Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

One Turn clear done (again), I didn't record that when Arvis was available for the first time:

Nice job!  This is the only one I've one-turned myself, back when it first ran.  No way I wanted to deal with those reinforcements lol

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, a one turn clear without Galeforce, great! Now sacrifice a Cordelia to Caeda and join team GF.

I don’t have enough feathers for that (I have a small backlog of 4* Cordelias though).

But if it’s a Galeforce clear you want...

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid Nice clear! I think it funny that this map is really tough on day, Infernal, if you try it to normal way, yet it’s then easiest for one turn clears

Thanks! Yeah I remember the first try when the armors arrived and I was like: "why didn't I kill the first five guys and was fine with it?".

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I don’t have enough feathers for that (I have a small backlog of 4* Cordelias though).

But if it’s a Galeforce clear you want...

Hide contents

Well, feathers are easy to get since GHB stamina cost is 0 now. 

Welcome to the GF club (you are member #2)! I have yet to find a occasion to use shove. 

Fire was pretty tough since I didn't have any mages blessed. I actually ended up having to give Shigure a blessing. Otherwise, it was tougher than I remembered (guess double dancer is pretty cheesy), but the rest didn't take too many tries.

I finally ended up giving wind blessings to my Priscilla, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, and Sigurd just to have a little more flexibility with that team now and for the future. 

Water was done first try with Airzura, Tana, H!Nowi, and Elincia.

Earth took two tries just because of positioning issues but was easy enough for Ninian, Myrrh, F!Corrin, and A!Tiki.

Fire was also done first try with Celica, Micaiah, Marisa, and Cherche.

Wind was a struggle, but I eventually managed with Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Sigurd, and Camoo

And wind was completed with 5* Gunnthra (+Spd, -Atk), 5* Joshua, winter Lissa (+Atk, -HP), and 5* M!Morgan (+Spd, -Def) on lunatic. Gunnthra is her default self with a Def Ploy 1 seal just because, Joshua has his default Windsweep unequipped and has Reposition, Glacies, Spur Atk 3, and a Close Def 3 seal, winter Lissa has a defense refined Handbell+, Pivot, Death Blow 3, Hone Atk 2, and an Armored Boots seal, and M!Morgan has Draw Back, Fury 2, and a Hone Spd 1 seal.

Spoiler

Both mages require the attacker with WTD to have 47 total attack and 42 speed to ORKO them, but they share the lowest defense of the enemies on the map, so Gunnthra's Chilling Seal, Atk/Spd-6, drops their speed to 31 making the speed requirement 36 speed. By default, 5* Joshua meets the attack requirement and is only 1 speed off. A speed seal would have worked, but I wanted him to be able to deal with the axe and sword armors if necessary on enemy phase and at least not take unnecessary damage from the axe cavalier if his defense wasn't enough, so I had him receive a Hone Spd 1 buff from M!Morgan. Winter Lissa on the other hand has Bold Fighter, so speed isn't an issue for her nor is attack really. =Atk winter Lissa would have met the attack requirement and -Atk winter Lissa would have only need a +3 attack buff. Or you could give her Moonbow or something and let her activate it on the second hit. Taking out both mages leaves Joshua and winter Lissa in range of two units they have WTA over and I think winter Lissa had a Bonfire charge ready for the lance cavalier since she wouldn't have been able to ORKO the lance cavalier with Darting Blow 3 putting her out of range from doubling him. The rest of the map would have went more smoothly if I didn't put winter Lissa in range of Arvis who dropped her down to 7 HP. She survived, the lance cavalier couldn't damage her in the first place, and Gunnthra and Joshua were able to take out the cavaliers so that Lissa could take out Arvis and M!Morgan destroyed the second blue mage so they couldn't attack Joshua.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember if the second red mage spawned or not. They probably did.

Bold Fighter is such a good skill.

Edited by Kaden

Smooth sailing for me, but I did have to mess with unit placement a few times per blessed team.  The extra merge for Arvis is most welcome.

@mampfoid Just got around to watching again. Another perfect clear. Your Cordelia has been majestic in Grand Conquest by the way. Galeforce units are amazing in Rival Domains maps and yours is pretty close to being top dog. Sometimes I wish she had Desperation but that Wings of Mercy has saved my bacon on multiple occasions.

@Zeo That's great news, I'm happy you like to show her some new stuff. If you want Desperation, just tell me. I usually run WoM for One Turn clears and Desperation, WoM or Swordbreaker for Arena. 

Matthew is a great diversion between all those armors and dragons in Grand Conquest. He survives surprisingly often as the last unit of the first rotation. His mass buffs/debuffs are quite satisfying. I should play this mode manually more often, but I'm short on time these days. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:13 AM, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas @Zeo @tobuShogi @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @LordFrigid @NegativeExponents- 

One Turn clear done (again), I didn't record that when Arvis was available for the first time: 

Perhaps the easiest due to the open terrain and one unit less than Berkuts map had. Therefore I needed only three units. 

Sorry for the belated response. That was a nice a clear. I actually thought you were gonna use Cherche to deal with Arvis. I forgot Cordelia could move again with the help of Azura.

Well, with some Sacred Seals coming into my possession, I was able to do a Lunatic clear with my Fire Blessing team. Barely.  Actually, I was one movement away from one-turn-clearing this thing. Quite good for a hodgepodge bunch I put together solely to make SP grinding on the respective units easier. Draw Back is critical for the completion. It doesn't happen without it. 

It's the first time I did anything memorable with the Brave Roy I have, since his squishy nature usually meant being glued to the bench and just sitting there. 

Team is 5*Brave Roy, 4*Nino, 5* Anna, and 4* Female Robin. 

Skills

Brave Roy is default skills and the new Drive Atk 1 seal. Galeforce, Steady Blow, Desperation. 

Nino

Default Res+3 and Hone Atk 2. Seal is Hone Spd 1 for Robin. The -HP nature made it necessary for me to spend SP on Res+3

Female Robin

Default kit and Speed +2. It's needed to kill the Lance Cavalier

Anna

Skills are Fury and default kit and seal is Spur Spd 2. Spur Res was useful for this map. 

Video has no sound. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender One turn clears are always cool (if you like I could tag you on my next one). Impressive how Eirika eats everything here. 

Sure! I'm always amazed at how 1-turn clears make the most out of movement skills in ways I couldn't imagine.

• 2 months later...

@mampfoid

the new refined Askr Trio takes on Arvis Infernal with Wrys! This time Anna has her refine too!

Only one skill inheritance used: Brazen Atk/SPD from Linus

Pls note Wrys doesnt need to be merged, mine is +1 (+RES boon), you can simulate that by slaping RES+3 into his A slot or by slaping Fortress Res. I want to thank Wrys for his awesome Slow+ support that helped tremendously!!!

Seals:
Alfonse: Drive Def 3, this comes in handy for the last part
Sharena: Atk Ploy 3, this again comes in handy for the last part of the map
Anna: Flashin Blade 3
Wrys: Def Ploy 3, this one is important for the 1. Round so Anna can ORKO the green cavalier and becomes a huge role in the last part against the armorers.

@Hilda I don't remember seeing slow playing a big role in a clear so far, nice to see that for a change, especially in combination with Sharenas bond refine. Like before, Sharenas and Alfonses refinements work pretty well. Too bad Annas refinement doesn't come into play, but even her vanilla set + Brazen ATK/SPD make her a real killer. Great positioning to force the blue mage to attack Anna instead of Sharena. Those Knights gave your team quite a dance in the end. Very well done, congrats! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think i should post the revamped clear of Arvis GHB, this time done with a theme team (Arden was replacing Arvis, but the strategy didn't worked)

yeah, i know today is not his day, but whatever

12 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Did two versions of my run against Arvis: Emperor of BBQ... @mampfoid@bottlegnomes @Zeo@Rezzy@Poimagic@DLNarshen

Cecilia and Reinhardt's Honeymoon in Belhalla

The most "Ironic" way to kill Arvis

That's some nice border art.  Did you draw that?

On 8/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, Rezzy said:

That's some nice border art.  Did you draw that?

Assuming the one you are mentioning is the Lilina video; then yes... those are my artworks.

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Frosty Your mages sure know how to nuke stuff. Lilinas flames proves to be hotter than Arvis'. 

Gotta love nukes!

The cute princess smoked the BBQ King.