Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Low on LnD fodder. I do have a Jaffar that I got instead of Takumi that I could kill, but I am kinda loathe to burn him on B!Roy.  I guess I could spend a bunch of shards and feathers to get that 1* Hana I have up up. But like Jaffar I would rather save her for someone who would use LnD regularly rather than just for one map. That and any B!Roy strat will have to wait until the weekend. I really don't feel like Grinding SP up without the bonus. *Sigh* Why can't Cordelia get Gale at 4*. I have a rather pretty +9 4* Cordelia. I don't really want to 5* her only to get her GF and a stat decrease.

Armor + Healer ain't working. I'll try full armor later when some stamina regens. But I fear I'll need a heal to make it all the way with armor. Plus those mages are going to be a pain. They appear to be stated out so that even +Atk Hector with Hone armor can't one shot the blue mage. Single digit HP left, but the blasted mage survives. Ninian + Armor might also be an option. My only other option might be BraveLyn/Reinhardt/Ninian/Some other person. But it sounds like lack of Brave Bow may leave that wanting.

Oh and the C-Smokes should be only on initiation. It is very annoying to eat such a large penalty when you attack the smoke unit.

I came to like BH!Roy very much, he is fun to play. My first one was -ATK as well, but I used him much anyway. Nearly on the last day of the CYL banner I was fortunate to get another one (+RES -DEF). In my opinion he is worth investment even with -ATK bane, -SPD would be worse.

Also Cordelia is worth the feathers. The sacrifice of one 5* Cordelia will give your 4* +9 one the final merge to +10 plus her three 5* locked skills (TA3, Galeforce, Brave+). 

Sorry for advertising team Galeforce, but those are some of my favorite units to play (Elincia, Cordelia & BH!Roy).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished it pretty easily after all. Hard was done with my old team of Ike, Nowi, Hector and Bride Lyn with no particular strategy. Lunatic was done with my Flier Emblem team of S!Corrin, Elincia, Minerva and Hinoka. Infernal took a stamina potion because I was stubborn to try to brute force it with fliers to no avail but in the end I finished it with Reinhardt, B!Lyn and two dancers (Olivias).

Something interesting is that many say that Lyn needs a Brave Bow to clear the map but mine was mostly vanilla (with Draw back and Hone Cav), if anything Desperation is the only skill I believe you'll need to ensure she can kill more than one mage, otherwise it's mostly a Reinhardt solo.

Finally sorted out Lunatic with Eliwood, B!Lyn, B!Ike and Azura (Which likely would have been quicker without B!Ike, but he gives Azura a support boost)

I'm just going to look up an Infernal option. Though at least I have another red mage now.

My Bride Cordelia destroys another GHB. Well, she needed some help so I gave her a merge from a spare Bride Cordelia I wasn't using as well as the Speed +2 seal. Luna, Poison Strike and Savage Blow were key. 3 dancers to help her move around as well as Bride Cordelia repositioning Inigo to safety. Now I'm the happy owner of 3 copies of Arvis which will all be merged in due time. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I can't tell if this is really the easiest GHB ever, or if our units have gotten so absurd.

Cleared infernal on the first try, B!Ike, B!Lyn, B!Lucina, Performing Olivia (wow, that makes me look like a whale. I'm F2P, I swear!)

But yeah, B!Lyn just destroys this map, particularly Alvis (he did, what, 10 damage to her? Then she one rounded him.)

It took me legit 20+ minutes to finish off the armors though. I just kept pecking them with bow lyn and Olivia shenanigans.

Here's my infernal run, done with:

5* Reinhardt +1 (Dime Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Hone Spd 3 and Attack 1 seal);

5* Camilla +1 (Brave Axe+, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, Drag Back, Savage Blow 3 and Squad Ace A 2 seal)

5* Ike (Ragnell, reposition, Aether, Heavy Blade 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3 and a quickened pulse seal);

5* Ninian (Light Breath +, Dance, Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Def 2 and a Fortify Res 1 seal)

Edited by Iggy/Safer

5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Ok so without Galeforce and Brave Lyn infernal is getting frustrating. 

I've come close using Rein, Brave Ike, Ninian, and Olivia but I get swarmed by the cavalier reinforcements.

Also have Klein and Sigurd as possible teammates that I think may be helpful, but it's tough to think of a strategy. And  most of the videos right now are cheese strategies. :/

Do you have Nino?  If you do, throw Desperation 3 plus L&D on her and she should be able to one-shot all non-red units on the map.  FYI I used El Nino, Rein, Performing Azura and Olivia.  Regarding dancers on this map, P! Azura is best due to the buffs she gives obviously, but if Olivia has Hone Attack plus a Hone Sacred Seal that should be fine.

I stuck on Infernal with the Askr Trio + Wrys. I can get the Blue Mage, Blue Cavalier, Green Cavalier and Red Mage down after on Turn 1 and 2, on Turn 3 i get the Spawning Green Armor Down, and the Respawning Blue mage. Next up i get the spawnign Red mage down. and the new Spawning Red armor while also getting the spawing Blue Tome mage down. Next up i almost get the new Blue Cavalier down and then verything turns to fuzz. I get Arvis down that starts marching forward and something is amiss and everything goes down the clusterfuck.

God i wish Alfonse wasnt so weak >.<

I have cleared it with my standart static Team, but i am trying to clear it with the Askr Trio too. At this rate they will soon have inherited every fucking skill available ¬.¬

Edited by Hilda

After a bit of trial and error, I completed the infernal map with Summor Corn, Lady who may or may not be Azura, Girl with Autism, and Archer who solo's almost everything.

Edited by Poimagic

And finished Infernal with the Askr Trio. Only Restriction i made was no 5 Star skill inheritance. All Seals allowed (altough only used fully upgrade Distant Def Seal3). This was the most unorthodox battle i ever did.

Alfonse:
Weapon: Armor Breaking Sword
Assist: Reposition
Special: Bonfire
A: Triangle Adept 3
B: Red Tome Breaker
C: Hone Atk
Seal: Atk+1

Sharena:
Weapon: Fensalir
Assist: never used .... Rally Atk.
Special: Bonfire
A: Fury 3
B: Red Tome Breaker
C: Hone Atk i thnk? not sure anymore, its the vanilla skill

Anna:
Weapon: Neatun
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Miracle
A: Res +3
B: Blue Tome Breaker
C: Spur Res 3
Seal: Distant Def 3

Wrys:
Weapon: Slow
Assist: Rehabilitate
Special: Miracle
A: Res+3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Forfity Res
Seal: Quickend Pulse

Thats all my Brain went now into fart mode....

I can go R.I.P. now

Edited by Hilda

I get so damn close with Brave Ike, Sanaki, Nino, and Ephraim so damn close in Infernal, but literally my only issue is I have no answer to the last and final blue mage that spawns, it's so frustrating, especially if you look at how careful I had to play just to get to that point.

Never mind, just needed Reposition and restoring Cymbeline to Sanaki.

PLEyHmY.pngn4Lhjz9.png

Ta da.

Edited by Logos

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Do you have Nino?  If you do, throw Desperation 3 plus L&D on her and she should be able to one-shot all non-red units on the map.  FYI I used El Nino, Rein, Performing Azura and Olivia.  Regarding dancers on this map, P! Azura is best due to the buffs she gives obviously, but if Olivia has Hone Attack plus a Hone Sacred Seal that should be fine.

Thanks for the advice, I actually managed to beat it using Klein, Rein, and my dancers. I'm ftp so I'm not a huge SI player and the dancer banner has given me nothing but trash so :/

What's everyone doing with Arvis? I already merged the two 4☆s but I dunno if I should keep the 3☆ for possible inheritance of Def Ploy or promote him to have a +3 Arvis.

I'm trying to decide whether Arvis is worth making into my new project.  Judging from his max stats page, the only stat in which he is better than my Sanaki is the speed department by about 8 pts.  In all other respects, her stats are higher than his, some significantly higher.  Do y'all think he's worth it, from what you've experienced so far?

5 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I can't tell if this is really the easiest GHB ever, or if our units have gotten so absurd.

Considering I haven't got a Reinhardt or a Galeforce unit and I'm struggling to clear Lunatic, definitely the latter.

@Bartozio Do you still have that Infernal strat of yours? I vaguely remember you using units I have, so I may want to nick your strategy.

Finally managed to beat Lunatic with Celica, B!Lucina, PA!Olivia and 4* Anna. My account is fairly new and I have limited access to good units/SI but it worked out in the end thankfully.

I'm not sure whether I even want to attempt Infernal though. Two copies of Arvis should be enough. One I'll keep but probably only use for TT if he's a bonus unit since I have two strong 5* red mages with Celica and Lilina already and the other I'll use as Def Ploy fodder in the future.

Edited by hunty

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julia does NOT have autism, thank you very much.

(if you are talking about her)

Agreed! She's an amnesiac. I'm not sure if FE has ever had any autistic characters. Ophelia maybe? Pelleas? Miriel would be more Savant Syndrome to me. Soren's upbringing was too terrible and his Branded status are why he is antisocial, not a genetic condition, but he could be that way as well and it simply blends in because of those other things.

I completed Infernal on my first try with Horse Emblem team of Titania, Ursula, Xander, and Reinhardt.

Debating whether to start training up Arvis now or to wait for the double SP weekend.

I tried using a Horse Emblem team but those forest tiles were just too troublesome for me.

Instead I managed to clear Lunatic and Infernal with the Valentian Mages (Celica, Delthea, and Sonya) + Azura who used Sing on whoever needed another action. I had to fight all the reinforcements but mages in general seemed to work well on this map.