Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally have my final Infernal clear in my second account with Brave Bow Lyn, Reinhardt+1 and double Olivia

I just had to swallow my pride and not try for a 1 turn clear. Then it was just careful positioning as I avoid reinforcements, picking them off one by one.

Well I did it. But cheesing it with Fury Galeforce B!Roy, Lance Breaker Reinhardt, Mulagir Lyn, and Axura didn't exactly feel like an accomplishment. Yay for Hone Cavalry. I'd say yay for Fortify Cavalry, but since Lyn gets her special charged after the red mage she didn't need it to survive the blue. And yes B!Roy has Fortify Cavalry. I was originally running him with Gronnblade Cecilia and just wanted to see just how high it could go(she was rather disappointing actually). Anyways I have saved the team and named it cheese. These way I know I can cheese my way if needed. I think I need a shower now. I feel so unclean.

13 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Hey @Usana are you still having trouble with Infernal? Because I have an infernal strategy that involves Summer Corrin, if that helps.

Share away. I would like to see it and maybe try and replicate it, though I should probably abuse the last weekend of Double SP warrior maps to try and get some sp grinding in with my stamina rather than burning it elsewhere.

Alright, here I go:

Units used (I will only be listing the skills gained via skill inheritance.)

Spoiler

PA!Azura (Moonbow, Wings of Mercy, Hone attack)

Klein (Draw Back, threaten atk)

Summer Corrrin (Blarblade+, Draw back, Moonbow, Fury, Desperation)

Julia (Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adpet, Quick Riposte)

Replacements

Spoiler

PA!Azura: Any dancer with hone attack Wing of Mercy

Klein: Any brave bow archer that can a) Quad the armors, and b) move through forests

Summer Corrin: Any fast mage (preferably red or blue)

Julia: Any green mage that can kill the  blue mages after one round of combat

And so, here is the strategy:

Turn 1

Spoiler

AzLvna7.jpg

Klein moves to the left, killing the red mage. Julia moves to the right, killing the blue mage. Julia needs both TA and the attack +1 seal, other wise she misses the kill. PA!Azura moves to the space above Klein and Summer Corrin stays where she is.

Turn 2

Spoiler

iLYBuDx.jpg

Summer Corrin first kills the red armor after a hone attack buff. She then gets danced and weakens the green armor. Klein then finsishes the job after proccing glacies. Julia moves down, getting an exact kill on the blue mage.

Turn 3

Spoiler

2F0GtvT.jpg

Julia and Summer Corrin work together to kill the Lance Cav. Klein attacks the Green Cav, leaving him at low hp, then is danced and finishes the job.

Turn 4

Spoiler

rbpMtCz.jpg

Julia and Summer Corrin kill the red armor that just spawned. Klein moves forward, attacking the red mage. He is then danced out and draws back PA!Azura to the right.

Turn 6

Spoiler

RgUMEtd.jpg

Klein moves down, and kills Arvis in one round of combat. PA!Azura warps over to him with WoM and dances him. Klein attacks the Lance Cav, killing him on the second hit with his special. Julia moves down one space, killing the blue mage that just spawned. Summer Corrin does nothing. 

Turn 7

No picture needed. The red mage comes forth, getting in range of Klein. Klein easily kills him. Everyone else prepares to attack the last armor. 

Turn 8 

No picture needed, again. The green armor comes forth. Klein, Summer Corrin, and Julia all attack, killing the green armor.

I hope this helps @Usana. This guide can also help any others who need help with this as well.

Edited by Poimagic

Well, I got around to giving Infernal my attentions... and beat it on my first attempt. I think that means we need a new difficulty. Or I need to stop using Nino for these things.

My team was Nino (S Summoner, S Eirika, +4 merge), Eirika (S Nino, +1 merge), Cordelia (+2 merge), and Azura. I'm not going to bother recapping step-by-step, because dancer clears are boring, but I will point out that Eirika should bait the Axe Cavalier on turn 1 to avoid being overwhelmed in the rush later on.

Well, looks that I can't beat Infernal lol , I have try with different characters and nop, I can't.

I even try with a video that use Klein, Olivia, Nino and Gunther, but there is a time in which my Klein lacks strenght to kill a character and bam, everything fails.

Oh well, at least I did Lunatic with no effort and I can still have my 5*Arvis

Finally managed to beat infernal once I messed around with a party of mages, so thank you so much to everybody that mentioned using that because I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise. It took a few tries, but I ended up doing it using Celica, Linde, Nino, and Axe!Azura. No one had any tomebreakers equipped, but Nino needed to be danced to one-shot the blue mages (neutral with fury equipped, the boost gave her just enough attack to kill them exactly) and Linde (speed boon and speed +3 equipped) needed a hone speed for the red mages not named Arvis.

Axe!Azura did end up facing some combat against the last blue mage (she could one shot him with a hone attack even with an attack bane) and one of the lance cavaliers, and Celica needed to be able to survive an attack from a blue mage (between distant defense and speed +2 seal it wasn't a problem, but she would've been doubled without the speed +2).

Now to figure out what to use these feathers on...

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Well, looks that I can't beat Infernal lol , I have try with different characters and nop, I can't.

I even try with a video that use Klein, Olivia, Nino and Gunther, but there is a time in which my Klein lacks strenght to kill a character and bam, everything fails.

Oh well, at least I did Lunatic with no effort and I can still have my 5*Arvis

What is your Nino's build? And do you have at least two dancers with some form of Wings of Mercy?

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

What is your Nino's build? And do you have at least two dancers with some form of Wings of Mercy?

My Nino is +Res and I actually forget her bane hehehe... I think is either -Def or -HP ... And for skills she have Iceberg, Fury, Desperation... And yeah, I have Olivia wit WoM3 and Performer!Azura with WoM2

26 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

My Nino is +Res and I actually forget her bane hehehe... I think is either -Def or -HP ... And for skills she have Iceberg, Fury, Desperation... And yeah, I have Olivia wit WoM3 and Performer!Azura with WoM2

Do you have a third dancer? If you have a third dancer and a spare Virion to give Nino Astra you might be able to work something out of my strategy here. I tried it with my own Nino who also has Fury and Desperation instead of Soren and I was still able to clear it with a few minor changes. The important thing is being able to get Nino buffs for all four stats on that first turn, and then having one of your dancers be able to tank a hit from that blue mage.

9 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Do you have a third dancer? If you have a third dancer and a spare Virion to give Nino Astra you might be able to work something out of my strategy here. I tried it with my own Nino who also has Fury and Desperation instead of Soren and I was still able to clear it with a few minor changes. The important thing is being able to get Nino buffs for all four stats on that first turn, and then having one of your dancers be able to tank a hit from that blue mage.

Mmm Yeah I have more dancers, like 4 more Olivias and Shigure! And actually, Shigure have Blue Tomebreaker not sure if that could work, also Azura can take a hit thanks to her TriSkill or so I hope (she is -Res lulz)

I send all my Virions home lol , but I still have one for "collection", but I can use him for skills, since is not that hard to get another one haha (and it looks that the game actually likes to give free Virions from time to time for quest lol )

I will try and see what happens

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Mmm Yeah I have more dancers, like 4 more Olivias and Shigure! And actually, Shigure have Blue Tomebreaker not sure if that could work, also Azura can take a hit thanks to her TriSkill or so I hope (she is -Res lulz)

I send all my Virions home lol , but I still have one for "collection", but I can use him for skills, since is not that hard to get another one haha (and it looks that the game actually likes to give free Virions from time to time for quest lol )

I will try and see what happens

Good luck! Shigure should work perfectly, you'll just have to be extra careful about where you put Olivia to keep her out of the range of all of the blue tomes.

finally beat infernal, because I have no variety in units infernal took me quite a bit of time to get, it all together cost me about 6000 feathers and 4 stamina potions.

my team was

delthea + 0 dark aura, draw back, iceberg, spd +3, red tomebreaker 3, drive atk 2, spd +1 seal

legion + 2 hammer(regular), reposition, moonbow, fury, blue tome breaker 3, spur atk 3, deflect magic 2 seal(unused)

black knight +1 alondite, pivot, black luna, fury 3, quick riposte 3, threaten spd 3, distant def 2 seal

genny + 0  absorb, rehabilitate, heavenly light, hp + 5, wrathful staff 3, fortify res 3, attack ploy 1 seal

happy I didn't need to change my team too much to get this done, but far from optimal as far as GHBs are concerned.

best part is, I had the black knight one rounding the blue mages because legion couldn't counter

I may try harder to get infernal in the future.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Managed Infernal with 4* Olivia, Reinhardt, Sanaki, and my trusty mainstay Julia. I just outlasted the reinforcements, although I did have to restart a few times due to them spawning in annoying places.

Finally got around to cleaning up enough inventory space to actually have space to put Arvis. Anyways, as always,

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

This one took a while, both in getting my positioning right and in just the sheer number of turns needed at the end to whittle away at the axe armors. Hone Atk 3 and Threaten Def 3 lets her deal 6 damage per hit and 25 on Draconic Aura.

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Threaten Def 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Res 3)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)

The usual imgur link because album embedding is broken: https://imgur.com/a/GTgQ6.

how 2 brave lyn: a study in fairness and balance  [Infernal/Lunatic/Hardlol guide]

Spoiler

Since we'll be using the highest skill strategy to have ever been conceived, please be aware this guide is for big boys only.

Please note that the skills I list are the exact ones I used, you may be able to optimize sets if you feel so inclined.

The A Lyn team:

Brave Lyn @ Brave Bow+. Swift Sparrow 3/Sacae's Blessing/whatever you want rly it doesn't matter. SS: [not needed but attack+ could help if your lyn has a -atk nature. Special: Luna [moonbow also works, but it has to be one of these two]

Footnotes: Lyn will need at least 40 attack [before swift sparrow 3 and buffs] in order to kill Arvis, but that's about it. If you just want to beat Lunatic, a brave bow on its own will be just fine. I used a neutral IV [CYL free 5-star] 40+1 Lyn [pulled a +res/-atk], but all you need is the atk requirement, as Arvis WILL be able to kill Lyn if you don't ORKO him.

Azura @ Sapphire Lance +. Darting Blow 2/WoM 2/Hone Speed 2. SS: HP +3/4/5. Special: Moonbow. [skills aside from hone spd don't matter since Azura won't be fighting anything ever that isnt a sword unit and we know how that one always goes]

Footnotes: Azura can be subbed for any dancer capable of tanking the Red Mage on the right, such as Ninian. Hone speed is important, as it lets you quad a few enemies, but you're mainly using her to tank a hit from the Red Mage.

P!Olivia @ Dancer's Fan +. Distant Def 2/Escape Route 1/Hone Attack 1. SS: Spd +1/2/3. Special: N/A.

Footnotes: This is your second dancer that you'll need to tank the Red Mage. Replacing her is possible, but you're gonna want someone who can take a hit from the mage and then get into escape route range. P!Olivia will need at least 22 Res [after Distant Def] and 27 HP.

Olivia @ idk you arent gonna fight anything with her. all she needs is hone attack 2 and dance and thats it never let this sinnamon roll fight.

Turn 1: Position your units like so:

P!Olivia      Olivia

Azura         B!Lyn

Have Lyn move one space down and kill the blue mage. Olivia dances for Lyn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Lyn moves one space in front of the lance cav and kills it. P!Olivia dances for Lyn. Lyn moves one space in front of Arvis and kills the axe cav. Azura dances for Lyn. IMPORTANT: Lyn needs to move one space up and across from Arvis' position so that she doesn't get affected by the Red Mage's attack smoke. Kill Arvis, end turn. Red Mage attacks P!Olivia and puts her in Escape Route range.

Turn 2: Your Units should look like this:

Empty space     Olivia

P!Olivia          Empty Space

Azura             Empty Space

Empty Space   Empty Space

Empty Space     Lyn

Have Lyn move one space to the left of the blue mage and kill it. Have P!Olivia dance for Lyn and kill the red mage. Have Olivia dance for Lyn and kill the Lance cav. Have Azura dance for Lyn and kill the Axe cav. Your units should be making a -l shape with Lyn at the bottom, P!Olivia at the center, Olivia on the top ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and Azura on the left.

Turn 3: Kill the red mage. Have Azura dance for you and hit the axe knight. Have Olivia dance for you and do it again. Have P!Olivia ER to you so you can gtfo next to Olivia.

Turn 4: Move Olivia down two spaces and do the same with P!Olivia. Hit the Axe knight with Lyn. Have Azura dance for Lyn, move her to where P!Olivia was, and then kill the Axe knight.

Turn 5: Have Azura attack the sword knight, and then attack it with lyn. Have Olivia dance for you, and kill the sword knight. Have P!Olivia ER next to Azura, so your units should look like this:

B!Lyn   Azura

Olivia   P!Olivia

Turn 6: Kill the red mage, have Azura dance for Lyn, and then kill the blue mage. Move P!Olivia and Olivia next to Lyn so your units look like this:

Azura

Olivia   B!Lyn

P!Olivia

Turn 7: Have Azura attack the Sword knight, attack it with Lyn, have either Olivia dance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and then kill the sword knight. End turn.

Turn 8: Have Lyn attack the Axe Knight. Have Olivia dance and attack it again. Have Azura dance and attack it again. Have P!Olivia escape route righT IN FRONT OF THE AXE KNIGHT NO FEAR ANd have her dance for lyn and kill the knight.

Turn 9: there is no turn 9 you won on turn 8.

enjoy ur Arvis and 2000 feathers.

read the spoiler u dingus

Edited by CtrlAltSandwich

• 2 months later...

This one was easy. Took me 2 runs and one arena battle to complete all the quests.

Alfonse, Arvis, Ninian and Myrrh did the first 2 quests (Myrrh just soloed the bottom half of the map)

Arvis, Ephraim, Ninian and Nino did the last 2 quests. 

For Alfonse vs Arvis I just went into arena assault and looked for a solo Arvis defense team

Edited by Korath88

This one took 1 stamina pot because I was being stubborn and wanted to use Raven for the map (terrible idea, melee units are bad for this map if they don't have DC). 

After giving up on using melee I went with PA!Olivia, Nino, B!Caeda and Arvis/Alfonse. Cleared the map on my first try with this team which means that I could've saved stamina but it is what it is.

Finished the Arvis quests easily on Lunatic difficulty.

Alfonse + Infantry Emblem quests clear:

5* Alfonse: Brave Sword+, Reposition, Bonfire, Drag Back, Atk +1
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 1
+3 +Atk/-Def Azura: Wings of Mercy 3
+HP/-Atk Micaiah: Moonbow, Spd +3

Arvis + Infantry Emblem quests clear:

5* Arvis: Fury 3, Spd +3
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 1
+3 +Atk/-Def Azura: Wings of Mercy 3
+2 Bride Cordelia: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Atk +3

Edited by Roflolxp54

And so this marks the first time I wield Double Dancer Lynhardt (thanks to finally getting PA!Olivia off the legendary banner). I'm applying that to the Lunatic Infantry quest with S!Gaius and Micaiah. If only I had a Brave Bow+ for him.

Kill with Arvis? Nice and easy with himself, Nohrzura, SummElise and Fjorm.

5* Arvis (Darting Blow 3, Ardent Sacrifice, Luna, Res +1 Seal, Water Blessing, Fjorm S Rank), Fjorm (Reposition, Spur Atk 1 Seal, Arvis S Rank), Nohrzura (WoM 3, Luna, Spur Res 1 Seal, Water Blessing), SummElise (G Tomebreaker 3, Draconic Aura, HP +3 Seal)

Alfonse? Oh boy. I am struggling with the Askrtrio and I might need help.

Edited by Dayni