome, Mounted, Fates Heroes, Nohrian Heroes, Fight of the Hero-King, and Within the Heart), then Robin (Male, Tome, Unmounted, Awakening Heroes, and no less than four Anna maps where he is allowed, missing out on only The Path Is Yours) and Corrin (Female, Sword, Unmounted, Fates, Hoshidan, and Nohrian Heroes, The Path Is Yours, and Within the Heart), leaving the Twins and Anna as the units that are the least affected by Deploy Limits (being only affected by Weapon type, gender, and disallowed entirely from Mounted Only missions).

This could change once the DLC comes out and we get the Deploy Limits of the Anna missions there.

I finished editing the history mode tables. This should be the last time I change them for a while. Eventually I want to replace the icons with the actual icons from the game, but honestly I don't really know how to do it.

Sadly the Switch's in-built screenshot function blurs the images too much, so I can't rip the icons that way. I also don't have the 3DS version to see if I can get it that way. Maybe I'll try pestering @Jedi to grab screen captures of the Warriors-only sprites (I mainly need enemy Darios, Gharnef and the Time-space Distortion; everything else you can probably grab from Awakening/Fates).

Also, I'll try the suggestions for S-Ranking Together to the End. My units are really high level, so it's just time management, I think. Oh, I'm not really great at fighting Velezark either. I think I took ~10 mins. Perhaps I do need to save up my dual specials...

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I finished editing the history mode tables. This should be the last time I change them for a while. Eventually I want to replace the icons with the actual icons from the game, but honestly I don't really know how to do it.

Sadly the Switch's in-built screenshot function blurs the images too much, so I can't rip the icons that way. I also don't have the 3DS version to see if I can get it that way. Maybe I'll try pestering @Jedi to grab screen captures of the Warriors-only sprites (I mainly need enemy Darios, Gharnef and the Time-space Distortion; everything else you can probably grab from Awakening/Fates).

Also, I'll try the suggestions for S-Ranking Together to the End. My units are really high level, so it's just time management, I think. Oh, I'm not really great at fighting Velezark either. I think I took ~10 mins. Perhaps I do need to save up my dual specials...

If you really have trouble, it might be a good idea to keep one of the Twins around. Beastslayer does seem to deal extra damage against Velezark so a Dual Special with a twin using their prf weapon should add some good damage.

30 minutes ago, Folt said:

If you really have trouble, it might be a good idea to keep one of the Twins around. Beastslayer does seem to deal extra damage against Velezark so a Dual Special with a twin using their prf weapon should add some good damage.

I see. I keep getting conflicting info, but I could give it a try.

BTW, just to check, is Corrin available for the Hoshidan/Nohrian Heroes deployment limit maps? It's not super important, but the more options, the better ^^

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I see. I keep getting conflicting info, but I could give it a try.

BTW, just to check, is Corrin available for the Hoshidan/Nohrian Heroes deployment limit maps? It's not super important, but the more options, the better ^^

Yes. Corrin is awailable for both. (I know because I had her as a secondary choice alongside Rowan and Lianna as I didn't have many siblings promoted on either end, it kinda gives her a rather unfair advantage but it's an unfair advantage that benefits the player so I'm not complaining.)

In general:

Awakening Heroes: All characters from Awakening

Fates Heroes: All characters from Fates

Hoshidan Heroes: Corrin + Hoshido characters

Nohrian Heroes: Corrin + Nohrian characters

Altean Heroes: Shadow Dragon characters

Warriors Against Fate: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia (essentially all the Awakening characters, but as the Deploy Limit is called "Warriors Against Fate" instead of Awakening Heroes, I'm only listing these characters: I plan to check it once the Awakening DLC comes around and if it bars Owain, Tharja, and Olivia, then I know the reason.)

The Path is Yours: Corrin only

Fight of the Hero-King: Robin, Leo, Marth, and Caeda

Distant Light: Chrom and Robin

Within the Heart: Everyone are allowed... except for Celica

I suspect Azura will count as both a Hoshidan and Nohrian character like Corrin, Oboro as a Hoshidan character, and Niles as a Nohrian character, while the rest will go under their respective game. It'll be the new Anna maps where all bets are off though (except for Rowan, Lianna, and Anna; pretty sure all three are awailable regardless of what the deploy limit is so long as it's a story-based one).

Edited by Folt

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I'll see what I can do, but I'm tied up in California currently. I'll see what happens.

Also Shirley says hi, and you should respond :p.

I must say, I was in for a rude awakening when The Path is Yours only allowed 3 units. I completed that illustration thinking I could use most of the Fates heroes >___<

Looks like Within the Heart might be the easiest Anna map for me, considering the units I've leveled up.

Just now, VincentASM said:

I must say, I was in for a rude awakening when The Path is Yours only allowed 3 units. I completed that illustration thinking I could use most of the Fates heroes >___<

Looks like Within the Heart might be the easiest Anna map for me, considering the units I've leveled up.

Ohoho, how naivé you are...

Though if you don't want to S Rank it immediately and just want to go through it to unlock Anna then yes, it's probably the easiest Anna map, even with Velezark appearing in the end (I suggest getting Enliron and Facinna's True Power skill unlocked).

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Ohoho, how naivé you are...

Though if you don't want to S Rank it immediately and just want to go through it to unlock Anna then yes, it's probably the easiest Anna map, even with Velezark appearing in the end (I suggest getting Enliron and Facinna's True Power skill unlocked).

Dang, not Velezark again. I still need to S Rank that other map with him it in before I sleep tonight XD

I may just stick with The Path is Yours TBH. I quite like how the twins and Corrin play; I just need to grind them a little bit more, especially Corrin.

Anyway, I managed to squeeze in some pages for In the White Light and Embrace the Dark. So that was somewhat productive of me.

Ah, I almost forgot, I got permission from two reddit users to adapt their character guides for the wiki.

Rowan+Lianna

Lissa

As I probably mentioned, my technical knowledge of Warriors is very limited, but the guides look good to me. If we are going to use the guides, we'd have to credit them individually on the pages.

Speaking of, there is a credits/contributor section at the bottom of the main page. Feel free to add yourself or names of anyone who's contributed. I've been all over the place lately, so I don't quite remember everyone ^^;;

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Dang, not Velezark again. I still need to S Rank that other map with him it in before I sleep tonight XD

I may just stick with The Path is Yours TBH. I quite like how the twins and Corrin play; I just need to grind them a little bit more, especially Corrin.

Anyway, I managed to squeeze in some pages for In the White Light and Embrace the Dark. So that was somewhat productive of me.

Ah, I almost forgot, I got permission from two reddit users to adapt their character guides for the wiki.

Rowan+Lianna

Lissa

As I probably mentioned, my technical knowledge of Warriors is very limited, but the guides look good to me. If we are going to use the guides, we'd have to credit them individually on the pages.

Speaking of, there is a credits/contributor section at the bottom of the main page. Feel free to add yourself or names of anyone who's contributed. I've been all over the place lately, so I don't quite remember everyone ^^;;

Hm... I would do some things differently from these guides, but overall, they're good for guides about characters from a game that was only recently released. I suspect things will change later down the line. (In particular, Astra and Luna appear to be must-have skills, while you can get away with not using Armored Blow if the character is fast enough or becomes fast enough by using Astra. Another thing is that Luck +20 and Skill +10 appear to be viable picks for a character's skill slots, and might be preferred above Str +10 and Mag +10, and it's funny to me because those two stats are usually dump stats in mainline Fire Emblems.)

14 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I feel like each character's page is also a good point to talk about their personal skill, not just which skills are best on them.

That is actually a good idea, considering you need to unlock it for them first in order for the others to use it.

I don't have any true power with anyone (I've S ranked everything before the space distorsion) and Velezark is still easy. 

Just go directly for main objectives and you should be alright, don't forget to let one character at your main base :) 

But dual musou and awakening are the keys to defeat this boss. 

Rowan is very useful, strong attacks attributes are useful too :)